Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking Bad may have a spin-off....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/09/11/better-call-saul-the-case-for-and-against-the-breaking-bad-spinoff/?xid=rss-topstories

I like the actor who plays Saul, but I can't really imagine Saul as the central character in a new show. If they definitely produce it, I guess I'll try it out. I'm certainly going to miss Breaking Bad in just a few weeks.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bob Odenkirk is a stand-up comic and wrote for Saturday Night Live for four years.
His Saul Goodman character is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

When he first came on Breaking Bad he kind of reminded me a little of Kevin Costner.

I found out later that he was a stand up comic in a previous incarnation. It's amazing how comedians seem to make really good actors. Steve Martin is excellent, Robin Williams is too.

Sal

Sal

Saul cracks me up.

He's one of the best supporting characters on the show.

I loved Steve Martin as a comedian and when he was acting in comedies.

"The Jerk", "The Man with Two Brains", "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" were all hilarious and stand up well to time.

My son and I watch them and laugh our asses off.

I can't stand him as a straight man.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

I loved Steve Martin as a comedian and when he was acting in comedies.

"The Jerk", "The Man with Two Brains", "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" were all hilarious and stand up well to time.
No Steve Martin filmography should ever leave out Bowfinger.
It is the funniest movie parody of movies ever made. Martin not only acted in it but also wrote it.

And of course his brilliant straight man role in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Hmmm... I like him in both types of roles. He's one of the best physical comedians in movie history.He can convey more with just a certain body motion than a lot of people can with a long monologue.  Alex Guiness and Peter Sellers were two of the earliest comedians that could do that. I understand it takes a certain perfectionism and a lot of hard  work to get that kind of skill.

I'll never forget one scene where Sellers  is going up the stairs with a glass of milk in his hand and a lady asked him the time. All he did was flip his wrist over to look at his watch and poured the milk  out on the floor.  It wouldn't have been funny if anyone else had done it, but the serious expressions he would use could make a dead man laugh.

Of course, Steve Martin's "hat rack" scene might be the funniest thing I've ever seen on  a movie screen, but I don't want to get too nasty on this thread.  I might have gone a little too far on that other thread a couple of days ago.

You've got to admire that kind of talent.  Not too many people have it.

Most people couldn't even get away with it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Of course Saul Goodman is not really the character's name.  He's actually Irish.
He pretends to be jewish because he knows that's what people want lawyers to be.  In his words,  "for the homeboys who want a member of the tribe."

roflmao

Thanks for the clip Bob. I scrolled down to the one of Dean Norris on Conan and he was very funny.  I love Hank's character too. Like they said in the interview, in the beginning he just seemed like a big dummy who always said and did the wrong things at family get-togethers.  Then they expanded him into a very good cop character. This guy has got to be busy. With doing Breaking Bad, plus Under the Dome, and I saw him in a recent movie the other day too. He's really flying high off that one little character. He's a good actor, he deserves whatever comes  to him.

He said he just hopes he's still alive at the end of the series. After last Sunday's episode, I do too. I'm going to hate them if they kill Hank off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum