Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fl supreme courts rules on Pensacola and Navarre Beach

+2
2seaoat
dumpcare
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

dumpcare

http://www.pnj.com/article/20140320/NEWS09/140320010/Navarre-Pensacola-Beach-properties-can-be-taxed-Florida-Supreme-Court-rules?nclick_check=1

2seaoat

For all the times I was called a fool on the PNJ, and that I did not know what I was talking about, and how the next appeal would bring JUSTICE, finally the court has ended the agony for the weak of mind.

It used to be my one lone voice arguing equitable ownership and clearly giving court precedents in leased airport property, and everybody calling me a fool. I would like to talk to some of my neighbors, but it really is sad that some people think they can use government facilities and not pay tax. It was criminal. All that money which was lost as main lander tax payers covered the nut for freeloading leaseholds.

Now we can get to fee simple and end this huge stupid period on the beach. When I argued that a sophomore in Law school could draft a motion to challenge the taxation for about $300 and that the legal work which was done was exorbitant and in my opinion a complete rip off, I was met with I am a dumb asz and that our lawyers are the best.............millions spent on both beaches, and I am a dumb asz.

dumpcare

I have no stake in this, I knew some of you would like to know.

2seaoat

I have no stake in this, I knew some of you would like to know

I had a stake. My neighbors all insisted that we should join a lawsuit on Navarre Beach. I let them know that we would lose. The realtors and the weak of mind stirred up a fervor to cover what they had been telling people for the last 30 years......you do not have to pay taxes. I remember reading my lease and telling the realtor that there is NOTHING in the lease about not paying taxes, and that we will be taxed. He laughed. I went to an initial meeting and talked about equitable title and airports, and I was told I did not know what I was talking about and the lawyers if we give them 300k will win the case. I left the meeting basically telling folks they were fools who were being taken advantage of, and that I was going to sell my place because the real estate values were going to drop like a rock. I sold my place for a 300% profit in five years. 18 months after we sold my place sold for almost 300k less and people lost millions.

The folks on the beach had this arrogance which could be cut with a knife. I never figured it out. There were few people who were accomplished, but they figured that they had bought on the beach and that made them special. Now I generalize because I met plenty of smart and able people who realized what I was saying but they rode the plane down in the crash. I did have people come up to me five years after I sold and asked me how I knew this was going to happen, and that they would lose........I simply said it was obvious. I feel bad for innocent people who were hurt, but so many were just greedy and arrogant pricks. I occasionally visit the Navarre Beach web site created by one of the proponents that they would win, and who in my opinion is a shill for realtors.......and sadly the traffic is 10% of what it was on the old PNJ, and it is a convention for racist who bought on the beach to get away from people of color. Now people like Linda and Knot are good people who are balanced, I will not mention others however who have an entitlement attitude, and who attack poor people on this forum and then cry about paying taxes.....that person represents the worse of what I saw on the beach.

knothead

knothead

As a longtime resident of PB it is a relief of sorts to have this behind us so we can now move on to a process of eliminating the lease fees and that could take another hmmmmm ten years . . . Mr. Oats did say consistently that the County would win and he was right. Next Monday I will go to the tax office and cut the check . . . I'm not even upset . . . . disappointed? A bit but life moves on .

dumpcare

knothead wrote:As a longtime resident of PB it is a relief of sorts to have this behind us so we can now move on to a process of eliminating the lease fees and that could take another hmmmmm ten years . . . Mr. Oats did say consistently that the County would win and he was right.  Next Monday I will go to the tax office and cut the check . . . I'm not even upset . . . . disappointed? A bit but life moves on .    

Can you also cut me a check, I'll meet you at starbucks in gb proper.

knothead

knothead

ppaca wrote:
knothead wrote:As a longtime resident of PB it is a relief of sorts to have this behind us so we can now move on to a process of eliminating the lease fees and that could take another hmmmmm ten years . . . Mr. Oats did say consistently that the County would win and he was right.  Next Monday I will go to the tax office and cut the check . . . I'm not even upset . . . . disappointed? A bit but life moves on .    

If you convinced me you were in a bind . . . . . probably! How much you need?

2seaoat

You will now see steady appreciation of beach property. Nobody wants to buy into a controversy, and all the leasehold argument did was make people think about a diminishing asset. With fee simple, there will be solid price rebound on both Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach. The realtors who were the instigators of these lawsuits can blame the lawyers, but anybody with common sense knows how this went down. Good things on the beach over the next 10 years. The last 10 were not exactly the best. The one thing good is the rampant greed came to an end.......I know.....I was guilty.

I just remember the simplicity of 1976 Navarre Beach, and now I have the east end where the beauty just makes you forget about all the stupidity. I will say this. I spoke with Gregg Brown early on and he is a very smart man. He also was a gentleman when people were getting angry at him. His duty was to all the taxpayers, and his intelligence just brims when you visit his website. For my money, he has the best assessor site in the nation, and this is not by accident. I appreciated my conversations with him, and he ALWAYS called me back within a day when I had questions. Good people.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:You will now see steady appreciation of beach property.  Nobody wants to buy into a controversy, and all the leasehold argument did was make people think about a diminishing asset.  With fee simple, there will be solid price rebound on both Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach.  The realtors who were the instigators of these lawsuits can blame the lawyers, but anybody with common sense knows how this went down.  Good things on the beach over the next 10 years.  The last 10 were not exactly the best.  The one thing good is the rampant greed came to an end.......I know.....I was guilty.

I just remember the simplicity of 1976 Navarre Beach, and now I have the east end where the beauty just makes you forget about all the stupidity.   I will say this.  I spoke with Gregg Brown early on and he is a very smart man.  He also was a gentleman when people were getting angry at him.  His duty was to all the taxpayers, and his intelligence just brims when you visit his website.  For my money, he has the best assessor site in the nation, and this is not by accident.   I appreciated my conversations with him, and he ALWAYS called me back within a day when I had questions.  Good people.

Your comments regarding future appreciation are optimistic and I do hope they are realized . . . I've seen it hit bottom and climb to stupid high.

RealLindaL

Hey Seaoat, long time no talk.  Thanks for the kind nod about being "balanced."   I do want to chat a bit about this development but will have to come back later tonight.   Y'all have a good evening, and that includes you, Knot!   Let the title fight begin, when it should've begun years ago and been settled  by now.  BBL,     LL

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Hey Seaoat, long time no talk.  Thanks for the kind nod about being "balanced."   I do want to chat a bit about this development but will have to come back later tonight.   Y'all have a good evening, and that includes you, Knot!   Let the title fight begin, when it should've begun years ago and been settled  by now.  BBL,     LL

A hearty and sincere "Welcome Back" . . . . it's all good . . .

2seaoat

Once the fee simple is finally in place, I think the beach will find prosperity again. I visited South Florida for a month in January and the beach properties saw a 15% appreciation last year and expect close to the same this year. Once fee simple takes the cloud off the beaches, they will regain lost ground. Good things are finally coming back to the beach after the manipulation by the realtors to cover their butts.......it was criminal what was done and the high legal fees paid. Thousands were hurt, and many simply walked away from their dreams......all because of some medicine show magic potion which was going to make everything ok.....just pay some lawyers a couple million, but the worst part was the impact on the real estate market. The nightmare is over, but the bastards responsible for this decade long fiasco profited or worse deflected criticism from their representations.

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:A hearty and sincere "Welcome Back" . . . . it's all good . . .

Thanks, knot!  Good to see you, too.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Once the fee simple is finally in place, I think the beach will find prosperity again.  I visited South Florida for a month in January and the beach properties saw a 15% appreciation last year and expect close to the same this year.  Once fee simple takes the cloud off the beaches, they will regain lost ground.  Good things are finally coming back to the beach after the manipulation by the realtors to cover their butts.......it was criminal what was done and the high legal fees paid.  Thousands were hurt, and many simply walked away from their dreams......all because of some medicine show magic potion which was going to make everything ok.....just pay some lawyers a couple million, but the worst part was the impact on the real estate market.  The nightmare is over, but the bastards responsible for this decade long fiasco profited or worse deflected criticism from their representations.

I'm going to have to beg off again (until at least tomorrow) - the time got away from me tonight.  But I just want to say a coupla things to Seaoat - first of all, the attorneys for Pensacola Beach leaseholders definitely did NOT take us for a ride.  Things were different on NB, for sure, but here we each paid very little for years' long representation.  No millions involved.

I also disagree that fighting taxation was much of a drain on the market, at least here on Pensacola Beach.  Our real estate has been doing very well, gaining significant ground for the past couple of years, despite the fact that the tax question still hovered over everyone's heads -- and that includes a big building boom you wouldn't believe.  There are new houses going up EVERYWHERE on PBeach, and we've had new restaurants move in as well.  It's really quite amazing.  Obviously, all kinds of other, far more pressing factors influenced both the decline and the recovery in recent years, tax questions completely aside.   I wouldn't be surprised if NBeach is also doing a lot better than you think.

On that note I must sign off, but will be back very soon - hopefully tomorrow.   Goodnight all,    LL

2seaoat

Tammy Bohannon, a beach leaseholder and plaintiff in the lawsuit, who also is chairman of the Santa Rosa Island Authority board, said she’s not sure if she wants to continue further litigation.

“I want to read the rulings and see where we go from here,” she said.

She expressed her frustration about the ruling by saying: “This is judicial activism, plain and simple.”

Dumb people need to move to another country. The toll on this country is too much to bear.

by knothead Yesterday at 5:36 pm
ppaca wrote:

knothead wrote:

As a longtime resident of PB it is a relief of sorts to have this behind us so we can now move on to a process of eliminating the lease fees and that could take another hmmmmm ten years . . . Mr. Oats did say consistently that the County would win and he was right. Next Monday I will go to the tax office and cut the check . . . I'm not even upset . . . . disappointed? A bit but life moves on .

If you convinced me you were in a bind . . . . . probably! How much you need?
------

dumpcare

Hey I only need 3K lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Found this:

http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Fee-Simple-vs-Leasehold-Ownership/

2seaoat

Found this:

I must have missed something.......what is important about this link?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Fl supreme courts rules on Pensacola and Navarre Beach 56191010

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Found this:

I must have missed something.......what is important about this link?

Not everyone here has your in-depth understanding of private property laws. I'm trying to impart information that might be helpful...what are YOU doing?

2seaoat

I have been educating folks on these issues for nine years on the PNJ and here. You must not have been paying attention. I will help you if you have a specific question. Nothing to crow about T......I predicted the Supreme Court decision many years ago and only a weak minded person would not understand the logic of why the Court ruled as they did.

2seaoat

The blogs are hilarious.

Speaking of weak minded people, How is the CMPA doing?

2seaoat

Speaking of weak minded people, How is the CMPA doing?

You must have been one of the leaders who convinced beach leaseholders to sue........change the subject and convince people it is relevant to the subject.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum