Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baby Pitt Bull

+8
no stress
knothead
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
Sal
dumpcare
cool1
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Baby Pitt Bull Empty Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 10:46 am

cool1

cool1

The property I take care of across the street well yesterday there was this cutest pitt puppy --1st do you think if I hold her a lot and give her all kinds of attention -Do you think maybe she will turn out sweet or do you think she will get mean when older

I just cant find myself turning her over to SPCA---she is so cute light tan with a cute black on her face and has all these rolls of fat I guess she is a small big puppy kinda lol she puts her arms around my neck and her legs around my chest so cute a lil heavy but not much yet !

I don't know a thing about pitt bulls lol

and if I keep her I thought about naming her she needs a name -since I found her around Thanksgiving and Christmas I don't know what to name her can yall think about a name that would be good for her I can call her maybe for those occasions LOL

I cant keep saying come here baby LOL

If someone says hey that's my dog I will give it up But I am getting attached since yesterday

names please if you can help me out there --If yall remember my lab puppy-she is grown now she is so sweet still:) Abby I named my lab but what kind of name for Pitt bull though something tough --but sweet at the same time and a name for Christmas or thanks giving --this is hard--LOL

2Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 10:50 am

dumpcare

Star

May not ever get mean if you raise her right.

3Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 11:02 am

Sal

Sal

May be the sweetest dog in the world, and then one day completely out of the blue, rip the face off one of your grandchildren. 

You cannot love or train their aggressive nature out of them, and that particular breed has no business living in a house with children. 

4Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 11:09 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

This issue well be a point of disagreement on here....

I'm with Sal, I wouldn't have a pitt bull.  But I know that some people love them.

5Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 11:38 am

cool1

cool1

Looks like im going to have to research this I don't have time right now im cleaning house --My husbands sister use to raise and sell them but I don't have her number -I have heard of horror stories on tv also wonder if I called a vet maybe that would help Monday.

when I found her I asked this neighbor to come check her out and he said it looks like she has pitt bull in her lol---so I have to try to pull some pictures up of baby pitt bulls and see what they look like to see if she is -or mixed or what lol

6Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 11:48 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I know two pit bulls well. One, Layla, was raised right from a pup and is literally the sweetest adult dog you will ever know. She loves all people and all animals and is gentle as a lamb.
The other, Scooby, was abandoned and we don't know his background. He was about a year old when friends took him in as a stray. He is also the most gentle animal you've ever seen around all humans including the grandchildren. BUT, he hates cats and will kill any he sees.

7Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 11:51 am

Lottie Mae ( your last name)

lottie because you found her on a lot

my parents had a bull dog and she didn't get mean until she got really old. then you couldn't mess with her. she was partially blind and very finicky. she was a really good dog up until then. we all knew to not mess with her as kids. my parents took extra precaution during that time to keep her away when kids were around.

I have to laugh you remind me of something. one year my brother dressed up like santa and as he was leaving the yard she bit him on the ass. I was mad because my brother and I made a deal, I pay for the costume rental and he dress up. it cost me a $100... but the laugh was worth it in the end LOL pun.....

8Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 12:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Many times it is not how you raise the dog; it is how the dog was bred. Inbred dogs are not always stable. Seems to me you are leary of the breed..and may always have a sense of fear as the pup grows. Perhaps another breed (from the shelter)would be your best bet.

For the name....Holly for the holidays.

9Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 5:32 pm

cool1

cool1

well I have decided im not going to keep her I am now looking for a home for her--she is pretty and healthy and a chunky lil thing but I took a nap and got up and started thinking about it again -when she is older I may not can handle her and I have to many dogs already so if you know anyone that will take good care of her just let me know I would have called her Lottie --Because I did find her on a lot -lol

But I cant keep her though so I want to find her a home so she doesnt get attached to me !!! I have all little dogs and my lab-husband says he would rather have a lab or german shepard something that we know will be sweet.

Last edited by cool1 on 11/23/2013, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 5:45 pm

cool1

cool1

I have someone on the way to look at her now I started calling people -I will ket ya know if she takes her home Smile 

11Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 5:47 pm

knothead

knothead

SHITHEAD . . . . from the movie The Jerk

12Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 5:49 pm

cool1

cool1

knothead wrote:SHITHEAD . . . . from the movie The Jerk
Shithead Razz 

13Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 5:52 pm

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:May be the sweetest dog in the world, and then one day completely out of the blue, rip the face off one of your grandchildren. 

You cannot love or train their aggressive nature out of them, and that particular breed has no business living in a house with children. 
IDIOT! Pay no attention to the opinions of those who have no idea about K-9 behavior.

14Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 5:55 pm

no stress

no stress

Chrissy wrote:Lottie Mae ( your last name)

my parents had a bull dog and she didn't get mean until she got really old. then you couldn't mess with her. she was partially blind and very finicky. she was a really good dog up until then. we all knew to not mess with her as kids. my parents took extra precaution during that time to keep her away when kids were around.

I have to laugh you remind me of something. one year my brother dressed up like santa and as he was leaving the yard she bit him on the ass. I was mad because my brother and I made a deal, I pay for the costume rental and he dress up. it cost me a $100... but the laugh was worth it in the end LOL pun..... Any K-9 will become insecure when they lose one or more senses and can bite as a defense mechanism out of fear.

15Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 6:04 pm

cool1

cool1

My lab is soooo sweet and she was easy to train--she doesn't like cops I think its because of there lights--she has a special bark for that ---And when someone comes around my yard she has a certain bark for that !

Any other time she doesn't bark so she watches the house for me and I have 3 small tiny tiny chuhauhas--well chis--lol I don't know how to spell it!
anyway 1 of my chis --I bottle fed , even though she is small and her name is Buffy we call her lutherfer for short sometimes because she acts like she is a mean Bull dog Laughing   My other two chis well they bark when someone comes over but Buffy I have to put her up I think its because I bottle fed her she don't like anyone but myself and husband and daughter that's it Shocked

16Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 6:12 pm

no stress

no stress

American Staffordshire Terrier Temperament

The American Staffordshire Terrier is a people-oriented dog who thrives when he is part of a family. They are intelligent, graceful, loyal, feisty, courageous, and very, very strong. Amstaffs are an active breed, always ready for fun, and they love to play outdoors. They are high energy and need regular exercise. They can be rowdy and overly exuberant, especially when they are young. They do best when they have a job to do. A bored Amstaff will destroy your house. They do well in obedience, agility, tracking, and conformation. Obedience training is very important with this breed. They really need an interactive owner who will spend time with them, training them and playing with them and just being their best friend. But they also need an owner who is able to establish leadership, as Amstaffs definitely have a mind of their own. Amstaffs are protective and they look imposing so they can make an effective deterrent, but they are really too friendly to be guard dogs. Some Amstaffs are dog aggressive and none will back down if challenged. Amstaffs love their children and are patient, gentle, and tolerant. Of course, very young children should always be supervised around any dog. This is an animal who will strive to please you and take great pride in making you laugh. He will demand a lot of your attention and will be an excellent companion, for you and your family.

17Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 6:15 pm

cool1

cool1

Chrissy wrote:Lottie Mae ( your last name)

I have to laugh you remind me of something. one year my brother dressed up like santa and as he was leaving the yard she bit him on the ass. I was mad because my brother and I made a deal, I pay for the costume rental and he dress up. it cost me a $100... but the laugh was worth it in the end LOL pun.....
Laughing 

18Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 6:27 pm

cool1

cool1

Gunz wrote:
American Staffordshire Terrier Temperament

The American Staffordshire Terrier is a people-oriented dog who thrives when he is part of a family. They are intelligent, graceful, loyal, feisty, courageous, and very, very strong. Amstaffs are an active breed, always ready for fun, and they love to play outdoors. They are high energy and need regular exercise. They can be rowdy and overly exuberant, especially when they are young. They do best when they have a job to do. A bored Amstaff will destroy your house. They do well in obedience, agility, tracking, and conformation. Obedience training is very important with this breed. They really need an interactive owner who will spend time with them, training them and playing with them and just being their best friend. But they also need an owner who is able to establish leadership, as Amstaffs definitely have a mind of their own. Amstaffs are protective and they look imposing so they can make an effective deterrent, but they are really too friendly to be guard dogs. Some Amstaffs are dog aggressive and none will back down if challenged. Amstaffs love their children and are patient, gentle, and tolerant. Of course, very young children should always be supervised around any dog. This is an animal who will strive to please you and take great pride in making you laugh. He will demand a lot of your attention and will be an excellent companion, for you and your family.
WOW--well mmm I wasn't really looking for a dog im happy with the ones I have !!!  I just thought one day I would get one to get along with my Lab -But right now im keeping the ones I have im happy with them I just found baby -pitt and I would have kept it But I think it would have gotten to where I couldn't hold it .

My lab when I walk up to her she is big now so when she stands up she puts her arms on my shoulder she can reach up that high now!! she remembers when she was a baby and me holding her a lot !!! she tries to sit in my lap like she use to its funny because she doesn't fit on my lap anymore she is full grown and I laugh when she does this because she tries so hard to fit --the only thing that will actually fit is her head now Laughing

19Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 6:39 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[quote="Gunz"   IDIOT!   Pay no attention to the opinions of those who have no idea about K-9 behavior.[/quote]

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

20Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 7:20 pm

2seaoat

IDIOT! Pay no attention to the opinions of those who have no idea about K-9 behavior.

Well I just tried to reserve a RV spot for a week in southern florida, and I was told that I could not bring my German Shepard pup because it was on a list of 7 dangerous dogs. The pit bull was number one. It pissed me off because my pup is a sweet heart, but the insurance companies have compiled an objective list based on claims and this rv park now have their insurance dependent on keeping dogs on that list off the property. The problem is that not all people know how to handle these breeds and the actual bite reports reflect owner negligence, but the listings of serious bites is an objective fact compiled by the insurance companies to lower their risk.

21Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 7:26 pm

2seaoat

Pit Bulls & Staffordshire Terriers
Doberman Pinschers
Rottweilers
Chows
Great Danes
Presa Canarios

Akitas
Alaskan Malamutes
German Shepherds
Siberian Huskies
Wolf-hybrids
Or a mix of any of the above
What pissed me off is that my pup has some lab and is not a pure bred german shepard. Next time I am going to say it is a lab mutt. The list above is from an insurance company. The RV Park only had seven breeds.

22Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 7:50 pm

cool1

cool1

WoW so that's there list huh---still waiting on my sister-inlaw --not the one who raised and sold Pit bulls though im going to laugh if she says that aint no pitt bull --boxer LOL she told me on the phone it could be a boxer--she hasn't seen it yet though.

23Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 8:23 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

24Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 8:26 pm

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:
          IDIOT!   Pay no attention to the opinions of those who have no idea about K-9 behavior.
Heel.

Sit, boy. 

Lie down. 

Good boy, Gunz. 

Have some antifreeze. 

25Baby Pitt Bull Empty Re: Baby Pitt Bull 11/23/2013, 8:29 pm

Markle

Markle

Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:May be the sweetest dog in the world, and then one day completely out of the blue, rip the face off one of your grandchildren. 

IDIOT!   Pay no attention to the opinions of those who have no idea about K-9 behavior.
I know a lot about K-9 behavior.  I would not have a Pit Bull.  There is a reason they are the only dogs trained to fight to the death.  They are incredibly strong.  You should also check with your insurance company.  Some will charge extra if you have what they classify as a dangerous dog, others will not insure you.  If you don't tell them, and there is an incident, they will not cover the damages or liability if you are sued.

Not my opinion, here are the FACTS.
Baby Pitt Bull Dog-attack-statistics-infographic

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum