Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Day today Sunday Sept 15

+3
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/15/2013, 11:55 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

bluemoon wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Oh I did have an interesting mystery today. I was driving slowly down a narrow two lane road covered over with trees in my little car when I saw a squirrel fall from high up in a tree. He fell about 40 feet and landed hard in the road. I figured he would just scamper away but I stopped and looked him over and he looked broke in half.  I didn't see any predators in the tree so I guess he just broke his back when he fell best I can figure.....

My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Image10
Gosh, Teo,  one of my dogs found a dead bird while we were taking our walk but I didn't take a picture of him. LOL  Maybe I'd have something more interesting to contribute if I had.
Poor squirrel- God wanted him to die because he buried somebody's pecans before  they could ripen on the tree.
No doubt.   Everything has a reason, right?Smile 
It's the curse of having an iPhone   When I see something unusual I click a picture of it. Maybe the squirrel was laying across a tree limb where some predator left it. I don't know I just like mysteries. One thing for sure he wasn't having a great day. Think I will add a funny joke line on the picture later. Maybe something about a unicycle. LOL

27My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 7:32 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote: after eating a really good burger from Square One Burger

Square One burger...

My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 20100217-squareone-intro

Whataburger...

My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 129823519714738087Canvas-menu-photos0078Bacon-AndCheeseWhataburger

I dunno man.  That Square burger thing don't look up to the challenge.
I aint seen a new-fangled burger yet that can beat the old-timey ones.

Not my choice.

I was with friends, so what're ya gonna do?

It was a good burger but pricey ...

... I would prefer a Five Guys and fries.

I had my first Whataburger a few months ago when passing through Tallahassee ...

... that's a lot of burger.

As for how I got here, I was a regular contributor of the pluck forum of my hometown newspaper in Louisville, KY - the Courier Journal ...

... (you think things get weird around here ...

... sheesh, that was the wild, wild, west) ...

... anyhoo, it got shut down along with all the other Gannett owned forums, and I went looking for a new place to pontificate ...

... the most active pluck forum I found was the old PNJ forum, so I signed on there, and gravitated here when it was no more.

28My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 7:33 am

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:I also ate ice cream  Blue Bell Banana split.  Also #19 at the Mexican place.
.My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 142erdj
That is a work of art !....
That looks like a really good relleno.

29My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 8:13 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, that is a great looking relleno, Ichi-san.  My husband loves them but we've yet to find a restaurant near us here that makes them well. 

Five Guys is very good.  I don't like the seating/atmosphere in any Five Guys I've been in,  though.  Every one I've been is was very noisy.  

We had a place in Huntsville--Cheeburger Cheeburger.  It was really good.  It's a chain also and I think they have one in Jax, but we haven't been to it.

30My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 8:39 am

Most folks dont seem to care for Vallartas but they are pretty good for the price.. Not cuisine but pretty good food. Cheap. Good Lunch time specials from 11am to 3pm. I think that plate(17) is 6.50.

31My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 9:25 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

It looks very good.  We've never been to Vallartas.   Where are they located? We usually go to Monterey when we're in Pensacola.  But we haven't been to Pensacola in too long.

32My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 9:36 am

They have a lot of different locations. I like the one on Navy Blvd. You either like them or hate them. I think the term maybe "Rustic". I go to the one on Navy Blvd a lot so I know all of them pretty good. They do a very big lunch hour. I would say that is the best time to go. Cheaper also. LOL They also have a very nice one in Foley.

33My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 9:46 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Rustic does not bother us in the least.  As long as it's not dirty.   Our favorite restaurants are rustic/hole in the wall type places.  And again, that is a really good looking relleno.  There is cheese inside it?  We went to a place here in Orange Park and hubby ordered a chili relleno.  They brought him a plate that had a pile of something on it that didn't resemble at all what is in your picture.  It was like they chopped up the chili or something.  It had ground beef under it.

34My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 10:40 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Squirr10

35My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 4:24 pm

Mr Ichi wrote:Most folks dont seem to care for Vallartas but they are pretty good for the price..  Not cuisine but pretty good food.  Cheap.  Good Lunch time specials from 11am to 3pm.  I think that plate(17) is 6.50.

I like Vallartas a lot. Like you say, they've got good food and good prices. I don't know how authentic it is, but all the people that work there seem to speak Espanol. I like to get take out from there.

36My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 5:23 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:They brought him a plate that had a pile of something on it that didn't resemble at all what is in your picture.  It was like they chopped up the chili or something.  It had ground beef under it.

Yeah, I've been served that garbage before.

The relleno in Mr. Ichi's picture is how they should be done.

There was a hole in the wall place in Louisville called El Nopal that had the best Mexican food, including rellenos.

I've yet to find a place in Tampa that matches it.

37My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 5:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Five Guys is ok. For a burger Blue Dot or Tin Cow down town...you build your own burger.

38My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 5:45 pm

Has not been very many years ago that a white person would have caught hell trying to buy a burger at the Blue Dot after dark. LOL My, How times change. Now it is "The" place for neat folks to get a burger. I have to laugh when I see all the "Yuppies" improving the Hood. Think they will bring back "Doc Greens Pool room?. The Bunny club? Abes 506 club? All the "Players" are gone, now it is time for the wantabes. LOL

39My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 6:00 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:They brought him a plate that had a pile of something on it that didn't resemble at all what is in your picture.  It was like they chopped up the chili or something.  It had ground beef under it.

Yeah, I've been served that garbage before.

The relleno in Mr. Ichi's picture is how they should be done.

There was a hole in the wall place in Louisville called El Nopal that had the best Mexican food, including rellenos.

I've yet to find a place in Tampa that matches it.
Most Mexican restaurants in Huntsville, where we used to live, were overpriced and fair, at best.  But there was one place that was really good and not very expensive.   Damn good Margaritas, too.   I miss that place.

40My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 6:10 pm

Mr Ichi wrote:Has not been very many years ago that a white person would have caught  hell trying to buy a burger at the Blue Dot after dark.  LOL  My, How times change.  Now it is  "The" place for neat folks to get a burger. I have to laugh when I see all the "Yuppies" improving the Hood.  Think they will bring back "Doc Greens Pool room?. The Bunny club? Abes 506 club?  All the "Players" are gone, now it is time for the wantabes. LOL
I  know the guys that ran Abes are gone.  I knew one of the Pierce brothers very well, and he was a hoot to be around. He's gone now, bless his soul. I'll never forget him.  There are still some restaurants in this town that are pretty segregated , but what I find warm and fuzzy is that sometimes if a black person walks into one of those seemingly all white restaurants, the servers do flips trying to make them feel welcome. I've eaten a couple of places when a black friend was with me and found that to be true.  Racism is still out there, but hey,  it just ain't all it used to be.

41My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 6:29 pm

Jake92

The Five Sisters Blue's Cafe on E Belmont St is pretty good..

42My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: My Day today Sunday Sept 15 9/16/2013, 8:43 pm

Mr Ichi wrote:First I rode downtown to watch the Bicycle races.  It was very good they had a kids race that was really great.  All the little folks really trying to get around the course. Every one was yelling and shouting to them as they neared the finish line.   Their smiles was beaming.  One little guy threw his hands up in victory as if he had just won the Tour De France.  Maybe in is mind he did. LOL  Lots of "hand cycles"  Many  paralyzed Vets and others use them,  truly inspirational  to watch,
My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 V2wuit
My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Ayox1k

Then I went to Wall South to pay my respects
My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Wa681f

Then on to Stooderville.  Only a couple of people there.

My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 312fole

Then to Navy Point
My Day today Sunday Sept 15 - Page 2 Qplafa

Then to home  It was a good day.  34 miles.

Hope all you also had a good day
This is awesome! Thank you....Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum