Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympics....has anybody watched

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

2seaoat

Again I think you are an arrogant prick to suggest their events are nothing more than silly little x games because they don't appeal to you.

I think more people think like I do, and certainly NBC should get huge numbers from the winter Olympics if people think like you. We will see who is right or wrong in ten days, but in the meantime I will watch them like I watch a reality show. Not enjoying grown adults sledding does not make one a prick or arrogant, just easily bored with a non sporting event pretending to be the same. Subjecting a person to hours of subjective judging where athletic objective competition takes a back seat to the judge dissing the american figure skater......who cares, now the ice hockey, downhill, and skating races, yes I do enjoy them and they show some semblance to the original spirit of the olympics.

I only like figure skating.

2seaoat

I only like figure skating.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/face-it-ashley-wagner-did-not-agree-with-her-score-at-sochi-020814

Too much of winter Olympic competition is purely political and at best subjective with few certain objective standards. That is why I have never been a big fan of gymnastics in the summer games.....very subjective.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Shame on you for minimizing the hard work and dedication of the winter Olympians.

No doubt that the tv particpants who go on a reality show like survivor work very hard and are dedicated.  I cannot even imagine the sacrifices of sitting in the second position of the sled, or the repeated stress on one's wrist as they curled.  Oh the humanity.  The winter olympics were invented out of thin air in the early 1900s and are nothing more than a variation of a modern tv show or x games, and in my opinion take away from the historic and universally accepted standards of athletic competition in track and field which the summer Olympics have sadly expanded into silly x game type of competition.  I am a purist and believe track and field is the olympics, and next year we will have dungeons and dragons added to the competition.

You use the word "purist" as an excuse. You're you're an angry old man who is dying and hardly have the energy to get out of bed. The "accepted standards" are whatever we make them. I'm sorry you're so ill, I really am and I keep you in my prayers.

Great news! The biathlon is still in the Winter Olympics. On right now.

Forty year old Norwegian in first place in the 10,000 meter event!

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Again I think you are an arrogant prick to suggest their events are nothing more than silly little x games because they don't appeal to you.

I think more people think like I do, and certainly NBC should get huge numbers from the winter Olympics if people think like you.  We will see who is right or wrong in ten days, but in the meantime I will watch them like I watch a reality show.  Not enjoying grown adults sledding does not make one a prick or arrogant, just easily bored with a non sporting event pretending to be the same.  Subjecting a person to hours of subjective judging where athletic objective competition takes a back seat to the judge dissing the american figure skater......who cares, now the ice hockey, downhill, and skating races, yes I do enjoy them and they show some semblance to the original spirit of the olympics.

Yes indeed!  I'm sure there are a lot of people who are angry and bitter at the world. But then, that is the definition of a Progressive isn't it?

Olympics....has anybody watched - Page 2 Laughing

Why don't you just watch some of the events as representing the skill and determination of some of the young people today and admire their skills?  Ignore the scores.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Do these opening ceremony groups look skimpy to you?

Yes, I guess curling has not caught on in Brazil.

Brazilians don't sweep.

Right...they wax...!

Olympics....has anybody watched - Page 2 424

2seaoat

I have had the same feeling toward the winter Olympics since 1968 when Jean Claude Killy won all the alpine events....he quit school at 15 and skied. Not exactly what I considered a world class athlete, but he was a great ski bum.....been there and seen these "athletes", and in fairness the last 40 years has seen incredible cross training and actually you are seeing athletes beginning to trickle into the events, but the specialized nature of this competition always seemed more like a tv game show.

As to being bitter and limited in what I do.......I am limited, but do more than most, and hardly bitter because I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams.....even now, but has my opinion changed from when we used to laugh and drink beer while in college watching the same.....nope....still find most of the competition being a direct result of Hans and Nels calling some drunk games sport. We played a game how many nachos can you stick on the ceiling and have a blood alcohol level above .1, and I understand the x games is considering developing the same for olympic competition.....but hans and nels ate all the nachos.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Do these opening ceremony groups look skimpy to you?

Yes, I guess curling has not caught on in Brazil.

Brazilians don't sweep.

Right...they wax...!

Olympics....has anybody watched - Page 2 424

affraid 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I have had the same feeling toward the winter Olympics since 1968 when Jean Claude Killy won all the alpine events....he quit school at 15 and skied.  Not exactly what I considered a world class athlete, but he was a great ski bum.....been there and seen these "athletes", and in fairness the last 40 years has seen incredible cross training and actually you are seeing athletes beginning to trickle into the events, but the specialized nature of this competition always seemed more like a tv game show.

As to being bitter and limited in what I do.......I am limited, but do more than most, and hardly bitter because I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams.....even now, but has my opinion changed from when we used to laugh and drink beer while in college watching the same.....nope....still find most of the competition being a direct result of Hans and Nels calling some drunk games sport.  We played a game how many nachos can you stick on the ceiling and have a blood alcohol level above .1, and I understand the x games is considering developing the same for olympic competition.....but hans and nels ate all the nachos.

I have always compared the winter Olympics to the Price is Right.

2seaoat

We finally agree

2seaoat

worst bobslede

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/video/michelle-kwan-and-jay-onrait-learn-to-bobsled-020814?from=en-us_msnhp

2seaoat

What is up with Bob Costas's left eye.....it seems really messed up.

2seaoat wrote:What is up with Bob Costas's left eye.....it seems really messed up.

The beginning of the Russian zombie flu

2seaoat

The beginning of the Russian zombie flu

That must be it....I might have it.....I am watching dances with the stars on ice........I am a full fledged zombie.....and I got there without the eye thing.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:What is up with Bob Costas's left eye.....it seems really messed up.

Woke up the day of their first show and his eye was red. Doctors have diagnosed it as an infection and he's supposed to wear his glasses and not his contacts until it is cured.

Markle

Markle

Terrific events in the Olympics. Magnificent athletes leaving everything out on the ice or snow.

2seaoat

Gunnar and Nels have called an emergency meeting in the ice fishing hut.....it appears my prediction nobody cares about the winter olympics is leaving the stadium empty and nobody is watching the events.........they have suggested a bottle or Russian Vodka and a free scarf to sit in the stands and pretend anybody cares about the winter olympics.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/sochi-faces-issue-of-empty-seats-atmosphere-021014

Putin has called Robert Redford who had mastered filling in a stadium in the Natural with video masking, and with some special effects they can actually have six rings appear on the olympic flag......Gunnar and Nels are hoping Putin will make a shirtless appearance on a horse or ride a motorcycle because the opening ceremonies were not gay enough with the floating trees and some men are attracted to other men with their shirt off or on a motorcycle........they hope they can get 8% of the viewing public because Putin's anti gay slurs have left the seats empty....as Gunnar always says.......those Norwegian winters are lonely in the ice fishing hut.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I'm dismayed that on this thread you apparently all agree that Russia is evil, Putin is a bastard, and the games are fixed.

As though Russia was run by bigger crooks than those who run our country!

The natural settings of Sochi are astoundingly beautiful. The opening ceremony was respectful to all and centered on Russia's heritage and history.

More importantly, the games are not about the politics of the host or the hosting country. They are about athletic competition.

Some facts you despoilers should acknowledge: Russia is no longer a soviet country. The athletic competition is awe-inspiring and to see such young, and physically disciplined contestants is a joy.

Screw Amerika Inc.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Terrific events in the Olympics.  Magnificent athletes leaving everything out on the ice or snow.  

It doesn't happen often Herr Markle, but here we absolutely agree!

2seaoat

It doesn't happen often Herr Markle, but here we absolutely agree!

I am sure you would both agree that like minds think alike, and that Sonja Henie is the love of your lives. I love you 

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It doesn't happen often Herr Markle, but here we absolutely agree!

I am sure you would both agree that like minds think alike, and that Sonja Henie is the love of your lives. I love you 

I've given up on you ever growing up. Either that or, as they sometime say, as people get older, and are under more medication they then to slip back to their childhood.

knothead

knothead

Reports coming out that Bob Costas' eye infection has now moved to the other eye and that Matt Lauer will be filling in for him . . .

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:

Reports coming out that Bob Costas' eye infection has now moved to the other eye and that Matt Lauer will be filling in for him . . .  

Yeeeah, riiight ...

... B. Barry OBamzalot gave him some of that sweet & sticky Hawaiian choom.

knothead wrote:

I hope he's out for the rest of the games. It was highly inappropriate for him to politically endorse putin.

It's not the first time he's pulled shit like that either. He needs to be retired... permanently.

2seaoat

I've given up on you ever growing up. Either that or, as they sometime say, as people get older, and are under more medication they then to slip back to their childhood.

Thank you very much....I proudly celebrate my inner child. He was always happy and curious.......but most importantly.......he knew tomorrow would be an adventure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum