Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dreams, what are these people called?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Role Description
Pfizer Drug Safety Research & Development (DSRD) in Andover, MA has an opening in the Investigative Pathology Laboratory for a pathology scientist at the R3 Scientist or R4 Senior Scientist level. This position is part of a multidisciplinary team tasked with providing key morphologically-based gene expression data generation and interpretation to facilitate understanding of the biology of novel therapeutic targets as well as the mechanisms of drug induced toxicity. The successful applicant will be involved in developing histo-technical methods (i.e., in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, laser capture microdissection/RT-PCR, etc.) to localize and quantify molecular targets in tissue sections from preclinical and clinical studies, and will deliver results to toxicologic pathologists and discovery research colleagues supporting Pfizer’s Biotherapeutics Research Units in a highly collaborative environment

http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=93958309e9f58b26&q=histology&tk=185s7u7qg06ag04s&from=ja&alid=85dabd7808113b18&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts

and these people, how about these?

Forensic Autopsy Technician Senior Supervisor, Western District (ME029)
Dept of Health - Roanoke County, VA
Position located in the Western District (Roanoke) Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Full time position with benefits. Hours to include weekends and holidays. Work directly with the Assistant Chief Medical Examiners (forensic pathologists) to oversee all morgue operations. Under their direction, assist the forensic pathologists in the completion of autopsies. Admit and release bodies in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations and provide leadership to other forensic technicians and support staff. Under the supervision of the forensic pathologist, photograph; x-ray bodies for identification; collect and preserve evidence; collect and retain tissue and body fluids. Under supervision of the forensic pathologist assist with some histology processing. Oversee morgue supply ordering and inventory. Under supervision of forensic pathologist, perform scheduling of morgue and security personnel. Oversee maintenance of equipment. Oversee maintenance and fueling of state vehicles.

Minimum Qualifications
Must possess working knowledge of anatomy, evidence collection, chain of custody, assisting with autopsies, morgue operations, and confidentiality through direct experience or equivalent education. Must have considerable documented experience as a supervisor.
http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=d34a1b41a93f6728&q=histology&tk=185s7u7qg06ag04s&from=ja&alid=85dabd7808113b18&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts

Razz 

None of which are you. One is a high level scientist and the other is a forensic technician who assists a pathologist. Had you said you assist in autopsies it would have been a different matter but you said you did autopsies. Not the same and as a matter of fact this came up before and you actually had the nerve to say you actually did the autopsy which would have been illegal.

lol! 

You gave me my laugh for the day. Thanks

I qualify for both of those jobs. Cool 

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:

I qualify for both of those jobs.
And, yet you don't know the difference between helium and hot air.

Scary stuff.

Here's a hint;

One's an inert gas and chemical element, and the other is what you are constantly emitting from your pie hole.

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I qualify for both of those jobs.
And, yet you don't know the difference between helium and hot air.

Scary stuff.

Here's a hint;

One's an inert gas and chemical element, and the other is what you are constantly emitting from your pie hole.
right... right..... because that reply I was posting was a literal comment.Rolling Eyes 

Thats all you got?

lol! 

You would not be hired for the first job although they say minimum is a BS. but a preferred is a masters. Most R4 scientists have a Phd. which you don't even possess a master's. The second job for the forensic tech doesn't even designate any educational levels so I assume a two yr. degree will do so yes you would quailfy as a "tech" in that job. You would not being doing autopsies as you describe but assisting.

Dreamsglore wrote:You would not be hired for the first job although they say minimum is a BS. but a preferred is a masters. Most R4 scientists have a Phd. which you don't even possess a master's. The second job for the forensic tech doesn't even designate any educational levels so I assume a two yr. degree will do so yes you would quailfy as a "tech" in that job. You would not being doing autopsies as you describe but assisting.
Dreams, I qualify for that job, they sent me that request this morning in my email. Razz 

But I know, you know more about how my profession works than me now LOL

no stress

no stress

whats the money like?

Gunz wrote:whats the money like?
in my position its good. ive turned down a few research positions over the years because they don't pay as well and often the jobs are gone when the grant money is gone. I don't like that idea. I need stability. the last research position I turned down paid $25 an hour maxed out.

My son in law pays his office manager $25 an hour and she's a high school graduate. My daughter's a dental hygenist and she makes more than $25 an hour w/ only three years of school so that's not really great money.

Dreamsglore wrote:My son in law pays his office manager $25 an hour and she's a high school graduate. My daughter's a dental hygenist and she makes more than $25 an hour w/ only three years of school so that's not really great money.
Thats surprising for a dental assistant. and good pay for a office manager. but like I said, I agree with you, its not good enough for me and that why I turned those jobs down.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:My son in law pays his office manager $25 an hour and she's a high school graduate. My daughter's a dental hygenist and she makes more than $25 an hour w/ only three years of school so that's not really great money.
I fight fire for a living dreams and don't make that after 27 years and a degree, so in my book its fantastic money. Especially just starting

Gunz wrote:
    I fight fire for a living dreams and don't make that after 27 years and a degree, so in my book its fantastic money. Especially just starting
She's a snob. That's why I like poking her. pirat 

I'm not a snob. I work w/ the homeless everyday.

LOL

Chrissy wrote:
Thats surprising for a dental assistant. and good pay for a office manager. but like I said, I agree with you, its not good enough for me and that why I turned those jobs down.
She's not a dental assistant. She's a hygenist-great difference. She had to take boards and be licensed. It is good pay for an office manager but she had been there for many years before my son in law took over the practice.

LOL

pirat 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum