Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just wanted to let ya'll know I got a ACA policy on the marketplace.

+13
Nekochan
no stress
Wordslinger
Joanimaroni
knothead
PBulldog2
cool1
stormwatch89
Markle
QueenOfHearts
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
2seaoat
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Yes, I did and it's not too shabby. I retired a couple of weeks ago and took my pension early so I've been busy,however, it took me about a week to get the damn application done. The website is terrible. I got a pretty good subsidy and much of the policy is better than what I had w/ BC/BS Alabama. and for $19 a month. I was paying $84 w/ my employer monthly.

2seaoat

I just do not understand how people can get such low premiums. My wife and I are paying around 14k per year or over a thousand a month, but we knew my cancer had spread when my wife retired and we took the top policy they offered. We are getting killed on the deductibles and some copays, but we are lucky that they are covering the second shot when most insurance companies and Medicare would not. You are paying 1/10th of what we are paying but our plan includes vision and some denistry(selected and mostly preventive), and most Americans really can improve their insurance through the exchanges.

I didn't get the vision or dental care. That's a waste of money for me. I can get glasses cheaper than what they pay and my son-in-law is dentist so I get free dental care. My co-pays are $5 for primary care and prescriptions are $4. I have a $500 deductible and 10% copay for in hospital care which is cheaper than what I got w/ my other policy. I had to pay 80/20. w/ my former policy.

your retirement must be very low income to insure you with a payment of that amount. congrats.

who's your provider out of curiosity?

2seaoat

I get 100% payment after I meet my deductible. We would be in deep trouble because on Tuesday I am going to have about 15k in tests. If I had to pay 3k four times a year copay, plus 4k a month on the shots.....see ya.....but we pay 2500k on deductible and some small co pay, the rest has been picked up by the insurance.

My cousin in AL got her cards in the mail last week, BC/BS through the ACA website. She got medical & dental for $74/month. Her benefits will be better than what she had with her $206/month coverage. She didn't tell me her copay or deductible.

Chrissy wrote:your retirement must be very low income to insure you with a payment of that amount. congrats.

BC/BS Florida Select. It's not really low at all but it is below the percentage of 400%. I won't get my other retirement until I'm 65 and then it will go up. I plan to work parttime some so next year it will be a little higher. I don't owe anybody and my house payment is very low as I refinanced and my truck is paid off so I just have food and utilities. The taxes were eating me up so I can now work parttime and only be taxed on that and bring home actually more.

Sal

Sal

Good news. 

Repukes hate that. 

Congratulations. 

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:your retirement must be very low income to insure you with a payment of that amount. congrats.

BC/BS Florida Select. It's not really low at all but it is below the percentage of 400%. I won't get my other retirement until I'm 65 and then it will go up. I plan to work parttime some so next year it will be a little higher. I don't owe anybody and my house payment is very low as I refinanced and my truck is paid off so I just have food and utilities. The taxes were eating me up so I can now work parttime and only be taxed on that and bring home actually more.
congratulations on all fronts.

BirdyBack wrote:My cousin in AL got  her cards in the mail last week, BC/BS through the ACA website.  She got medical & dental for $74/month.  Her benefits will be better than what she had with her $206/month coverage. She didn't tell me her copay or deductible.
Mine is actually better, Birdy. I paid $30 copay to see the Dr and now I pay $5 and I only pay 10% co-pay instead of 20% for in hospital and 10% for MRI's and stuff. I had to $100 w/ the old plan.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:

I been retired since July the 4th..and I am just now getting used to it. I just bought a Harley and plan to wear the wheels off it...good for you Dreams..grab it while you can girl....

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

congratulations on all fronts.
Thanks. It's a lot better than the 8-5 grind.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I been retired since July the 4th..and I am just now getting used to it. I just bought a Harley and plan to wear the wheels off it...good for you Dreams..grab it while you can girl....
Thanks. I had been thinking about it for awhile and the health insurance was the main thing although I don't go to the Dr.s very much . The final push was when this woman came in and I helped her w/ getting some clothes and she went off on me because it wasn't enough money. I said "you know what, I don't have to take this shit. I'm going home and I did."

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Thanks. I had been thinking about it for awhile and the health insurance was the main thing although I don't go to the Dr.s very much . The final push was when this woman came in and I helped her  w/ getting some clothes and she went off on me because it wasn't enough money. I said "you know what, I don't have to take this shit. I'm going home and I did."

Bhahahahaha I can see that...at least you didn't throw her in the chipper...have a blast..life's too short to work...LOL.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Thanks. I had been thinking about it for awhile and the health insurance was the main thing although I don't go to the Dr.s very much . The final push was when this woman came in and I helped her  w/ getting some clothes and she went off on me because it wasn't enough money. I said "you know what, I don't have to take this shit. I'm going home and I did."
Bhahahahaha I can see that...at least you didn't throw her in the chipper...have a blast..life's too short to work...LOL.
I agree. I've been working since I was 16. The woman was extremely ungrateful and it was the last straw for me.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Sounds like you got a good policy for a good price. Do you know how much your premiums would have been without any subsidy?

Enjoy your retirement!

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Good news.

Repukes hate that.

Congratulations. 

Dreamsglore is one of the reasons the system will soon be in a death spiral.

She is older and will be needing far more health care than the young healthy people ObamaCare needs desperately to sign up and pay the astronomical fees in order to cover Dreamsglore.

I'm curious who Dreamsglore believes are paying her subsidy.  Must be coming from President Barack Hussein Obama's stash.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Congrats, Dreams. I hope you enjoy retirement and that the coverage is all you obtained.

Please let us know if you run into any ID theft issues. That's the one that scares the beejeesus out of me.

cool1

cool1

stormwatch89 wrote:Congrats, Dreams.  I hope you enjoy retirement and that the coverage is all you obtained.

Please let us know if you run into any ID theft issues.  That's the one that scares the beejeesus out of me.
That would be something to worry about --maybe they fixed it --they should really fix that part Smile

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

cool1 wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Congrats, Dreams.  I hope you enjoy retirement and that the coverage is all you obtained.

Please let us know if you run into any ID theft issues.  That's the one that scares the beejeesus out of me.
That would be something to worry about --maybe they fixed it --they should really fix that part Smile
The reports on that are not good.

Markle

Markle

cool1 wrote:

They haven't even written the 30-40% of the program where you actually PAY for your policy.

The worse part is that they knew it wasn't close to being ready, hadn't been tested and hadn't been tested for security.

This isn't going away, it's only getting worse.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My biggest fear for her would be she gets sick after entering and trusting the system and paying her premium and finds out the hospital can't accept her because of a computer glitch...I think if I were her I would make a dry run and go to the hospital and see if they can find her and admit her electronically..

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Thanks. I had been thinking about it for awhile and the health insurance was the main thing although I don't go to the Dr.s very much . The final push was when this woman came in and I helped her  w/ getting some clothes and she went off on me because it wasn't enough money. I said "you know what, I don't have to take this shit. I'm going home and I did."/quote]

Good for you, Dreams! Great so see you back, too.

And seeing as you have some idea of what I do, I'm sure you know I understand......completely.

knothead

knothead

Dreams, congrats on both your retirement after all these years and on getting a good policy for an affordable price . . . . enjoy these years you deserve it!

2seaoat

The system is working......slowly, but it will only get better and people are going to find improvements in the quality of their lives not facing the uncertainty of health care decisions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum