Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The past twelve years have given us the worst federal government leadership in the history of the country.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And that goes for both the presidency and the congress.
For the past twelve years, they have done nothing good for the country and instead have been arguably the most destructive force in our country.
If it was up to me I would shut down both the white house and the congress and see if our country would be better off without either. One thing is certain, not having it would save us the fortune it costs to maintain both.

You're shitting me Bob, come on you can think of at least one good thing Bush, Obama and congress has done for the american people, just let me think about this and I'll get back with you. Well I thought about it and you just may be right. Whoops the stock market is enjoying record highs, so something must be going right. Maybe the news is shutting out us folks here in NW Florida and if we venture out farther than 200 miles in all directions something is happening. I don't know man I am entrenched in this good ole boy community and scared of the outside world. Twisted Evil

2seaoat

Bob,
I would have to disagree with you. I think your analysis is asz backwards. I think the people we have elected have not been working hard enough to govern effectively because so much of their time has been replaced with self preservation and campaign financing. I have read articles that congress in the last 20 years has reduced committee time in half. How can you deal with complex issues without evidence and hearings which allow good governance.

You seem to think that this ineffectiveness is because we are ruled by dumb asz leaders. I would suggest that we have systemic problems which need to be addressed which does not involve shutting down government, but requires some changes in campaign financing so that the priority of Congress is to work for the general welfare of this nation, and not spend over half their time raising money. A solution starts with campaign finance reform, and a constitutional amendment dealing with corporate personage.......when people start working again, government performance and efficiencies will improve, but you have to stop this goofy idea that this is simply bad people in congress......we have allowed an evolution of our current system which simply ties the hands of good people to do their jobs effectively.

Sal

Sal

Well, I don't know about all of that, Bob.

I will say this, Eric Holder is now in a neck-and-neck race with John Ashcroft for Shittiest AG in Recent Memory.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:Well, I don't know about all of that, Bob.

I will say this, Eric Holder is now in a neck-and-neck race with John Ashcroft for Shittiest AG in Recent Memory.

What about "I do not recall" Alberto Gonzales?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Sal wrote:Well, I don't know about all of that, Bob.

What about "I do not recall" Alberto Gonzales?

Dammit, Z.

I had blissfully forgotten about that sack o' shit.

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum