Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Of the 501 (c) Groups Selected for Audit...100% were right-leaning.”

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Of the 501 (c) Groups Selected for Audit...100% were right-leaning.”

[...]

“We now know that the IRS targeted not only right-leaning applicants, but also right-leaning groups that were already operating as 501(c)(4)s,” Mr. Camp said in a statement. “At Washington, DC’s direction, dozens of groups operating as 501(c)(4)s were flagged for IRS surveillance, including monitoring of the groups’ activities, websites and any other publicly available information. Of these groups, 83% were right-leaning. And of the groups the IRS selected for audit, 100% were right-leaning.”

Read more: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/02/11/camp-irs-targeted-conservative-groups-for-audits/

The really bad part of the leftist failure to demand fair play is the precedent... the right will retaliate... the problem grows.

We the people all lose in the long run. The strategy of cheating to beat a cheater... cheats and cheapens the game.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Hey, were either of you ever able to come up with any other organization that was denied tax exempt status as a result of this "scandal"?

I noticed that you both quit posting in that thread.

boards of FL wrote:Hey, were either of you ever able to come up with any other organization that was denied tax exempt status as a result of this "scandal"?

While you excuse harassment and intimidation... simply because it's being done by your team. I guess the only harm you will acknowledge is death... a wonderful set of standards you've adopted there. You'll deserve the counter punch.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:While you excuse harassment and intimidation... simply because it's being done by your team. I guess the only harm you will acknowledge is death... a wonderful set of standards you've adopted there. You'll deserve the counter punch.

Harassment and intimidation? Did you even read the article?

At Washington, DC’s direction, dozens of groups operating as 501(c)(4)s were flagged for IRS surveillance, including monitoring of the groups’ activities, websites and any other publicly available information.

Oh no! Someone from the IRS viewed the publicly available information of a tax exempt organization, or - put another way - they essentially did their job in a manner that did not directly affect the monitored organization in any way! Oh no! How can we deal with this level of intimidation and harassment!?

boards of FL

boards of FL

It's like watching someone push on a door that clearly has a "Pull" sign, but worse. Because usually once you point out the fact that there is a "Pull" sign, the person will then pull. But with republicans and their "scandals", they double down on push!

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Hey, were either of you ever able to come up with any other organization that was denied tax exempt status as a result of this "scandal"?

Why post anything? You are deaf and blind to the truth. And you call others fanatics!

I posted a link to a source providing 292, plus now there are more.

Last edited by Markle on 2/13/2014, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

Holy cow!

Your inability to understand elementary concepts is remarkable.

This from the last that claimed the fifth during investigation and was allowed to retire with benefits afterward.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3253001/

WASHINGTON— The Internal Revenue Service apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to seeif they were violating their tax-exempt status.

IRS agents singled out dozens of organizations for additional reviews because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their exemption applications, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups. In some cases, groups wereasked for lists of donors, which violatesIRS policy in most cases, shesaid.The agency – led at the time by a Bush administration appointee – blamed low-level employees, sayingno high-level officials were aware. But that wasn't good enough for Republicans in Congress, who are conducting several investigations and asked for more.

"I call on the White House to conduct a transparent, government-widereview aimed at assuring the American people that the thuggish practices are not under way at the IRS or elsewhere in the administration against anyone, regardless of their political views," said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

White House spokesman Jay Carney declared it was indeed inappropriate for the IRS to target tea party groups. But he brushed aside questionsabout whether the White House itself would investigate.

Instead, Carney said the administration expects a thorough investigation by the Treasury Department's inspector general for taxadministration. The inspector general has been looking into the issue since last summer, and his report is expected to come out next week, the IG's office said Friday.

Carney said he did not know when the White House first learned that tea party groups were being targeted.

Lerner acknowledged it was wrong for the agency to target groups based on political affiliation.

"That wasabsolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. That's not how we go about selecting casesfor further review," Lerner said at a conference sponsored by the American Bar Association.

"The IRS would like to apologize for that," she added.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

Why post anything?  You are deaf and blind to the truth.  And you call others fanatics!

Is the question really that tough to grasp? Take another stab at it, Markle.

Hey, were either of you ever able to come up with any other organization that was denied tax exempt status as a result of this "scandal"?

You have yet to provide the name of any organization that was actually denied tax exempt status.

Do you understand the difference between saying an organization was "targeted" and an organization actually being denied tax exempt status? This is apparently a fairly complex concept because I have presented it to you at least 3 or 4 times now and you still don't even understand the question.

On second thought, I'll go ahead and just answer the question for you since you appear to lack the reading ability to be lead to the answer Socratically. There is no other organization that was ever denied tax exempt status as a result of this "scandal". The only organization to be denied is the one that I posted in the other thread, which happens to be a progressive organization.

It's bias in govt... a misuse of office... an abuse of power. It does no citizen any favor to diminish or excuse it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:It's bias in govt... a misuse of office... an abuse of power. It does no citizen any favor to diminish or excuse it.

What is bias in government? Name any conservative organization that was wronged here. And when I say "wronged", I'm referring to something more substantial than "monitoring of the groups’ activities, websites and any other publicly available information."

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's bias in govt... a misuse of office... an abuse of power. It does no citizen any favor to diminish or excuse it.

What is bias in government? Name any conservative organization that was wronged here. And when I say "wronged", I'm referring to something more substantial than "monitoring of the groups’ activities, websites and any other publicly available information."

Don't worry... when bias in govt squashes your team... nobody will care either... right?

The funny part here is I just want fair treatment from govt... while you are busy excusing just the opposite.

How many degrees of infringement are there exactly?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

What is bias in government?  Name any conservative organization that was wronged here.  And when I say "wronged", I'm referring to something more substantial than "monitoring of the groups’ activities, websites and any other publicly available information."

Don't worry... when bias in govt squashes your team... nobody will care either... right?

The funny part here is I just want fair treatment from govt... while you are busy excusing just the opposite.

How many degrees of infringement are there exactly?

You're always claiming to want fairness. I don't believe that for a second. And don't think your side hasn't pulled several fast ones through the years...Tricky Dick was seriously paranoid (rightfully, just leery of the wrong people)...his tapes are now public record. Look it up.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Oh...AND...the author of this article is not a credible source.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

Holy cow!

Your inability to understand elementary concepts is remarkable.

More so, your propensity for DENIAL. Keep up the good work. You're a terrific foil.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum