Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There is something so remarkable about Bayfest in Mobile that it makes my head spin

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Absolutely nothing checked in any way at the gate.
A homegrown terrorist could walk in there with guns,  drugs,  bombs,  or anything else.  If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would never believe it.  I'd say the person like me who is reporting this is exagerrating.  But I aint.

And what's so bizarre,  is how it was the other end of the spectrum at Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores.  There they even looked in my package of cigarettes and removed the cigarettes to make sure I hadn't hid anything bad in the pack.  lol

Why one is one extreme and the other the opposite extreme is one of those mysteries I can't explain.

Bob wrote:Absolutely nothing checked in any way at the gate.
A homegrown terrorist could walk in there with guns,  drugs,  bombs,  or anything else.  If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would never believe it.  I'd say the person like me who is reporting this is exagerrating.  But I aint.

And what's so bizarre,  is how it was the other end of the spectrum at Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores.  There they even looked in my package of cigarettes and removed the cigarettes to make sure I hadn't hid anything bad in the pack.  lol

Why one is one extreme and the other the opposite extreme is one of those mysteries I can't explain.
I don't know, but it would be nice if you could take some pictures of these events and share them with us. Smile 

Im not familiar with either place but could it be the demographic area of the to events?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
I don't know, but it would be nice if you could take some pictures of these events and share them with us. Smile 

Im not familiar with either place but could it be the demographic area of the to events?
Here's a map.  It's in a big part of downtown Mobile.

http://www.bayfest.com/pdf/GeneralSitemap2013.pdf

Last night it was a sea of people.  
google "2013 mobile springfest" and if not already today before long you'll see youtubes of the performances.  Or put it 2012 and you can see what it looks like.

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Here's a map.  It's in a big part of downtown Mobile.

http://www.bayfest.com/pdf/GeneralSitemap2013.pdf

Last night it was a sea of people.  
google "2013 mobile springfest" and if not already today before long you'll see youtubes of the performances.  Or put it 2012 and you can see what it looks like.
bob, I cant be bothered with trying to look up all those pics myself. Im trying to assimilate into the new America where we do as little as possible with maximum benefit Razz 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay.  Well Bayfest and the Hangout Festival are both huge events held in the middle of two municipalities which are only about 35 miles apart.
Think of the Atlantic Olympics and the Boston Marathon.  Where bad people got inside to do great harm to crowds of people.

So the point is,  that to enter one of these things you're checked thoroughly for guns,  drugs,  bombs and alcohol.  And in the other one only 35 miles away,  nobody checkin nothin.
It would be like if you had TSA at the Miami airport but not at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale.

Bob wrote:Okay.  Well Bayfest and the Hangout Festival are both huge events held in the middle of two municipalities which are only about 35 miles apart.
Think of the Atlantic Olympics and the Boston Marathon.  Where bad people got inside to do great harm to crowds of people.

So the point is,  that to enter one of these things you're checked thoroughly for guns,  drugs,  bombs and alcohol.  And in the other one only 35 miles away,  nobody checkin nothin.
alright bob, heres a thought.

maybe the planners of the events are different idealogs? one felt the need to plan to search and seize and the other just thought ah let the people go in and have fun?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:

maybe the planners of the events are different idealogs? one felt the need to plan to search and seize and the other just thought ah let the people go in and have fun?
Yep and after learning how one does it and now how the other does it,  next year I'll probably just go to Bayfest.  Because if I had known I could fill my cargo pants pockets with flasks of alcohol I coulda avoided needing to pay six bucks for those beers.

By the way,  Gallery Night handles entrance security same as Bayfest (no entrance security at either).  So Bayfest aint the only one.
But Gallery Night only charges three bucks for beers god bless em.

If airport security had been a private sector solution... all that invasive crap would prolly be squeezed out by now.

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Yep and after learning how one does it and now how the other does it,  next year I'll probably just go to Bayfest.  Because if I had known I could fill my cargo pants pockets with flasks of alcohol I coulda avoided needing to pay six bucks for those beers.

By the way,  Gallery Night handles entrance security same as Bayfest (no entrance security at either).  So Bayfest aint the only one.
But Gallery Night only charges three bucks for beers god bless em.
I used to love to go to gallery night. nothing I ever loved better is a bunch of artsy tartsies buying me free drinks. Razz 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum