Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants?

+6
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Jake92
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Jake92

Let him buy his 2nd hand toilet paper and everything else with no taxes.. Eventually he'll buy a new roll..

2seaoat wrote: I buy 90% of everything I own second hand which has no tax on it.

Tax dodger......those second hand things if sold should have a sales tax equal to any other item sold.......therein lies part of the problem.....tax dodgers.
FRICKING NAZI..!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote: I buy 90% of everything I own second hand which has no tax on it.  

Tax dodger......those second hand things if sold should have a sales tax equal to any other item sold.......therein lies part of the problem.....tax dodgers.
FRICKING NAZI..!!
Thank goodness he's found another Nazi. It gets lonely being the only one.

2seaoat

Know the law....used goods sold should have sales tax collected, and when folks who resale items for a living and fail to pay tax, they are no different than a crook with a gun who robs a little old lady......how do nazis plan to support the party mechanism......donations?

How and Why To Get A State Sales Tax Number
by: Skip McGrath

Most states charge sales tax on goods sold within their state. A lot of eBay and web site sellers seem to wonder why they need a sales tax number. If you only run a few auctions for used goods you buy at garage sales, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you run several auctions a week, you probably should get one.

There are three reasons for having a state sales tax number (also called a Resale certificate or Resale Number)

It's the law. If you sell goods on eBay or the internet and ship them to someone in your same state, then you have to collect (charge the buyer) sales tax and pay that tax to your state. However, if you sell less than $4 million in annual sales (I think that covers most of us), then you do not have to collect or pay sales tax on sales where you deliver the goods to an out-of-state address. For example, if you live in Virginia and you sell something to someone else in Virginia or to someone out-of-state that asks you to ship it to someone in Virginia, then you need to collect and pay sales tax to the State of VA. But, if you sell the same item to someone in Florida, you can forget all about the tax.

You can purchase items without paying sales tax on them. When you buy something that you plan to resell, you can purchase it without paying sales tax. But it must be for resale. For example you can not buy a new computer to use in your office and not legally pay sales tax. But if you go on Liquidation.com and buy a computer that you plan to sell on eBay, then you can buy it without paying sales tax.

Jake92

Bob can also buy used gas for his car and try to re-use the oil, antifreeze, and anything else he uses in his car.. He can cut down trees for wood to heat his house..

2seaoat

re-use the oil,

I once had a 1965 Rambler American which I used 54 quarts of oil going to Saltillo Mexico. I stopped and bought 10 five gallon containers of oil which was used oil re refined which was cheaper. It got so bad toward the end the only way I could start it was to push it up a hill and get it rolling and kick it in gear. I finally on my way back from mexico threw a rod in front of a junk yard in San Antoinio....pure luck. I got a fair price for the car, but when traveling across the country with this oil burner, I would literally have to scour my body to remove the blow by oil as the car interior was covered with a fine film.........I got the car for fifty bucks and it traveled coast to coast and made every day an adventure....so used oil does come in handy when it is blowing right out of your engine.

Lemonade stands violate many regulations, codes, laws... you missed your calling seagoat.

2seaoat wrote:Know the law....used goods sold should have sales tax collected, and when folks who resale items for a living and fail to pay tax, they are no different than a crook with a gun who robs a little old lady......how do nazis plan to support the party mechanism......donations?

How and Why To Get A State Sales Tax Number
by: Skip McGrath

Most states charge sales tax on goods sold within their state. A lot of eBay and web site sellers seem to wonder why they need a sales tax number. If you only run a few auctions for used goods you buy at garage sales, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you run several auctions a week, you probably should get one.

There are three reasons for having a state sales tax number (also called a Resale certificate or Resale Number)

It's the law. If you sell goods on eBay or the internet and ship them to someone in your same state, then you have to collect (charge the buyer) sales tax and pay that tax to your state. However, if you sell less than $4 million in annual sales (I think that covers most of us), then you do not have to collect or pay sales tax on sales where you deliver the goods to an out-of-state address. For example, if you live in Virginia and you sell something to someone else in Virginia or to someone out-of-state that asks you to ship it to someone in Virginia, then you need to collect and pay sales tax to the State of VA. But, if you sell the same item to someone in Florida, you can forget all about the tax.

You can purchase items without paying sales tax on them. When you buy something that you plan to resell, you can purchase it without paying sales tax. But it must be for resale. For example you can not buy a new computer to use in your office and not legally pay sales tax. But if you go on Liquidation.com and buy a computer that you plan to sell on eBay, then you can buy it without paying sales tax.
So by seaoats reply we can all be assured that people who recycle, you know all those greenies are all NAZI's LMAO

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? - Page 2 Z

Lemonade stand Nazi's! I hate them I tell ya'! Throw em' in jail...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0Rz-uP4Mk

Twisted Evil 

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:How about something really radical......return the tax rates to the same that Ronald Reagan had.......you know that marxist who approved and pushed for immigration reform.   Simple return to tax rates which were fair, where we paid our bills, and our economy grew.
Do you work hard to appear foolish or does it come naturally?

President Ronald Reagan's fiscal policies lead more than TWENTY FIVE YEARS of economic prosperity and low unemployment?

Progressives should remember that the inflation rate was 13.5% when President Reagan took office. As Progressives SHOULD KNOW, that rate hurts low and middle income earners the most. It was 4.14% the year he left office. Thirty year mortgage rates were 16.6% [They reached over 18%] when Reagan took office (Progressives calculate your mortgage balance at THAT rate), how many homes can be sold at 18% interest. It was 10.32% when he left, sky high by today’s standards but a drastic improvement. The Top Tax Rate was 70% when he took office and 28% when he left.

REVENUES, as a result of those cuts nearly DOUBLED in that decade. The National Debt increased, due to Democrat spending, from $900 BILLION to $2.6 TRILLION over EIGHT YEARS. That is a far smaller increase over EIGHT YEARS than President Barack Hussein Obama has done to us in 2 ½ years, PLUS a projected DEFICIT for 2012 of $1.3 TRILLION!

Unemployment was rapidly increasing when Reagan took office and reached an annual average of 9.7% (10.8% November/December of 1982) his second year before the tax cuts went into effect. After the tax rate cuts, unemployment dropped steadily to 5.3% his last year in office.

Why would Progressives…”mislead”… about these FACTS? Think we had forgotten?

cool1

cool1

Well lets see If we killed off the rich----ummm  The rich people buy big homes---so the maids have jobs to clean them--many jobs.

They are able to buy companies -so they can put people to work

Every person whom works --works for the rich guy LOL

Without the rich guy --Or the guy that has money --where would people work Laughing

cool1 wrote:Well lets see If we killed off the rich----ummm  The rich people buy big homes---so the maids have jobs to clean them--many jobs.

Without the rich guy --Or the guy that has money --where would people work Laughing
well everyone would be on welfare then.....Wink and we can all frolick and play and make art things lol

cool1

cool1

Chrissy wrote:
cool1 wrote:Well lets see If we killed off the rich----ummm  The rich people buy big homes---so the maids have jobs to clean them--many jobs.

well everyone would be on welfare then.....Wink and we can all frolick and play and make art things lol

Razz ---make art things!  True though.tongue

cool1 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Razz ---make art things!  True though.tongue
Laughing 

who's going to pay the gov to send those checks?

Im not good at speaking chinese

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Jake92 wrote:Lets just throw out the entire income tax and go with a national sales tax of 15%..  Make it 20% with the extra 5% going to nothing but the national debt..  Imagine what it would be like if the non working giveaway sucking people actually paid something back every time they bought new jewelry, electronics, and clothes..
Imagine what it would be like to have an honest discussion instead of a rehashing of your ridiculous prejudices. It is ignorant to blame people for their own poverty when we know where the money went. What was that giant sucking sound in 2008? Did you miss it?

Jake92

What is wrong with EVERYONE paying their share?????

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What? I was really enjoying your banter, Seaoat, until you came up with this. Please give me one good reason to tax secondhand items...that is certainly no solution and a move in the wrong direction, IMHO.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:How about something really radical......return the tax rates to the same that Ronald Reagan had.......you know that marxist who approved and pushed for immigration reform.   Simple return to tax rates which were fair, where we paid our bills, and our economy grew.

President Ronald Reagan's fiscal policies lead more than TWENTY FIVE YEARS of economic prosperity and low unemployment?

Progressives should remember that the inflation rate was 13.5% when President Reagan took office.  As Progressives SHOULD KNOW, that rate hurts low and middle income earners the most.  It was 4.14% the year he left office.  Thirty year mortgage rates were 16.6% [They reached over 18%] when Reagan took office (Progressives calculate your mortgage balance at THAT rate), how many homes can be sold at 18% interest.  It was 10.32% when he left, sky high by today’s standards but a drastic improvement.  The Top Tax Rate was 70% when he took office and 28% when he left.

REVENUES, as a result of those cuts nearly DOUBLED in that decade.  The National Debt increased, due to Democrat spending, from $900 BILLION to $2.6 TRILLION over EIGHT YEARS.  That is a far smaller increase over EIGHT YEARS than President Barack Hussein Obama has done to us in 2 ½ years, PLUS a projected DEFICIT for 2012 of $1.3 TRILLION!

Unemployment was rapidly increasing when Reagan took office and reached an annual average of 9.7% (10.8% November/December of 1982) his second year before the tax cuts went into effect.  After the tax rate cuts, unemployment dropped steadily to 5.3% his last year in office.

Why would Progressives…”mislead”… about these FACTS?  Think we had forgotten?
Facts, my .....***.....

Here, Markle, a deconstruction of the Reagan years. Might want to reconsider those "facts".

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/02/06/the-disastrous-legacy-of-ronald-reagan-in-charts/

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? - Page 2 IncomeGainsSince1979

The last three decades have seen a monumental decline in virtually every qualitative measurement in America. This can be directly linked to the conservative political paradigm that was ushered into dominance starting with the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980. Stagnant wages, rising costs, decreasing benefits, ballooning national debt, and a loss of freedoms have been the keynote of the Reagan Era. - See more at: http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/02/06/the-disastrous-legacy-of-ronald-reagan-in-charts/#sthash.ytnC6mGQ.dpuf

Nekochan

Nekochan

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Progressives should remember that the inflation rate was 13.5% when President Reagan took office.  As Progressives SHOULD KNOW, that rate hurts low and middle income earners the most.  It was 4.14% the year he left office.  Thirty year mortgage rates were 16.6% [They reached over 18%] when Reagan took office (Progressives calculate your mortgage balance at THAT rate), how many homes can be sold at 18% interest.  It was 10.32% when he left, sky high by today’s standards but a drastic improvement.  The Top Tax Rate was 70% when he took office and 28% when he left.

REVENUES, as a result of those cuts nearly DOUBLED in that decade.  The National Debt increased, due to Democrat spending, from $900 BILLION to $2.6 TRILLION over EIGHT YEARS.  That is a far smaller increase over EIGHT YEARS than President Barack Hussein Obama has done to us in 2 ½ years, PLUS a projected DEFICIT for 2012 of $1.3 TRILLION!

Unemployment was rapidly increasing when Reagan took office and reached an annual average of 9.7% (10.8% November/December of 1982) his second year before the tax cuts went into effect.  After the tax rate cuts, unemployment dropped steadily to 5.3% his last year in office.

Why would Progressives…”mislead”… about these FACTS?  Think we had forgotten?
Facts, my .....***.....  

Here, Markle, a deconstruction of the Reagan years.  Might want to reconsider those "facts".

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/02/06/the-disastrous-legacy-of-ronald-reagan-in-charts/

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? - Page 2 IncomeGainsSince1979

The last three decades have seen a monumental decline in virtually every qualitative measurement in America.  This can be directly linked to the conservative political paradigm that was ushered into dominance starting with the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980.  Stagnant wages, rising costs, decreasing benefits, ballooning national debt, and a loss of freedoms have been the keynote of the Reagan Era. - See more at: http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/02/06/the-disastrous-legacy-of-ronald-reagan-in-charts/#sthash.ytnC6mGQ.dpuf

I think most Americans would be pretty happy about this kind of income growth today.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Drug War, Social Repression, and Incarceration

Where to begin? Let’s start with the colossal failure known as the drug war. Many states had decriminalized marijuana by the 1970s. When the Reagan conservatives came to power, one of their central plans was to force cuts in recreational drug usage (including alcohol). Thus began the Just Say No program and the drug war. Costs quickly spiraled.

- See more at: http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/02/06/the-disastrous-legacy-of-ronald-reagan-in-charts/#sthash.ytnC6mGQ.dpuf

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? - Page 2 US_criminal_justice_cost_timeline

While a Harvard Study claims that legalizing drugs could save $76.8 billion per year, and 53% favor marijuana legalization, there are some vested industries at stake now, particularly the for-profit private prison/security complex who are entrenched in the bureaucratic establishment and hire powerful lobbyists to keep the drug war going...

(much more at site)

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? - Page 2 Bonzo

Sal

Sal

The top 1% has amassed 40% of our nation's wealth, while the bottom 80% hold only 7%.

For every dollar the top .1% amassed in 1980, they held an additional $3 in 2008 - in the same time frame the bottom 90% gained only 1c.

The real value of the minimum wage has fallen $2.77 since 1968.

This is nothing new.

Throughout history, oligarchs have found ways to amass huge amounts of wealth while subjugating and re-subjugating the masses.

But there is always a tipping point where the masses throw off the chains  and bring the oligarchs to their knees.

We are nearing that tipping point now in the United States.

It's time to put some blood on the floors of Wall Street.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? - Page 2 Reaganomics

so the left comes on this thread and all they do is shot out the same old shit about how the wealthy need to pay more.

so FT and Sal, care to tell us what it would look like if you got your wish and sucked all these 1%'rs money away to give to the lower 40?

cant wait to see this.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

First, your assertion in the title is BS...you know it's BS. No one called for killing the rich. Some prosecutions...yes. These are slow in coming. Bank of America has recently paid a penalty for Countrywide, now their subsidiary. JP Morgan Chase has also been fined heavily. Some people have successfully prevailed in the courts on foreclosure issues. But it's not enough.

Meanwhile, even while looking at empirical evidence, you are doing the equivalent of covering your ears and screaming to cover the truth. So, in answer to your question, Chrissy, no...no one can tell you anything. You have your own version that can't be swayed by facts.

Floridatexan wrote:
First, your assertion in the title is BS...you know it's BS.  No one called for killing the rich.  Some prosecutions...yes.  These are slow in coming.  Bank of America has recently paid a penalty for Countrywide, now their subsidiary.  JP Morgan Chase has also been fined heavily.  Some people have successfully prevailed in the courts on foreclosure issues.  But it's not enough.  

Meanwhile, even while looking at empirical evidence, you are doing the equivalent of covering your ears and screaming to cover the truth.  So, in answer to your question, Chrissy, no...no one can tell you anything.  You have your own version that can't be swayed by facts.

You obviously have a perception problem. I do not want to see more of your babbling about reagan, so and so did what.

You know very well about how the left utilizes Class warfare at every turn.

Why dont you tell us what you really want? How much is enough? What will you do when you run off all the BIG BIZ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum