Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How little has changed

+8
Markle
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
knothead
VectorMan
othershoe1030
QueenOfHearts
2seaoat
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:08 pm

knothead wrote:Oh yes, that Mr. Oats is so stupid . . . that's comical coming from you (not that you're one of the stupidest people on the forum) just close . . .
knot, let me let you onto something. the stupid comment came from FT. It is clear you thought it was from me to oats. and therefore made the comment you did.

Im sorry for you and many here, I really am. but better than that. I just laugh LOL

27How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:11 pm

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:The Southern Poverty Law Center, (SPLC) was established in 1971. They do good work to track and fight hate groups and bring justice to cases like this. I support them with a monthly donation because things have not changed. The thing that needs changing is human nature and that remains the same as always.

The last known lynching of a black person in this country was in Mobile, AL in 1981. Now that's just creepy.
The Southern Poverty Law Center.  Could you please point to where they have condemned the "knock out game" being played out by blacks across the country and where they have come out and publically addressed the problem?

That is HATE and when they come out against the murder of whites by blacks because they are white?

If they have not come out vehemently against any of those things you are simply supporting black racism.

28How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:16 pm

2seaoat

the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage.[11] Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Just fifty years from this historic legislation and the murder of the President, you deny the political reality that the folkways, mores, and traditions of a political block which now is the backbone of the Republican Party being the former Dixiecrats are actively fighting a black person in the White House, Voter rights, and a path to citizenship for brown skinned people. I am not beating a dead horse. Look at the traditions of bipartisan cooperation between the Republican and Democratic Party, and the migration of the HATERS to the Republican Party in the late 60s as a direct result of the Civil Rights Act and the efforts of President Kennedy who we celebrate today. You are not sincere in your denial of the truth, and you are intelligent but unable to deal emotionally with the truth of my words. When we all individually leave our prejudice we learned as children and work for a fair and equal society, this country will grow in strength. When we support a process to regress back to fifty years ago.....we are fighting for evil.

29How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:23 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:because all those other people who actually did those things are dead so it has to be us. You ready?

The people that did those things are the culture and politics of the Dixiecrats.....former Democrats who migrated to the Republican Party just because of the issues of repeal of Jim Crow.  They most certainly are alive and well in the Republican Party.   They most certainly are alive and well on this forum.   Read the Wiki transcripts of what was said in the multiple trials of these young men.   Magically, you think the De Jure and De Facto discrimination based upon the color of a person's skin has disappeared.   Your views are not from a 150 years ago.......they are alive and well today.
Yes, here is racism today, where it was avidly supported by the race baiters WAY back in 1987, not 150 years ago but your good friend Al Sharpton and Tawana Brawley.
How little has changed - Page 2 Tawana-brawley-al-sharpton

30How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:27 pm

2seaoat wrote:the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage.[11] Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."[12]

Just fifty years from this historic legislation and the murder of the President, you deny the political reality that the folkways, mores, and traditions of a political block which now is the backbone of the Republican Party being the former Dixiecrats are actively fighting a black person in the White House,  Voter rights, and a path to citizenship for brown skinned people.   I am not beating a dead horse.   Look at the traditions of bipartisan cooperation between the Republican and Democratic Party, and the migration of the HATERS to the Republican Party in the late 60s as a direct result of the Civil Rights Act and the efforts of President Kennedy who we celebrate today.  You are not sincere in your denial of the truth, and you are intelligent but unable to deal emotionally with the truth of my words.  When we all individually leave our prejudice we learned as children and work for a fair and equal society, this country will grow in strength.   When we support a process to regress back to fifty years ago.....we are fighting for evil.
im all for a fair and equal society. when will you be? I judge people by their character just like MLK.

why do you have a problem with that?

31How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:30 pm

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:because all those other people who actually did those things are dead so it has to be us. You ready?

The people that did those things are the culture and politics of the Dixiecrats.....former Democrats who migrated to the Republican Party just because of the issues of repeal of Jim Crow.  They most certainly are alive and well in the Republican Party.   They most certainly are alive and well on this forum.   Read the Wiki transcripts of what was said in the multiple trials of these young men.   Magically, you think the De Jure and De Facto discrimination based upon the color of a person's skin has disappeared.   Your views are not from a 150 years ago.......they are alive and well today.
I don't appreciate you calling me a racist. matter of a fact im sick and fuckin tired of it. its you who is the racist. You USE the color of someones skin to promote ideology and defend poor character. I DO NOT. I simply judge people based on their behavior and that goes for all flavors.

in the words of sal.... keep fucking that chicken.
Chrissy, from the tone of your response to Mr.Oats can I presume that you disagree with him on the substance of his comment(s) regarding racism being alive and well in this nation? Mr. Oats lays it all at the feet of the Dixiecrats but I can assure you they are also within the Democratic party as well.  Things have improved on the racism in our country but for one to believe that it continues to permeate the sociological mores is just being ignorant of the facts.  I think most people have some degree of racist views including the minorities who have their own racist and discriminatory attitudes.  
Finally, save your breath . . . I'm really not that into chickens!  
EVERYONE instinctively distrusts people unlike the people with whom they were raised.  That is normal.  What we do beyond that is what makes the difference.  President Barack Hussein Obama and his racist beliefs have done more harm to our country and has divided it more than any other President in modern history.  It is shameful and despicable.

32How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:33 pm

QueenOfHearts wrote:
knothead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I don't appreciate you calling me a racist. matter of a fact im sick and fuckin tired of it. its you who is the racist. You USE the color of someones skin to promote ideology and defend poor character. I DO NOT. I simply judge people based on their behavior and that goes for all flavors.

Chrissy, from the tone of your response to Mr.Oats can I presume that you disagree with him on the substance of his comment(s) regarding racism being alive and well in this nation? Mr. Oats lays it all at the feet of the Dixiecrats but I can assure you they are also within the Democratic party as well.  Things have improved on the racism in our country but for one to believe that it continues to permeate the sociological mores is just being ignorant of the facts.  I think most people have some degree of racist views including the minorities who have their own racist and discriminatory attitudes.  
cheers 
fuck you too bitch, run scared. I don't take it lightly when some other fucker calls me a racist. feel the heat!Twisted Evil 

33How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:37 pm

2seaoat

im all for a fair and equal society. when will you be? I judge people by their character just like MLK.

why do you have a problem with that?

I think you would go out of your way, just like T would go out of his way if either of you had a friend who was black and was in need. I have no doubt that you are sincere in not seeing the systemic and deeply ingrained racism which manifests itself in our political systems and is manipulated by the 1% of this country who exercise dominion over our once proud middle class.

However, you retain a perspective which you cannot acknowledge. Just like Neko who is one of our most intelligent and fair forum members just did not recognize how patently racist her comment about the hispanic surname was. She would never do anything in her personal life which was unfair to another human. I am certain. I also feel that way about T and you. When I am being the forum Dick.......please understand my purpose is not to attack you personally. You know I have never done that with you, but I am ruthlessly and often stridently challenging the unspoken basis of your belief system which in your world paradigm you have disconnected from the political realities of hate and prejudice.

34How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 7:41 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage.[11] Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."[12]

Just fifty years from this historic legislation and the murder of the President, you deny the political reality that the folkways, mores, and traditions of a political block which now is the backbone of the Republican Party being the former Dixiecrats are actively fighting a black person in the White House,  Voter rights, and a path to citizenship for brown skinned people.   I am not beating a dead horse.   Look at the traditions of bipartisan cooperation between the Republican and Democratic Party, and the migration of the HATERS to the Republican Party in the late 60s as a direct result of the Civil Rights Act and the efforts of President Kennedy who we celebrate today.  You are not sincere in your denial of the truth, and you are intelligent but unable to deal emotionally with the truth of my words.  When we all individually leave our prejudice we learned as children and work for a fair and equal society, this country will grow in strength.   When we support a process to regress back to fifty years ago.....we are fighting for evil.
Good thing the Democrats did NOT have their way or the Act would never have passed.

On June 19, the substitute (compromise) bill passed the Senate by a vote of 73–27, and quickly passed through the House-Senate conference committee, which adopted the Senate version of the bill. The conference bill was passed by both houses of Congress, and was signed into law by President Johnson on July 2, 1964.[16]
Vote totals[edit]
Totals are in "YeaNay" format:

• The original House version: 290–130   (69–31%).
  • Cloture in the Senate: 71–29   (71–29%).
  • The Senate version: 73–27   (73–27%).
  • The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289–126   (70–30%).
By party[edit]
The original House version:[17]

• Democratic Party: 152–96   (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34   (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[18]

• Democratic Party: 44–23   (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6   (82–18%)
The Senate version:[17]

• Democratic Party: 46–21   (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6   (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[17]

• Democratic Party: 153–91   (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35   (80–20%)

35How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 8:09 pm

2seaoat

Mr. Markle.....that is the Republican Party I grew up with......my mother was active in the party and I joined the young Republicans and went door to door for Barry Goldwater and was a leader in same in the 1968 Nixon campaign in my community. I do not recognize my party today. All my family who abandoned her parents alliance with FDR thought my mother was an eccentric artist for her active participation in Republican Party. The old Dixiecrats were the worse racist and were responsible for the De Jure Jim Crow laws which created unequal facilities and justice.

All my family left the Democratic Party and became Republicans in the late 60s. They still held their strong segregationist views, and to this day on the surface they have accepted the Civil Rights Act......but they do not like it......they do not think dumb people of color should be participating in American Democracy.........they are the new Republican Party. I however remain a proud traditional Republican whose views have changed very little since 1964 when I had doors slammed in my face campaigning for Barry Goldwater, as people invited me into their homes and took me to their bathroom and pointed to the toilet where a bumper sticker was attached.....put your goldwater here........

36How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 8:31 pm

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle.....that is the Republican Party I grew up with......my mother was active in the party and I joined the young Republicans and went door to door for Barry Goldwater and was a leader in same in  the 1968 Nixon campaign in my community.  I do not recognize my party today.   All my family who abandoned her parents alliance with FDR thought my mother was an eccentric artist for her active participation in Republican Party.   The old Dixiecrats were the worse racist and were responsible for the De Jure Jim Crow laws which created unequal facilities and justice.

All my family left the Democratic Party and became Republicans in the late 60s.  They still held their strong segregationist views, and to this day on the surface they have accepted the Civil Rights Act......but they do not like it......they do not think dumb people of color should be participating in American Democracy.........they are the new Republican Party.   I however remain a proud traditional Republican whose views have changed very little since 1964 when I had doors slammed in my face campaigning for Barry Goldwater, as people invited me into their homes and took me to their bathroom and pointed to the toilet where a bumper sticker was attached.....put your goldwater here........
ahhhhhhhhhhh so this is where the PROJECTION comes from.

I have some news for you. you aint a republican at all. LOL

WHAT YOU ARE IS DELSIONAL.

37How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 8:57 pm

2seaoat

I have some news for you. you aint a republican at all. LOL

No my dear, I am a true blue Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Barry Goldwater Republican.....you my friend are a Dixiecrat.

38How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/22/2013, 11:20 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Chrissy wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
knothead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

cheers 
fuck you too bitch, run scared. I don't take it lightly when some other fucker calls me a racist. feel the heat!Twisted Evil 
Is this directed at me? I was agreeing with knothead's comments about racism, not calling you a racist.

39How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 12:34 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The Southern Poverty Law Center, (SPLC) was established in 1971. They do good work to track and fight hate groups and bring justice to cases like this. I support them with a monthly donation because things have not changed. The thing that needs changing is human nature and that remains the same as always.

The last known lynching of a black person in this country was in Mobile, AL in 1981. Now that's just creepy.
The Southern Poverty Law Center.  Could you please point to where they have condemned the "knock out game" being played out by blacks across the country and where they have come out and publically addressed the problem?

That is HATE and when they come out against the murder of whites by blacks because they are white?

If they have not come out vehemently against any of those things you are simply supporting black racism.
Your "reasoning process" is exhausting to say the least. The Southern Poverty Law Center is a group that tracks hate groups and promotes tolerance through education. The activity you mention is a random criminal act that the various local police departments are taking care of. It is like purse snatching or car jacking, a criminal act. All criminal acts are a violation of the victim's civil rights in a way but this is not the sort of thing the SPLC gets involved with as far as I know. They are more likely to take established groups to court and seek monitory penalties in order to impede the groups' activities.

Southern Poverty Law Center
Nonprofit organization
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an American nonprofit civil rights organization noted for its legal victories against white supremacist groups; its legal representation for victims of hate groups; … Wikipedia

###########

The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors hate groups and other extremists throughout the United States and exposes their activities to law enforcement agencies, the media and the public. We publish our investigative findings online, on our Hatewatch blog, and in the Intelligence Report, our award-winning quarterly journal. We’ve crippled some of the country’s most notorious hate groups by suing them for murders and other violent acts committed by their members.

Currently, there are 1,007 known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes and others.

http://www.splcenter.org/what-we-do/hate-and-extremism

40How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 9:36 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Be careful, OS. Wink The last time I referenced the positive work done by Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center, Markle kindly let me know I am a member of a hate group. Rolling Eyes 

Yeah. I know.

41How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 11:07 am

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:
knothead wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

cheers 
Is this directed at me?  I was agreeing with knothead's comments about racism, not calling you a racist.
it appeared to me you were cheering seaoat on WHO DID CALL ME A RACIST and has just done it again. if this isn't the case and you were not agreeing with this statement from seaoat > Your views are not from a 150 years ago.......they are alive and well today.< then please accept my apologies.

Im not taking seaoats shit. Ive had it with him. seaoat is a race baiting communistic tool.

42How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 11:13 am

2seaoat wrote:I have some news for you. you aint a republican at all. LOL

No my dear, I am a true blue Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Barry Goldwater Republican.....you my friend are a Dixiecrat.
AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! you are calling me a racist.

YOU are the racist. You USE race as a means to an end. You are a TOOL.

I on the other hand judge people by their actions. Let me tell you something about how I see people. I see them from the INSIDE. This has given me the capability to LOVE in all forms romantically and friendship wise people from all races and sexes. I do NOT think you have that gift.

Race to you is nothing but a tool, because you are a sad little race baiter.

43How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 11:16 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm tired of hearing about Seaoat and his evil Dixiecrats.    Good grief, I don't know how old Seaoat thinks some of us are!   But I do believe that he thinks most of us, except for himself and Sal, are Dixiecrat racists. Rolling Eyes

I do think that Chrissy is a couple of years or so younger than I am.  We weren't even born yet in the era of Dixiecrats.

44How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 11:41 am

At times it seems to me a indefensible position. If you are White and over 50 then you are a racist. Thats it. Bottom line. No matter how much you protest and try to defend your views and actions that you are not, you are still painted with the broad brush of intolerance. Many of us are judged by the actions of others that we had no involvement with. The good things that many people did to equalize the injustice between the races are forgotten because they were not "Newsworthy". Some things were small, such as giving a black co-worker a ride home, sharing lunch, or just a simple hello and wave of your hand when you met on the street. Very trite, in the scope of things, but still important in the art of dealing with others. It is frustrating.

45How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 11:57 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:At times it seems to me a indefensible position.  If you are White and over 50 then you are a racist.  Thats it. Bottom line.  No matter how much you protest and try to defend your views and actions that you are not, you are still painted with the broad brush of intolerance.   Many of us are judged by the actions of others that we had no involvement with.  The good things that many people did to equalize the injustice between the races are forgotten because they were not "Newsworthy".  Some things were small, such as giving a black co-worker a ride home, sharing lunch, or just a simple hello and wave of your hand when you met on the street.  Very trite, in the scope of things, but still important in the art of dealing with others.  It is frustrating.  
cheers 

I wonder how many of the posters screaming racist were former racists.

Now, to justify and atone for their past indiscreation, they feel a need to call others out. I know a couple of posters ( fact ) have done that over the years.

Like a liar...they assume everyone else lies.

46How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 12:09 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:At times it seems to me a indefensible position.  If you are White and over 50 then you are a racist.  Thats it. Bottom line.  No matter how much you protest and try to defend your views and actions that you are not, you are still painted with the broad brush of intolerance.   Many of us are judged by the actions of others that we had no involvement with.  The good things that many people did to equalize the injustice between the races are forgotten because they were not "Newsworthy".  Some things were small, such as giving a black co-worker a ride home, sharing lunch, or just a simple hello and wave of your hand when you met on the street.  Very trite, in the scope of things, but still important in the art of dealing with others.  It is frustrating.  
I am over 50, but only a little bit! 

Really though...by the time I started school, I had black classmates and black teachers in elementary school.  I didn't grow up with black/white water fountains, black/white seating on buses and in theaters or segregated schools.  Sure, there was racism back then and still today. Plenty of it.  A lot, lot moreso then than now, I think.   I think those who were born a decade earlier than me have a totally different experience than I had.

But absolutely true---even if you ARE over 50 and white, it doesn't mean you're a racist!

47How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 12:13 pm

Nekochan wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Seaoat and his evil Dixiecrats.    Good grief, I don't know how old Seaoat thinks some of us are!   But I do believe that he thinks most of us, except for himself and Sal, are Dixiecrat racists. Rolling Eyes

I do think that Chrissy is a couple of years or so younger than I am.  We weren't even born yet in the era of Dixiecrats.
Im not sure what his problem is. perhaps he is getting his giggles inciting others.

im 48. the world I grew up in is not the one he did. my parents were not remotely even concerned with politics growing up. the subject NEVER came up.

My parents had black friends I recall as a child, they came over to play poker. and I recall several times one black man must have worked with my dad because he would give him rides and I never thought anything about it, I did what I always did as kid, I pushed my little body up into back window area where the little bobble headed chiwawa dog was and stared at the sky as we drove down the road. and black people were inches from me. I didn't care. so what. I had absolutely no idea that I was supposed to differentiate based on skin color the differences of people. none. I grew up that way.

My dad himself isn't really a very white man himself, he looks Cuban to be honest. even his name is Cuban lol

I really just think seaoat can not understand what it is like to just NOT CARE what a persons skin color is and to take people for the content of their character.

growing up in high school I lived in an area of the city in jax where one block from us was a black neighborhood, that is where I HUNG OUT. my best friends were black. I wasn't afraid to touch them, hug them drink after them. and this is no different than how I am now. But ill be dammed if I will be oppressed to not speak ut when I see shit going on with a culture that is harming not only that group but us as a whole nation. why should I? My conscious is not guilty.

48How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 12:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Seaoat and his evil Dixiecrats.    Good grief, I don't know how old Seaoat thinks some of us are!   But I do believe that he thinks most of us, except for himself and Sal, are Dixiecrat racists. Rolling Eyes

Im not sure what his problem is. perhaps he is getting his giggles inciting others.

im 48. the world I grew up in is not the one he did. my parents were not remotely even concerned with politics growing up. the subject NEVER came up.

My parents had black friends I recall as a child, they came over to play poker. and I recall several times one black man must have worked with my dad because he would give him rides and I never thought anything about it, I did what I always did as  kid, I pushed my little body up into back window area where the little bobble headed chiwawa dog was and stared at the sky as we drove down the road. and black people were inches from me. I didn't care. so what. I had absolutely no idea that I was supposed to differentiate based on skin color the differences of people. none. I grew up that way.

My dad himself isn't really a very white man himself, he looks Cuban to be honest. even his name is Cuban lol

I really just think seaoat can not understand what it is like to just NOT CARE what a persons skin color is and to take people for the content of their character.

growing up in high school I lived in an area of the city in jax where one block from us was a black neighborhood, that is where I HUNG OUT. my best friends were black. I wasn't afraid to touch them, hug them drink after them. and this is no different than how I am now. But ill be dammed if I will be oppressed to not speak ut when I see shit going on with a culture that is harming not only that group but us as a whole nation. why should I? My conscious is not guilty.
Maybe their conscience is!

49How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 12:34 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:

My parents had black friends I recall as a child, they came over to play poker. and I recall several times one black man must have worked with my dad because he would give him rides and I never thought anything about it, I did what I always did as  kid, I pushed my little body up into back window area where the little bobble headed chiwawa dog was and stared at the sky as we drove down the road. and black people were inches from me. I didn't care. so what. I had absolutely no idea that I was supposed to differentiate based on skin color the differences of people. none. I grew up that way.

You're about 3 years younger than I am.

50How little has changed - Page 2 Empty Re: How little has changed 11/23/2013, 12:40 pm

2seaoat

Maybe their conscience is!

Perhaps but what is inside my head does not change the political reality of the Dixiecrats taking over the Republican Party and the continued attempt to make it more difficult for minority voters to have access to the ballot box and to block a path for Hispanics to become citizens. Ronald Reagan was a traditional Republican who grew up in the midwest and did not experience De Jure Segregation and Jim Crow. Ronald Reagan supported voter access and a path to citizenship. Now people think they can distance themselves from the reality of an entire culture of De Facto discrimination. I remember looking at my Uncle's employer's monthly magazine in 1985 where charities were broken into black and white. The feds were in the plant because of the same, and my uncle's response.....we do not discriminate anymore, it just white people and black people want it that way. You are judged by the words you post on this forum, and by the systemic politics which work to undermine equality. Read in detail the Scarbough boys trial which is in the news today.........Read about the filibuster in the Senate fifty years ago when discussing the Civil Rights legislation which Kennedy fought for and may have died for.....and then look at where those DEMOCRATIC senators came from, and how in 2013 they have all converted to Republicans......yep it is my conscious......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum