Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ?

+5
boards of FL
stormwatch89
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually I have to take one thing back about that. Before Rockford, Chase actually worked on Kolchak - the Night Stalker.

Darren McGavin and Kolchak. Now we're talking some serious shit.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:When did you decide you wanted to be a metrosexual accountant ? I am sure your indentured relatives would be proud.  
Good question.  I reached a point in my life in which I was presented with two options:

Option one:  Live life like a pussy, buy a bunch of guns, and move way outside of town and hide myself away from dark skinned people.

Option two:  Continue doing shit as usual and pursue career paths, with no fear of anything.

I suppose I made the wrong choice.  Perhaps if I made the correct choice, I would share your appreciation for hollywood men and would create worship threads, like this one.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:Good question.  I reached a point in my life in which I was presented with two options:

Option one:  Live life like a pussy, buy a bunch of guns, and move way outside of town and hide myself away from dark skinned people.

Option two:  Continue doing shit as usual and pursue career paths, with no fear of anything.

I suppose I made the wrong choice.  Perhaps if I made the correct choice, I would share your appreciation for hollywood men and would create worship threads, like this one.
And that ladies and gentlemen, is how you throw a proper haymaker. 

Holy shit. 

lmao

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:When did you decide you wanted to be a metrosexual accountant ? I am sure your indentured relatives would be proud.  
Good question.  I reached a point in my life in which I was presented with two options:

That was great man...I am still laughing.....I will let you know in a few months if you made the right decision....it's one of those Noah and the Ark things.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[quote="TEOTWAWKI"]
stormwatch89 wrote:Tom Selleck.  Period:!: 
You are certainly a loyal Selleck admirer...kind of leaves out about 3.5 billion guys that don't quite measure up....[/quote

Ah hon, he's the best!

Besides the physical he's a libertarian and has an avocado farm with horses.

What else could a girl ask for???

Well, probably that he's not married and a chance to meet him.........sigh.

2seaoat

A thread of Putin riding a horse shirtless and worship of how tough his illusion is at 5'5" and worship of Steve McQueen who we are suppose to want to emulate to be cool who is 5'6".......then the killer.....Stormy shows a preference for a tall man who actually was an athlete and would be considered pretty tough by any real measure of a man........and we begin to understand why some people are sadly hardwired a certain way.....I think Hitler was also in the 5'6" range, and also had issues with the ladies and hid in a bunker. Then there is our host Boards....young, tall, athletic, friendly with the girls, and intelligent........and yes a bit metrosexual.....who has utter confidence and lives his life without fear.....see a pattern.

2seaoat wrote:A thread of Putin riding a horse shirtless and worship of how tough his illusion is at 5'5" and worship of Steve McQueen who we are suppose to want to emulate to be cool who is 5'6".......then the killer.....Stormy shows a preference for a tall man who actually was an athlete and would be considered pretty tough by any real measure of a man........and we begin to understand why some people are sadly hardwired a certain way.....I think Hitler was also in the 5'6" range, and also had issues with the ladies and hid in a bunker.  Then there is our host Boards....young, tall, athletic, friendly with the girls, and intelligent........and yes a bit metrosexual.....who has utter confidence and lives his life without fear.....see a pattern.
Says a man who posts endless dribble on sports and worries if his favorite sports figure has had a proper Bowel movement. I assume you are saying that short people are inferior?LOL

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:You could make a movie on  Black slavery  with a 8mm hand  held camera featuring a Box of Do-nuts and a 3 legged dog and it would be  " critically acclaimed
Ummm ...

OK, I guess.

But, that still doesn't explain your description of the man as a "black bozo", unless you're just butthurt that he has the audacity to share the same first and last names as your man-crush while being black.

Sal wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:You could make a movie on  Black slavery  with a 8mm hand  held camera featuring a Box of Do-nuts and a 3 legged dog and it would be  " critically acclaimed
Ummm ...

OK, I guess.

But, that still doesn't explain your description of the man as a "black bozo", unless you're just butthurt that he has the audacity to share the same first and last names as your man-crush while being black.
OK, I guess. You understood what I said.

2seaoat

Says a man who posts endless dribble on sports and worries if his favorite sports figure has had a proper Bowel movement. I assume you are saying that short people are inferior?LOL

I have had a man who came up to my shoulders kick my asz, and the best basketball player I ever played with only came to my shoulders.....both of those men had utter confidence, they had nothing to prove, they were not fearful people, and they both were very good with the girls.....so no...physical stature is simply a state of mind, but when the mind is not right......you attack race, religion, ethnicity, and somehow try to make up or compensate for something that is utterly only in that person's mind.

Then why did you even bring up the subject of a persons hight as relevant to their political or moral standings?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This thread took some fun turns. I am really impressed that Hitler even made it on here. Boards is a pretty good smartass right up there with seaoat. Cool is just a state of mind and who we think represents cool is nothing more than an illusion most of the time, especially if it comes from the entertainment industry...just like boards says. I served with some really cool guys but one dark night when a mine exploded under my ship and threw it violently over at a 40+ degree tilt I heard them in a pile down against the bulkhead praying and sobbing..cool left the building.

2seaoat

Cool is just a state of mind and who we think represents cool is nothing more than an illusion most of the time,

We agree completely. When you sing....I think you are cool. When you post the bad stuff here......not so much. We come in all shape and sizes of computers.......some folks like the way the monitor looks and the shape and form of the design on the cpu........but really its the little bits of information in electronic form.......the simple turning on and off which constitutes the person.......we go to religion to better understand that human spirit.....that invisible field which is very difficult to quantify.....it has no race, it has no religion, it has no physical stature, and I believe it is designed. Therein lies cool.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

stormwatch89 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
You are certainly a loyal Selleck admirer...kind of leaves out about 3.5 billion guys that don't quite measure up....[/quote

Ah hon, he's the best!

Selleck is ruggedly handsome and gets better looking with age.

If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ? - Page 2 Tom-se10

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Joanimaroni wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Ah hon, he's the best!

Selleck is ruggedly handsome and gets better looking with age.

If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ? - Page 2 Tom-se10

Thanks, Joani, you just made my day...pant, pant.

Markle

Markle

I remember seeing "Bullit" when it first came out in the theatre.  It was the most exciting movie I had ever seen.  The chase scene, after the close up of  him fastening his seat belt was incredible.  There was no enhancements, nothing artificial as in most of todays action movies.

Today, it would probably be panned as being slow and boring.  I've watched it recently and was disappointed in a way that the chase scene wasn't as "exciting" as I remembered.  I too am spoiled by all the artificial techno additions to films today.

Another thing I noticed in the old movies I enjoy, it seems like there is so much less dialog and more dependence on the viewer imagining what is in the head of the actor and the action on screen.  Today it seems that a gap of four or five seconds of dialog has me almost reaching for the remote to see if something is wrong.

I enjoyed most all his films.  Yep, some were better than others.

I also enjoyed George C. Scott and Karl Malden....

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:
Still fun!

You are correct. A classic.

2seaoat

The sounds just bring a smile back. I was working on a Chrysler lot and a Dodge lot in High School. My best friend had a mustang......the debates were endless. I still say the mustang would have never catch a charger....especially after he spun out and gave the charger time. There were no videos.....if you liked a movie....you went back, or you stayed for the next showing and saw it again......I saw the damn movie three times. Lot of familiar faces in the movie, who later did other roles.

Sal

Sal

Hemi Barracuda woulda blown 'em all off the road. 

2seaoat

I found this just now:

In a magazine article many years later, one of drivers involved in the chase sequence remarked that the stock Dodge 440s were so much faster than the Mustang that the drivers had to keep backing off the accelerator to prevent the Dodge from easily pulling away from the Mustang.[13]

I think I am emailing my friend in Boise Idaho tonight......I told him his car would never catch a Dodge 440....I am actually going to bed with a smile on my face.....even 45 years later this little tidbit will start the debate all over.

Sal the 1968 hemi was remarkable, but a year later I would take the smaller engine stock 1970 dodge challenger TA released in the fall of 1969 over all of them.  I drove them all, but my best experience in the summer of 1970 was doing a dealer trade on 17 of those dodge challengers.  I hit 130-140 range on the interstate and it felt like I was going 70mph, and everything sold to the public which was stock was superior racing suspensions and F'ing power....with the spoilers and rear window louvers.....with those bright yellows, orange, and greens......for an 18 year old kid.....it was repeated big O's.

Im a girl and have no desires to be like steve. lol

Now when I was shootin for COOL..... it was always Joan Jett. Cool 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum