Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

8 Top medical tourist destinations.

+5
Joanimaroni
Jake92
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote:how did those shots work out for him?

He would be alive today if he did not get caught up in the shortsighted American solution for everything......replace something with something new......the doctors in Europe clearly told him that there was no efficacy in a liver transplant, and even American doctors were beginning to tell patients that a liver transplant had no efficacy in endocrine cancer......yet in America we have invested trillions in very expensive procedures, while Europe is mastering biological treatments where the efficacy is statistically superior to American treatments.   Fortunately for me the folks at Moffitt in Tampa and the folks at Northwestern are leaders in Endocrine Cancer and are constantly going to Europe to participate in meetings and exchanges of information.  Europe leads the world in the treatment of endocrine cancer and the researchers are not part of some vertical integration of universities and big pharm.   They are putting the solutions for the world to share.........and the paradox of this conduct is the profit driven big pharm wants nothing to do with these drugs if they cannot make 11k a shot........
No greed and avarice will bring my life to an end, and that is most appropriate.   A cure sits in a freezer in Sweden, and a system of profit and greed which Markle calls the best in the world stands between life and death.......again what an adventure......how utterly ironic that somebody who was a greedy capitalist who believed with my whole heart in Reagan's trickle down economics that I am slowly fading away as a cure is readily available......but the very capitialistic system I worshiped will ultimately not allow the cure to be available before I fade away......it does not get much better......pay back is a bitch.
yes, pay back is absolutely a BITCH! Twisted Evil 

2seaoat

Chrissy,

You have established clearly that your aptitude and reading comprehension are severely challenged, but please understand you do not even have a clue on this subject. If you think the liver transplant with Jobs extended his life.....you are an utter fool. It is like talking to a child who wants to bring a pet turkey to Thanksgiving......and then realizes we eat turkeys at Thanksgiving.

2seaoat wrote:Chrissy,

You have established clearly that your aptitude and reading comprehension are severely challenged, but please understand you do not even have a clue on this subject.  If you think the liver transplant with Jobs extended his life.....you are an utter fool.   It is like talking to a child who wants to bring a pet turkey to Thanksgiving......and then realizes we eat turkeys at Thanksgiving.  
LOL Rolling Eyes 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I recently lost a good friend who had a liver transplant 7 years ago...at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. He spent most of the time afterwards in and out of various hospitals. Maybe he'd still be with us today if his cirrhosis had been discovered in time through a routine blood test. "An ounce of prevention..."

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Yes, that's why the important work of stem cell research was put on the back burner for EIGHT YEARS in the US due to the supposed evangelical "christian" beliefs of the unelected POTUS...work that was being done in the early '70's on placentas in the hospital where I worked...where 10,000 babies were born in a single year.  Stem cell research that can make the paralyzed walk again, can reverse COPD, can address early childhood illnesses through the use of saved cord blood.  

It galls me to think of the lives that might have been saved or significantly improved...

That's another LIE from you.  Why?

So you admit that stem cell research has been going on for WELL OVER FORTY YEARS, and exactly what have they cured?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
I recently lost a good friend who had a liver transplant 7 years ago...at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  He spent most of the time afterwards in and out of various hospitals.  Maybe he'd still be with us today if his cirrhosis had been discovered in time through a routine blood test.  "An ounce of prevention..."
Chances are his cirrhosis was caused by...?

Was it not his CHOICE not to have a blood test?

Is there not such a thing as personal responsibility?

Floridatexan wrote:
I recently lost a good friend who had a liver transplant 7 years ago...at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  He spent most of the time afterwards in and out of various hospitals.  Maybe he'd still be with us today if his cirrhosis had been discovered in time through a routine blood test.  "An ounce of prevention..."
sorry to hear that. its not easy after a transplant. especially if you continue to drink. not saying your friend did but many do. As I recall about 99% of the transplants done were because of severe cirrhosis and hep C. I remember back then which it has been 10 years now that Mayo in jax was one of the few places that would allow people to get a liver transplant if they had the virus, because it comes back and infects the new liver.

another thing a lot of people don't know is that they really don't make a lot of money off doing the transplants. They are costly.

If I recall correctly the life expectancy after getting a liver transplant was 5 years. Not sure how long your friend got from his. hopefully he made the best of it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Chances are his cirrhosis was caused by...?

Was it not his CHOICE not to have a blood test?

Is there not such a thing as personal responsibility?
By the time routine blood work is abnormal, liver damage has already occurred. Cirrohosis is asymptomatic until their is significant damage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum