Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field?

+5
zsomething
RealLindaL
Telstar
2seaoat
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I know it's early and if you look back at who was vying for the Rep. nomination this far out from the primaries, it sure didn't look like Individual One was going to win it. I know, I know, but looking at the potential Democratic field makes me feel a bit hopeful in these stupidly dangerous and chaotic times. It's a diversion.

There are a few who look good to me, anyone looks better than what we've got so that's not a bar to jump over.

I like Kamala Harris. I just saw her and some of her sorority sisters in a short piece and was impressed with their dedication and understanding of politics and power. Black women get it and they know how to organize. Harris has a built-in network across the country that she can hit the ground running with.

From Politico:

COLUMBIA, S.C. — When Kamala Harris makes her first trip this year to South Carolina on Friday, she’ll be surrounded by thousands of potential voters at a fundraiser hosted by a group of the state’s most powerful voting bloc: black women.

The California senator won’t have to make a hard sell at the annual “Pink Ice Gala” — as a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, she already has a powerful connection to the organizers.

Harris pledged the sorority — the oldest Greek-letter organization established by African-American college-educated women — as a student at Howard University. Now, more than three decades later, she is leaning on the group’s influential network to advance her prospects in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/23/kamala-harris-2020-south-carolina-hbcu-1120010

2seaoat

Harris will only compound strife in this country. The Senator from Ohio who actually is an expert on tariffs, and who has been fighting for the American worker without the racial hysteria needs media attention, but he has never been chasing media attention, rather he is an expert on issues and substantive bills.

America needs to heal and move forward with progressive bills which fix America. Harris is not that person. I find her self absorbed and lacking common sense.

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:I know it's early and if you look back at who was vying for the Rep. nomination this far out from the primaries, it sure didn't look like Individual One was going to win it. I know, I know, but looking at the potential Democratic field makes me feel a bit hopeful in these stupidly dangerous and chaotic times. It's a diversion.

There are a few who look good to me, anyone looks better than what we've got so that's not a bar to jump over.

I like Kamala Harris. I just saw her and some of her sorority sisters in a short piece and was impressed with their dedication and understanding of politics and power. Black women get it and they know how to organize. Harris has a built-in network across the country that she can hit the ground running with.

From Politico:

COLUMBIA, S.C. — When Kamala Harris makes her first trip this year to South Carolina on Friday, she’ll be surrounded by thousands of potential voters at a fundraiser hosted by a group of the state’s most powerful voting bloc: black women.

The California senator won’t have to make a hard sell at the annual “Pink Ice Gala” — as a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, she already has a powerful connection to the organizers.

Harris pledged the sorority — the oldest Greek-letter organization established by African-American college-educated women — as a student at Howard University. Now, more than three decades later, she is leaning on the group’s influential network to advance her prospects in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/23/kamala-harris-2020-south-carolina-hbcu-1120010

To be honest I think by 2020 the front runner will be ABT, Anybody But Trump. Right now Harris is at the top of my picks. I notice she is smiling more now that she announced. Most likely she needed to remind herself not to smile when she was an attorney because the conservative right are always looking for ways to smear woman by pretending they are not serious. She has a pretty smile. Another thing most real Americans love about her is the way she treated Kavanaugh the Rapist judge during the SCOTUS hearings. At that time she wasn't smiling but reacted to Kavanaugh the lying rapist as if he was dropping a fresh turd every time he opened his mouth. She knows Kavanaugh is a lying shit heel and he will go to his grave a lying shit heel. Real Americans notice that about her and that's why they like her.

RealLindaL

I tend to like Amy Klobuchar though she hasn't officially declared yet. But really, it's way too early to select a favorite from a field that isn't yet complete.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:To be honest I think by 2020 the front runner will be ABT, Anybody But Trump.

Would really like to believe you're right. That might be all I need to restore my faith in my fellow Americans.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:To be honest I think by 2020 the front runner will be ABT, Anybody But Trump.

Would really like to believe you're right.   That might be all I need to restore my faith in my fellow Americans.

Keep the faith. Until then let's hope America doesn't make the same mistakes it made in 2016. Avoid the unAmerican 45 cult members and their conservative enablers as if they were some plague, and let's face it we all know they are. Warn your friends and family members to do the same. This too shall pass. Twisted Evil

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Amy Klobuchar is a possible choice too. I find her to be level headed and reasonable. I think, if he hasn't resigned by then, that the race will be "Anybody but Individual One". He has destroyed so many things in his two years of working for Putin that nearly anyone else sounds just marvelous.

I too thought Harris handled herself very well during the Kavanaugh hearings. I find her smile to be reassuring in that it shows a human side and she's not "fighting" all the time like Elizabeth Warren.

Warren makes a very good senator and she understands the financial world to the point that the bankers can't pull the wool over her eyes. I see that there is a real problem with wealth inequality, due mostly to the way the tax code is rigged but I'm exhausted by the last two years of constant turmoil caused by 45.

I like Beto too and will vote for any Democrat. Can't wait for this monstrosity of billionaires to be in the rear view mirror!

zsomething

I like Kamala Harris a lot, but I wanna see if oppo research shakes out anything. I'm pretty much taking that approach to everybody at this point. But I would love seeing Kamala debating Trump. That woman's not just smart, she's terrifyingly smart. I've seen her set people up, get 'em to wander into a trap, and then SNAP. She's like a shark. Trump debating her would be like a french fry debating a hungry wolf. There'd be nothing but a couple splintered bones and some hair left when she was done with him. But, she'd definitely stir up the Nazis. The right-wing hate women almost as much as they hate people of color these days, and she's both. Still, though, fuck 'em... their base is shrinking so bad trying to carry Trump that we can probably muscle it into a corner and kick the snot out of it.

Klobuchar is also interesting and has a lot of promise. And I'm waiting to see if Beto gets in.

And I like Biden, but I just wish he was around 20 years younger. I think he waited too long. He's a great guy, and I think his main liability -- being a gaffe machine -- wouldn't be such a factor considering that every damn thing Trump says is a gaffe worse than anybody else's highlight-reel material. I still remember Mitt Romney being torpedoed himself with his "47 percent" comment and "binders full of women," and Trump says at least a dozen things a day crazier than either one of 'em. He's pretty much wiped "gaffe" off the map as being a factor, if the standards would be taken anywhere near even. Of course they wouldn't be, though... right-wingers still quote "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" as evidence that Obama was the worst guy ever born, while they completely ignore everything Trump says.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:I like Kamala Harris a lot.  She's like a shark.  Trump debating her would be like a french fry debating a hungry wolf.  

Of course you know Bone Spur is terrified of sharks, you can look it up. FUCK BIDEN! Let the old bastard keep making $200,000 speeches for his republican friends. There's a reason why he was only worthy to hold the coat and shine the shoes of the real top man in the White House. Let him dream about what could have been if he dared challenge Hillary but for 2020 and beyond he can go fuck himself in Macy's window. Twisted Evil

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:FUCK BIDEN!

Your hatred seems seriously misplaced here. If you simply fear he wouldn't win against Trump that's one thing, but please don't let fear devolve into hatred for a genuinely good person.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:FUCK BIDEN!

Your hatred seems seriously misplaced here.  If you simply fear he wouldn't win against Trump that's one thing, but please don't let fear devolve into hatred for a genuinely good person.

Any Dem that makes $200,000 praising a republican at this time deserves hell and nothing less. FUCK JOE BIDEN!!! When asked about it he smugly stated he likes Republicans. GOOD! Let the greedy drunk bastard run against 45 in the republican primary. The last thing the Dems need is a drunk geezer like him. GOOD PERSON MY ASS! For the republicans yes but not the Dems. Say goodnight Joe and end your story there.

bigdog

In defense of Joe Biden who is as decent a person as has ever served in the US Senate, saying you like some Republicans should never disqualify any candidate for the White House, especially not in these times.
Biden already has my vote if he declares to run, because if he had run last time around we would have a decent president right now and not the POS that exists in the White HOuse today. I think he is probably the only Dem who could have beaten Hillary out in the 2016 primaries, because no matter what you may think, the middle of America is not ready YET for many of the far left programs that some of the young men and women who have declared already are trying to push.
I'm a F-cking proud, Clinton Loving centrist who believes in the death penalty and also for full national health coverage.  I believe in gay marriage,, equal employment rights for all races, sexual preferences etc.,  but I don't want Bruce Jenner in the bathroom with me either before or after any surgery he might or might not decide to have. I believe in raising the minimum wage, but I think $15 an hour is a bit too high, especially for trainees.  And a centrist, exactly like me, won the damn white House vote by over 3 million votes in 2016, so don't go around telling people we desperately need to overhaul the party because we can't win without the far left Ocasio-Cortez type being nominated.
You can hold two different thoughts in your brain at one time and it won't cease to function, to paraphrase F Scott Fitzgerald.This country will never come together again unless it's straight down the middle, and this country won't last much longer unless it comes together.
Joe Biden is the only candidate I can think of with enough heart and soul to make that happen. He can OWN the steelworkers and coal miners with one speech and snatch them right out of the F'ing Donald's back pocket. None of the women are going to do that. Sorry, but unless it's Biden, I think it's a close horse race again. And I don't want to see that happen.

2seaoat

Senator Brown needs to get his chance. Harris is living in a plastic bubble of California acceptance of her Indian and Jamacian background.....please.....just what we need right now is more racism. This country needs to heal, and when Harris walked out of the senate hearing and held an impromptu press conference in the hallway with Corey.....I am spartacus...........I do not care how tough of a prosecutor she was, it played badly in America, but played well in California......she will deliver the white house on a silver platter to the Republicans. F race.......solve problems with intelligence legislation. Enough showboating. Senator Warren although a weaker candidate than Brown is light years ahead of Harris.....she blew it.

RealLindaL

And now, if you saw 60 Minutes, you'll know we have a possible Independent run by Howard Schultz, former CEO of Starbucks. He says all the right things, but an Independent has never won the White House. He could, however, siphon off enough votes to ensure Trump's re-election.

Very scary.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:no matter what you may think, the middle of America is not ready YET for many of the far left programs that some of the young men and women who have declared already are trying to push.

Absolutely agree, 100%. They're no more ready for these leftist proposals now than they were when it was Bernie Sanders hawking them. But I'm not ready to believe there isn't one strong Democratic centrist out there who's also significantly younger than Biden, since, aside from his gaffe-prone speech, age is his greatest liability.

Schultz is younger and far more centrist, but running as an Independent takes him right out of valid contention (and makes him dangerous).

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:Senator Brown needs to get his chance.  Harris is living in a plastic bubble of California acceptance of her Indian and Jamacian background.....please.....just what we need right now is more racism.  This country needs to heal, and when Harris walked out of the senate hearing and held an impromptu press conference in the hallway with Corey.....I am spartacus...........I do not care how tough of a prosecutor she was, it played badly in America, but played well in California......she will deliver the white house on a silver platter to the Republicans.   F race.......solve problems with intelligence legislation.  Enough showboating.  Senator Warren although a weaker candidate than Brown is light years ahead of Harris.....she blew it.

I find Senator Harris's message to be unifying and encouraging. 45's approval ratings are in the mid 30's and the nation is exhausted from the hour to hour turmoil and chaos created by the inept money grubbing liar we've had to endure the last two years.

Given the admirable job Obama did, bailing us out of the great recession, saving the auto industry, passing the ACA, etc. I seriously do not see the need for a white man to be in the WH in order for the nation to heal.

We do need to heal. We need a sensible, thoughtful, experienced and ethical person in the WH. I do not see Harris's ethnicity as being a drawback, especially after all the white supremacy BS we've been exposed to these last few years thanks to DJT. At this point maybe Not being white would be just what we need to heal.

2seaoat

she will not get blue collar males in the key states. The Democratic party has abandoned the blue collar worker and being a man is becoming even more pugalistic with the democratic party. Why are white men who have served the democratic party loyally with sound trade policy which is working for blue collar workers, only to be replaced by increasingly radical positions which do NOT win elections. there is going to be a backlash.......from moderate suburban voters who do not see wealth equality as high on their agenda. Brown is the only candidate who I think is the right age, gender, race, and experience. There will be no healing in America until policies are passed into law which help people.....strident attention getting California candidates are not going to cut it, but this is setting up for a major cluster F.

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Senator Brown needs to get his chance.  Harris is living in a plastic bubble of California acceptance of her Indian and Jamacian background.....please.....just what we need right now is more racism.  This country needs to heal, and when Harris walked out of the senate hearing and held an impromptu press conference in the hallway with Corey.....I am spartacus...........I do not care how tough of a prosecutor she was, it played badly in America, but played well in California......she will deliver the white house on a silver platter to the Republicans.   F race.......solve problems with intelligence legislation.  Enough showboating.  Senator Warren although a weaker candidate than Brown is light years ahead of Harris.....she blew it.

I find Senator Harris's message to be unifying and encouraging. 45's approval ratings are in the mid 30's and the nation is exhausted from the hour to hour turmoil and chaos created by the inept money grubbing liar we've had to endure the last two years.

Given the admirable job Obama did, bailing us out of the great recession, saving the auto industry, passing the ACA, etc. I seriously do not see the need for a white man to be in the WH in order for the nation to heal.

We do need to heal. We need a sensible, thoughtful, experienced and ethical person in the WH. I do not see Harris's ethnicity as being a drawback, especially after all the white supremacy BS we've been exposed to these last few years thanks to DJT. At this point maybe Not being white would be just what we need to heal.

It's early, but who are you leaning toward in the 2020 Dem potential field? 58336e28

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:We need a sensible, thoughtful, experienced and ethical person in the WH.

Agreed, but we also need a serious person who emanates strength.  Someone needs to suggest to Kamala Harris that she tone her laughter and joyousness way down.  It's nice that she's a happy person and excited about running, but the nation is NOT happy right now, and her buoyant spirit at this moment in time feels rather discordant -- makes her seem, in fact, out of touch.  That's my impression, anyway.  Others may disagree.

(And yes, I'd be saying the same to a male candidate who was too full of laughter and/or emotion at this point.   TONE IT DOWN.  The nation is reeling from the trauma that is Trump.)

Am going to try to catch her in the town hall from Iowa with Anderson Cooper Monday night on CNN, just to get a better idea of her, but on first impressions am not particularly impressed.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:We need a sensible, thoughtful, experienced and ethical person in the WH.

Agreed, but we also need a serious person who emanates strength.  Someone needs to suggest to Kamala Harris that she tone her laughter and joyousness way down.  It's nice that she's a happy person and excited about running, but the nation is NOT happy right now, and her buoyant spirit at this moment in time feels rather discordant -- makes her seem, in fact, out of touch.  That's my impression, anyway.  Others may disagree.

(And yes, I'd be saying the same to a male candidate who was too full of laughter and/or emotion at this point.   TONE IT DOWN.  The nation is reeling from the trauma that is Trump.)

Am going to try to catch her in the town hall from Iowa with Anderson Cooper Monday night on CNN, just to get a better idea of her, but on first impressions am not particularly impressed.

I think she did just fine hammering Kavanaugh the rapist judge. Still I'm not surprised to hear the mindset of those that cursed America with Bush in 2000 and 45 in 2016. May God have mercy on them.

Telstar

Telstar

Here is Harris taking on another one of 45's savage thugs!

Telstar

Telstar

Obviously Senator Brown is a non-starter and Fox Snews and their republican comrades have a closet full of ghost from his cloudy past to haunt him if he is nominated.

Telstar

Telstar

I don't see this kind of high energy coming from Oblivious Biden or Spouse Abuser Brown. She reminds people of Obama in 08 when America really started to become great again before it came to a sudden halt in 16. "Kamala Harris For The People" LET'S DO THIS AMERICA!

zsomething

Telstar wrote:Here is Harris taking on another one of 45's savage thugs!

Now, imagine that in a debate against Trump's 100-word vocabulary babbling "bigly fantastic great believe me, that I can tell you, sniff-sniff-sniff" completely uninformed third-grader horseshit.

On the food chain of intellect, Trump is plankton. Harris would annihilate him. She knows her facts, she knows how to put them together, she knows how to express them, and she will catch you leaving a hole in an argument and that's where she'll put the punches and kicks. I'll have to see how it goes (I tend to back whoever proves to have the best chance of winning), but she's formidable, and I would love to see Trump try to take her on in debates. That'd actually be silly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum