Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking stereotypes.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breaking stereotypes. Empty Breaking stereotypes. 10/16/2013, 7:34 am

There is a very interesting article in this month's Sports Illustrated. Since the far-right ultra-conservatives who pollute this forum with their hate/filth/crap love to stereotype people, especially myself, I thought an article showing that the reason stereotyping does not work would be of interest. The article is about American Bob Bradley. No, not the politician of old, but the coach of the Egyptian National Soccer Team.
We all know and have read that the frighty-righties love to stereotype all muslims into one group: people who alll blindly hate America and all Americans. This is total horseshit, of course, but since when have facts gotten in the way of the unadulterated hatred from the conservative right. But, I digress. The article shows that if you go all in the way this manner, you will be accepted. Bradley has gone all in with the Egyptian National team (who remain undefeated in their World Cup 2014 qualifying effort) and the Egyptian people have gone all in with Bradley.
It is a very interesting article that I recommend. Thanks.

2Breaking stereotypes. Empty Re: Breaking stereotypes. 10/16/2013, 7:45 am

If you really want stereotyping to stop... you must stop stereotyping.

3Breaking stereotypes. Empty Re: Breaking stereotypes. 10/16/2013, 7:56 am

cool1

cool1

Exactly

4Breaking stereotypes. Empty thanks, pbum 10/16/2013, 8:02 am

PkrBum wrote:If you really want stereotyping to stop... you must stop stereotyping.
Thanks, p-bum, but if I read actual posts by actual people, then am I guilty?
Perhaps I am sore on this subject presently because of people trying to group me into a certain mold, which I know I do not fit.
Thanks. Interesting perspective.
Did you like the article?

5Breaking stereotypes. Empty Re: Breaking stereotypes. 10/16/2013, 8:14 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Another form of projection through stereo-typing......dumping your own negative qualities on to others....

6Breaking stereotypes. Empty Re: Breaking stereotypes. 10/16/2013, 8:18 am

CarlSagan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:If you really want stereotyping to stop... you must stop stereotyping.
Thanks, p-bum, but if I read actual posts by actual people, then am I guilty?
Perhaps I am sore on this subject presently because of people trying to group me into a certain mold, which I know I do not fit.
Thanks. Interesting perspective.
Did you like the article?
Please do point it out when you see it... I try to do the same. I didn't see a link to the article... but read si everyday... so I'll look forward to reading it later in the morning... Thanks.

7Breaking stereotypes. Empty Re: Breaking stereotypes. 10/16/2013, 8:25 am

I think this about sums up the goal perfectly. Well said.

cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum