Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Media talk for markle: The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

more. and this is sourced from TVNewser (which uses Nielsen as it's source).
TVNewser is not political. It just reports the Nielsen ratings...

November 20, 2012
Fox News is continuing to show weakness in its primetime schedule in the wake of President Obama’s reelection. In the eight days since election day MSNBC’s average audience for the key 25-54 year old demographic drew about 8% more viewers than Fox. [Source: TVNewser, weekday Nielsen ratings from 11/7-11/16]

http://www.alternet.org/rachel-maddow-beating-hannity-are-people-finally-catching-fox-news-bs

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:more.  and this is sourced from TVNewser (which uses Nielsen as it's source).
TVNewser is not political.  It just reports the Nielsen ratings...

November 20, 2012  
Fox News is continuing to show weakness in its primetime schedule in the wake of President Obama’s reelection. In the eight days since election day MSNBC’s average audience for the key 25-54 year old demographic drew about 8% more viewers than Fox. [Source:  TVNewser, weekday Nielsen ratings from 11/7-11/16]

[url=http://www.alternet.org/rachel-maddow-beating-hannity-are-people-finally-catching-fox-news-bs]http://www.alternet.org/rachel-maddow-beating-hannity-are-people-finally-catching-fox-news-bs[/url]
Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 FoxRatings

Read more: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/category/ratings/cable-news/

Last edited by Markle on 10/20/2013, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Give me a link to that page,  markle.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Give me a link to that page,  markle.
Please....

I did.

Read more:  NOT from a far left, or right source.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/category/ratings/cable-news/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Uh Oh.

Conservative Group: Replacing Hannity With Kelly A 'Pro-Homosexual' Move

America's Survival, Inc. (ASI), which bills itself as a "public policy organization," said that replacing Hannity with Kelly would be a jump-the-shark moment for the conservative cable news channel.

"Pushing Sean Hannity out of the 9:00 p.m. slot, to make way for pro-homosexual advocate Megyn Kelly, is another sign of the channel's left-ward drift and decline," ASI President Cliff Kincaid said in a press release, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

ASI will detail a study its conducted on Fox's allegedly gay-friendly drift on Aug. 20 at a National Press Club event in Washington, D.C.

The study cites remarks made by Kelly during 2012 interview with a "conservative evangelical pastor" as evidence that the anchor's pro-LGBT leanings.

In the interview, Kelly alluded to America's "long history of discrimination against certain groups" and ultimately wondered what made "gay marriage any different" from previous civil rights struggles.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/conservative-group-replacing-hannity-with-kelly-a-pro-homosexual-move

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:Give me a link to that page,  markle.
Please....

I did.

Read more:  NOT from a far left, or right source.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/category/ratings/cable-news/
from your own source, markle...

CNN CONTINUES TO POST MOST GROWTH IN CABLE NEWS

CNN Has Ratings Gains Across the Board in August while FXNC and MSNBC Shed Viewers Throughout All Dayparts

“New Day” is Up +36% in Total Viewers and +18% in 25-54 Ratings vs. CNN Programming a Year Ago;
AC 360 Ranks Second On Cable News at 8pm

MSNBC’s Flagship Program “The Rachel Maddow Show” Loses 47% of its Audience; FXNC Has Lowest Ratings in a Decade

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/08/27/cnn-continues-to-post-most-growth-in-cable-news/199701/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 8-16-12-2

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 81612-4

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The survey shown in my last two posts was conducted by Pew Research Center...

from wiki...

The Pew Research Center is an American think tank organization based in Washington, D.C. that provides information on social issues, public opinion, and demographic trends shaping the United States and the world. Its president beginning January 2013 is Alan Murray, former deputy managing editor of The Wall Street Journal

Of course The Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert Murdoch and News Corp.
So I doubt we can dismiss that survey as being "liberal progressive" bias.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 8-16-12-2
Do you have something current?  You know, something less than a year old?

Also, what are the demographics of those surveyed?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
That was the last survey of it's kind.
But I wouldn't think it's changed in fox news' favor.  Especially since the latest polls give the republicans such low approval ratings and fox news is so associated with the republican party.

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 8-16-12-2

Also, what are the demographics of those surveyed?
Oh give up,Markle! You've been slapped down. Be a man and take it instead of injecting excuse after excuse.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And you might be surprised to see me say this,  markle, but even though I'm a liberal progressive as you often point out,  I'm actually glad Ted Cruz and the tea party did what they did.  The country is now on a track heading for an eventual borrowing and spending trainwreck.  And fox news was the only voice in the mainstream tv media which didn't try to demonize Cruz and the tea party members of Congress.  If it loses it's voice and all we have left is democrat media that's not a good thing. So I take no satisfaction in this.

Markle

Markle

Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 CableNews10172013

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
But I wouldn't think it's changed in fox news' favor.  Especially since the latest polls give the republicans such low approval ratings and fox news is so associated with the republican party.
We know.

Again, the demographics of the survey please.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
We know.

I can't find any reference to demographics and since it's a national opinion poll I would imagine it's surveying the general population.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Found it.  

"adults 18 years of age or older living in the continental United States"

That's from page 2 in this link...

http://www.people-press.org/2012/08/16/further-decline-in-credibility-ratings-for-most-news-organizations/2/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here are the results of a different Pew survey...

Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 News10

That's precisely why I include Fox News as part of "mainstream media".

As you can see,  Fox News is 2nd on the list.

And what's equally significant is "cable tv news" is by far and away the main source of news among all sources.
That should provide the answer to the question I've been asked a dozen times here:  "why do you watch that shit,  I don't"
I watch it for that reason.  Because it's the main source of "news".  If I don't watch it then I don't have any insight into what people are getting for their "news".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The faith in all news media has been rapidly declining since 1985..

Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 9-22-11-9

2seaoat

Bob,
You did not really try to answer one of Mr. Markle's dilatory requests did you?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
You did not really try to answer one of Mr. Markle's dilatory requests did you?
I'm not sure if I did or not since I don't know what the word dilatory means. I've never heard that word before.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
We know.

I can't find any reference to demographics and since it's a national opinion poll I would imagine it's surveying the general population.
How many were Democrats, Republicans or Independents? As you know, many polls by the main stream media are heavily weighted with Democrats. They then say they made adjustment to balance the survey.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
We know.

It figures our resident Hitler lover resents any criticisms of his favorite media -- the same as he resents the fact that his glorious republican party is terribly broken, with one group of racist oligarchs funding the other. LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

How many were Democrats, Republicans or Independents?  As you know, many polls by the main stream media are heavily weighted with Democrats.  They then say they made adjustment to balance the survey.

The survey was conducted by Pew Research Center, Markle.
If you aren't familiar with Pew Research Center, maybe you are familiar with Newsbusters.
That's the conservative media watchdog. It was founded by Brent Bozell.
Bozell has been a regular (every week) guest on Hannity's Fox News show and on other Fox News programs.

This is from the front page of the Newsbusters website. It lists what it calls "recommended organizations". As you can see, Pew Research Center is recommended by Newsbusters.

Media talk for markle:  The reason Fox News shook up the schedule and bumped Hannity for Megyn Kelly - Page 2 Pew10

http://newsbusters.org/

VectorMan

VectorMan

MEGYN KELLY PULLED OFF SOMETHING MSNBC’S PRESIDENT SAID WAS ‘IMPOSSIBLE’

It turns out Megyn Kelly’s ratings did double on the second night of her primetime Fox News show, despite the president of MSNBC calling it “impossible.”

Phil Griffin actually said there should be “some investigations” after ratings for “The Kelly File” increased 100 percent on the show’s second night.

“Monday we had a really good day in the key demographic, on the night that Fox News debuted their three shows, we either tied or beat them in those hours,” Griffin said last week. “Tuesday–you guys should be doing some investigations–I have never seen it in all my years of cable, same overnight, same everything, and they doubled their ratings in a day? It is impossible.”

The New York Daily News reported that ratings tracker Nielsen conducted an investigation and, sure enough, Kelly’s numbers were accurate.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/15/sorry-msnbc-megyn-kelly-doubled-her-ratings-after-all/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum