Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something is just very wrong with this picture. It's an aerial photo of a Christian Science Church in Dixon, IL. And it's not a photoshop.

+5
cool1
2seaoat
Markle
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/194ps2ab91bhpjpg/ku-bigpic.jpg

Nekochan

Nekochan

lol! 

I had no idea what to expect before I clicked on the picture.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And I kid you not.  The motto for the church on it's own Facebook page is "Rising Up"...

https://www.facebook.com/ChristianScienceDixon

and you will see this posted to that page...

Something is just very wrong with this picture.  It's an aerial photo of a Christian Science Church in Dixon,  IL.  And it's not a photoshop. Jeremy10

In all honesty,  I feel sorry for these church people.  They could not have had any idea what that would look from the air.  And now just because of bizarre bad luck and through no fault of their own,  their church building and their church will be known for only one thing and it's the last thing they want it to be known for.
I hope they can find some way to disguise it and not have it keep looking like that.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Maybe they can build on a wing to the building or something?
Surely the architect must have known what it would look like from the air?  I mean, it's not like it's just an ordinary run of the mill building plan. There was a lot of thought put into that shape.  lol.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:Pray hard.  LOL
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:
Surely the architect must have known what it would look like from the air?
I don't think so.  I doubt anyone could ever have perceived what that would look like until after the building was completed and it was seen from the air.
It's a modest building and would not have justified the cost of creating a model beforehand.  All anyone probably had to go on was some architectural blueprints and other illustrations as seen from ground level.  And that would not have presented the image of the completed structure as seen from the air.
I don't believe the architect,  the builder or the church people had any idea of what they were doing even after the building was completed because when you see a photo of it at ground level none of this is apparent.
I think they all got the shock of their lives only AFTER someone discovered the google map photo of it and made them aware of it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's not that large but it's an odd shape.  
Ok, I know that sounds funny Shocked , but why would they want that shape for the building--I mean, at the ground level?  Most churches have an obvious, large sanctuary, for the congregation to gather.  But this church is just weird looking, without even talking about what the shape looks like. lol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's what it looks like from ground level.

Something is just very wrong with this picture.  It's an aerial photo of a Christian Science Church in Dixon,  IL.  And it's not a photoshop. 549061_190634917728082_724548921_n

Last edited by Bob on 10/29/2013, 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's actually not a bad looking building, but it doesn't look like a church.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Notice "Rebirth" comes after "Rising UP". The "Rebirth" might have to entail some "Lowering Down". Or at least some camouflaging. Something a little more flacid anyway. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:I think the damn Nazis had something to do with it!!!!
Funny you should mention that.  Notice that this report comes from the Dixon IL newspaper (same town the church is located in).  Is this just a coincidence?

http://www.saukvalley.com/2013/06/14/nazi-unit-leaders-minneapolis-life-prompts-shock/aw7gych/

Well the best take I've ever heard on coincidences comes from one of my all-time favorite movies,  "Charley Varrick".

In the movie story,  a mafia owned bank is robbed.  Maynard Boyle is a representative of the mafia.  And Harold Young is the bank manager.

Maynard Boyle: It's our mafia friends who won't understand. They're gonna wonder why you led them straight to the vault with the money in it, instead of the empty vault in the rear. And frankly, Harold, why did you do that?

Harold Young: Do you know what would have happened if I'd taken those people to an empty vault?

Maynard Boyle: Number one, the money would have been saved, number two there'd be no question of an inside job.

Harold Young:
Inside job?

Maynard Boyle: That's the way their diseased minds work. A bank gets it, bang, they look for a double-cross.

Harold Young: Why couldn't it be just a coincidence?

Maynard Boyle:
Because they don't believe in coincidence!

I told you... Damn!!! posters on this forum are causing world wide issues.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way speaking of the great movie "Charley Varrick",  the line in red below is also in the dialogue...

Maynard Boyle: You need a rest, Harold. A long trip to someplace quiet. Another name, another country.

Harold Young:
I can't start my life over again now.

Maynard Boyle:
You don't have much choice, Harold. They're gonna try to make you tell where the money is. You know what kind of people they are. They're gonna strip you naked and go to work on you with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

Of course that's the line everybody thinks originated with "Pulp Fiction" many years later.
Nah.  Tarantino stole it lock,  stock and barrel from Don Siegel.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damnit now I've got all fixated on Charley Varrick again.
Got me to googling and youtubing.
Joe Don Baker played a great heavy in Charley Varrick and in some scenes stole the movie from a cast of very good actors (including the lead Walter Matthau).

You may remember Baker as Tennessee Sheriff Buford Pusser in "Walking Tall".
While searching youtube for Varrick related videos I ran across this short interview of Joe Don Baker from many years ago. It's pretty good stuff.
And since he mentions Hitler in it it's definitely not off-topic for this forum. lol

Markle

Markle

Looks photo shopped but whatever.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:Looks photo shopped but whatever.
I don't think google photoshops their satellite views,  markle.

Go to google maps,  paste highland ave and west 2nd st,  dixon IL into the search field,  and then click on the satellite view and zoom in.
This is what you'll see.

Something is just very wrong with this picture.  It's an aerial photo of a Christian Science Church in Dixon,  IL.  And it's not a photoshop. Penis13

2seaoat

Most Christian Science reading rooms are open to the public. I had seen the old building in Dixon Il. It was about four blocks from the new Ronald Reagan statute with the President riding a horse. It is a beautiful river front park about five blocks from the new building. If you ever visit Dixon you can enjoy the Presidents boyhood home and see where he hid a quarter under a tile by the fireplace. It is about six blocks from this building. Across the street from the new building is a great farmers market on Saturday afternoons and I have gotten sweet corn there. This is the town which had one of four stops in the summer of 2012 in the Gentleman of the Road concert series by Mumford and son. 15k people enjoying a downtown and a concert......the after party was incredible and the band is simply off the charts.

2seaoat

http://www.presidentsusa.net/reagandixonhorse.html

If you look over the President's shoulder the building in the background which looks like a castle is where the President went to high school, and adjacent to the high school is where the concert was. After the concert 15k people crossed the bridge and filled the downtown area for 6 square blocks where the bands who played in the concerts set up in front of local business.....It had the same fun as Pelican drop with multiple stages and great historical buildings. The river is where Ronald Reagan was said to have saved many people from drowning when he was a local lifeguard in high school. The building was not photo shopped. However, I have not seen the new reading room, and only saw the old reading room which was part of the downtown area where the after party was held.

cool1

cool1

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:Looks photo shopped but whatever.
I don't think google photoshops their satellite views,  markle.

Go to google maps,  paste highland ave and west 2nd st,  dixon IL into the search field,  and then click on the satellite view and zoom in.
This is what you'll see.

Something is just very wrong with this picture.  It's an aerial photo of a Christian Science Church in Dixon,  IL.  And it's not a photoshop. Penis13

lol!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

They knew exactly what it would look like from the air. Ever hear of building plans ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:They knew exactly what it would look like from the air. Ever hear of building plans ?
That may be true.  And they may have had an illustration of what it would look like from above.  But obviously they didn't see the dick and balls or I have to think they would have done something about it.
Or maybe you're right and they're just retarded.  And that wouldn't surprise me either because nothing surprises me about this world anymore.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:They knew exactly what it would look like from the air. Ever hear of building plans ?
That may be true.  And they may have had an illustration of what it would look like from above.  But obviously they did'nt see the dick and balls or I have to think they would have done something about it.
There are a lot of religions that are phallus worshipers...what do you think the Washington Monument is ?

I would say the color of the roof is what helped put it over the edge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum