Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Navarre Beach changing fast

+2
2seaoat
RealLindaL
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 12:13 pm

RealLindaL

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/santa-rosa/2016/04/26/navarre-beach-development-booms-areas-popularity-grows/83505644/

You may want to mute your sound before clicking on the link, because the PNJ has its annoying video stream about this and other articles running at the top of the page, and it comes up loud.  Hate that.  Also don't know how long the link will be valid, bur wanted to at least make sure Seaoat saw the piece.

2Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 5:21 pm

2seaoat

I have been having a lot of trouble getting the forum links to work, and posting. I had Norton give me a warning of a dangerous website, and I was having my computer switch tabs when I was on the forum. I am going to do a scan, and hopefully identify the issues, but the damn ads are a problem if you make a mistake and click on one.

3Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 5:40 pm

Since saturday there has been a torrent of auto-direct ads... seemed to be evolving software as I kept getting the same ad after it was blocked according to the logs. It just slows the site down for me mostly... irritating. Get a program.

4Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 6:11 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I have been having a lot of trouble getting the forum links to work.

So were you able to see the Navarre Beach article, or not?  Sorry you're having trouble.   Pain in the patoot, I'm sure.  Let me know if you want me to try to cut and paste the article here.

For you and Pkr and anyone else sick of seeing/dealing with ads, I highly recommend the free AdBlock Plus software.   Have had it for a couple of years and it works like a charm.   In fact this forum is the only website I regularly visit that seems to have found a way around AdBlock, but at least the ads I do see are very unobtrusive at the top of the page.

https://adblockplus.org/

5Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 6:24 pm

2seaoat

What a joke. A friend just sold their condo after owning it for 16 years. They sold it for 20k more than they paid, and with the taxes, four hundred percent increases in their condo assessment since Ivan, and competition on high season rentals.....they lost their asz. The beach is over built for the demand right now, and their last year of rentals was worse than their first year. Realtors puffing and fooling people is nothing new.

6Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 6:27 pm

I'm using a version of that too. He's been ignoring this advice for years. This the private server pontifical expert.

7Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 6:32 pm

2seaoat wrote:What a joke. A friend just sold their condo after owning it for 16 years. They sold it for 20k more than they paid, and with the taxes, four hundred percent increases in their condo assessment since Ivan, and competition on high season rentals.....they lost their asz. The beach is over built for the demand right now, and their last year of rentals was worse than their first year. Realtors puffing and fooling people is nothing new.

Good... I'm shopping. I think my new goal is to surf fish every week next winter. I'm ambitious like that.

8Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 7:37 pm

2seaoat

Get a Park Model tiny house RV and find a campground where you do not pay taxes, low lot rent, which includes garbage, sewer, and water, and your only expense is electric. I know friends who are selling 4k foot homes and moving into 400 feet tiny homes in the summer in Illinois, and doing the same in Florida....no taxes, and they rent the Florida RV in the summer to cover their expenses.....near the beach with google ad words a person can 10 weekly rentals during the summer that pays for almost the entire years lot rents which means they get to do the snowbird thing for almost free. We moved from a 4k foot home to a 1,200 foot home and we have never been happier. If I live to next winter, we will spend four or five months in a park model.....not quite the savings of other friends because we still have to pay the taxes on the islands in Illinois. Now the best part....the East end of Navarre has always been the best and it is free, with showers, restrooms, and the most beautiful beach in America.

9Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 9:10 pm

knothead

knothead

I'm happy the area is seeing growth . . . . . I am planning on putting out place on the market soon . . . . am interviewing prospective realtors and doing our due diligence . . . . been on the island since 1972 . . . . very difficult to execute . . . .

10Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/27/2016, 10:37 pm

2seaoat wrote:Get a Park Model tiny house RV and find a campground where you do not pay taxes, low lot rent, which includes garbage, sewer, and water, and your only expense is electric. I know friends who are selling 4k foot homes and moving into 400 feet tiny homes in the summer in Illinois, and doing the same in Florida....no taxes, and they rent the Florida RV in the summer to cover their expenses.....near the beach with google ad words a person can 10 weekly rentals during the summer that pays for almost the entire years lot rents which means they get to do the snowbird thing for almost free. We moved from a 4k foot home to a 1,200 foot home and we have never been happier. If I live to next winter, we will spend four or five months in a park model.....not quite the savings of other friends because we still have to pay the taxes on the islands in Illinois. Now the best part....the East end of Navarre has always been the best and it is free, with showers, restrooms, and the most beautiful beach in America.

My 24' metal frame pontoon house is coming along nicely. But I think I want a view for a few years.

11Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 12:52 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:I'm happy the area is seeing growth . . . . . I am planning on putting out place on the market soon . . . . am interviewing prospective realtors and doing our due diligence . . . . been on the island since 1972 . . . . very difficult to execute . . . .

Knot!!  Don't tell me you're leaving??!!   You were my last best hope for political sanity on PBeach!

12Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 12:57 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:I'm happy the area is seeing growth . . . . . I am planning on putting out place on the market soon . . . . am interviewing prospective realtors and doing our due diligence . . . . been on the island since 1972 . . . . very difficult to execute . . . .

Knot!!  Don't tell me you're leaving??!!   You were my last best hope for political sanity on PBeach!

Afraid so Linda . . . . . multiple reasons (all valid) but it is still very very difficult in every sense of the word . . . . .

13Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 4:13 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Afraid so Linda . . . . . multiple reasons (all valid) but it is still very very difficult in every sense of the word . . . . .

Well of course your reasons are valid, knot -- who among us could ever presume to say they weren't??  But how far are you going?   Will you remain in the area at all?  And if not, will we likely lose you as a forum member?

14Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 4:43 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Well of course your reasons are valid, knot -- who among us could ever presume to say they weren't??  But how far are you going?   Will you remain in the area at all?  And if not, will we likely lose you as a forum member?

A great place in fact, Land Between the Lakes in western KY, both our families/friends, grandchildren, etc. will be with 30/45 minutes, it's part of a life journey! I'm sure I'll be depressed for a while until I adjust but adjust I must . . .

15Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 4:53 pm

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

A great place in fact, Land Between the Lakes in western KY, both our families/friends, grandchildren, etc. will be with 30/45 minutes, it's part of a life journey! I'm sure I'll be depressed for a while until I adjust but adjust I must . . .

I envy you, Knot.

I would move back to Kentucky in a heartbeat, and I certainly will in retirement.

16Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 5:29 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:A great place in fact, Land Between the Lakes in western KY, both our families/friends, grandchildren, etc. will be with 30/45 minutes, it's part of a life journey! I'm sure I'll be depressed for a while until I adjust but adjust I must . . .

Well, knot, it sounds lovely, and I do understand the desire to head home.  It will be Pensacola Beach's loss, for sure, but I wish you all the best on this next leg of your life's travels.  Still, can't help but feeling sad.  You've been a great forum companion and supporter.    Sad

17Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 5:32 pm

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:

I envy you, Knot.

I would move back to Kentucky in a heartbeat, and I certainly will in retirement.

Selfishly, Sal -- for our sake, not yours -- I hope that day won't come too terribly soon.

18Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 5:38 pm

Sal

Sal

Believe it or not, Linda, Kentucky does have the Internet.

But, I do appreciate the sentiment.

19Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 6:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Absolutely. ...I could not imagine life without spending time with my children, grandchildren, my sister and her family. 

All within 3-4 miles.

20Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 7:55 pm

knothead

knothead

It will still be quite a while before we are able to execute but even after we move you can believe I will remain here on the forum as you all are my friends also . . . . . I'll keep yall posted if/when anything definitive occurs, we have a long way to go . . . . .

From Robert Frost:

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of the easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

21Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 9:36 pm

2seaoat

Western Ky is beautiful. The good news is that you are close to Nashville and retired folks have discovered its reasonable cost of living, and mild temps.......well except the last few years.

22Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 9:45 pm

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:Believe it or not, Linda, Kentucky does have the Internet.

Smile   Silly Sal - of course I know there's Internet in KY.  But I just wonder whether or not participation in a Pensacola forum will last very long with either you or knot.... and I note knot didn't say one way or the other...

Time will tell, but no one could blame either of you for moving on when the time comes  After all, believe it or not, I'm sure KY has online discussion forums, too.

23Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 10:00 pm

2seaoat

I'm sure KY has online discussion forums, too.

They do....all complaining about how bad the Ky basketball team did, and their poker players do not compare to the quality of Pensacola Poker players,.....I have regularly been getting beat in Pensacola, but I can bet on a trip down to Florida to play poker at Metropolis which is across the river from Paducah, and the KY players fill the place......like shooting fish in a barrel.....really nice people but I have seen some of the dumbest poker play and table game play at Metropolis which draws from IL, Ky, Tn, and Mo.......I will miss grandparents day at my oldest grandson's preschool which we made last year.....its not like you can make those years up, and as Joanie said.....I live for those interactions with the grandkids. Those houseboat trips may not be as nice as lake Powell, but I have had some incredible experiences in Western Ky......Like the time before cell phones when we were fishing on a houseboat in Western Ky when in the general direction of Nashville we saw a huge mushroom cloud of fire. We had five grown men on the boat, and to the last one of us we thought a nuclear weapon had taken out Nashville. Some very interesting discussions that night, until the next morning when we caught some fellow fisherman who explained that a huge NG explosion had created the mushroom cloud......a real relief.

24Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 10:02 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Believe it or not, Linda, Kentucky does have the Internet.

Smile   Silly Sal - of course I know there's Internet in KY.  But I just wonder whether or not participation in a Pensacola forum will last very long with either you or knot.... and I note knot didn't say one way or the other...

Time will tell, but no one could blame either of you for moving on when the time comes  After all, believe it or not, I'm sure KY has online discussion forums, too.

Funny story ...

After moving to Florida, I was addicted to my hometown newpaper's pluck forum based in Louisville.

Man, that forum was a real free for all.

But, they chose to shut her down, and I went looking for another pluck forum, because I had kinda become addicted to the format.

I landed at the PNJ forum because it had pretty decent activity, but within a month, the powers that be shut that one down too.

So, here I am.

Ya just never know.

25Navarre Beach changing fast Empty Re: Navarre Beach changing fast 4/28/2016, 10:04 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I'm sure KY has online discussion forums, too.

They do....all complaining about how bad the Ky basketball team did, and their poker players do not compare to the quality of Pensacola Poker players,.....I have regularly been getting beat in Pensacola, but I can bet on a trip down to Florida to play poker at Metropolis which is across the river from Paducah, and the KY players fill the place......like shooting fish in a barrel.....really nice people but I have seen some of the dumbest poker play and table game play at Metropolis which draws from IL, Ky, Tn, and Mo.......I will miss grandparents day at my oldest grandson's preschool which we made last year.....its not like you can make those years up, and as Joanie said.....I live for those interactions with the grandkids.  Those houseboat trips may not be as nice as lake Powell, but I have had some incredible experiences in Western Ky......Like the time before cell phones when we were fishing on a houseboat in Western Ky when in the general direction of Nashville we saw a huge mushroom cloud of fire.  We had five grown men on the boat, and to the last one of us we thought a nuclear weapon had taken out Nashville.  Some very interesting discussions that night, until the next morning when we caught some fellow fisherman who explained that a huge NG explosion had created the mushroom cloud......a real relief.

Come to Louisville, big shot.

You won't leave with the shirt on your back.

Paducah ...

Hahahahaha ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum