Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Syria -- Why must it Be Us Alone??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

While a few countries have expressed "support" for Obama's planned punitive attack on Syria, NOT ONE HAS OFFERED TROOPS, BASES or EQUIPMENT.

If Assad used poison gas on Syrians, charges should be brought against him at the UN and in the International Court.

Why aren't we working on gaining such support rather than going in as some sort of whacko world policeman. As Fareed Zakaria says, "If you break it you own it." If our strike downs Assad then we will be sucked into continuing chaos and internecine civil war in Syria . . and we will have to pay for whatever results ... same as we continue to pay for Iraq's needs, and Afghanistan's.

Reality.

2seaoat

Talk to me about reality. When the bombs start dropping, I will have that discussion. The bombs will not fall.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:While a few countries have expressed "support" for Obama's planned punitive attack on Syria, NOT ONE HAS OFFERED TROOPS, BASES or EQUIPMENT.

If Assad used poison gas on Syrians, charges should be brought against him at the UN and in the International Court.

Why aren't we working on gaining such support rather than going in as some sort of whacko world policeman.  As Fareed Zakaria says, "If you break it you own it."  If our strike downs Assad then we will be sucked into continuing chaos and internecine civil war in Syria . . and we will have to pay for whatever results ... same as we continue to pay for Iraq's needs, and Afghanistan's.

Reality.

According to Seaoat it's just a little poker game. The other countries are not experienced in the art of buffing, like Obama. They folded.

2seaoat

According to Seaoat it's just a little poker game. The other countries are not experienced in the art of buffing, like Obama. They folded.

Please stay away from Greyhound.....those grandkids want an inheritance. Probably the best misunderstanding of what I have been saying for weeks. The other countries complied to the President's ultimate policy objective. They most certainly did not fold. They are participating in the dialogue. There is no lockstep to war. There is diplomacy.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:While a few countries have expressed "support" for Obama's planned punitive attack on Syria, NOT ONE HAS OFFERED TROOPS, BASES or EQUIPMENT.

Why aren't we working on gaining such support rather than going in as some sort of whacko world policeman.  As Fareed Zakaria says, "If you break it you own it."  If our strike downs Assad then we will be sucked into continuing chaos and internecine civil war in Syria . . and we will have to pay for whatever results ... same as we continue to pay for Iraq's needs, and Afghanistan's.

Reality.
Joni: Seaoat is mistaken. Obama and the hawks won't pass any opportunity to spend bucks that fatten our MIC. Seaoat thinks the whole thing is poker and he's wrong. It's about spending "defense" billions and has been since the beginning of Vietnam.

2seaoat

Then it will be easy to prove me wrong. Bombs will drop. We will take out their assets. I could not be simpler. I will be a fool if that happens. Everybody is convinced the same will happen. Three weeks ago I began talking about this being a classic bluff. Everybody on this forum but a few has been taken hook, line, and sinker. I am still waiting to be proven wrong. It should be easy. Mr.Word has a good grasp of history, but this has nothing to do with the military or Syria. It has everything to do with how the President will spend his last two years in office. It always was about the 2014 election.

Just like a sports forecast, the score will determine who was right. Talk to me when the bombs drop.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:Then it will be easy to prove me wrong.  Bombs will drop.  We will take out their assets.  I could not be simpler.  I will be a fool if that happens.   Everybody is convinced the same will happen.  Three weeks ago I began talking about this being a classic bluff.  Everybody on this forum but a few has been taken hook, line, and sinker.   I am still waiting to be proven wrong.  It should be easy.   Mr.Word has a good grasp of history, but this has nothing to do with the military or Syria.  It has everything to do with how the President will spend his last two years in office.  It always was about the 2014 election.

Just like a sports forecast, the score will determine who was right.  Talk to me when the bombs drop.
Seaoat, I have the dreadful feeling you're wrong. I would be delighted if it turns out this unnecessary war, with indefinable goals, just doesn't happen . . . this time, I really hope you're right.

2seaoat

this time, I really hope you're right.

It is a classic Chicago political move. Nothing is done without quid pro quo. It was an opportunity to divide his opponents in the 2014 election cycle, and fully knowing the anybody but Obama crowd would overplay their hand, and divide your military industrial complex on the payroll in Congress, and the new congressional tea party members who have strong libertarian roots. The Republican party is fundamentally divided, and it took the threat of war to leverage this bluff. As I stated a couple weeks ago, I am uncertain that this did not evolve as opposed to a clear strategy from the onset, but I am certain they are playing now, and this is going to be a huge domestic success.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote: this time, I really hope you're right.

It is a classic Chicago political move.  Nothing is done without quid pro quo.  It was an opportunity to divide his opponents in the 2014 election cycle, and fully knowing the anybody but Obama crowd would overplay their hand, and divide your military industrial complex on the payroll in Congress, and the new congressional tea party members who have strong libertarian roots.  The Republican party is fundamentally divided, and it took the threat of war to leverage this bluff.   As I stated a couple weeks ago, I am uncertain that this did not evolve as opposed to a clear strategy from the onset, but I am certain they are playing now, and this is going to be a huge domestic success.
Somehow you ignore the fact that the Democrats are also divided.

President Barack Hussein Obama has a painted himself into a corner on the world stage.

NO ONE trusts President Obama. The list of questions remaining unanswered about Benghazi and how President Obama "protected" our citizens in Benghazi is only part of the reason.

There will be no attack. Our enemies, around the world, will be rolling in the aisles LAUGHING at President Obama. Our friends have seen the extent of President Obama's lies and have no confidence or trust in him. They will be praying that we get to 2016 without further disasters.

Meanwhile the economy continues its downward slide and the numerous scandals continue to fester.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum