Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confirmed: IRS Drector Werfel Lied - Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups

+2
Floridatexan
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Not a surprise.  Once again the Progressives and President Barack Hussein Obama appointees are caught lying.

Confirmed: IRS Director Werfel Lied – Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups

[...]

That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot
 by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not. 

Read more:  http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/351930/lookout-list-not-much-broader-originally-thought-contrary-reports-eliana-johnson

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nothing in that article provides a factual basis for the author's assertions.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"The Treasury inspector general (IG) whose report helped drive the IRS targeting controversy says it limited its examination to conservative groups because of a request from House Republicans.

A spokesman for Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, said they were asked by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) “to narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.”..."

http://mobile.thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/307813-irs-ig-says-audit-limited-to-tea-party-groups

Confirmed:  IRS Drector Werfel Lied - Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups IssaBackground

Markle wrote:Not a surprise.  Once again the Progressives and President Barack Hussein Obama appointees are caught lying.

Confirmed: IRS Director Werfel Lied – Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups

[...]

That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot
 by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not. 

Read more:  http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/351930/lookout-list-not-much-broader-originally-thought-contrary-reports-eliana-johnson

Imagine that....lying...misleading...covering...mistruths in an attempt to cover for imcompetence...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yes, imagine Sen. Issa coordinating a smear campaign against the President by instructing the IRS to single out "tea party" groups and then using his own directive to create a non-scandal, knowing full well that many of these groups sought nonprofit status as a way to hide donors.

That Benghazi investigation isn't going so well for Issa either.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/05/16/darrell-issa-refusing-co-chairs-benghazi-review-testify-public.html

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/05/16/pickeringletter.pdf

Adm. Mullen and Amb. Pickering, co-chairs of the Benghazi investigation, are being shut out of televised discussions.

Isn't that cute, Flawed is still yanking out pitiful attack posters with no basis in reality, theft charges were dropped and the fire investigation resulted in no charges yet Flawed must still go to that dry well in a weak attempt to deflect attention from the real story, the IRS is corrupt and BHO has done nothing substantive to stop it.

nochain wrote:Isn't that cute, Flawed is still yanking out pitiful attack posters with no basis in reality, theft charges were dropped and the fire investigation resulted in no charges yet Flawed must still go to that dry well in a weak attempt to deflect attention from the real story, the IRS is corrupt and BHO has done nothing substantive to stop it.

Amazing that 'flawed' cares less about the scandals because of the blind following of the cowh but will post nonesense to attempt to divert away from the incompetence of this administration....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This is a witch hunt by the GOP, and Issa is at the forefront of every single "scandal", throwing mud at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Floridatexan wrote:
This is a witch hunt by the GOP, and Issa is at the forefront of every single "scandal", throwing mud at the wall and hoping something sticks.  

The job of the Chairman (who happens to be Issa at this time) is to investigate activity that may be detrimental to the nation. Of course you wouldn't understand that - to you everything is a VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY....You are the one on a "witch hunt" trying to discredit anything to the right of Fidel Castro. Partisan Hack....

"The Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has legislative jurisdiction over the District of Columbia, the government procurement process, federal personnel systems, the Postal Service and other matters. Our primary responsibility, however, is oversight of virtually everything government does – from national security to homeland security grants, from federal workforce policies to regulatory reform and reorganization authority, from information technology procurement's at individual agencies to government-wide data security standards."

Floridatexan wrote:

And Nixon was innocent......

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

The job of the Chairman (who happens to be Issa at this time) is to investigate activity that may be detrimental to the nation. Of course you wouldn't understand that - to you everything is a VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY....You are the one on a "witch hunt" trying to discredit anything to the right of Fidel Castro. Partisan Hack....

"The Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has legislative jurisdiction over the District of Columbia, the government procurement process, federal personnel systems, the Postal Service and other matters. Our primary responsibility, however, is oversight of virtually everything government does – from national security to homeland security grants, from federal workforce policies to regulatory reform and reorganization authority, from information technology procurement's at individual agencies to government-wide data security standards."

KMA, you little winger.  I'm sick and tired of you and your fellow Nazi calling me names.  Calling me partisan...that's a laugh.  I don't know why Issa is on that committee, but every single "scandal" originated with him.  Did you read the part about the admiral and the ambassador being shut out of TV coverage because they don't agree there's a scandal at the IRS?  No, you didn't, because it didn't appear on FAUX NEWS, the Weekly Standard, the National Review or the Blaze.  Did I leave any publications out?  Probably the National Enquirer.

Confirmed:  IRS Drector Werfel Lied - Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups Sheeple-tv-1

Floridatexan wrote:
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

."

KMA, you little winger.  I'm sick and tired of you and your fellow Nazi calling me names.  Calling me partisan...that's a laugh.  I don't know why Issa is on that committee,  Did I leave any publications out?  Probably the National Enquirer.

Confirmed:  IRS Drector Werfel Lied - Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups Sheeple-tv-1

Issa is the Chairman - you quivering, hyper-liberal partisan hack. Your ignorance of the purpose of the oversight committee and absolute disregard for all of the information being uncovered over the antics of your Hero OBLAMERs IRS is ASTOUNDING. And BTW, I do believe the Enquirer and Rolling Stoned are your favorite "news" sources since they carefully vet any of that nasty "truth" stuff so it won't offend your infantile extreme left sensibilities. Hypocrite.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Confirmed:  IRS Drector Werfel Lied - Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups IssaBackground[/quote]

SMOKE & MIRRORS From the left.

Distractions and lies. So very typical of loony liberals.

Try again.

Floridatexan wrote:
nochain wrote:

Did you read the part about the admiral and the ambassador being shut out of TV coverage because they don't agree there's a scandal at the IRS?  No, you didn't, because it didn't appear on FAUX NEWS, the Weekly Standard, the National Review or the Blaze.  Did I leave any publications out?  Probably the National Enquirer.]

"Watchdog Found IRS Softer on ‘Progressives’ Than Tea Partiers"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/06/watchdog-found-irs-softer-on-progressives-than-tea-partiers/

Confirmed:  IRS Drector Werfel Lied - Progressive Groups DID NOT Receive Same Scrutiny as Conservative Groups 39198121

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
nochain wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

KMA, you little winger.  I'm sick and tired of you and your fellow Nazi calling me names.  Calling me partisan...that's a laugh.  I don't know why Issa is on that committee, but every single "scandal" originated with him.  Did you read the part about the admiral and the ambassador being shut out of TV coverage because they don't agree there's a scandal at the IRS?  No, you didn't, because it didn't appear on FAUX NEWS, the Weekly Standard, the National Review or the Blaze.  Did I leave any publications out?  Probably the National Enquirer.

From the Washington Examiner:

Refuting Democratic suggestions that progressive groups were also swept up in the IRS probe of the tax status of Tea Party organizations, the Treasury Department’s inspector general has revealed that just six progressive groups were targeted compared to 292 conservative groups.

In a letter to congressional Democrats, the inspector general also said that 100 percent of Tea Party groups seeking special tax status were put under IRS review, while only 30 percent of the progressive groups felt the same pressure.

Keep up the good work!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Washington Examiner...sister publication to the Weekly Standard.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:

Thank you for bringing this up, since Markle is so keen to discount left-leaning news sources used by his opponents......Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/irs-auditor-reaffirms-conservatives-not-liberals-w/

The IRS inspector general said this week that while some liberal groups were given extra scrutiny by the tax agency, they were not subjected to the same invasive queries as tea party groups — a finding that seems to confirm a political bias was at play.
In a letter sent late Wednesday and released Thursday, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration J. Russell George said that just 30 percent of groups with the word “progressive” in their name were put through special scrutiny for tax-exempt applications, but 100 percent of groups with “tea party,” “patriot” or “9/12” in their name were subjected to invasive questioning.

“TIGTA concluded that inappropriate criteria were used to identify potential political cases for extra scrutiny — specifically, the criteria listed in our audit report. From our audit work, we did not find evidence that the criteria you identified, labeled “Progressives,” were used by the IRS to select potential political cases during the 2010 to 2012 time frame we audited,” Mr. George said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/irs-auditor-reaffirms-conservatives-not-liberals-w/#ixzz2Xe4zDhrB
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

PLEASE, now is your opportunity to show off for all your Progressive lemmings. Post, with your source and link, what I posted which is NOT true.

Come on now Floridatexan, don't be shy, step up big guy!! Show us what you got!

Show us what I posted is not true.

You see the difference is that you and your Progressive lemmings post OPINION pieces from your beloved Progressive bibles. The DailyKOS, MediaMatters, DemocratUnderground, you know them better than I.

I post articles with FACTS.

So step up my good man!

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/308131-ig-liberal-groups-not-targeted-like-tea-party

Liberal groups seeking tax-exempt status faced less IRS scrutiny than Tea Party groups, according to the Treasury Department’s inspector general.
J. Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, told Rep. Sandy Levin (D-Mich.) in a letter dated Wednesday that the IRS did not use inappropriate criteria to scrutinize groups with “progressives” in their name seeking tax-exempt status.
“Our audit did not find evidence that the IRS used the ‘progressives’ identifier as selection criteria for potential political cases between May 2010 and May 2012,” George wrote in the letter obtained by The Hill.
The inspector general stressed that 100 percent of the groups with “Tea Party,” “patriots” and “9/12” in their name were flagged for extra attention, while only 30 percent of the groups with “progress” or “progressive” were highlighted as potentially political. George’s letter does not say why the progressive groups were given extra scrutiny.
“While we have multiple sources of information corroborating the use of Tea Party and other related criteria we described in our report, including employee interviews, e-mails and other documents, we found no indication in any of these other materials that ‘progressives’ was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political campaign intervention,” George wrote to Levin, the top Democrat on the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/308131-ig-liberal-groups-not-targeted-like-tea-party#ixzz2Xe84ZHj2
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Nekochan

Nekochan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

PLEASE, now is your opportunity to show off for all your Progressive lemmings.  Post, with your source and link, what I posted which is NOT true.

Come on now Floridatexan, don't be shy, step up big guy!!  Show us what you got!

You see the difference is that you and your Progressive lemmings post OPINION pieces from your beloved Progressive bibles.  The DailyKOS, MediaMatters, DemocratUnderground, you know them better than I.

So step up my good man!

Well, it probably wasn't in Huffington Post, DailyKos, etc... so what do you expect?

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
PLEASE, now is your opportunity to show off for all your Progressive lemmings.  Post, with your source and link, what I posted which is NOT true.

Come on now Floridatexan, don't be shy, step up big guy!!  Show us what you got!

You see the difference is that you and your Progressive lemmings post OPINION pieces from your beloved Progressive bibles.  The DailyKOS, MediaMatters, DemocratUnderground, you know them better than I.

So step up my good man!

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/06/irs_scandal_numbers.php?ref=fpb

lmao

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

So step up my good man!

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/06/irs_scandal_numbers.php?ref=fpb

lmao

talkingpointsmemo = DailyKOS = MediaMatters = DemocratUnderground....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

So step up my good man!

lmao

And your sources are better and less partisan? ROFL!! Rolling Eyes 

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

So step up my good man!

lmao

And your sources are better and less partisan? ROFL!! Rolling Eyes 

Yes, plus I didn't post a blog or opinion from one any of my sources none of which are "right wing". I posted a news article which you cannot dispute but you do whine well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum