Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants?

+6
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Jake92
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Isnt that the idea behind many of the lefts positions? Give more to non producers. The poor and down trodden. They paint this picture that THEY are the saviors of the poor, the keepers of all "fair and just".

So what would a country look like if the lefties got everything they wanted.

I want to know this vision. I am asking all you lefties to describe to me what your vision is of this. Do not post some long copy and paste from someone else's mind. please use your own vision of this utopia that you seek to place upon all the rest of us.

Jake92

It's very easy to get a preview of it.. Just drive to DC and get on the beltway. There is trash blowing all over along with everything from blown tires to old furniture and appliances, and an occasional old car carcass along the side of the interstate. The weeds and bushes are so high they cover the exit signs on the side of the road.. I've never seen so much trash and garbage on the side of any road, even the road going to the land fill off of 9 Mile Rd.. Thank you DC politicians and ??workers??..

Jake92 wrote:It's very easy to get a preview of it..  Just drive to DC and get on the beltway.  There is trash blowing all over along with everything from blown tires to old furniture and appliances, and an occasional old car carcass along the side of the interstate.  The weeds and bushes are so high they cover the exit signs on the side of the road..  I've never seen so much trash and garbage on the side of any road, even the road going to the land fill off of 9 Mile Rd..  Thank you DC politicians and ??workers??..
Somehow, I don't think that is their vision. It my be the reality of the results.

I sincerely want the lefties here to fully explain what their vision is and how it should work. I don't think they have the balls to tell us. Or maybe they really don't know and just parrot what they are told by the elites.

Jake92

I was answering your question of "So what would a country look like if the lefties got everything they wanted."

Jake92 wrote:I was answering your question of "So what would a country look like if the lefties got everything they wanted."
oh yeah lol you did Smile 

But im sure the left will come along and say that was bushes fault LOL

I once took an economics course in college. The prof said that if we confiscated all the income and wealth of the top 1%, the federal govt would be able to run for only a handful of weeks. This was years ago, when the cost of running the govt was less than it is today. He added that, after taking all the top 1% money, there would be damage to many others, since these top 1% are the owners of businesses, entrpreneurs, who employ many of the workforce. So, many of those in the workforce would lose their jobs after the rich guys were wiped out. The point he was trying to make was that the majority of federal revenue comes from the vast middle class. Taking away the combined fortunes of the wealthy could not sustain our govt for very long.

Jake92

The weeds would have grown a LOT higher and the trash would have been older in the 5 yrs since President Bush left... The newspapers would have had propaganda from pre 2008 if it was from President Bush's time, not pro Obama lies.. LOL

colaguy wrote:I once took an economics course in college. The prof said that if we confiscated all the income and wealth of the top 1%, the federal govt would be able to run for only a handful of weeks. This was years ago, when the cost of running the govt was less than it is today. He added that, after taking all the top 1% money, there would be damage to many others, since these top 1% are the owners of businesses, entrpreneurs, who employ many of the workforce. So, many of those in the workforce would lose their jobs after the rich guys were wiped out. The point he was trying to make was that the majority of federal revenue comes from the vast middle class. Taking away the combined fortunes of the wealthy could  not sustain our govt for very long.
Our forum owner and economist will come along and deny this btw

I fully expect the left to stay away from this thread as I suspect they really do not have anything but parroted ideas.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/shared/minitext/ess_inflation.html

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some. The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security but [also] at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth.

Those to whom the system brings windfalls, beyond their deserts and even beyond their expectations or desires, become "profiteers," who are the object of the hatred of the bourgeoisie, whom the inflationism has impoverished, not less than of the proletariat. As the inflation proceeds and the real value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

2seaoat

How about something really radical......return the tax rates to the same that Ronald Reagan had.......you know that marxist who approved and pushed for immigration reform. Simple return to tax rates which were fair, where we paid our bills, and our economy grew.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:How about something really radical......return the tax rates to the same that Ronald Reagan had.......you know that marxist who approved and pushed for immigration reform.   Simple return to tax rates which were fair, where we paid our bills, and our economy grew.
Well it would depend on which Reagan term you're talking about.
When he entered office, the top income tax rate was 70%. But when he left office it was 28%.

2seaoat

split the difference, but the capital gains were not down to 15% and the estate tax was not basically zero.......the estate tax exclusions have become obscene. We fought King George and the monarchy, yet wealth passes like we lived in a new monarchy.

2seaoat wrote:split the difference, but the capital gains were not down to 15% and the estate tax was not basically zero.......the estate tax exclusions have become obscene.  We fought King George and the monarchy, yet wealth passes like we lived in a new monarchy.
that's all you have to say about the largest tax cut pretty much in history?

2seaoat

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency.

So that is your intelligent answer as to why currency floats in a world market.......did you pass on taking economics in your education? Did you ever learn what the balance of trade does to a currency independent of any government policy which does not control an international free market. When a country loses 50k factories and spends close to 900 billion on foreign oil the balance of trade causes a currency to lose value...comparative advantage is dynamic....however, when that currency hits a certain level, that nation's exports become cheaper and more foreign currency flows into the nation and the currency firms up. When new energy sources are found and oil imports are lessened, the currency firms up....all of these things have little to do with political ideology and much more to do with economics 101, but that course would have to be taken by somebody living in the bubble of political dogma where truth and science cannot pierce the bubble.

Jake92

Lets just throw out the entire income tax and go with a national sales tax of 15%.. Make it 20% with the extra 5% going to nothing but the national debt.. Imagine what it would be like if the non working giveaway sucking people actually paid something back every time they bought new jewelry, electronics, and clothes..

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote:Lets just throw out the entire income tax and go with a national sales tax of 15%..  Make it 20% with the extra 5% going to nothing but the national debt..  Imagine what it would be like if the non working giveaway sucking people actually paid something back every time they bought new jewelry, electronics, and clothes..

Your oligarch masters approve of this message.

2seaoat wrote:Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency.

So that is your intelligent answer as to why currency floats in a world market.......did you pass on taking economics in your education? Did you ever learn what the balance of trade does to a currency independent of any government policy which does not control an international free market. When a country loses 50k factories and spends close to 900 billion on foreign oil the balance of trade causes a currency to lose value...comparative advantage is dynamic....however, when that currency hits a certain level, that nation's exports become cheaper and more foreign currency flows into the nation and the currency firms up. When new energy sources are found and oil imports are lessened, the currency firms up....all of these things have little to do with political ideology and much more to do with economics 101, but that course would have to be taken by somebody living in the bubble of political dogma where truth and science cannot pierce the bubble.
Guess who wrote that essay... and when? Your piecemeal evokation of history doesn't leave us much ground to have a conversation. There's very little going on in this country that is unique... that you ignore that is the bubble. It must be a happy place.

2seaoat

Your political rantings about communism do not change the comparative advantage of a nation........what brought the former soviet union out of bankruptcy in the early 90s......political philosophy, or oil and natural gas. You live in the bubble when you spew silly sophomoric political dogma as a pretext to modern democracy, and try to explain the balance of trade away with silly marxist analogy.......how do you get fresh air into that bubble.....deprivation of fresh air has a tendency to have an impact on gray matter..........thinking that unproductive industry or a nation without energy who needs to import the same will have their currency strengthen if only they adopt a particular political dogma......sorry currency reflects real economic conditions and not secondary considerations of political dogma.....were some of your tennis matches in those new inflatable bubbles.......please find a door....they usually have a sign above which says EXIT.

Jake92 wrote:Lets just throw out the entire income tax and go with a national sales tax of 15%..  Make it 20% with the extra 5% going to nothing but the national debt..  Imagine what it would be like if the non working giveaway sucking people actually paid something back every time they bought new jewelry, electronics, and clothes..
you know, I am in favor of a flat tax and have no issues with additional taxes on luxury items.

Ill go out on a limb and say the harder those try to make everyone equal in the monetary venue, the more unequal they seem to be making people. I like to call that logic. because the left has a weird form of illogical ideas to me.

I think we are seeing the lefts idea of the trickle up economy LOL

aka, the left is trying to make the biz pay, but in reality the people are the ones paying as the money trickles out of our hands into the elites at the top. This is what happens with utopian dreams, they really don't work in real life.

My point is to inflation. The rest of your rant is mental masturbation. If I were drawing comparisons to our current engineered economy... I would be using fascism as an economic model. Ever wonder how that happened?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jake92 wrote:Lets just throw out the entire income tax and go with a national sales tax of 15%
That would greatly benefit me personally. I buy 90% of everything I own second hand which has no tax on it.

Chrissy wrote:Isnt that the idea behind many of the lefts positions? Give more to non producers. The poor and down trodden. They paint this picture that THEY are the saviors of the poor, the keepers of all "fair and just".

So what would a country look like if the lefties got everything they wanted.

I want to know this vision. I am asking all you lefties to describe to me what your vision is of this. Do not post some long copy and paste from someone else's mind. please use your own vision of this utopia that you seek to place upon all the rest of us.

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjWpSconXLJxCJp4i7LtIrEdyD3rQdzpyRYJ-_CSplM6XP1Ba0lQ

The vision...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32O2nqL9FvA

Laughing 

What would happen if we killed off the greedy rich as the left wants? 9k=

The reality...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EC7P5WdUko

Smile 

Jake92

Bob wrote:
Jake92 wrote:Lets just throw out the entire income tax and go with a national sales tax of 15%
That would greatly benefit me personally.  I buy 90% of everything I own second hand which has no tax on it.  
Even your toilet paper?? LMAO

2seaoat

I buy 90% of everything I own second hand which has no tax on it.

Tax dodger......those second hand things if sold should have a sales tax equal to any other item sold.......therein lies part of the problem.....tax dodgers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum