Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anyone else noticed something odd about the government/media regime in this country?

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've actually been noticing this for a long time. It's how the government/media regime will totally obsess on one thing at the exclusion of everything else.
A recent example and now a current example are two cases in point. Zimmerman and Syria.

Zimmerman sucked all the wind out of everything else. And now Syria has done the same.
Leading up to the onset of both, there were all sorts of government crises issues being given attention. Or at least what was purported to be crises.
But like by magic, once the government/media regime begins it's obsession with something, those crises just seem to up and disappear. They just suddenly go off the media radar. And they stay disappeared and off the media radar for as long as the obsession with something continues.

It's quite odd to watch this happen. Because it makes one realize that crises are crises only when the government/media regime chooses for them to be crises.

It provides further evidence for what I've thought all along. That during these periods of obsession with something, we could probably just shut this government down and no one would notice or care.

2seaoat

The Syrian situation and our alleged response has always been a clever bluff. Nothing is going to change. There will be no bombs. There will be no cruise missiles. There is only politics and setting the table for the 2014 congressional elections. The president has actualized his 2008 foreign policy with covert CIA support of rebels, bluff and bluster which knowing the anybody but Obama crowd would split the Republican Party, and the foolishness that some people think that President Obama has to run for an election again. His mission has been clear. He has Americans in consensus that we need to be putting our money into investments in America.

Putin is the Judo master, but it appears that President Obama has used Putin's own showboating to master the same. I still have this vision of Tom Cruise and Putin standing side by side shirtless, convincing the world how tough they are. Checkmate

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The Syrian situation and our alleged response has always been a clever bluff.  Nothing is going to change.  There will be no bombs.  There will be no cruise missiles.   There is only politics and setting the table for the 2014 congressional elections.   The president has actualized his 2008 foreign policy with covert CIA support of rebels, bluff and bluster which knowing the anybody but Obama crowd would split the Republican Party, and the foolishness that some people think that President Obama has to run for an election again.  His mission has been clear.   He has Americans in consensus that we need to be putting our money into investments in America.

Putin is the Judo master, but it appears that President Obama has used Putin's own showboating to master the same.  I still have this vision of Tom Cruise and Putin standing side by side shirtless, convincing the world how tough they are.   Checkmate
Since you mention Tom Cruise,  I have to say this whole shebang, including obama,  putin,  and your "bluffing" scenario,  sounds like Scientology to me.  
Maybe we should elect Oral Roberts as president.  Then he could not only do the bluffing and the rest,  he could also do the faith healing and we wouldn't even need obamacare,  romneycare,  what-we-have-already-care or any other care.   lol

2seaoat

It is real easy to prove me wrong......drop some bombs.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:It is real easy to prove me wrong......drop some bombs.
Your claim is that obama planned all this from the beginning with his "bluffing". And you're saying the proof of this is no bombs dropping.

The problem with that is this. If Obama had never "drawn lines" which he repeatedly let be crossed and from the beginning just sided with the majority of the American people who don't want the "bombs to drop", then no bombs would have dropped then either.

If your scenario is true, it sounds to me like Obama planned to take a trip from Pensacola to Miami and then decided to go by way of Birmingham.

2seaoat

A line being drawn must be a sincere drawing of the line. The bluff would never work without real policy concerns for the underlying behavior.

2seaoat

If your scenario is true, it sounds to me like Obama planned to take a trip from Pensacola to Miami and then decided to go by way of Birmingham.

No Bob, in a poker bluff the bluffer does not have to do anything but convey to the other players that he or she is going to act in a certain way. This creates a response and a course of conduct which is predictable. It is very rarely one bluff, but a serial bluff. So preflop I have 6 3. In a one two game, I raise five dollars preflop. Half the players fold, and the other half make the bet. The flop can show any cards, but preferably high cards, and now I make a fifty dollar bet. Everybody else drops except one player. At this point I have built the pot up to 75 dollars of other folks money, but I have one player who actually has a hand which matched the flop. On the turn card I go all in, the person who actually has the winning hand folds and I take 75 bucks. The bluff can only work when a player has a history of actually having a good hand. As the most powerful nation in the world, we always have a good hand. This was pure politics and preparation for the 2014 congressional elections.......nobody went to Birmingham.

Obama has bombed iraq, afghanistan, yemen, pakistan, libya... and probably a few others we don't know of.

Nice bluff.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:A line being drawn must be a sincere drawing of the line.  The bluff would never work without real policy concerns for the underlying behavior.
But doesn't that contradict your whole theory?  Because the line obama drew was crossed and obama did not respond like he said he would (i.e. no bombs have fallen and according to you no bombs will ever fall).
I'm no expert on poker,  but when someone bluffs,  and then the bluff is called,  and then the bluffer folds with a losing hand,  I don't see how that's called "winning".   Maybe it would be winning to you and Charlie Sheen and obama, but not to me.    lol

2seaoat

What do you think happened in Berlin and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Do you think lines were drawn. Do you think we really were going to destroy the world in thermo nuclear war? The bluff is as old as geopolitical strategies have been implemented.

PK, the President was able to perfect this bluff because of those previous actions. He would have had little credibility if he had not previously acted and found success in use of the very weapons he threatened in Syria. This was a targeted divide and conquer in Congress. He accomplished his goal beyond anybody's wildest dreams. His 2008 platform of spending less money on defense and spend money on America has now become the overwhelming American public mantra. How do you think this will play in 2014? The donkeys think the President is going to have to run for election again.....he is not.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:What do you think happened in... the Cuban Missile Crisis.   Do you think lines were drawn.  
It's a false analogy.  

First of all,  we knew for certain who installed the missiles in Cuba (Kruschev/Castro).  We still don't know for certain who used the chemical weapons in Syria.

But let's assume it was Assad (and Obama himself guarantees us it was).
Kennedy drew the line and Kruschev/Castro DID NOT call his bluff and did not step over the line.
Obama drew the line and Assad called his bluff and set the chemical weapons off anyway.
Your analogy only works if Assad had not "stepped across the line/called obama's bluff" which he definitely did do.

And if it WAS NOT Assad, then obama is a lying piece of shit and the "bluffing" nonsense doesn't have any relevance anyway.

2seaoat

Bob,
Please refresh your memory of the Cuban missile crisis. I think you are not certain on the events and how they played. Both players bluffed. It was never a unilateral bluff.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:What do you think happened in... the Cuban Missile Crisis.   Do you think lines were drawn.  
It's a false analogy.  

First of all,  we knew for certain who installed the missiles in Cuba (Kruschev/Castro).  We still don't know for certain who used the chemical weapons in Syria.

But let's assume it was Assad (and Obama himself guarantees us it was).
Kennedy drew the line and Kruschev/Castro DID NOT call his bluff and did not step over the line.
Obama drew the line and Assad called his bluff and set the chemical weapons off anyway.
Your analogy only works if Assad had not "stepped across the line/called obama's bluff" which he definitely did do.

And if it WAS NOT Assad,  then obama is a lying piece of shit and the "bluffing" nonsense doesn't have any relevance anyway.

Cuban missile crisis....the US was feared.

As far as this crisis ...  attention has been diverted.... from  Benghazi, obamacare, National debt, budget talks, IRS and NSA scandal.    Scandals could affect the 2014 elections....is this another manufactured crisis. Political elections are the number 1 priority.....nothing more.

2seaoat

And if it WAS NOT Assad, then obama is a lying piece of shit and the "bluffing" nonsense doesn't have any relevance anyway.

Yes, a donkey never gets the bluff. They are seeing what does not exist. They think I have aces or kings. You think this had something to do with Syria. On the surface of a bluff, it must be all about lines and Syria. However, the kings or aces never existed. It is about winning the game. If you do not even understand which game was being played, then of course you think the illusion is important. The strategic goal of the President and his advisors has been achieved.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

As far as this crisis ...  attention has been diverted.... from  Benghazi, obamacare, National debt, budget talks, IRS and NSA scandal.    Scandals could affect the 2014 elections....is this another manufactured crisis. Political elections are the number 1 priority.....nothing more.
That's exactly the thought which inspired the first post to this thread.

2seaoat

Cuban missile crisis....the US was feared.

With that comment you assume that the Soviets had no cards and they backed down. It also assumes like Bob that only one side was bluffing. You see bluffing is not limited to the human species. Certain animals have evolved to allow their feathers to expand and make them seem more ferocious. The bluff was a lost art in our foreign relations after the fall of the Soviet Union, and it cost us trillions. The only way the current bluff worked at every level is because we are feared, and have shown we are quite capable of having cards. Eventually the talking heads will catch up and begin seeing what has happened, but I personally think most of the donkeys have found a home in the media.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote: Political elections are the number 1 priority.....nothing more.
Yes,  politics and elections are always a primary motivator.   But I wouldn't go so far as to say there's "nothing more".
Lame duck presidents,  any of them,  always have another motivation,  it's called their "legacy".  
Legacy is just a fancy word for reputation.  And unless they're loved by everyone,  and I've never seen one yet who had that going for him during his presidency,  they all want to be loved by the history books.  It's a very powerful motivator.  Can make their priorities become questionable.

Last edited by Bob on 9/8/2013, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Cuban missile crisis....the US was feared.

With that comment you assume that the Soviets had no cards and they backed down.  It also assumes like Bob that only one side was bluffing.  
You've just contradicted the convoluted "bluffing" theory yet again.  
And restated the false analogy too.  lol

Assad didn't bluff and he didn't back down from the bluff (assuming obama is not a bold-faced liar).

Last edited by Bob on 9/8/2013, 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

That's exactly the thought which inspired the first post to this thread.
I know....food for thought. Politics is filled with lies and deception. It's all about power and control.

Maybe our motto should be.....if you need humanitarian assistance or aid, the US will be there; if you attack we will eliminate you. Period.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

Maybe our motto should be.....if you need humanitarian assistance or aid, the US will be there; if you attack we will eliminate you. Period.
But always remember,  "we" (and I use that term only because you used it) never target the actual perp.  Only the perp's minions and the civilians who happen to be within the "shock and awe" zone.  Obama has already guaranteed Assad that Assad himself won't be a target.  And to me that's what makes a mockery of the whole damn thing to start with, regardless if it's poker or canasta or tiddly winks or whatever this game is called.  lol

Last edited by Bob on 9/8/2013, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Lame duck presidents, any of them, always have another motivation, it's called their "legacy".
Legacy is just a fancy word for reputation.

Gee Bob, you are catching on........and would it help this duck to have a democratic congress after the 2014 election?

No, Robert I was not making an analogy. I was giving a historical example of bluffing in international relations. How you logically jumped to the idea that I was suggesting that Syria was bluffing reminds me of you becoming legally blonde.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Gee Bob, you are catching on........and would it help this duck to have a democratic congress after the 2014 election?
I don't think you want to go there. Because with whatever "games" obama plays, if he knew how to to get a democrat congress with his "game" skills, he wouldn't have gone into office in 2008 with a democrat congress and then let those same "game" skills lose it in 2010. lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

But always remember,  "we" (and I use that term only because you used it) never target the actual perp.  Only the perp's minions and the civilians who happen to be within the "shock and awe" zone.  Obama has already guaranteed Assad that Assad himself won't be a target.  And to me that's what makes a mockery of the whole damn thing to start with, regardless if it's poker or canasta or tiddly winks or whatever this game is called.  lol

never target the actual perp.  Only the perp's minions and the civilians who happen to be within the "shock and awe" zone.  Obama has already guaranteed Assad that Assad himself won't be a target.

cheers cheers cheers 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If it was 'The World Series of Poker' as seaoat believes,  joani,  there is indeed a poker game analogy which would apply.

It would be like if some card cheat is in the game with seaoat and seaoat catches him cheating red-handed.   And as a result of that,  seaoat then pulls his six-shooter out and turns around and shoots the waitress bringing drinks to the card table and promises the cheat he won't be shot.  roflmao

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:If it was 'The World Series of Poker' as seaoat believes,  joani,  there is indeed a poker game analogy which would apply.

It would be like if some card cheat is in the game with seaoat and seaoat catches him cheating red-handed.   And as a result of that,  seaoat then pulls his six-shooter out and turns around and shoots the waitress bringing drinks to the card table and promises the cheat he won't be shot.  roflmao
lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum