Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
2seaoat
VectorMan
Ghost Rider
TEOTWAWKI
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/And-global-COOLING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-grows-29-year.html

533,000 more square miles of ocean covered with ice than in 2012
BBC reported in 2007 global warming would leave Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013
Publication of UN climate change report suggesting global warming caused by humans pushed back to later this month

Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year Articl11

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

So what does that say about all those highly educated scientists said last week that global warming was taking its toll and was definitely man-made?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Ghost Rider wrote:So what does that say about all those highly educated scientists said last week that global warming was taking its toll and was definitely man-made?
I think it says they're hoping to keep getting those govt grants with their exaggerated "the sky is falling" scare tactics.

2seaoat

The variations in climate are more indicative of the risk than a thin ice expansion of the polar cap. The problem is not as simple as this variation. The problem remains.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Why do we have the great divide over climate change? Is it because Al Gore is a Democrat? That's stupid. Scientists are now saying that the oceans are absorbing the excess heat from climate change. If that's true, in a few years nothing will be able to live in the oceans. What will we do then?

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:The variations in climate are more indicative of the risk than a thin ice expansion of the polar cap.   The problem is not as simple as this variation.  The problem remains.
I disagree. Human kind is just a blip on this ball of mud.

The muddled progressive minds of these days can only see gloom and doom and wonder at how to fix it with other people's money.

2seaoat

I disagree. Human kind is just a blip on this ball of mud.

Agreed. However, something is screwed up with climate. To deny that is simply denying reality. Now to say that man is responsible may go too far, but certainly man may be contributing to the problem, and may in fact have tilted the direction. I think of how successfully we attacked acid rain, and see nothing wrong with lowering pollution levels. Now am I saying that man is responsible for the tilt......not sure, but I have no doubt that climate is currently tilted and the weather extremes are simply nothing I have seen in my 61 years of life.

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:I disagree. Human kind is just a blip on this ball of mud.

Agreed.  However, something is screwed up with climate.   To deny that is simply denying reality.   Now to say that man is responsible may go too far, but certainly man may be contributing to the problem, and may in fact  have tilted the direction.   I think of how successfully we attacked acid rain, and see nothing wrong with lowering pollution levels.  Now am I saying that man is responsible for the tilt......not sure, but I have no doubt that climate is currently tilted and the weather extremes are simply nothing I have seen in my 61 years of life.
You may believe something is screwed up with the climate, but you really have no solid proof. I always prefer to err on the side of caution. Within reason. The EPA is an agency out of control in conjunction with a UN created group (ICPP) that thinks they speak for all climate scientists. International scam artists with an almost endless supply of other people's money.

VectorMan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I disagree. Human kind is just a blip on this ball of mud.

Agreed.  However, something is screwed up with climate.   To deny that is simply denying reality.   Now to say that man is responsible may go too far, but certainly man may be contributing to the problem, and may in fact  have tilted the direction.   I think of how successfully we attacked acid rain, and see nothing wrong with lowering pollution levels.  Now am I saying that man is responsible for the tilt......not sure, but I have no doubt that climate is currently tilted and the weather extremes are simply nothing I have seen in my 61 years of life.
You may believe something is screwed up with the climate, but you really have no solid proof. I always prefer to err on the side of caution. Within reason. The EPA is an agency out of control in conjunction with a UN created group (ICPP) that thinks they speak for all climate scientists. International scam artists with an almost endless supply of other people's money.
You got that right!

and seaoat, there is change in the climate. very little than what you may perceive, but no one is denying that. its just not man made. its a natural cycle.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
Why do we have the great divide over climate change?  Is it because Al Gore is a Democrat?  That's stupid.   Scientists are now saying that the oceans are absorbing the excess heat from climate change.  If that's true, in a few years nothing will be able to live in the oceans.  What will we do then?
Nothing will be able to live in the oceans? A very uneducated assumption. For 3 billion years the Earth has undergone dramatic changes in climate and life in the oceans thrived.

Just do a little research. Tropical rainforests once thrived in Antarctica, where the temperatures were a moderate 70 degrees F. Countries are now trying to place claims on the 70 billion barrels of oil that is assumed to be under the Artic Ocean. Algae from a warm sea created the organic matter that became that oil.

Between 800 and 1300, the area around the North Pole was so warm that man could farm barley up to the 70th parallel on Greenland--750 miles inland from the southern tip of the island, and an area that is now a mass of ice. Coal was not used in 1300; Oil would not be discovered until 500 year later, and the industrial revolution was also 500 years off. What caused global warming from 800 to 1300?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan wrote:
Why do we have the great divide over climate change?  Is it because Al Gore is a Democrat?  That's stupid.   Scientists are now saying that the oceans are absorbing the excess heat from climate change.  If that's true, in a few years nothing will be able to live in the oceans.  What will we do then?
Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year Th?id=H.4862548373997065&w=221&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Wow!!!!!

It took them all this time to figure out that the oceans are what cause the earth to warm and cool, and not the atmosphere?

Considering that's something I stated years ago on the DMR it would appear that I should get my Doctorate in climatology.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpO_oVtXCa4

Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The climate change "crisis"  is all about forcing mankind to submit to a global authority and global control. It has "one world government" written all over it. Be careful for what you wish for. Those who run the world government, when it is set up, will not be an elected body, and they will not be benevolent to the world's citizens. You will be followed as an individual from cradle tro grave, with your rulers simply interested in what they can extract from you. You will otherwise be useless and of no value to them.

Controlling you by regulating your carbon footprint will be a cheap and easy way to get you to bend to their will. Through this mechanism, they will control your travel, your consumption, your caloric intake, and your habitation. And you thought Communism was oppressive.....

What I describe is the only reason the purveyors of this movement are pushing for immediate action on global warming.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The climate change "crisis"  is all about forcing mankind to submit to a global authority and global control. It has "one world government" written all over it. Be careful for what you wish for. Those who run the world government, when it is set up, will not be an elected body, and they will not be benevolent to the world's citizens. You will be followed as an individual from cradle tro grave, with your rulers simply interested in what they can extract from you. You will otherwise be useless and of no value to them.

Controlling you by regulating your carbon footprint will be a cheap and easy way to get you to bend to their will. Through this mechanism, they will control your travel, your consumption, your caloric intake, and your habitation. And you thought Communism was oppressive.....

What I describe is the only reason the purveyors of this movement are pushing for immediate action on global warming.

. Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year Up_210

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

No, it's because Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore is a proven liar. FINALLY in his own testimony before Congress admitted that CO2 increases in the past HAS PRECEEDED global temperature increases and that there have been warming periods in the past unrelated to CO2.

Give it up Floridatexan. Since the massive scandal at EAU exposed all the manipulations, fudging of numbers, destruction of data, preventing opposing views from being printed Global Warming has seen its day.

Markle

Markle

[quote="2seaoat"]The variations in climate are more indicative of the risk than a thin ice expansion of the polar cap.   The problem is not as simple as this variation.  The problem remains.[/quote]

"Thin" ice...what do you consider "thin" ice on the polar cap?

I know even you don't believe this and just use it to rattle others. Cute but it also makes you look pretty foolish.

The only problem that remains are Global Warming zealots who have over inflated arrogance that man is so powerful, so omnipotent that they can actually change the temperature of the world.

If you were on a forum, I bet you were posting this one and whining SEE...SEE I TOLD YOU ALL SO!

Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year 2013ArcticIcearticle

Sal

Sal

You people are so dim and easily distracted by misinformation.

This years higher sea ice extent is due to the fact that last year's extent was mind boggling low.

The long term trend remains crystal clear that sea ice is in rapid decline.

A seasonal increase is weather related, not indicative of a climate trend, so completely irrelevant.

The Guardian is a denialist virtual fish-wrap that consistently publishes bad science and misinformation, but the dullards slobber all over themselves to lap it up, babbling incoherently, "Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh ...".

The stupidity and willful ignorance displayed on this forum is making it harder and harder to read.

One of the THEORIES as to how a dryas stadials take effect is that upon a large melt the salinity of the oceans decreases enough to slow or even halt the northern conveyor that delivers warm water from the equator. But that's just one counterbalance theory.

The next ice age........ slowly making its way back. brrrr

Could be... another theory is that increased water surface area allows greater evaporation and slowly adds humidity to the very dry air at the poles... eventually falling as snow... building the ice sheets. But there are likely other effects that coincide... such as orbits in our solar system. It's thght that on large scales the orbits of jupiter and saturn can coincide to elongate our orbit enough to change our tilt slightly... allowing less light on our poles. We have at this time very stable planetary orbits... but as we're able to now observe other solar systems we find that neither is that the norm... it may not be stable. One theory is that our planets may not even be in their original order.

Regardless... it's highly likely there will be another glacial maximum at some point... agw would be a negligible factor. These cycles take place on a scale which humans and the burning of fossil fuels are insignificant to (a few hundred years). Agw can't stop these events... probably can't even delay them in any measurable way.

Sal

Sal

Arctic ice cap GROWS by 29% this year Arcticescalator2012_med

What part of an interglacial warming trend is so difficult for you to understand? Seriously... I'll try to help.

If you really want to see a trend start the graph 10k years... or even 1500 years ago as z showed or even 200 years.

You're cherry picking... that's the same kinda bs "science" that has you convinced and promotes agendas...

not knowledge and learning. A thirty year graph... lol. You just saw the ipcc ignore the last fifteen years. Be fo real.

2seaoat

The graph shows a trend, but I have simply looked at 110 years of river gauge information, and what has happened in the last decade is mind boggling variation from one hundred years of data. This in and of itself is not conclusive, but it has my attention. Climate change is happening, and the wild fluctuations are what the scientist have predicted. I think Sal's graph is dead cinch correct, yet I still have a problem as to the cause........I am certain man is contributing to the problem, but I am uncertain if man alone has caused the tilt in climate.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There is plenty of misinformation being passed along about Global Warming... One of the main problems with the Global Warming gang is they do not want their theories to be questioned at all. This makes their "consensus" very unscientific in nature. If their theories were valid, they would stand-up against crticism all by themselves--they do not, which is the biggest problem of all. The purveyors of this lose all credibility when they call non-believers heretics--this only affirms that there are big holes in the whole idea about man-made climate change.

Someone needs to explain why the Earth was warmer during the period 800-1300. This was known as the Medieval Warming Period, or Medieval Climate Optimum. The global human population ranged between roughly 240 and 450 million during that 500 year period; about 0.075% of the current global population. Mankind was not industrialized then. The discovery of oil was still 500 years away. Coal was not used during this period. Yet the Earth was so warm that farming was possible in the lower 1/3 of Greenland. The small human population of that period hardly influenced global climate back then. The Earth got warm all by itself, and that may be what is happening now, too.

boards of FL

boards of FL

On one side, we have the recent 3,000 page comprehensive study, which is based on 1,000's of peer reviewed research papers and authored by 840 scientists from 38 countries which states that...

“It is extremely likely that human influence on climate caused more than half of the observed increase in global average surface temperature from 1951 to 2010.”
...and then on the other side, we have republicans.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:What part of an interglacial warming trend is so difficult for you to understand? Seriously... I'll try to help.

If you really want to see a trend start the graph 10k years... or even 1500 years ago as z showed or even 200 years.

You're cherry picking... that's the same kinda bs "science" that has you convinced and promotes agendas...

not knowledge and learning. A thirty year graph... lol. You just saw the ipcc ignore the last fifteen years. Be fo real.
Cherry picking???

95% of peer reviewed studies over the last decade have agreed that global warming is occurring, and man made activities are contributing to and accelerating it.

Cherry picking ...

... you're a riot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum