Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation

+4
stormwatch89
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

Let me see......do I want some rowdy spring break renters a couple doors down, or do I want a wedding business and receptions going into the wee hours of the night a couple doors down......I guess when zoning laws do not mean a thing, one can pretend there is a difference. My point is how quickly folks shunned these people as if the other business operating in residential areas are any better than a tv show. A drunken reception after a beach wedding, or a bunch of stupid kids drinking too much seem to get one to the same place.

2seaoat

I will admit the boardwalk on PB has gotten disgusting on the weekends. While we were walking towards Hemingway's from the Cactus flower with our 14 year old granddaughter it was like walking a gauntlet. Too many nasty crotchet grabbing thugs, sitting on the railings, making suggestive comments. Police presence helps.

I glad you have seen what I have seen.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2014-03-02
2seaoat wrote:I will admit the boardwalk on PB has gotten disgusting on the weekends. While we were walking towards Hemingway's from the Cactus flower with our 14 year old granddaughter it was like walking a gauntlet. Too many nasty crotchet grabbing thugs, sitting on the railings, making suggestive comments. Police presence helps.

I glad you have seen what I have seen.

I have seen it, that was my point. I don't want to see it get worse.

Karma is a bitch.. The people on the beach sold their soul to the bars and the all mighty dollar. Now has come the time reap the rewards. Enjoy. You have no one to blame but your selves.

Ichi is correct.... Sold out long ago for a buck and ran off
The WWCOG and traded it for the alternative lifestyle crowd. That was around 1989 or 90 when I worked at
PB.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Mr Ichi wrote:Karma is a bitch.. The people on the beach sold their soul to the bars and  the all mighty dollar.  Now has come the time reap the rewards.  Enjoy.  You have no one to blame but your selves.

That's stereotyping at best.  I would say most homeowners would disagree although we have had to rent homes we once lived in due to taxes, insurance increases, etc.  Most of us would rather not and bought on the beach when it was very different.  We have little say in what happens to the core.

Wedding receptions end at 11 pm. SO, and I keep an open dialogue with my neighbors concerning them.

Last edited by stormwatch89 on 3/2/2014, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Haven't read through this thread though I tend to take the opposite opinion of everyone else on this (based on what I read on the PNJ and on my Facebook feed). Personally, I wouldn't mind a reality show being filmed here, and could really care less if it's trashy or not. It's not as if the show is an expose on Pensacola or anything. No one is going to judge the entire city based upon a reality show. If anything our beach will be on display and will speak for itself. Aside from that, if there were ever a place to film a show about rednecks partying at the beach, this is it. Like it or not, we are the redneck riviera.

I hope they go through with it.

dumpcare

I think they already backed out boards.

2seaoat

I think they already backed out boards.

They rejected PB.....who would have thought. Maybe it is a new direction.

no stress

no stress

boards of FL wrote:Haven't read through this thread though I tend to take the opposite opinion of everyone else on this (based on what I read on the PNJ and on my Facebook feed).  Personally, I wouldn't mind a reality show being filmed here, and could really care less if it's trashy or not.  It's not as if the show is an expose on Pensacola or anything.  No one is going to judge the entire city based upon a reality show.  If anything our beach will be on display and will speak for itself.  Aside from that, if there were ever a place to film a show about rednecks partying at the beach, this is it.  Like it or not, we are the redneck riviera.

I hope they go through with it.
I would agree and add that most reality shows are anything but reality. I have not been to Pensacola beach in about 5 years because of the trashy ass redneck sons of bitches that are drawn to it, instead, I prefer to go to Perdido key the last bastion of beach where you can actually just sit with your family with your toes in the sand and look at the Gulf without drunk rednecks oogling your wife and pissing into garbage cans.

2seaoat

Navarre Beach on the east end is as quiet as it has ever been.....I hope it stays that way.

Jake92

I was on the boardwalk a few years ago showing it to someone from NJ when 4 teenagers (2 guys and 2 girls) walked by smoking pot and drinking beer on the pier. They were cussing worse than most people ever would. The guys dumped a cooler full of bottles off of the pier and threw other bottles at them trying to break them. The local ECSD stood right by the shell and watched them. When I asked him if he could do anything, he said "the parents would have them back on the street before I get off duty and it's just not worth the time it takes to arrest them". I have NOT spent 1 penny on the beach in the 2 yrs or so since then.

dumpcare

I was out to the beach today between 11 - 2 and saw several large groups on the street dressed in McGuire's running gear just having one hell of a time, drove down as far as portofino and went to turn around in the parking lot across from it and 3 girls around 16-18 were getting out of a bmw with thong bikini's on (it was kind of cold out there then) well anyway as I was going through the lot I thought they were going to the beach, but they were crossing the street to portofino and climbing over the wall to the pool, well not much left to the imagination in those thongs while climbing over the pool wall. I don't think they were invited guests.

I can only imagine what it's like out there now at 515.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Heated indoor pool and hot tubs inside and outside.

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRioPO7lGOdwZKAaShhVxDTgEDM6XjdLBdMQm-VhaLt7GOXd2bbUw

Thank God all the riff-raff are down in Florida...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjhakaK-yI

Very Happy 

dumpcare

Yes, I know but it was very clear they were not residents. Residents don't park across the street and jump the wall.

dumpcare

Damaged Eagle wrote:Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRioPO7lGOdwZKAaShhVxDTgEDM6XjdLBdMQm-VhaLt7GOXd2bbUw

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

We're all coming your way as soon as you thaw out.  lol! lol! lol! 

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:I was out to the beach today between 11 - 2 and saw several large groups on the street dressed in McGuire's running gear just having one hell of a time, drove down as far as portofino and went to turn around in the parking lot across from it and 3 girls around 16-18 were getting out of a bmw with thong bikini's on (it was kind of cold out there then) well anyway as I was going through the lot I thought they were going to the beach, but they were crossing the street to portofino and climbing over the wall to the pool, well not much left to the imagination in those thongs while climbing over the pool wall. I don't think they were invited guests.

Pics or GTFO.

dumpcare

Sal wrote:
ppaca wrote:I was out to the beach today between 11 - 2 and saw several large groups on the street dressed in McGuire's running gear just having one hell of a time, drove down as far as portofino and went to turn around in the parking lot across from it and 3 girls around 16-18 were getting out of a bmw with thong bikini's on (it was kind of cold out there then) well anyway as I was going through the lot I thought they were going to the beach, but they were crossing the street to portofino and climbing over the wall to the pool, well not much left to the imagination in those thongs while climbing over the pool wall. I don't think they were invited guests.

Pics or GTFO.

Well I did ask my wife to take pics cause I was driving and she hit me, she mangled me when I said I should help them over the wall. lol! lol! lol! 

ppaca wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

We're all coming your way as soon as you thaw out.   lol! lol! lol! 

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQguZDfw7OuYfduQNOakTRw4RMHXLwpPX_6651fEQOzE7512zJp

You're free to go to the tourist traps. Chicago, Minneapolis, St Louis, or even Kansas City, they're all a three to five hundred mile drive from my front door. Make sure you wear your body armor and are packing in most of them...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg

Very Happy

dumpcare

Been to all except Minneapolis and try to stay out of the good area's. I have been lost twice in the not so nice area's of St Louis, now that is scary. Found my directions fast.

ppaca wrote:Been to all except Minneapolis and try to stay out of the good area's.  I have been lost twice in the not so nice area's of St Louis, now that is scary. Found my directions fast.

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSgtU0l2bgEP_zhET747wR7rPVycbCv0ofg5R9sTzgKKj_DCaomQ

Try south Chicago.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlkiK_q7shc

Smile

dumpcare

Damaged Eagle wrote:
ppaca wrote:Been to all except Minneapolis and try to stay out of the good area's.  I have been lost twice in the not so nice area's of St Louis, now that is scary. Found my directions fast.

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSgtU0l2bgEP_zhET747wR7rPVycbCv0ofg5R9sTzgKKj_DCaomQ

Try south Chicago.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

nope

ppaca wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Try south Chicago.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

nope

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8Skq4OOBH7FcrdMfEaTUiF2aHVe2PQH62a9U09vaEdNX3cCKvIg

They can only shoot you dead one time. No worries...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

Smile 

Sal

Sal

St. Louis can be very, very scary. 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum