This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
This one is a flaming faggot for sure.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323981304579079492902482638.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
But not to be outdone, Tesla is gonna build a gay car that don't even need people in it.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/09/17/tesla-to-get-in-the-driverless-car-game/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
200 miles whoop de do...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI wrote:200 miles whoop de do...
If it all catches on, and the R&D money is thrown at it in a big way,   in a few more years that range will be 400 or 500 miles.  And you'll be able to power charge it at a lot of "former" gas pumps in ten minutes.

Or of course you can still be buying a V8 and paying these people to fuel it for you.

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla Bush_kisses_saudi_king

And remember, according to your guru, Alex Jones,  the one on the left kissing the other one blew up the World Trade Center.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:200 miles whoop de do...
If it all catches on, and the R&D money is thrown at it in a big way,   in a few more years that range will be 400 or 500 miles.  And you'll be able to power charge it at a lot of "former" gas pumps in ten minutes.

Or of course you can still be buying a V8 and paying these people to fuel it for you.

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla Bush_kisses_saudi_king

And remember, according to your guru,  Alex Jones,  the one on the left kissing the other one blew up the World Trade Center.
Bob do you batteryheads think that electricity just comes from thin air ? It comes from BURNING something at least gasoline powered cars remove one wasteful step.

2seaoat


do you batteryheads think that electricity just comes from thin air ? It comes from BURNING something at least gasoline powered cars remove one wasteful step.


The number of windmills I am see would definitely suggest that not all electricity involves burning something.

Guest


Guest
I used a little windmill to charge my boat batteries this year... I think I can do this for several things in my cabin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
ALL internal combustion engine vehicles burn petroleum products. And 40% of all the petroleum products we consume are imported, With much of it coming from the persian gulf.

99% of the electricity we consume is made from American fuel.


TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Bob wrote:ALL internal combustion engine vehicles burn petroleum products. And 40% of all the petroleum products we consume are imported, With much of it coming from the persian gulf.

99% of the electricity we consume is made from American fuel.


Bob wake up call...this is NOT America IT is a global profit center...IF there is oil pumped out of our ground it will go to wherever it will bring the most profit. All that patriotism is just window dressing...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
That's the biggest load of baloney you've ever posted here.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about "patriotism". It doesn't have a thing to do with me having any patriotism.

For the last half century the government we're all forced to live under has created a monumental clusterfuck in the Persian Gulf. That foreign policy has thrown trillions of the national treasury down the same hole that aforementioned rat came out of. It's propped up dictators and occupied countries and started wars and caused so much death and destruction that it's helped to create a whole region full of religious fanatics who turned to a gutter religion which wants to kill us all.
And it was all to keep that fucking oil flowing because our economy is held hostage to it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
And I don't have any goddamn allegiance to electricity. Make use of the natural gas we have in such abundance for transportation fuel for all I care.
I just want to see us stop giving more than a third of a trillion dollars to fucking OPEC every year.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
I just wish I'd had enough sense to buy this fucking stock six months ago when it was $30/share.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=TSLA+Interactive#symbol=tsla;range=6m;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
You better go back and watch NETWORK again Bob. All that anger is just a psyop to keep Americans stirred up against other countries so the elites can have their profit wars. Don't you realize that every war wastes BILLIONS of gallons of petroleum products. That glut back on the market would drive gas down to 50 cents a gallon. War serves many purposes though. It makes the populace pliable and controllable for the war effort. We cut our politicians slack and they can spend like there is no tomorrow. We both went through the cold war and what was that all about looking back ? Controlling the people with FEAR and robbing them of soooo much blood and wealth. It's very complex and your little D cell toy isn't going to change anything. They will soon tax us all per mile to make up for the losses on gas taxes...Thanks a lot Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI wrote: your little D cell  toy
I guess you must be using a cellphone or a laptop or a tablet which has a gasoline engine in it. Because if not, you're using the little "toys" as much as I am. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote: your little D cell  toy
I guess you must be using a cellphone or a laptop or a tablet which has a gasoline engine in it.  Because if not,  you're using the little "toys" as much as I am.  lol
Okay I should have said a modified golf cart.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Okay I should have said a modified golf cart.
Comparing this...

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla Tesla-roadster

...to this...

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla Tumblr_lr9fqipCKY1qkp0jpo1_500

is like comparing this...

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla Bleriot_XI_Flying

...to this...

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla Raptor_hr

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
But you drive an egg on wheels right ?

Government Motors to build a super gay car to compete head to head with Tesla Funny-10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI wrote:But you drive an egg on wheels right ?
I drive one of the most well-engineered cars ever made which gets 50 miles per gallon.  My car is bisexual.  It's propelled by both a gas engine and an electric motor.  And millions around the world are driving the same car.

The thing I love more than anything else about it is how I can get out of the car in the summer when I'm running errands and keep the air-conditioning on while I do without using gasoline (OR buying electricity either).

Another thing I love about it is how the regenerative braking absorbs the friction from braking and makes the brake pads and rotors last and last without needing a brake job.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:But you drive an egg on wheels right ?
I drive one of the most well-engineered cars ever made which gets 50 miles per gallon.  My car is bisexual.  It's propelled by both a gas engine and an electric motor.  And millions around the world are driving the same car.

The thing I love more than anything else about it is how I can get out of the car in the summer when I'm running errands and keep the air-conditioning on while I do without using gasoline (OR buying electricity either).

Another thing I love about it is how the regenerative braking absorbs the friction from braking and makes the brake pads and rotors last and last without needing a brake job.
Cool...you know I am just razzing you right ?  I would love to see us move to all electric cars that ran off some kind of grid but that is a ways off, and excited pioneers like you will help the effort.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
With my car,  I never have to insert or turn an ignition key.  
It has no need for a starter or an alternator.

It has a belt-less engine.

I can get going quicker in it when it's cold than I can a conventional car. Power up takes couple seconds. Flip it in gear, go.  No need to let it sit to get the oil circulating first.

When I come to a traffic jam and have to drive slowly or start and stop and start again,  the mileage actually goes up.  Because then the electric motor is propelling the car and not the gas engine.

I will have longer engine life due to the start-up process spinning the engine to a faster speed and waiting for oil-pressure prior to fuel & spark.



Last edited by Bob on 9/19/2013, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
Andrew Grant of Vancouver is widely considered to be the first taxi driver to use a hybrid, having begun driving a 2001 Toyota Prius taxi all the way back in the year 2000. He ended up putting 200,000 miles on it. He then put 240,000 miles on a 2004 Prius—with no failures in any of its hybrid drivetrain parts (including the traction battery). Both of his cars went back to Toyota to be studied so that future models will be even more reliable. Today, Vancouver and many other cities are teeming with hybrid taxis, saving taxi companies millions of gallons of fuel per year.

http://michaelsullivancopywriter.writersresidence.com/samples/hybrid-battery-life-good-for-the-long-haul

I can vouch for that last part. In all of the big cities I've visited over the last two years I've seen hordes of Prius taxis.

Guest


Guest
I have to admit that I just bought my 16 y/o niece a prius for her birthday. I even did alot of thinking prior.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
PkrBum wrote:I have to admit that I just bought my 16 y/o niece a prius for her birthday. I even did alot of thinking prior.
Damn. You are a very generous uncle.
So how do you like it so far?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
One tip for you and her both,  Pkr.

The Prius (at least up to the 2007 model) has one pecularity that a conventional car doesn't have that I had to get used to.  And it almost caused me some grief and I don't want that to happen to your niece.

As you already know,  you turn a Prius off and on by pushing a button.  You don't turn an ignition key.  The car senses whether or not the key is on your person (pocket or purse).

So here's what was happening to me in the beginning.  When I was ready to turn the car off and exit it,  I would push that button.
BUT,  I had a tendency not to always push the button firmly.  And when that happened the car did not turn off.
Since you're not hearing a gas engine turn off (it had already turned off when I stopped the car),  I didn't get the normal cue that the car was actually turned off.  And when the car is NOT turned off,  and  your foot is NOT on the brake,  the car will want to slowly idle forward (like most all cars).

Here is what happened on two occasions.

One,  I was parking at the City Grocery on 12th Ave.  This is straight in parking.  Right in front of the parking spaces,  the City Grocery has patio tables on the sidewalk for the customers.  
The car kept moving toward the customers (seated about five feet in front of the car).  IF there had not been a parking barrier at the front of the parking space,  I would have put those customers in the hospital.

One another occasion,  I stopped the car in front of someone's house and parallel parked on the street.  And when I did,  I pushed the button and exited the car.  
After I got out of the car I looked back and the car was moving towards a truck parked in front of it.  I had to catch the car,  open the door,  and jump in and stop it.  And it had gotten about one foot away from hitting the rear of the truck.

After a few months,  I got in the habit of ALWAYS doing something before I get out of the car which ensures this won't happen.  When I push the on/off button,  I always look at the electronic display on the dash.  Because when you see that display go off,  then you know for certain the car has turned off.

Guest


Guest
Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I have to admit that I just bought my 16 y/o niece a prius for her birthday. I even did alot of thinking prior.
Damn. You are a very generous uncle.
So how do you like it so far?
I love it... lol. So does she. I drove it home from an hour away and was so preoccupied pushing buttons it seemed like five mins. It was also remarkably comfortable and solid feeling for a small car. Thanks for the tip above... it's an 09... but I'll warn her.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum