Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

James vs Jordan - The Definitive Head-to-Head Comparison

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

NBA Championships

For any elite athlete, the regular season is merely a warm-up for the playoffs, and all that ultimately matters is winning titles. With a lopsided six-to-two advantage, Jordan easily trumps James when it comes to championships.

Regular Season MVP Awards

With four MVP awards to Jordan’s five, James is still trailing in this metric, but if he continues at his current level of play, it’s almost impossible to imagine a scenario where he won’t come out on top.

Consecutive dribbles without bouncing ball off foot

On average, James can dribble the ball 11 times in a row without bouncing it off his foot, which is two times more than Jordan. However, Jordan set the NBA all-time record of 33 consecutive dribbles in 1996, which dwarfs James’ personal best of 16.

Pen caps in mouth (regular season)

Leading by a narrow margin of 19.1 to 18.8, James has, on average, fit more pen caps in his mouth at a single time than Jordan during regular-season play.

Pen caps in mouth (playoffs)

Despite lagging behind James in this statistic during the regular season, Jordan proves himself here as the ultimate postseason performer, besting James 29.4 to 21.

Crab-walk field goal percentage

Shooting from a crab-walking position, Jordan’s field goal percentage bests James’, .322 to .301.

Gratitude whistles per game

The two stars measure identically here, with Jordan and James each averaging 4.2 instances per game of referees rapturously blowing on their whistles to express their gratitude at how well they’re playing basketball.

Rookie of the Year Awards

James dominates Jordan in this category, with a total of four Rookie of the Year awards to MJ’s one.

Cock

With a flaccid length measurement of 12.6 cm and a mid-shaft circumference of 7.2 cm, James’ cock exceeds Jordan’s by 24 percent in total surface area.

Good deed stickers

Jordan amassed over 100 of these during his storied career (who can forget the iconic moment from the ’92 Finals when he called timeout so no one would step on Horace Grant’s glasses?), but at 71 good deeds, James isn’t far behind.

Jump-so-high-you-get-stuck-on-the-backboard-and-the-firemen-have-to-get-you-down

In this metric, Jordan comes out with 13 career total JSHYGSOTBATFHTGYDs, versus a current career tally of eight for James.

Free T-shirts

There are few stronger indicators of success than how much free stuff people give you. LeBron has already been given 12 free T-shirts in his career, easily eclipsing MJ’s total of eight. However, adjusting equivalency to account for statistical discrepancies between eras of play, Jordan’s true T-Shirt Average would put him closer to 13.

Glands

LeBron James has more glands than Michael Jordan.

Forehead brilliance

The lustrous sheen on both men’s sweaty foreheads is undoubtedly mesmerizing, but when graded in terms of brightness, polish, cloudiness, and incandescence, Jordan’s earns an official rating of FL (flawless), whereas, when inspected beneath 10x magnification, James’ forehead reveals signs of blemish and grain irregularity, earning him a lower score of VSF (very slightly flawed).

Dunks so powerful that the ball screams

Early in his career, Jordan excelled at dunking so powerfully that a mouth would appear on the ball and begin screaming, but this skill diminished in his later seasons, leaving him with a career average of 1.6 instances per game. James currently holds the lead at 3.1 instances per game, but expect this number to wane in coming seasons.

Tongue rebounds

LeBron’s prowess for tongue rebounds largely overshadows Jordan’s, with King James successfully shooting his tongue out like a frog to grab loose balls nearly twice as many times per game as His Airness.

Catchphrase

Jordan’s catchphrase (“The net is hungry for balls, and Chef Michael’s gonna fill up its tummy!”) on average earned 9.3 percent more applause than James’ (“Looky here, it’s time for a big slam dunk!”).

VERDICT:

As you can see, each player has put up legendary numbers during his career, but ultimately, Jordan still comes out on top as the greatest basketball player of all time. But LeBron’s still going strong, and until he retires, the ball’s still up in the air.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/lebron-james-vs-michael-jordan-definitive-head-hea-1339

2seaoat

Jordan was in another galaxy. He was the best basketball player to play the game. James has just now made the top ten. It is a long journey for him to even get to top five. I will say this. The talent in the NBA has NEVER been as good as it is right now.

If my life depended on one game... james might make the end of the bench. Jordan plays every minute.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Love Michael Jordan.

Sal

Sal

That thing flying over your heads is not an errant pass, it's the point.

Here's a hint - comparing players from different eras is pointless and ridiculous.

2seaoat

That thing flying over your heads is not an errant pass, it's the point.

Here's a hint - comparing players from different eras is pointless and ridiculous.

I caught the sarcasm of the original post. It did not fly over my head. Yes, there will always be comparisons. I would agree with you 100% if we were making a hundred year comparison. I might even agree with you on a fifty year comparison, but Jordan played against Kobe, and Kobe played against James.....WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LESS THAN 20 YEARS.....again.....Jordan stands alone, and I love the way James plays and have seen both play in person. NO COMPARISON!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Basketball IQ:  James

Ball handling: James

Passing:  James

Size:  James

Speed:  James

Acceleration:  James

Character:  James

Coachability:  James

Defense:  Push

Scoring:  Jordan

Supporting cast:  Jordan

Hall of fame coach:  Jordan

Couldn't make it out of the first round until getting the best #2 man of all time, best coach of all time, best 3-pt shooter of all time, and eventually the best rebounder of all time:  Jordan

Made the NBA finals with no-names and Mike Brown at the age of 21:  James

2seaoat

When James has six championship rings we will start looking at comparisons.....but right now he is Dr. J.......Karl Malone.........a very good player who has yet to show he can win at crunch time. Please do not talk about who played with Michael.......he did not pick and choose the same......Mr. James has......and well quite honestly.........he just cannot get it done with all those he has chosen. His two championships happened when the East was historically weak, and the best team in the East was missing the MVP player. If he wins the Championship this year, I think your argument gains much credence......but right now it is ramblings of a fan who is in love with a very good player.....he is an exceptional top 10 player of all time, but when he is not even in the top five.......as Cher said .......SNAP out of it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:When James has six championship rings we will start looking at comparisons.....

2seaoat wrote:Please do not talk about who played with Michael.......

So you want to look at rings as the chief deciding factor while also ignoring the supporting cast?

Is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino?

Cleveland sucked before LeBron, was great with LeBron, and then sucked without LeBron.

Miami sucked before LeBron, was great with LeBron, and now sucks without LeBron.

The Bulls sucked before Jordan, sucked with Jordan, were great with Jordan and HOF supporting cast, and continued to be great without Jordan and HOF supporting cast.

Sal

Sal

Well, this thread didn't go where I intended.

lol

2seaoat

For five years it was Kobe to Jordan comparisons........Kobe is going to be a top ten basketball player and he has the rings.....he has the stats.......but he could not even dominate his era. Like James there are better players year in and year out over James. James is probably barely top 10 this year in the NBA.....Kobe is probably not in the top 10 because of injuries........there are so many players who are simply playing better than James....RIGHT NOW......so how can anybody who is sane compare a player who cannot even dominate their era to Jordan. Right now the last five years has been the Tim Duncan Era.......James has always been top five in the NBA while playing, but now he cannot even crack top ten........silly comparison, and I will begin listening to your insanity if he wins this year and next year. If he does not, he and Dr. J can do a commercial.......great players who were not like Mike.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Well, this thread didn't go where I intended.

lol

Of course not.

2seaoat

I did not comment on your insane specific comparison list between Jordan and James......but would sum it up with Defense......a push?

Ok.......snap out of it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:James is probably barely top 10 this year in the NBA....

You're smoking crack.  There isn't a player in the league that could step into Cleveland and turn that into a playoff team that could make it out of the first round, which is what Cleveland currently is.  

Just a few weeks ago, Lebron sat out for 9 games.  Cleveland lost 8 of those 9.  Then Lebron returned.  They have only lost 2 of their last 16 since.  There isn't a player in the NBA that would have that impact on a team.  Jordan didn't have that impact on a team.  No player from Jordan's era had that impact on a team.

Jordan couldn't step into a dumpster fire and make them great.  Jordan - alone - isn't enough to get out of the first round of the playoffs.  Lebron - alone - is.  That really is the end of the discussion right here.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:James is probably barely top 10 this year in the NBA....

You're smoking crack.  There isn't a player in the league that could step into Cleveland and turn that into a playoff team that could make it out of the first round, which is what Cleveland currently is.  

Just a few weeks ago, Lebron sat out for 9 games.  Cleveland lost 8 of those 9.  Then Lebron returned.  They have only lost 2 of their last 16 since.  There isn't a player in the NBA that would have that impact on a team.  Jordan didn't have that impact on a team.  No player from Jordan's era had that impact on a team.

Jordan couldn't step into a dumpster fire and make them great.  Jordan - alone - isn't enough to get out of the first round of the playoffs.  Lebron - alone - is.  That really is the end of the discussion right here.

Damn I thought basketball was a team sport!

2seaoat wrote:I did not comment on your insane specific comparison list between Jordan and James......but would sum it up with Defense......a push?

Ok.......snap out of it.

The supporting cast comparison is delusion too... he has no idea what he's talking about.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I did not comment on your insane specific comparison list between Jordan and James......but would sum it up with Defense......a push?

Ok.......snap out of it.

The supporting cast comparison is delusion too... he has no idea what he's talking about.

You have that backwards. What I am saying is perfectly consistent with reality and the numbers. I see the numbers and then cater my opinion to reality. In contrast, you pull ideas out of your ass and then spend most of your time evading or being intentionally vague enough so as not to blow your cover.

The Bulls in 92-93 (With Jordan): 57 - 25
The Bulls in 93-94 (Without Jordan): 55 - 27

The net effect of Jordan on that Bulls team was 2 wins. One more time, 2 wins. Put another way, Jordan's supporting cast consisted of a 55 win team - by themselves.

The Cavs in 09-10 (With Lebron): 61 - 21
The Cavs in 10-11 (Without Lebron): 19 - 63

The net effect of Lebron on that Cavs team was 42 wins. Put another way, Lebron's supporting cast was a lottery team.

2seaoat

Ahhhhh.....thank you for logically making my argument so clear. Michael Jordan won playoff games and Championships. When he left with everybody else but him there......they could not get it done at crunch time. James whether he surrounds himself with as you say lottery picks, hand picked all stars, or returns to Cleveland with an All star and draws an All Star cannot get it done in the playoffs. Again, in the regular season for two years a injured Bull team had a better record in the regular season in the weakest East Division in the history of that division than Miami and in his four tries with all stars......he could not win but twice to an injured Bulls team which never would have let Miami out of the Eastern Division. You see the regular season record is important....we agree, but the Bulls who were injured and let Miami slip by twice to get to the finals were EXACTLY like the Bulls without Jordan.....incapable of winning the big games. In the End....the very point I have been making is that no matter how many all stars surround James, it is HE who consistently fails at crunch time......in Cleveland his first time, in Miami, and as last night clearly demonstrated in Cleveland yet again........Michael Jordan could have had eight consecutive championships if his father had not been shot and he decided to play baseball. James could probably have the Eastern Division first team surrounding him.......and he would find a way to fail. The Bulls without Michael.....could not get it done. Miami will limp into the playoffs and will probably go further than Cleveland. Snap out of it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Ahhhhh.....thank you for logically making my argument so clear.  Michael Jordan won playoff games and Championships.  When he left with everybody else but him there......they could not get it done at crunch time.   James whether he surrounds himself with as you say lottery picks, hand picked all stars, or returns to Cleveland with an All star and draws an All Star cannot get it done in the playoffs.   Again, in the regular season for two years a injured Bull team had a better record in the regular season in the weakest East Division in the history of that division than Miami and in his four tries with all stars......he could not win but twice to an injured Bulls team which never would have let Miami out of the Eastern Division.   You see the regular season record is important....we agree, but the Bulls who were injured and let Miami slip by twice to get to the finals were EXACTLY like the Bulls without Jordan.....incapable of winning the big games.  In the End....the very point I have been making is that no matter how many all stars surround James, it is HE who consistently fails at crunch time......in Cleveland his first time, in Miami, and as last night clearly demonstrated in Cleveland yet again........Michael Jordan could have had eight consecutive championships if his father had not been shot and he decided to play baseball.   James could probably have the Eastern Division first team surrounding him.......and he would find a way to fail.  The Bulls without Michael.....could not get it done.  Miami will limp into the playoffs and will probably go further than Cleveland.  Snap out of it.

You missed my point entirely. James has never had the luxury of playing for a 55 win team led by the greatest coach of all time. Jordan, on the other hand, had that for the majority of his career.

If Jordan were dealt what James was dealt, Jordan would never have sniffed even one ring, much less the finals. Because, again, Jordan couldn't make it out of the first round until getting the greatest #2 man of all time and the greatest coach of all time. We could put Lebron anywhere and he will at least advance past the first round of the playoffs. Jordan couldn't do that. No one from Jordan's era could do that.

Lebron is about to take a rookie NBA coach and a group of guys who have never seen the playoffs, not only to the playoffs, but deep into the playoffs...in the first year of assembling the team.

Again, Jordan couldn't do that and no one from Jordan's era could do that.

Even Pippen - a guy who probably has the best understanding of Jordan's game - agrees with me.

2seaoat

I apologize for the wrong post to a thread.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 2/13/2015, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Ahhhhh.....thank you for logically making my argument so clear.  Michael Jordan won playoff games and Championships.  When he left with everybody else but him there......they could not get it done at crunch time.   James whether he surrounds himself with as you say lottery picks, hand picked all stars, or returns to Cleveland with an All star and draws an All Star cannot get it done in the playoffs.   Again, in the regular season for two years a injured Bull team had a better record in the regular season in the weakest East Division in the history of that division than Miami and in his four tries with all stars......he could not win but twice to an injured Bulls team which never would have let Miami out of the Eastern Division.   You see the regular season record is important....we agree, but the Bulls who were injured and let Miami slip by twice to get to the finals were EXACTLY like the Bulls without Jordan.....incapable of winning the big games.  In the End....the very point I have been making is that no matter how many all stars surround James, it is HE who consistently fails at crunch time......in Cleveland his first time, in Miami, and as last night clearly demonstrated in Cleveland yet again........Michael Jordan could have had eight consecutive championships if his father had not been shot and he decided to play baseball.   James could probably have the Eastern Division first team surrounding him.......and he would find a way to fail.  The Bulls without Michael.....could not get it done.  Miami will limp into the playoffs and will probably go further than Cleveland.  Snap out of it.

You can not ignore the opponents Jordan faced.

2seaoat

You can not ignore the opponents Jordan faced.

A very good post. Granted there is more talent in the NBA right now than has ever existed, but the playoff teams the last five years have been abysmal. Granted we cannot make valid comparison with past generations, but clearly these were historic weak teams in the playoffs. Even last years San Antonio team was not even close to Duncan's best teams.......James in the East in particular has had historic weak teams in the playoffs which were beaten by Miami to get in the finals. In those five years he could only get it done twice.....twice.....at the prime of his career, which last night clearly shows is a descending career. As Kobe stated in his interview last night he does not have the physical attributes he once had, but he can adjust and play still at a high level......it is becoming more and more clear that James is going to have a difficult time making the transition as he has obviously slowed down on defense the last two years, and his excellent passing historically was connected to a very high level of athleticism which sadly was obvious last night is slipping away.

NBA finals... Lebron 2/5 (w a lucky win two years ago) Jordan 6/6 6 mvps. Its not even close when it matters most.

2seaoat

NBA finals... Lebron 2/5 (w a lucky win two years ago) Jordan 6/6 6 mvps. Its not even close when it matters most.

Exactly, James is the Dr. J of his time.....Kobe dominated him the first five years of his career, and about 10 players are dominating him now. Dr. J was cool. James is cool. Dr. J and James are not like Mike.

polecat

polecat

Dr. J
Because he did it with a frow

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum