Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympics....has anybody watched

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

2seaoat

Let me share an observation about the winter Olympics.....Canada, Netherlands, and Norway traditionally get about 5% of the summer olympic gold medals, yet in the early gold count they are getting close to 60% of the gold medals in this year's winter Olympics. Just an observation, we could create the subsarhan Olympic games which alternate with the winter olympics where instead of Nels and Gunnar in an ice fishing shelter deciding on games, we could have Mustafa and Mohmar in a Bedouin tent deciding the new Winter games as an entertainment alternative to the real Olympics. Camel racing, sand buggies, and climbing the date tree would stick to the core concept of the alternating winter games having as little to do with traditional olympic competition, and everything to do with cultural narcissism.....Mali, Niger, and Chad are projected to be vying for gold medal leads, and yes.....Mr Markle and Wordslinger would still have nocturnal emissions of sweet visions of Sonja climbing the date tree in color coordinated ropes.

2seaoat

I guess Bill Mahr Friday agreed with me calling the winter olympics pretend sports.

I would compete w you for the last potato chip... it matters little if you aren't able to grasp the concept.

That's why they invented green participant ribbons... congratulations.

For Mr Oats....
http://englishrussia.com/2014/02/15/new-olympic-sports-skelecurling-bobathlon-and-others/

Photo will not load Sorry It was funny

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 2/16/2014, 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I guess Bill Mahr Friday agreed with me calling the winter olympics pretend sports.

Yep, a far left Progressive knows they're on "solid ground" when Bill Mahr agrees with them.

Olympics....has anybody watched - Page 3 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

We know you can't but I'm certain Bill Mahr couldn't do any one of the Olympic sports, including curling.

2seaoat

We know you can't but I'm certain Bill Mahr couldn't do any one of the Olympic sports, including curling.

Anybody can sit on a sled or curl. The truth is that these are silly cultural narcissism which has very little to do with the traditional track and field olympic games and is nothing more than culturally specialized x games which should not even be called olympic games.

2seaoat

I watched some of that athletic broom action last night.........it made a teenager employee at the local dollar store cleaning up before closing look like a rookie......with hard work and concentration....perhaps he can someday sweep at the olympics.

I enjoy olympic curling. The game has a way of escalating pressure and revealing vulnerabilities and nerves.

Reminds me of putting for dough... one of the toughest things to do in sports imo.

2seaoat

I enjoy olympic curling. The game has a way of escalating pressure and revealing vulnerabilities and nerves.

Reminds me of putting for dough... one of the toughest things to do in sports imo.

Nothing like putting for all the marbles on the 18th hole with a ten footer......but the athleticism which got you to the green has to be rendered to a session at the putt minature golf course as you try to time the windmill and put the ball in the dragon's mouth. There is talk about at minature golf to the summer olympics, and I can see it now when petulia sinks the put over the pond and trough the tunnel......she starts to do a Brodie......you know when you tear up right after the race when you tie for the bronze........this stuff just blows me away........

I can't help you understand the significance of competing at that level and the pressures involved.

Turn back to the knitting channel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum