Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cactus Flower Moved

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cactus Flower Moved Empty Cactus Flower Moved 9/8/2013, 5:54 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

The Cactus Flower on Gulf Beach Highway has moved to a new location on Hwy. 98 near Naval Hospital Pensacola but on the South side of 98. It's no longer a restaurant in a house. It's a real restaurant reminiscent of the original El`Patio in Panama City which was one of the best Mexican Restaurants in Southeast United States. I had a cup of Chicken Posole+ soup, small salad with a Lime Dressing and small Shrimp Quesadilla. The food is in my opinion, superior to any Mexican restaurant in Pensacola. That is unless you really like grease and salt. They also have a full bar service.

2Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/8/2013, 6:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Slicef18 wrote:The Cactus Flower on Gulf Beach Highway has moved to a new location on Hwy. 98 near Naval Hospital Pensacola but on the South side of 98. It's no longer a  restaurant in a house. It's a real restaurant reminiscent of the original El`Patio in Panama City which was one of the best Mexican Restaurants in Southeast United States. I had a cup of Chicken Posole+ soup, small salad with a Lime Dressing and small Shrimp Quesadilla. The food is in my opinion, superior to any Mexican restaurant in Pensacola. That is unless you really like grease and salt. They also have a full bar service.

We go to the one on the beach or east hill.  Love the pork wrap with verde sauce. 

I hate tequila but I love their top shelf margarita.

3Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/8/2013, 6:37 pm

2seaoat

http://cactusflowercafe.net/locations/navarre/

Have to agree their soups are the best. I was pleasantly surprised a few years back, because since living in Saltillo in 1975/1976 I have never had better soup and Mexican food. They must have multiple locations according to the website. Their Navarre location is just East of the KY fried Chicken on 98.

4Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/8/2013, 6:54 pm

My first wifes sister and her husband used to live in that house before it became the Catus Flower restaurant.   Little known Pensacola trivia LOL

5Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/8/2013, 8:04 pm

Slicef18 wrote:The Cactus Flower on Gulf Beach Highway has moved to a new location on Hwy. 98 near Naval Hospital Pensacola but on the South side of 98. It's no longer a  restaurant in a house. It's a real restaurant reminiscent of the original El`Patio in Panama City which was one of the best Mexican Restaurants in Southeast United States. I had a cup of Chicken Posole+ soup, small salad with a Lime Dressing and small Shrimp Quesadilla. The food is in my opinion, superior to any Mexican restaurant in Pensacola. That is unless you really like grease and salt. They also have a full bar service.
I used to drive by that place all the time. A part of me wanted to stop because it looked interesting, but I never did. the back of my mind always told me it was a little trashy looking and I felt like it wasn't very clean.

I wish I could get over thinking like that, because I know sometimes the best food comes from hole in the walls. but im fanatically sterile about something's, a tad ocd maybe. Neutral 

6Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/9/2013, 1:01 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When I want Mexican, I go to Monterey's Mexican Grill on Mobile Hwy. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Pensacola.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/9/2013, 4:24 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:When I want Mexican, I go to Monterey's Mexican Grill on Mobile Hwy. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Pensacola.

Yes I went there once.

8Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/9/2013, 9:55 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Slicef18 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:When I want Mexican, I go to Monterey's Mexican Grill on Mobile Hwy. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Pensacola.
Yes I went there once.
Slice, did the Cactus Flower move into the building on the south side of 98 that once was home of another Mexican restaurant? It was Mexican on one side and Japanese on the other.

I know the first Mexican food place that moved into a building there was horrendous. I ate there once and only once. I guess by them going out of business only proves my point.

Z-Man, I am in your corner on this, I love Monterrey s Mexican Grill on Mobile Hwy also.

9Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/9/2013, 10:11 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

Ghost Rider wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Yes I went there once.
Slice, did the Cactus Flower move into the building on the south side of 98 that once was home of another Mexican restaurant? It was Mexican on one side and Japanese on the other.

I know the first Mexican food place that moved into a building there was horrendous. I ate there once and only once. I guess by them going out of business only proves my point.

Z-Man, I am in your corner on this, I love Monterrey s Mexican Grill on Mobile Hwy also.
Yes; That is the restaurant location of the prior Mexican restaurant. I went once also. That restaurant kept trying to be a sports bar.

10Cactus Flower Moved Empty Re: Cactus Flower Moved 9/9/2013, 10:42 am

Cactus Flower Moved 33xfu6g

Cactus Flower Moved T9fgv4

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum