Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation

+4
stormwatch89
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/comments/article/20140227/NEWS01/302270020/-Party-Down-South-won-t-hit-Pensacola-Beach

2seaoat

What is even funnier is the shunning. Just like 1955 if a black person was trying to find a room on PB.......you can take the boy out of the country.....but you cannot take the country out of the boy.

3Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation Empty Flounder's Pensacola Beach 3/1/2014, 8:19 pm

dumpcare

I believe this was family night.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sounds like Seaoat is all for taking his granddaughter to a wet "T" shirt contest while enjoying the Party Down South crowd with her.

2seaoat

So why do you think I chose to buy on Navarre Beach? Was it that wonderful reputation on PB for being so sober and polite. I have had ten episodes with drunk rude people on PB, and I can honestly say not one incident in NB. We stopped in Panama City on the way to Disneyworld during spring break to see similar behavior in Panama City. Drunk kids, and in the middle of the night taking a fire extinguisher and throwing the same through a glass window to a room. We checked out the next morning and I have avoided places like that like the plague. PB is Panama City.....period, and all the pretending the stuff at the boardwalk including the beatings and murders do not exist, and that somehow banning a show from finding a place this summer is going to change the reputation......it is plain and simple.....Panama City.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I want PB cleaned up....Panama City Beach is a disgrace and I hate to see us headed in the same direction. Putting a foot down and turning away Party Down South is a start.

2seaoat

I want PB cleaned up....Panama City Beach is a disgrace and I hate to see us headed in the same direction. Putting a foot down and turning away Party Down South is a start.

You are seriously trying to be funny....are you not? Party Down South is a start? Hell the beach is a magnate for trash for 300 miles and if heading down hill is how you want to describe it, I would counter that the family friendly beach I knew thirty years ago is a way past Party Down South, and this banishing of the show denies the reality of the beach today......I bet one fight and death on the boardwalk this summer.....bet on it. They have folks doing anything for a dollar, and it is Panama City.

Hell the beach is a magnate for trash for 300 miles

I guess these are the same people you have been wanting to go to the Baseball games at the Most Excellent unnamed(as of now) multi use stadium??

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:Hell the beach is a magnate for trash for 300 miles

I guess these are the same people you have been wanting to take in the Baseball games?
LOL......300 miles? Families will drive 300 miles and stay several days.....not the trashy party goers.

2seaoat

LOL......300 miles? Families will drive 300 miles and stay several days.....not the trashy party goers.

When and where did PP get that video he posted. What does the PNJ do every weekend in the summer but post the trash going on the beach? Families.....try a group of young people hopping in the to party for a week on the beach.....get drunk on the boardwalk.......and turn PB into Panama City. I guess people are making money. Taxes are being paid, but to pretend that boorish behavior is not already here is a result of you sucking on some inhalers which have psychodelic drugs.....cuz you be hallucinating if you think this show is going to drag down the reputation of the beach or those "families" like memorial weekend will do when they visit PB......it is what it is.....Panama City, and nothing about this show will change the reality.

I knew those fucks at Portofino would mess it up for everyone..

Too funny......we do not want to project a "trashy" reputation 910026_34_yI knew those fucks at ponafino would mess it up for everyone..

http://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/920000/910100/910026/910026_34_y.jpg

2seaoat

Those folks are not the trash I am talking about.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/02/28/party-down-south-no-pensacola/5908797/

I hadn't read the above when presented with the contract to rent my beach home for 2 months to the producers.

My decision to reject it was a good one despite the money it would have brought in.

dumpcare

http://www.pnj.com/article/20140302/NEWS09/303020024/Andy-Marlette-Our-phony-fatwa-on-the-Party-

As a self-respecting Southerner, I do not like the show “Party Down South.” Simply put, it makes the South look stupid.

But shame on us for responding to one picture of Southern ugliness with an even uglier Southern tradition — a lynch mob. With roughly 11,000 folks hoisting their digital pitchforks in a Facebook fatwa to drive the production out of town, I cringe at the similarity.

I kindly beg your pardon, but spare me the sanctimonious lament that hosting this goofy show would have been a plague upon Pensacola.

Since when did our boisterous Navy town become a gaggle of finger-wagging church ladies? We — like every other great American city — are guilty of it all: drinkin’, fightin’, cussin’, womanizin’. So dear, sweet, innocent Pensacola, let’s quit the pretendin’.

But since we’ve stormed the beach with tar and seagull feathers to expel the wicked CMT stars, we better round up a few others on the way out. First, make sure the mob inspects the sobriety levels of today’s beach Mardi Gras krewes. Then be sure to raid The Break, The Islander and The Sandshaker.

And once the mob moves inland, it better stop by the infamous Azalea Cocktail Lounge to hoist up the new owner and City Councilman Larry B. Johnson for being a purveyor of the most potent pour in Pensacola.

Then, winding our way to the West Side, the mob will probably be hungry, so it will drop by Tippy’s Tavern for one of the famous cheeseburgers, gritter tots and a few more souls who aren’t presenting a dignified image of Pensacola.

And no hometown purge would be complete without shutting down the strip clubs. There’s tons of skin and sin in those joints. So in the interest of moral consistency, we’ll say “Be gone, vixens!” and “Ship out!” to the sailors who ogle them.

Wait? What’s that, O Ghost of Pensacola Past? Whiskey, women and wildness have been part of this place ever since downtown was home to a booming red light district? Even American hero Sen. John “Maverick” McCain got drunk, rowdy and dated strippers when he was stationed here?

Ehhhh … facts, schmacts. When it comes to puritanical proselytizing, there’s nothing a little historical whitewash can’t fix.

Or we can stop the phony fussin’ and be honest. The CMT production — dumb as it may be — is nothing we don’t already do. Even bad art imitates life after all, and Pensacola was a real-life “Party Down South” long before the stupid show.

Ironically, the self-righteous mob-mentality that prevailed looks just as ugly as the drooling drunks on the show. If we truly wanted to defend our Southernness, we shouldn’t have trashed the single most important virtue every Southerner, by birthright, must take pride in — hospitality.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:LOL......300 miles? Families will drive 300 miles and stay several days.....not the trashy party goers.

When and where did PP get that video he posted.  What does the PNJ do every weekend in the summer but post the trash going on the beach?  Families.....try a group of young people hopping in the to party for a week on the beach.....get drunk on the boardwalk.......and turn PB into Panama City.  I guess people are making money.   Taxes are being paid, but to pretend that boorish behavior is not already here is a result of you sucking on some inhalers which have psychodelic drugs.....cuz you be hallucinating if you think this show is going to drag down the reputation of the beach or those "families" like memorial weekend will do when they visit PB......it is what it is.....Panama City, and nothing about this show will change the reality.

Fetched it off youtube, several of Flounder's wet t-shirt contests over the past few years.

Like I said I could have cared less whether or not they filmed their show here, I would not have seen it, but let's face the HYPOCRISY here.

What's funny is the event we host
On Memorial Day weekend, yet people want to whine a out this fake show.

2seaoat

The part that tells me not much has changed was how quickly everything associated with this show was shunned. It was a behavior which is well rehearsed and in a historical context not always righteous. PB has become Panama City. If you can make a buck, go for it, but please do not give a reality show an opportunity to show the underbelly of the same......nosiree......let the shunning begin. I wonder what photos the PNJ will have next week to perk male interest in their paper. I am glad the good people have stopped this awful thing before it could have influenced young people....... Shocked 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The part that tells me not much has changed was how quickly everything associated with this show was shunned.   It was a behavior which is well rehearsed and in a historical context not always righteous.  PB has become Panama City.  If you can make a buck, go for it, but please do not give a reality show an opportunity to show the underbelly of the same......nosiree......let the shunning begin.  I wonder what photos the PNJ will have next week to perk male interest in their paper.  I am glad the good people have stopped this awful thing before it could have influenced young people....... Shocked 

I think you need to visit Panama City Beach. Your comparison is way off.

2seaoat

I think you need to visit Panama City Beach. Your comparison is way off.

I have spent more time on Panama City beaches than I have PB......as a kid we would spend a week over there every year, and my mother's family spent one week there since the 1930s, and Panama City used to be a great family place, but then the spring break crowd discovered the panhandle......and it has been booze and raunch since, and it is hilarious that this reality show is being shunned when the beach is already Panama City.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I think you need to visit Panama City Beach. Your comparison is way off.

I have spent more time on Panama City beaches than I have PB......as a kid we would spend a week over there every year, and my mother's family spent one week there since the 1930s, and Panama City used to be a great family place, but then the spring break crowd discovered the panhandle......and it has been booze and raunch since, and it is hilarious that this reality show is being shunned when the beach is already Panama City.

Like I said, I think you need to visit Panama City Beach. Your comparison is old and outdated.

2seaoat

Like I said, I think you need to visit Panama City Beach. Your comparison is old and outdated.

When was the last time you went to a bar on Panama City Beach......or been there during spring break? Or even tried driving from one end of the beach to the other?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Like I said, I think you need to visit Panama City Beach. Your comparison is old and outdated.

When was the last time you went to a bar on Panama City Beach......or been there during spring break?  Or even tried driving from one end of the beach to the other?

Never been to a bar on PCB and never been there on Spring Break. Drove through about 5 years ago. How about you.

2seaoat

Spring break about three times in the last 12 years, and too many bars to discuss.  I will say I stayed away from the wet t shirt contests, but it is a zoo.  We picked up and left one year because it was out of control.  Some of my son's friends ended up with citations for underage drinking and had to clean up the beach for a day as punishment, yet when I have sat on PB I have seen rampant underage drinking, and the rowdy behavior on the boardwalk has all but stopped our visiting and we prefer downtown.  Sorry, the sleepy family fun has been replaced by drugs, too much underage drinking, and trashy folks who travel to have their fun being wild.   The MTV popularization of being stupid on the beach has not slowed down a bit, and it is entirely different than it was 30 years ago.  I really do not know when or what you have seen at Panama City, but I am seeing sororities from high schools coming down with juniors in high school drunk and rowdy........it is a cultural tradition in Birmingham to come down and be stupid.....and this is high school.   Panama City finally cracked down on the open carry in cars cruising, but it is entirely out of control for family fun, and that is where PB is and they are making money on the raunch and drunks, so I find it the pinnacle of hypocrisy to shun a show which reflects the reality of the beaches in the Panhandle.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

You're spot on Joani.

It has less on my part with being judgmental but more to do with being considerate of the residents who live near my house.

I also don't rent to spring breakers.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I will admit the boardwalk on PB has gotten disgusting on the weekends. While we were walking towards Hemingway's from the Cactus flower with our 14 year old granddaughter it was like walking a gauntlet. Too many nasty crotchet grabbing thugs, sitting on the railings, making suggestive comments. Police presence helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum