Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
2seaoat
VectorMan
Ghost Rider
TEOTWAWKI
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

I haven't been a republican since 2002. Can you seriously discount everything we've countered with out of hand?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I haven't been a republican since 2002. Can you seriously discount everything we've countered  with out of hand?

Aha. So you not only deny climate change, but you deny your political lean as well!

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I haven't been a republican since 2002. Can you seriously discount everything we've countered  with out of hand?
Aha. So you not only deny climate change, but you deny your political lean as well!
My political lean makes the republicans and the tea party look like the bolsheviks. Nice question dodge tho.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm not dodging. It's just that I see no point in trying to convince someone of something if the consensus of the world scientific community isn't enough for them. There is really nothing to that that I can add.

Sal

Sal

The consensus of the scientific community is nothing compared to someone with the heft required to get through "Atlas Shrugged".

lol

Watcher

Watcher

Sal wrote:The consensus of the scientific community is nothing compared to someone with the heft required to get through "Atlas Shrugged".

lol
lol! 

I think independently... the consensus under the united nations doesn't impress me. I'm glad it's all you need...

it must be a warm cozy safe place to exist. I won't bother y'all again if nothing I've said makes any sense to you.

2seaoat

I won't bother y'all again if nothing I've said makes any sense to you.

It is not your fault.....I have gotten much slower in my reading skills and comprehension. If it is not simple, truthful, and logical, I simply remain confused.

2seaoat wrote:I won't bother y'all again if nothing I've said makes any sense to you.

It is not your fault.....I have gotten much slower in my reading skills and comprehension.   If it is not simple, truthful, and logical, I simply remain confused.
LOL.... thought Id never see that from you. amazing today is.

Anyway, at what point did a majority of people start believing everything the GOV and especially the UNITED NATIONS cronies put out as the gospel?

You got the some of the same people who scream the gov lied about 9/11 and Iraq wars now saying pretty much you have to buy everything the gov funds, which is these fake propaganda studies trying their damnest to link you and me as the cause of something that has been going since before we so called walked upright as monkeys. lol

The FACT that we have had previous ice ages, warming ect time and time again in our past should be simple enough and logical enough for you to understand oat.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year - Page 2 Arcticescalator2012_med
Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year - Page 2 Animatedlaughter

Naughty, naughty...you're cheating and what's worse you know it and tried to conceal your lie.

The chart you posted is from over a year ago, which means the information is from months before that and does NOT take into consideration the massive ice growth this year.

Cute try but no banana for Sal.

How “sceptics” view Arctic sea ice decline

by Gareth on September 6, 2012

http://hot-topic.co.nz/how-sceptics-view-arctic-sea-ice-decline/

Sal

Sal

That thing that just went sailing over your head, ....

.... that was the point, jackass.

Sal wrote:Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year - Page 2 Arcticescalator2012_med
Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year - Page 2 Th?id=H.4558327287972776&w=167&h=170&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

http://www.climate4you.com/Sun.htm

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9EJ0qXNJGg

Very Happy

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/30/2013, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:That thing that just went sailing over your head, ....

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
― Socrates

You know well that what I posted was 100% true. Sorry you got caught, again, with your pants down.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

― Socrates

You know well that what I posted was 100% true.  Sorry you got caught, again, with your pants down.
The point of the chart is that seasonal weather deviations do not reverse the long term climate trend, you dolt.

What happened over the past twelve months does not reverse the downward arc.

Do I have to explain everything to you?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The graph shows a trend, but I have simply looked at 110 years of river gauge information, and what has happened in the last decade is mind boggling variation from one hundred years of data.  This in and of itself is not conclusive, but it has my attention.   Climate change is happening, and the wild fluctuations are what the scientist have predicted.   I think Sal's graph is dead cinch correct, yet I still have a problem as to the cause........I am certain man is contributing to the problem, but I am uncertain if man alone has caused the tilt in climate.
Wow...who knew? Climate change is happening!

2seaoat, climate change has been happening since the earth was born billions of years ago and will be changing billions of years after we're gone.

Sal's graph is phony. Sal tried to sneak in a chart with information from well over a year ago which was well before the massive expansion of the Arctic Ice during the past year.

Not surprising since IPCC did the same thing with the past 15 years. In their recent report the IPCC did not know how to handle the 15 year period without global warming so they simply ignored the plateau. Much as was done by Sal. The clue was obvious when Sal refused to post a link. Now he has one.

http://hot-topic.co.nz/how-sceptics-view-arctic-sea-ice-decline/

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:I'm not dodging.  It's just that I see no point in trying to convince someone of something if the consensus of the world scientific community isn't enough for them.  There is really nothing to that that I can add.
You lost whatever it is you thought was a consensus when the East Anglia University scam hit the fan.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

― Socrates

You know well that what I posted was 100% true.  Sorry you got caught, again, with your pants down.
The point of the chart is that seasonal weather deviations do not reverse the long term climate trend, you dolt.

Can YOU explain the over 15 year pause in global warming? Or do YOU just blow it off like the IPCC? Those liberal boneheads don't speak for all climate scientists, except maybe in your head.

2seaoat

The chart was not phoney. It was accurate. I was a geology minor in college and studied strata and the changes in climate intensively. I however am not convinced that the changes are entirely man made. I believe that man significantly contributes and in fact may be the tilting point, so it is real simply for me.......we reduced acid rain because we recognized that we were dealing with POLLUTION, and I look at what comes out of a tall smoke stack, or my tailpipe POLLUTION, and if the debate was simple reduction of pollution, rather than these circular logic discussions on man being the cause. I simply want pollution reduced which includes carbon output. It is a simple issue. It only gets confused by those who have lobbied to protect their type of pollution.

The private industry cooperation in reducing acid rain pollution through exchanges was a stunning success as people are now catching fish again from dead lakes. This is common sense. Pollution reduction is a good thing. I saw windmills going up all over america and saw new transmission lines being installed across the country. The truth is renewable energy will win the debate on its own merits and the dirty fossil fuel alternative will fade in significance.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

― Socrates

The point of the chart is that seasonal weather deviations do not reverse the long term climate trend, you do it.

Yes you do.  Your chart states, unequivocally that it is about the Arctic Ice.  Then you tell us that the past years massive ice growth, of ARCTIC ICE.

Please explain how a massive increase in Arctic Ice does NOT reverse the downward arc.

Your chart covers 35 years. Less than a millisecond with regard to our global history. If we haven't had warming before, how did the Vikings settle in Greenland for over 400 years? Was it from all the coal fired power plants in Europe?

Last edited by Markle on 9/30/2013, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

― Socrates

The point of the chart is that seasonal weather deviations do not reverse the long term climate trend, you do it.

Yes you do.  Your chart states, unequivocally that it is about the Arctic Ice.  Then you tell us that the past years massive ice growth, of ARCTIC ICE.

Please explain how a massive increase in Arctic Ice does NOT reverse the downward arc.
Research long term trends, seasonal variance, and regression to the mean ...

... then get back to me.

lmao

2seaoat

Well, you posted this, so you explain the thickness of this years expansion, and the thickness of the ice which was formerly in place but melted. As a kid in Chicago did you ever ice skate on a pond. In the Spring as the weather warmed the thick ice would melt. However, a short cold stream could cover the entire pond with ice......you my friend using your logic can go ice skate on that ice, but I guarantee you will not answer my questions.....you assume everybody is stupid......but you were smart enough as a kid not to skate on that thin ice, and you had enough sense to distinguish the importance of the thickness of the ice.......what happened in your intervening years?

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

― Socrates

Research long term trends, seasonal variance, and regression to the mean ...

... then get back to me.

lmao
Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year - Page 2 AnimatedLaughterPink

You're a hoot. You mean long term trends like THIRTY FIVE YEARS on your outdated chart you tried to pawn off on us. Grow up.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

With all of this arguing back and forth, what do the global warming folks propose to do about the problem?

Banning the use of coal and fossil fuels outright will lead to mass-deprivation world-wide, if not outright starvation in many places. The invention of the tractor was a disruptive technology for agriculture that allowed a tremendous increase in farm production with fewer people. Tractors need diesel to do their work. That diesel comes from petroleum.

I have heard about carbon taxes and carbon credits, etc.--obviously, the climate change proponents are seeking to regulate people; perhaps even heavily. What are the specifics? How will the regulation of carbon impact the daily lives of businesses and ordinary folks, and to what extent?

If this is a global problem, how will the issue be globally enforced? Will countries be forced to submit to the UN authority on climate change? What if they refuse to submit, will they be attacked (i.e., will we see Carbon War I/II/III, etc.)?

Too many questions, not enough answers.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Acid rain exchanges were a huge success. The issue is pollution reduction, not this whole global warming circular logic.

http://www.epa.gov/airmarkets/progsregs/arp/s02.html

2seaoat wrote:Acid rain exchanges were a huge success.  The issue is pollution reduction, not this whole global warming circular logic.

http://www.epa.gov/airmarkets/progsregs/arp/s02.html
Don't change the subject.

climate change ie: warm, cold etc variations on the planet have always happened.

why do you want more gov regulation over something that can not be regulated or changed to begin with? You like paying more taxes for fake gov projects so they can have more power over the peoples lives?

why are you trying so hard to come up with some shit that has nothing to do with the global warming crowds claims? This is not even near a subject you have any expertise on, at all. you wouldn't understand how these people purposely put there co2 meters directly in volcano routes to alter the data. you wouldn't understand how water vapor effects the temp, ie chemtrails, or aka cloud seeding. you wouldn't understand the solar component, the ocean component the magnetosphere component and the natural glacial component. Its all been around before us HUMANS. get it yet?

no, for some reason you refuse to think for yourself.

now, you want some deep thinking beyond trying to catch up in understanding of all the things I just mentioned here so you can discuss it.

try on Z's question. because really this is just another thing the powers that be HAVE SHOVED down our throats with fake and misguided data.

Baaaaaa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum