Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baby Pitt Bull

+8
no stress
knothead
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
Sal
dumpcare
cool1
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 8:41 pm

no stress

no stress

Markle wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:May be the sweetest dog in the world, and then one day completely out of the blue, rip the face off one of your grandchildren. 

You cannot love or train their aggressive nature out of them, and that particular breed has no business living in a house with children. 
          IDIOT!   Pay no attention to the opinions of those who have no idea about K-9 behavior.
I know a lot about K-9 behavior.  I would not have a Pit Bull.  There is a reason they are the only dogs trained to fight to the death.  They are incredibly strong.  You should also check with your insurance company.  Some will charge extra if you have what they classify as a dangerous dog, others will not insure you.  If you don't tell them, and there is an incident, they will not cover the damages or liability if you are sued.

Not my opinion, here are the FACTS.
Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Dog-attack-statistics-infographic
And yet another idiot chimes in. This time with a cut and paste straight from a facebook page and claiming it to be facts. Here's a fact for you. Most reputable insurance companies will accept a CGC cert from you if you own what they consider an aggressive breed and will still insure you. I personally don't understand why a Belgian malinois is not on the list as it is the "go to " K-9 for most police and military K-9 applications.

27Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 8:44 pm

Markle

Markle

Sadly, it happens all the time. 

Pit Bull Tears Off Owner's Hands, Likely Eats Them
56-year-old Connecticut woman brutally attacked
Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Getimage
By Kate Seamons,  Newser Staff

November 13, 2013

Newser) – The Connecticut Post describes it as "a scene out of a horror movie": On Monday morning, a pit bull attacked its 56-year-old owner so savagely her left arm was ripped off; Anne Murray also lost her other arm up to the elbow, and sustained many bite wounds.

More gruesome still, and a police source says most of the woman's flesh and bone weren't found after the attack, indicating they were likely eaten by the dog, reports Greenwich Time. "Use your imagination as to what happened," says the source.

Drivers passing by Murray's Wilton, Conn., home apparently spotted the 2-year-old male dog, Tuxedo, in the street; one heard a cry for help, and phoned police; that marks the third time calls had been placed about the dog leaving Murray's property. Except in this case, Murray was found beneath a car in her driveway, where she was trying to take shelter from the animal. The dog was shot and killed; Murray is in the hospital in stable condition. She's unlikely to face any criminal charges, says a local police lieutenant, who calls it "an extremely unfortunate accident." He added that the dog was owned by one of Murray's adult sons, and that she cared for it when he wasn't home. "Why the dog turned on her, we don't know."

http://www.newser.com/story/177552/pit-bull-tears-off-owners-hands-likely-eats-them.html

Why does anyone want a "pet" capable of such destruction?

28Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 9:15 pm

Markle

Markle

Gunz wrote:
Markle wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:May be the sweetest dog in the world, and then one day completely out of the blue, rip the face off one of your grandchildren. 

You cannot love or train their aggressive nature out of them, and that particular breed has no business living in a house with children. 
          IDIOT!   Pay no attention to the opinions of those who have no idea about K-9 behavior.
I know a lot about K-9 behavior.  I would not have a Pit Bull.  There is a reason they are the only dogs trained to fight to the death.  They are incredibly strong.  You should also check with your insurance company.  Some will charge extra if you have what they classify as a dangerous dog, others will not insure you.  If you don't tell them, and there is an incident, they will not cover the damages or liability if you are sued.

And yet another idiot chimes in. This time with a cut and paste straight from a facebook page and claiming it to be facts.    Here's a fact for you.  Most reputable insurance companies will accept a CGC cert from you if you own what they consider an aggressive breed and will still insure you.    I personally don't understand why a Belgian malinois is not on the list as it is the "go to " K-9 for most police and military K-9 applications.    
Not from Facebook and you know less than nothing about my experience in training dogs.  I have owned German Shepherds and Belgian Shepherds aka Belgian Malinois.   Both magnificent animals. 

Further....

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
Socrates

29Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 9:29 pm

dumpcare

Gunz wrote:
Markle wrote:
Gunz wrote:

And yet another idiot chimes in. This time with a cut and paste straight from a facebook page and claiming it to be facts.    Here's a fact for you.  Most reputable insurance companies will accept a CGC cert from you if you own what they consider an aggressive breed and will still insure you.    I personally don't understand why a Belgian malinois is not on the list as it is the "go to " K-9 for most police and military K-9 applications.    
Citizens is the only insurance company around here that I know of you do not have to disclose you have a dog, but you accept all the risk. I don't know of any insurance company period in Florida that would accept any dogs on the list. I had a doberman and could not get homeowner's except from Citizens.

30Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 9:38 pm

no stress

no stress

ppaca wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Markle wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Citizens is the only insurance company around here that I know of you do not have to disclose you have a dog, but you accept all the risk. I don't know of any insurance company period in Florida that would accept any dogs on the list. I had a doberman and could not get homeowner's except from Citizens.
Tower Hill...yes with CGC St. Johns...Yes with CGC Of course you can also go to any number of the fake service dog sites and get a service dog cert for 62 dollars and they have to insure you according to federal law.

31Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 9:43 pm

no stress

no stress

Markle wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Markle wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Not from Facebook and you know less than nothing about my experience in training dogs.  I have owned German Shepherds and Belgian Shepherds aka Belgian Malinois.   Both magnificent animals. 

Further....

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
Socrates
I have 2 SAR shepherds and a mal right now and they are definitely not beginner or intermediate handler dogs. Good working K-9s? yes but definitely headstrong breeds

32Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 11:10 pm

cool1

cool1

stormwatch89 wrote:
looks like the color of first one with black face like the third one -no white though.

good video I think I do have a light tan black face bull dog puppy that will find a good home as soon as possible Shocked 

His sister never showed up but shes like that maybe she will come over in the morning Rolling Eyes

33Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 8:36 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Good luck, Cool. You are to be admired for taking in the tyke when needed.

Having owned Danes and Mastiffs for 40 years now (yikes!) I've had many experiences with both them and people encounters.

Normally, it's the people encounters and prejudices that cause the problems.

Dog bite suits are big business, it's nearly impossible to obtain liability insurance for them and if you check local statutes you'll find, sadly, the dog doesn't even need to bite: only appear aggressive.

Owning dogs with any sort of reputation requires a huge amount of responsibility, dedication and frankly, nerve in our litigious society.

34Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 8:46 am

cool1

cool1

I think so to -she was crying this morning ---so I put her in my chair she wanted to chew my keyboard--smoke a cigg--and and wanted to chew on my fingers at the same time Mad ------ I hope when I find her a home they will keep the name Lottie --lottie-fingers--lottie food--lottie poopoo ---Shocked

35Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 8:49 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

cool1 wrote:I think so to -she was crying this morning ---so I put her in my chair she wanted to chew my keyboard--smoke a cigg--and and wanted to chew on my fingers at the same time Mad ------ I hope when I find her a home they will keep the name Lottie --lottie-fingers--lottie food--lottie poopoo ---Shocked

cheers cheers 

36Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 9:51 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Hi Cool -

Please be very, very careful to whom you give this pup. Please. If you can, do a home check and a veterinarian check on anyone who wants to adopt her.

I'm sure you have heard the story of the Massachusetts man who adopted a pit pull pup. He put her on a home-made rack system and pulled all of her joints out of socket. He burned her eye with a cigarette. He butchered her tongue to make it look like a snake's tongue. He didn't feed her. After he was done, he threw her beside a dumpster. She lived, only to be euthanized due to the severity of her wounds.

There are people like that out there, Cool. There are also dog fighters in our area who are always looking for bait animals. You cannot tell - CANNOT - what type of home the pup will get based on how an a potential adopter appears when you meet him or her. In some cases, dog fighters will bring their entire sweet family along in an attempt to score a bait dog.

If you can foster this pup a while longer, I will connect with a friend who runs the Precious Paws of the Panhandle Facebook website. I have other connections as well. I am sending you a private message that will include my email address.

If you are on Facebook, you can send Lottie's picture and your contact information to Lost and Found Pets of Pensacola and surrounding areas. If you wish, you can send a picture of the puppy to Precious Paws of the Panhandle yourself. The Pensacola Hotel for Cats and Dogs is another Facebook option - they will sometimes take in a puppy.

37Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 9:59 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Lost and Found Pets of Pensacola on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/LostAndFoundPetsofPensacola

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 11/24/2013, 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total

38Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 10:02 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Precious Paws of the Panhandle on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPawsOfThePanhandle

Animal Helpers of Northwest Florida on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalHelpersofNWFlorida

Pensacola Hotel for Cats and Dogs (adoption service) on Facebook:

http://www.h4dc.org/

39Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 11:22 am

ah you are calling her lottie Smile 

I didn't see that till PB made a new thread trying to get you.

I hopped off the thread cause the men were going on.

the humane society I think on P street, somewhere there is a very good place. Im not sure if they take bull dogs though.

if not and you cant keep her. run an ad on craigs list and try and find her a good home.

40Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 11:30 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

You're a good person, PB.

You too, Chrissy!

SRC won't adopt out any dog with"bull" in it. Period.

I was told by them years ago. SBL and discrimination is despicable.

41Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 12:47 pm

cool1

cool1

Chrissy wrote:ah you are calling her lottie Smile 

I didn't see that till PB made a new thread trying to get you.

I hopped off the thread cause the men were going on.

the humane society I think on P street, somewhere there is a very good place. Im not sure if they take bull dogs though.

if not and you cant keep her. run an ad on craigs list and try and find her a good home.
Lottie its the best name ---my husbands sister has not called me yet I left two mess--on her phone --Lottie is the best name for this girl , It fit so well thank you for the name I kew someone would come up with a name I just couldn't find one that would suit her -Lottie is perfect.

42Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 12:52 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Yes, the Pensacola Humane Society will take pitties if they have room. However, they only take owner surrenders, not strays. They do not discriminate against breeds.

Over a month ago, the Escambia County Animal Shelter opted to cease all breed specific discrimination. Pits are now available for adoption at ECAS. ECAS always appreciates volunteers! It is a kill shelter, but has teamed up with an animal advocacy group in Jacksonville in an attempt to drastically lower the kill rate.

The Santa Rosa County Animal Shelter has a lot of problems, up to and including the fact that they no longer allow volunteers.

43Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 12:53 pm

cool1

cool1

PBulldog2 wrote:Precious Paws of the Panhandle on Facebook:

PB--that is what I will do just like you said because I didn't think about that I just don't want to give her up and she gets mistreated-not one bit she is sweet --and I don't know if she would get mean either when older if I knew for sure she wouldn't maybe I could keep but its the not knowing that kinda upsets me Laughing 

44Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 1:00 pm

cool1

cool1

I don't want to call animal shelter they will kill her I just know it --or someone might get her to fight --no way if my husbands sister doesn't call I just don't know probably call one of the places your talking about but I will make sure its safe and Monday I will still call vet and ask them what they think Smile 

45Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 1:06 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

cool1 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:Precious Paws of the Panhandle on Facebook:

PB--that is what I will do just like you said because I didn't think about that I just don't want to give her up and she gets mistreated-not one bit she is sweet --and I don't know if she would get mean either when older if I knew for sure she wouldn't maybe I could keep but its the not knowing that kinda upsets me Laughing 
Cool, our three-year-old pittie is a big, lovable baby who loves nothing more than hugging, cuddling and chasing his softball. I have had dogs all my life, and I have to say he is one of the sweetest dogs that ever owned me. :-) He loves people and other animals.

Gunz has provided some excellent information on this thread. I am biased, about pit bulls, I'll admit. Only you can make the decision about whether or not you can keep Lottie. Do let me know if I can help, please.

46Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 1:24 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:Yes, the Pensacola Humane Society will take pitties if they have room. However, they only take owner surrenders, not strays. They do not discriminate against  breeds.

Over a month ago, the Escambia County Animal Shelter opted to cease all breed specific discrimination. Pits are now available for adoption at ECAS. ECAS always appreciates volunteers! It is a kill shelter, but has teamed up with an animal advocacy group in Jacksonville in an attempt to drastically lower the kill rate.

The Santa Rosa County Animal Shelter has a lot of problems, up to and including the fact that they no longer allow volunteers.
yes, the Pensacola humane society is where I was thinking. pretty sure of it, been so long.

Cool, if you don't keep her, don't tell them you found her, just take her and surrender her. I know its a little deceitful, but if I recall correctly the kill shelter is full of bull dogs. don't go there.

good luck!

47Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 3:01 pm

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:Yes, the Pensacola Humane Society will take pitties if they have room. However, they only take owner surrenders, not strays. They do not discriminate against  breeds.

yes, the Pensacola humane society is where I was thinking. pretty sure of it, been so long.

Cool, if you don't keep her, don't tell them you found her, just take her and surrender her. I know its a little deceitful, but if I recall correctly the kill shelter is full of bull dogs. don't go there.

good luck!
They charge when you say that.

48Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 3:15 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

good luck!
They charge when you say that.
Ive never surrendered a dog, wouldn't know that.

if this is so then she has a few choices.

1. keep the dog
2. give the dog away to a good home, via perhaps craigs list
3. pay the fee to a non kill shelter
4. put the dog in a kill shelter
5. ignore the dog and go about her life, stray dogs are everywhere.

49Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 8:39 pm

cool1

cool1

My husbands sister came over not the one that sold bull dogs --the other one I have been trying to get ahold of --She fell in love with it I knew she would if she saw it--she had her daughter with her shes in her 20s and grabbed the puppy and wouldn't let go of it -So thank goodness I found a great home for her with a big yard

cheers 

50Baby Pitt Bull - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/24/2013, 8:40 pm

cool1 wrote:My husbands sister came over not the one that sold bull dogs --the other one I have been trying to get ahold of --She fell in love with it I knew she would if she saw it--she had her daughter with her shes in her 20s and grabbed the puppy and wouldn't let go of it -So thank goodness I found a great home for her with a big yard

cheers 
cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum