Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Russians are Coming - The Wolfs are Coming

+5
knothead
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Slicef18
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Slicef18

Slicef18

Every year at this time we hear "Government will be shut down, Government will be shut down." They don't say that Americans actually save money, anytime the government is shut down. Now a long term shutdown isn't good and there are some things like our 401s don't like any shutdown. Neither party wants a long term shutdown but it just feels good to keep shouting about a shutdown.

I'd just fire every govt employee making over 100k a year.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:I'd just fire every govt employee making over 100k a year.
Reagan did something like that with air traffic controllers and I don't think anyone missed them.

That's a good idea. and the pension packages need to be looked at too.
70 billion annually http://www.cnbc.com/id/48678353

We've allowed a good proportion of our national treasure to be garnered by those who suck the life out of its citizens while the populace screams that those who save one are over paid.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is pretty damn cool. Five of us so far in this thread are in agreement about this.   And all five of us come from different political perspectives.

2seaoat

Shutting down the government is inept and cost taxpayers money. We need congress to work as much as they did in 1968, and we need to pass budgets which are balanced. We need to elect people who will work together to do the people's business, not be shills for special interests. So I would disagree with everybody. Shutting down the government is admitting that we are incapable of governing ourselves. That is exactly what the 1% entrenched Oligarchy has tried to achieve, and five have taken it hook, line, and sinker on this thread. I will work for folks who will do the business of this nation, and not participate in media circus.

They need to stop paying Congress and the admin until they fix it.

knothead

knothead

Shutting down the government because one irrational segment controls the House is beyond stupid . . . it is not patriotic nor does it make us look like the bedrock nation we've always been.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Shutting down the government is inept and cost taxpayers money.   We need congress to work as much as they did in 1968, and we need to pass budgets which are balanced.  We need to elect people who will work together to do the people's business, not be shills for special interests.  So I would disagree with everybody.  Shutting down the government is admitting that we are incapable of governing ourselves.   That is exactly what the 1% entrenched Oligarchy has tried to achieve, and five have taken it hook, line, and sinker on this thread.  I will work for folks who will do the business of this nation, and not participate in media circus.
This government is now a welfare trough for BOTH what you call the "1%" (probably more like the top 5 - 10%) AND whatever percentage is on the dole at the lower end of the scale.
One political party represents the top end and the other represents the lower end.  With the middle gradually disappearing.

Seagoat is going to take that common sense as a direct challenge... nice try tho Bob.

2seaoat

Seagoat is going to take that common sense as a direct challenge... nice try tho Bob.

It is not common sense. It is submission and subjection to special interests who think the American public is too stupid and complacent to demand representation from our congressmen and senators. The Oligarchy tries to fool the American People about our common interests with divisive and unimportant issues while the fox is in the chicken house. The American people will stop the special interests. Shutting down the government by not paying bills which are due is not solving problems but creating new problems. Elect people who support job creation, balanced budgets, return to fair tax rates, and reductions of government's footprint while giving incentives for private investment and infrastructure improvements.....this is not rocket science, and to buy into this idea that not paying our bills is good government requires less than a 100 IQ.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Seagoat is going to take that common sense as a direct challenge... nice try tho Bob.

It is not common sense.  It is submission and subjection to special interests who think the American public is too stupid and complacent to demand representation from our congressmen and senators.  .
We have only one vote in the congressional election.
Here's how the game is rigged for us here.
Our congressman stays in office until he doesn't want to be in office anymore or he dies.
Whenever we have a chance to install a new one,  for any candidate to have any chance to win,  he needs to subscribe to his job description.
And the job description for a congressman in our district is to protect the federal money flowing into the district's military installations.  Period.
Our local economy is now so dependent on that federal spending,  that a congressman in our district is essentially a lobbyist for that spending.
The only thing he needs to do is get on the related appropriations committees which they all do.

Once that Congressman gets that seniority,  he's in like flint for as long as he wants unless "he's found with a live man or a dead woman in his bed" (as they say).

Oh sure I know,  you'll now tell me "all the voters have to do is stop being stupid ignorant assholes and vote in the white knight on the white horse" (whatever that would be).
Nah,  that doesn't explain it.  The voters need the local economy to thrive because their jobs are dependent on it.  They vote in favor of their jobs.
It's not brain science or rocket surgery.  It's "follow the money" like it is with everything.  And in this case the jobs are what give the voters their money.

2seaoat

We simply need primaries in both parties. Free rides allow money to control. Ideas challenged are usually good ideas, and the people can make good decisions, but this idea that shutting down the government is good government is an absurd alien concept which could only get traction with crazy or stupid people. America is wise, and the crazy and stupid may take some time to flush the system, but good government works.

2seaoat wrote:We simply need primaries in both parties.  Free rides allow money to control.  Ideas challenged are usually good ideas, and the people can make good decisions, but this idea that shutting down the government is good government is an absurd alien concept which could only get traction with crazy or stupid people.  America is wise, and the crazy and stupid may take some time to flush the system, but good government works.
Your just stupid. No other way to put it.

Your not only stupid, but you are a bloviating idiot and even worse. youre un sexy.

There is no hope for anything about you. You given up on reality or either yur just fucked up in the head. You make no sense and go on like a stoned fired professor on a street corner.

and again, even with all that, you are on top of it all not even sexy

You loose

2seaoat

and again, even with all that, you are on top of it all not even sexy

You loose

You still make me smile Chrissy. If I was sexy to you, I would be a woman........a very unattractive 6 foot three inch woman......a bearded lady at that......so once again, you are just right on this issue. I am not sexy.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Most federal employees receiving the really high pensions are under the old pension plan (hired before 1984).  The old plan was/is extremely generous.   

The federal workforce needs to be cut.  There are a lot of employees at or near retirement age.  Cuts in the work force could be made by attrition.

I wouldn't feel completely confident if my future relied heavily on the govt.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well I have taken steps to prevent needing Social Security but the Feds could still punch a big hole in my market investments...even steal it right out of the bank if they want....Not much we can do individually to stop a ravenous beast with it's own power and well-being first and foremost on it's agenda. We are like the wounded Wildebeest to the hyenas and vultures. Unless other prey animals join us we are here for the pickin.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Reagan did something like that with air traffic controllers and I don't think anyone missed them.
In hind site it was a blip on the radar. President Ronald Reagan warned them numerous times that if they went on an ILLEGAL strike, they would be fired. President Reagan drew a red line on the tarmac. The Union leaders told their members that President Reagan was bluffing, would cave to their demands if they showed their power and went on strike.

President Reagan stuck with the date he had laid down. The traffic controllers sent on strike and President Reagan fired them all.

Here is a visual of the difference between President Reagan and President Barack Hussein Obama.

The Russians are Coming - The Wolfs are Coming ReaganObama

2seaoat wrote:and again, even with all that, you are on top of it all not even sexy

You loose

You still make me smile Chrissy.  If I was sexy to you, I would be a woman........a very unattractive 6 foot three inch woman......a bearded lady at that......so once again, you are just right on this issue.  I am not sexy.
lol

seaoat, I just read this and I had the biggest out loud laugh. lol! 

for once you are correct and funny Smile

2seaoat

I have been to the new Reagan Statue at his home town in Dixon, and he does look good on a horse...........I guess like Putin, this horse thing is beginning to get funny. Ronald Reagan was a good man, but trying to put President Obama down based on Reagan on a horse is pretty stupid.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Reagan was a shyster. He showed everyone how prosperity could be had today by robbing future Americans. He ran the first large peacetime deficits in 1981/82, and after that the government was hooked on that heroin.

I think it was Bob who stated on an earlier thread that Reagan bewailed about tearing down Big Government, all the while growing it even bigger than it already was. I am sorry I ever voted for that huckster.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I voted for President Reagan and think he did a stellar job in International relations, but as I have got older, I realize I was mistaken in my support for his domestic policies......he has made a mess of things for a generation, and we are still working to repair the damage.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Reagan was a shyster. He showed everyone how prosperity could be had today by robbing future Americans. He ran the first large peacetime deficits in 1981/82, and after that the government was hooked on that heroin.

I think it was Bob who stated on an earlier thread that Reagan bewailed about tearing down Big Government, all the while growing it even bigger than it already was. I am sorry I ever voted for that huckster.
Oh yeah give Bob credit for what I said...poor Teo never gets any respect..boo hoo.

Excellent sig Teo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum