Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beware of these greedy auto repair shops

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I brought my truck down to Bobby Likis to get two tie rod ends replaced and  an alignment upon advice from Tires Plus when I had my oil changed. Not long after I get back to my office I get a call from them saying only one tie end needed to be replaced and my steering rack had to be replaced because it was leaking power steering fluid. The cost: almost a thousand. He says the part costs $479 and labor over $300. Then you have to get a flush $60  and another alignment $79.99. I immediately go online looking up the part and found several for $239-266. When I go to pick up my truck I ask him if they allow bringing your own part. No, he says no garage allows you to do that. I say not true as I have done that in the past and you are charging over $200 extra for the part. He says well I got lights and rent to pay. You can go there. I said  you can bet your ass I will. So I call several other garages for a second opinion and bring my truck there. It is the rack that is leaking but you damn sure can bring your own part and just pay labor. I ordered my AC Delco part online and will pay about $550 in all because the flush comes w/ it and you don't really have to realign it but make sure the points in the rack are a certain way. Firestone wanted almost $1100. I am so tired of greedy people. Oh and they're getting a bad online review from me.

You dont Likis? Oh to bad for them. Yelp them!

Sir BP wrote:You dont Likis? Oh to bad for them. Yelp them!

LOL!

Watcher

Watcher

Several years ago I went to Likis for a car problem. I paid for a diagnostic and they said I needed a new distributor. I went and bought a used one as a new one was hundreds of dollars. Turns out it wasn't the distributor that was the problem but the fuel pump. So because of Likis' bad diagnostic, I spent $90 on a distributor I did not need.
One night the Bobby Likis Show was on BLAB TV and I called up Bobby and told him on the air that I wanted my money back because I'd paid for a diagnostic and they told me the wrong part was bad and that they cost me $90 on a part I did not need. Believe it or not the next day I went to Likis and they gave me my money back on the diagnostic.
I never went there again.

You got off cheap and I'm jealous. Had to call a plumber out today for emergency situation & he charged 300.00! 275 for one hr+25 to drive here!

One hour! grrrr and you gripe bout a lil car repair. How Shameful!

Watcher

Watcher

Dreamsglore wrote:I brought my truck down to Bobby Likis to get two tie rod ends replaced and  an alignment upon advice from Tires Plus when I had my oil changed. Not long after I get back to my office I get a call from them saying only one tie end needed to be replaced and my steering rack had to be replaced because it was leaking power steering fluid. The cost: almost a thousand. He says the part costs $479 and labor over $300. Then you have to get a flush $60  and another alignment $79.99. I immediately go online looking up the part and found several for $239-266. When I go to pick up my truck I ask him if they allow bringing your own part. No, he says no garage allows you to do that. I say not true as I have done that in the past and you are charging over $200 extra for the part. He says well I got lights and rent to pay. You can go there. I said  you can bet your ass I will. So I call several other garages for a second opinion and bring my truck there. It is the rack that is leaking but you damn sure can bring your own part and just pay labor. I ordered my AC Delco part online and will pay about $550 in all because the flush comes w/ it and you don't really have to realign it but make sure the points in the rack are a certain way. Firestone wanted almost $1100. I am so tired of greedy people. Oh and they're getting a bad online review from me.

NEVER ever bring your car to any chain store to get repaired, whether it's Vannoys, Firestone, Big10 Tires. They will rip you off big time. They are just as bad as the dealerships. I used to work in the auto industry and we did business with those chains and saw people getting ripped off right and left every damned day and I couldn't say anything to those people to tell them they were getting reamed.

Sir BP wrote:You got off cheap and I'm jealous. Had to call a plumber out today for emergency situation & he charged 300.00! 275 for one hr+25 to drive here!

Now you got ripped off. Plumber's rates are not $275 and you should never pay for mileage. They claim that on their taxes. You have to call around and see who the ripoff's are. Appliance repair guys are the same. They get their parts from Marconi's and charge you double for the part.Adoni's in Milton tried to do that to me but when he went to get the part I called Marconi's and found out how much the part really was and called him on the way and said I would pay his service charge and got someone else. I still came out cheaper even paying the service charge.

Sir BP wrote:You got off cheap and I'm jealous. Had to call a plumber out today for emergency situation & he charged 300.00! 275 for one hr+25 to drive here!

" I used to work in the auto industry and we did business with those chains and saw people getting ripped off right and left every damned day and I couldn't say anything to those people to tell them they were getting reamed"

Sure you could of said some thing but you kept your damn mouth shut instead.

Wimp.

Watcher

Watcher

Sir BP wrote:" I used to work in the auto industry and we did business with those chains and saw people getting ripped off right and left every damned day and I couldn't say anything to those people to tell them they were getting reamed"

Wimp.

You and gulfbeachbandit must be brothers.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Watcher wrote:
Sir BP wrote:" I used to work in the auto industry and we did business with those chains and saw people getting ripped off right and left every damned day and I couldn't say anything to those people to tell them they were getting reamed"

Wimp.

Someone needs a brain.  Want me to deliver it to you?

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Watcher wrote:

Wimp.

Someone needs a brain.  Want me to deliver it to you?

I hope it's not your brain?

Yella

Yella

A couple of weeks ago my lawnmower wouldn't start. I'm not a mechanic and didn't feel like fooling with it so my daughter and her boyfriend took it to the lawnmower shop next to Peter Kings Ceramics on 12th Avenue in East Hill. They charged $35.00  just to look at it and said it needed  a new carburator, a new belt, a new blade, new gas and air filters and a new spark plug. I said no and gave it to my granddaughter whose hubby is pretty handy. He was happy to get it since he didn't have a mower and he got it running by blowing out the air filter and adjusting the gap the spark plug and sharpened the blade a little. He said he bought a new gas line that was less than $20. So I went back to the lawnmower shop and talked to the manager and told him the whole story and that I thought he should be investigated by the Better Business Bureau. This got his head bolts torqued down a little too tight and he got irate and said he ran an honest business and would like another chance. I said I would never ever darken his door again and before I left I laid this little tidbit on him.
            " A happy customer will tell five people about getting treated fairly but a dissatisfied customer will tell FIFTY people of bad treatment."

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

I take my truck to Fisher's on 29.  I have been pretty happy with then and they allow me to bring my own parts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum