Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

do not text in a movie.....you may get shot

+8
cool1
Ghost Rider
Wordslinger
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
Sal
2seaoat
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

no stress

no stress

I've often wondered if when the situation arises that I have to protect myself will I rise to the occasion or will I hesitate. I have a strong sense of the value of all life and the thought of taking even that of a criminal is very repugnant to me. Since getting my license to carry I have found myself avoiding any situations that may be confrontational, I no longer make eye contact with other drivers on the road and have found that I am quick to leave a discussion that seems to be leading to an argument. I wonder if others have done this.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Here is the CNN story on this:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/14/justice/florida-movie-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Former police captain Reeves will now likely finish his life in a prison cell, and the wrongful death lawsuit will likely liberate his assets from him.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Former police captain Reeves will now likely finish his life in a prison cell, and the wrongful death lawsuit will likely liberate his assets from him.

I hope you're right, Z.

I see that the shooter is now claiming he was in fear for his life because the victim threw popcorn.

Rolling Eyes 

The way these stupid laws are written, who knows how it'll play out.

After the Aurora movie theater shootings, we heard a lot from the wingnuts lamenting "if only there had been a good guy with a gun there".

I'm betting Reeves thought he was the "good guy with a gun".

And, look what happened.

Keep your motherfucking guns away from me, assholes.

no stress

no stress

What it boils down to is that people need to be considerate of others. Most theatres tell you to turn off your cell phone once you enter. Granted nobody should have been shot but I'd love for the inconsiderate assholes to do as instructed at the theatre. Same goes for the assholes with crying kids at a restaurant. Take them outside or to the bathroom until they stop screaming.

Sal

Sal

People are rude.

That's a sad fact of life.

If you can't stomach rude people, the solution is not to shoot them.

The solution is to watch Netflix and get takeout.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:I'd love for the inconsiderate assholes to do as instructed at the theatre..

The theater also instructed NO FIREARMS.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:I'd love for the inconsiderate assholes to do as instructed at the theatre..

Can the theater ban firearms? Will the Legislature then pass a "Guns in Theaters" bill?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

no stress

no stress

LEOSA allows retired officers to carry their weapons in prohibited zones and property with no weapons allowed signs.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:LEOSA allows retired officers to carry their weapons in prohibited zones and property with no weapons allowed signs.

Because only good guys with guns can stop bad guys with popcorn ...

... or something.

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Sal wrote:

Can the theater ban firearms? Will the Legislature then pass a "Guns in Theaters" bill?

Can they really ban texting?

I guess the Second Amendment trumps the First Amendment because it's more heavily armed.

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:LEOSA allows retired officers to carry their weapons in prohibited zones and property with no weapons allowed signs.

Because only good guys with guns can stop bad guys with popcorn ...

... or something.
only if you think a cop is a good guy with a gun

cool1

cool1

Sal wrote:People are rude.

That's a sad fact of life.

If you can't stomach rude people, the solution is not to shoot them.

The solution is to watch Netflix and get takeout.

For real- Laughing  I saw what happened on the news at the theatre --that was just nuts  Shocked 

2seaoat

My wife pretty regularly forgets to turn off her phone in theaters and funerals.......it is embarassing, but when her phone starts ringing, I am heading for the sticky floor......she is on her own, and if it is only a fleshwound, maybe she will learn to keep it turned off.

2seaoat wrote:My wife pretty regularly forgets to turn off her phone in theaters and funerals.......it is embarassing, but when her phone starts ringing, I am heading for the sticky floor......she is on her own, and if it is only a fleshwound, maybe she will learn to keep it turned off.
xdo not text in a movie.....you may get shot - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgDMNnn6T9N3BNSSFKD5ySNeqA_dI_JAubZaO4mbrmpG09zyEx

do not text in a movie.....you may get shot - Page 2 1607087_627661137295458_2143436349_n

The Dude

The Dude

I believe he went back out of the theatre  and then returned
with a gun which should make this premeditated. Of course more testimony will be coming.

I find it incredible that someone would live in such fear they would choose to carry a firearm and not be able to look another person in the eye, have a lack of social interaction that may have a disagreement involved, because they don't trust themselves not to shoot an unarmed person. It is really rather a tragic choice of living life  Crying or Very sad

Sal wrote:STFU, you ignorant slut. 

Tampa/St. Pete is no different the rest of FLA ...

... pockets of paradise surrounded by podunk, deep-south, misery. 

Tampa is a SHIT HOLE!

Do you hear me? a fucking SHIT HOLE!

I go there all the time. Im like a couple of hours away. and yes, I know you live there. and that makes it even more of a shit hole.

and Tampa is NOT like other cities in Fl. Its a shit hole. You cant even go to the pier there without seeing used condoms, beer bottles etc everywhere. It USED to be nice and from far away it still looks nice.

My gf grew up in town and country, terral wood and she said she also lived in temple terrace but it wasn't that good even back then and now its all prostitutes everywhere.

so say what you want. I know it bothers you to live in shit hole. but you can always do what I did when I lived in a shit hole. move

Get em girl... Tampa is a cesspool... raunchy... the pits of the earth. Unless you live in the elite suburbs.

I do like fishing there tho... but those rats are even messing that up. Sal... you mad bro?

PkrBum wrote:Get em girl... Tampa is a cesspool... raunchy... the pits of the earth. Unless you live in the elite suburbs.

I do like fishing there tho... but those rats are even messing that up. Sal... you mad bro?

I agree the fishing is ecelenti.

But the people have ruined what was once a thriving awesome city. I only know it so well because of my relations.

I do my best when I go to just have a few to drink this way I don't look to hard into it. it allows me to overlook all the trash, condoms, cloths and shit floating around the edges of the water.

and talk about going downtown, for gods sake, I have never in my life seen anything like it. even growing up in jville I had no idea at all the sex bars with peep shows, and they are scabby low life creepy places. EVERYWHERE

My gf has relatives there, well her sister does who we take over occasionally and I like the causeway. Her dad is buried at bay pines.

im sorry for shitting on his bubble, but its the truth and frankly he deserves it.  Very Happy 

2seaoat

I have only seen the good Tampa.......only been there really twice.

Sal

Sal

World class restaurants, entertainment, universities, beaches, hospitals, professional sports, nature preserves, etc, etc, etc ...

Yeah, it's a real hell hole. 

I'm sorry that you've only experienced the trashy side of Tampa/St. Pete, Chrissy ...

... sorry, but not surprised. 

lol

Sal wrote:World class restaurants, entertainment, universities, beaches, hospitals, professional sports, nature preserves, etc, etc, etc ...

Yeah, it's a real hell hole. 

I'm sorry that you've only experienced the trashy side of Tampa/St. Pete, Chrissy ...

... sorry, but not surprised. 

lol

oh ive been ALL OVER Tampa....

you know new York and Chicago have all those "world class" labels, and they are also hell holes.

you live in a shit hole. sorry to be you. maybe one day you will move out of Gov funded housing and stop flirting with the welfare lady behind your wifes back. you can hope right? LOL

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:you know new York and Chicago have all those "world class" labels, and they are also hell holes.

Well, you certainly are a world class rube. 

lmao

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:you know new York and Chicago have all those "world class" labels, and they are also hell holes.

Well, you certainly are a world class rube. 

lmao

I'm a lot of things, most of which you are unaware of.  Very Happy 

Its no surprise though, after all you live in Tampa. LOL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:I've often wondered if when the situation arises that I have to protect myself will I rise to the occasion or will I hesitate.   I have a strong sense of the value of all life and the thought of taking even that of a criminal is very repugnant to me.   Since getting my license to carry I have found myself avoiding any situations that may be confrontational, I no longer make eye contact with other drivers on the road and have found that I am quick to leave a discussion that seems to be leading to an argument.   I wonder if others have done this.
I am just like you. I never ever want to pull my gun out because if i do I have every intention of firing it. It is against the law to threaten with a gun so if you pull it it better be to use it. One good thing is that I shoot right handed and when I am on my motorcycle I can't shoot and work the throttle at the same time. Really ! people are still so blind to motorcycles and also very rude. I hope we never need find out what we will do in any situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum