Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uh oh...Science has spoken! The debate is over. Global warming is dead. Artic Ice Grows by 920,000 sq. miles in a Year!

+6
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Nekochan
PBulldog2
Markle
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:More bad science from the denialists at the Daily Mail.

It's true that the ice coverage of 2013 has increased from 2012, but it is still far below the 1980-2010 average.

After the astonishing drop in 2012, it's not surprising that there would be an increase in 2013.

It's a seasonal anomaly and regression to the mean.

Coverage can vary wildly from year to year, so the thickness of the ice is the real measure.

Want to venture a guess on how that's trending?

There's a big difference between "weather" and "climate".

The Flat Earth Society would do well by familiarizing themselves with that difference.
This, you'll agree, is not an opinion piece.  The Daily Mail published the information.  Please share with us all the information in the article which is NOT true.

As you know, we have had no warming in 15 years and now the ice cap has expanded greatly.  How then can you say that those who do not believe in Global Warming being caused by humans are the deniers?  The evidence appears to be very strong that they are correct and you are wrong.  That would make you the "Denier" would it not?
Familiarize with the difference between "weather" and "climate".

The weather in any given place may or may not be warmer than last year.

That is irrelevant.

The climate is most certainly warming.

There is a scientific consensus that it is so, and that man is a contributor.

Denying that puts you squarely in the Flat Earth Society.
I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY that you ignored my simple questions and, I guess, answered something entirely different.  Keep up the good work!

Once again, and I'll type S-L-O-W-L-Y for you.

This, you'll agree, is not an opinion piece.  The Daily Mail published the information.  Please share with us all the information in the article which is NOT true.

As you know, we have had no warming in 15 years and now the ice cap has expanded greatly.  How then can you say that those who do not believe in Global Warming being caused by humans are the deniers?  The evidence appears to be very strong that they are correct and you are wrong.  That would make you the "Denier" would it not?

Here is one ZVUGKTUBM finds impossible or extremely distasteful to answer. I doubt any of you will either.

How much has the percentage of CO2 in our atmosphere increased in the past 150 years? In other words, if it was 5% 150 years ago, before the industrial revolution and my '66 Goat, what is it today? 5.5% a 10% increase, 6%, 10% a 100% increase?

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I never side with Markle on much of anything, but I have difficulty accepting the premise for global warming as it is presented by the fanatics who are pushing it. I have said here before, I earned my MS in biology and coastal zone studies in 1992, and studied under some really smart profs, and none of them ever brought up the subject of global warming/climate change.

In order to do what climate change activists want to accomplish, the following must first be done:

1. Do away with national boundaries and force all nations to become subordinate to a global authority that will regulate each nation's compliance with global warming dictates.

2. Reduce the world population by at least 1/2 to take pressure off Mother Earth and its resources.

3. Outlaw fossil fuel use globally--if people can't get their energy from renewable sources, they won't have energy. The starvation and want created by such dictates will help reduce the global population as outlined in #2.

4. Regulate every aspect of human life as it pertains to CO2 emissions. When people find their carbon-taxes so burdensome, maybe they will just stop breathing, halting their own personal carbon emissions and contributing to the thrust of Item #2.

I am sure this list can be expanded, but I find none of it palatable. Extremism from any direction is very dangerous, and it is hard to not see  extremism in the climate change movement.
You, Pkr and myself all agree on this issue. All 3 of us have science degrees and backgrounds.

Some people are so politically motivated though the discussion will be attacked by fuzzy political data instead of sincere honest discussion.
Not that it is relevant but I have a degree in marine science from the University of Miami.  Granted, that was decades ago and I have never worked in the field.  I learned early I could make much more money, and still be happy, in other fields.  Ones where others did not determine my worth.

Last edited by Markle on 9/9/2013, 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chrissy wrote:You, Pkr and myself all agree on this issue. All 3 of us have science degrees and backgrounds.

Some people are so politically motivated though the discussion will be attacked by fuzzy political data instead of sincere honest discussion.
Uh oh...Science has spoken! The debate is over. Global warming is dead.  Artic Ice Grows by 920,000 sq. miles in a Year! - Page 2 Th?id=H.4862548350404309&pid=1

The science these 'climatologists' were utilizing to 'prove' their theory was full of holes and false assumptions.

Additionally altering gathered data or ignoring it to make it fit your intended theoretical model is bad science and is the true indication of who believes in ideas like flat earth, geocentric models of the solar system, solarcentric models of the galaxy, galactocentric models of the universe, etc...

We're a long way from having true planetologists who will be able to predict how our climate will change.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpO_oVtXCa4

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/10/2013, 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I never side with Markle on much of anything, but I have difficulty accepting the premise for global warming as it is presented by the fanatics who are pushing it. I have said here before, I earned my MS in biology and coastal zone studies in 1992, and studied under some really smart profs, and none of them ever brought up the subject of global warming/climate change.

In order to do what climate change activists want to accomplish, the following must first be done:

1. Do away with national boundaries and force all nations to become subordinate to a global authority that will regulate each nation's compliance with global warming dictates.

2. Reduce the world population by at least 1/2 to take pressure off Mother Earth and its resources.

3. Outlaw fossil fuel use globally--if people can't get their energy from renewable sources, they won't have energy. The starvation and want created by such dictates will help reduce the global population as outlined in #2.

4. Regulate every aspect of human life as it pertains to CO2 emissions. When people find their carbon-taxes so burdensome, maybe they will just stop breathing, halting their own personal carbon emissions and contributing to the thrust of Item #2.

I am sure this list can be expanded, but I find none of it palatable. Extremism from any direction is very dangerous, and it is hard to not see  extremism in the climate change movement.
You, Pkr and myself all agree on this issue. All 3 of us have science degrees and backgrounds.

Not that it is relevant but I too have a degree in marine science from the University of Miami.  Granted, that was decades ago and I have never worked in the field.  I learned early I could make much more money, and still be happy, in other fields.  Ones where others did not determine my worth.

That's interesting Markle. It is relevant.

Id love to have a discussion with you about that subject, particularly about dolphins. not sure if you recall but im a dolphin fanatic.

It appears there is a measle like disease killing many of them.

I don't want to hijack your thread and you may not even be interested in marine science anymore.

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Not that it is relevant but I too have a degree in marine science from the University of Miami.  Granted, that was decades ago and I have never worked in the field.  I learned early I could make much more money, and still be happy, in other fields.  Ones where others did not determine my worth.

Id love to have a discussion with you about that subject, particularly about dolphins. not sure if you recall but im a dolphin fanatic.

I don't want to hijack your thread and you may not even be interested in marine science anymore.
At the time I was working part time at the Seaquarium as a diver and general gofer. A close friend of mine knew the curator of the Seaquarium and that's how I got the job. The U of M Marine Lab was on the same grounds. I thought it was pretty cool. I got to work in the big tanks doing maintenance, that glass didn't get the algae off by themselves. The dolphins were always looking to play and would try to swipe the sponge I was using to clean the glass. They'd then race around the tank with it. I guess they expected I could chase them.

Carolina Snowball was an albino dolphin the Seaquarium had captured off the coast of South Carolina. They had built her a separate tank. Sometimes I'd work late and it was dark when I was leaving but I could walk through the park and stop at her tank. It was huge but I could slap the wall and she'd come flying over to where I was in an instant. In a week or two she'd play catch with me and a beach ball. She was a little like a dog, she loved to be patted when she brought it back or she'd just dive under it and pop it out of the water. She never got tired of it and I always hated to have leave her there alone. When I moved to Key West I missed her as much as any of my other friends.

I have followed the story about the dolphins dying apparently from measles. I don't follow it nearly as close as I once did and I will always regret never taking the time to dive the Great Barrier Reef.

The hockey stick graph starting at 1850 and the lack of peer review should tip off any idiot. Then the models... lol.

Not even a 101 cc student... much less a flunky scientist gets away with that crap. That's not how science works.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
No one ever said that Realtors were environmental experts.  Although we are usually better informed on such topics.
Better informed than who? The audience for Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore?
I hope to hell you are. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

How the hell is anyone supposed to know the truth about this when you have two disparate groups of scientists claiming exactly the opposite thing.
Even if we read the so-called science websites,  most of that is now so politicized that it's become impossible for laymen to differentiate the science from the politics when the fucking scientists themselves can't even do it.
This whole issue has become more like a religion than a science.  Reason has been replaced with faith.  On ALL sides.   lol
And that is the antithesis of science.  When it comes to this thing, we're moving backwards.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah the problem is like 911 ..you listen to scientists rather than use your own brain...I knew the water levels weren't rising just a couple trips to the everglades showed me that....Kind of like scientists saying buildings fall at freefall into the path of MOST resistance...what Boob would ever believe that just from simple observation and a little experience you would know that was store bought BS.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But why even fret about it. If the global warm'ists are right, it's now too late to turn it all around anyway. So since it's now a hopeless situation, we might just as well have a hurricane party and keep spewing that carbon into the air. Besides, if we stop wasting fossil fuels, how could we still be able to enjoy a NASCAR race. Try telling those NASCAR fans they need to limit them things to about 200 horsepower to economize because we're turning NASCAR "green".
Green is the new symbol for Satan. And communism. And obama. And every other type of monster.
Black, the color of oil, is the nectar of the gods like ron reagan. Truth be told, Jesus actually turned the water into oil instead of wine. Jesus wasn't no pussy environmental wacko. I wouldn't be surprised if he owns stock in BP.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah the problem is like 911 ..you listen to scientists rather than use your own brain...I knew the water levels weren't rising just a couple trips to the everglades showed me that....Kind of like scientists saying buildings fall at freefall into the path of MOST resistance...what Boob would ever believe that just from simple observation and a little experience you would know that was store bought BS.
So global warm'ists are now akin to the people who don't believe Dick Cheney blew up the world trade center.
I'm not sure that's helping the case of the global warming debunkers, teo. lol

Then again maybe more people believe Cheney blew up the world trade center than I realize. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Maybe the real Flat Earthers are those calling global warming disbelievers "Flat Earthers."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
No one ever said that Realtors were environmental experts.  Although we are usually better informed on such topics.
Better informed than who?  The audience for Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore?  
I hope to hell you are.  lol
Better informed than the general public. That's why we sit on boards, committees and have our own lobbyists in every state and Washington.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Maybe the real Flat Earthers are those calling global warming disbelievers "Flat Earthers."
Still nothing...why is that? These are serious questions and should be a piece of cake for you and your comrades to answer.

I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY that you ignored my simple questions and, I guess, answered something entirely different. Keep up the good work!

This, you'll agree, is not an opinion piece. The Daily Mail published the information. Please share with us all the information in the article which is NOT true.

As you know, we have had no warming in 15 years and now the ice cap has expanded greatly. How then can you say that those who do not believe in Global Warming being caused by humans are the deniers? The evidence appears to be very strong that they are correct and you are wrong. That would make you the "Denier" would it not?

Here is one ZVUGKTUBM finds impossible or extremely distasteful to answer. I doubt any of you will either.

How much has the percentage of CO2 in our atmosphere increased in the past 150 years? In other words, if it was 5% 150 years ago, before the industrial revolution and my '66 Goat, what is it today? 5.5% a 10% increase, 6%, 10% a 100% increase?

Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

At the time I was working part time at the Seaquarium as a diver and general gofer.  A close friend of mine knew the curator of the Seaquarium and that's how I got the job.  The U of M Marine Lab was on the same grounds.  I thought it was pretty cool.  I got to work in the big tanks doing maintenance, that glass didn't get the algae off by themselves.  The dolphins were  always looking to play and would try to swipe the sponge I was using to clean the glass.  They'd then race around the tank with it.  I guess they expected I could chase them.

Carolina Snowball was an albino dolphin the Seaquarium had captured off the coast of South Carolina.  They had built her a separate tank.  Sometimes I'd work late and it was dark when I was leaving but I could walk through the park and stop at her tank.  It was huge but I could slap the wall and she'd come flying over to where I was in an instant.  In a week or two she'd play catch with me and a beach ball.  She was a little like a dog, she loved to be patted when she brought it back or she'd just dive under it and pop it out of the water.  She never got tired of it and I always hated to have leave her there alone.  When I moved to Key West I missed her as much as any of my other friends.

I have followed the story about the dolphins dying apparently from measles.  I don't follow it nearly as close as I once did and I will always regret never taking the time to dive the Great Barrier Reef.
This is a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing. Im so envious of your experience with snowball.

I have some interesting connections between storms and die offs if you ever want to discuss it. maybe I should start a thread.

anyway, about this topic before I run off to work. we have pretty much beaten the left down on this topic here. You should know that Zvug agrees with you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
At the time I was working part time at the Seaquarium as a diver and general gofer.  A close friend of mine knew the curator of the Seaquarium and that's how I got the job.  The U of M Marine Lab was on the same grounds.  I thought it was pretty cool.  I got to work in the big tanks doing maintenance, that glass didn't get the algae off by themselves.  The dolphins were  always looking to play and would try to swipe the sponge I was using to clean the glass.  They'd then race around the tank with it.  I guess they expected I could chase them.

Carolina Snowball was an albino dolphin the Seaquarium had captured off the coast of South Carolina.  They had built her a separate tank.  Sometimes I'd work late and it was dark when I was leaving but I could walk through the park and stop at her tank.  It was huge but I could slap the wall and she'd come flying over to where I was in an instant.  In a week or two she'd play catch with me and a beach ball.  She was a little like a dog, she loved to be patted when she brought it back or she'd just dive under it and pop it out of the water.  She never got tired of it and I always hated to have leave her there alone.  When I moved to Key West I missed her as much as any of my other friends.

I have followed the story about the dolphins dying apparently from measles.  I don't follow it nearly as close as I once did and I will always regret never taking the time to dive the Great Barrier Reef.
Nice post. But you should be aware that rush limbaugh, sean hannity, mitt romney, and all those wonderful republicans you like so much don't give a shit about your feelings for dolphins. If it meant making a few more dollars, they'd poison that ocean so fast it would make your head spin and wouldn't give a damn about any dolphins or anything else.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Nice post.  But you should be aware that rush limbaugh,  sean hannity,  mitt romney,  and all those wonderful republicans you like so much don't give a shit about your feelings for dolphins.  If it meant making a few more dollars,  they'd poison that ocean so fast it would make your head spin and wouldn't give a damn about any dolphins or anything else.
You are pathetic.

Try answering the questions I posed instead of your childish, unfounded, vicious attacks instead.

Oh...that's right, you are afraid to post the truth.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
You are pathetic.

Try answering the questions I posed instead of your childish, unfounded, vicious attacks instead.

I replied to your quote. There were no questions in the quote.
I think it showed a side of you that we don't get to see enough and I enjoyed reading it. That's what I meant by "nice post".

And then I added that the political party you align yourself with wouldn't give a crap about you or the dolphins or the environment.
Pathetic or not that is the truth. And it saddens me that you let them manipulate you.

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

This is a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing. Im so envious of your experience with snowball.

I have some interesting connections between storms and die offs if you ever want to discuss it. maybe I should start a thread.

anyway, about this topic before I run off to work. we have pretty much beaten the left down on this topic here. You should know that Zvug agrees with you.
I've not really kept up with it since then.

There was a prominent scientist working at the U of M Marine Labs at the time. He believed that dolphins could be trained to talk and communicate with humans. He was controversial to say the least. His research resulted in killing the dolphin he was studying. I was young, naïve and had come to think of them as people. The good Doctor didn't use the dolphins at the Seaquarium but it was still very disconcerting for me at the time.

My fantasy was to get my Phd in the field but a career opportunity opened up in a different field and I thought I would take a break. I never looked back. Funny how life works out sometimes.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
You are pathetic.

I replied to your quote.  There were no questions in the quote.
I think it showed a side of you that we don't get to see enough and I enjoyed reading it.   That's what I meant by "nice post".

And then I added that the political party you align yourself with wouldn't give a crap about you or the dolphins or the environment.  
Pathetic or not that is the truth.  And it saddens me that you let them manipulate you.
You have NOTHING to substantiate your inflammatory, FALSE statements.

Here are the questions.

This, you'll agree, is not an opinion piece. The Daily Mail published the information. Please share with us all the information in the article which is NOT true.

As you know, we have had no warming in 15 years and now the ice cap has expanded greatly. How then can you say that those who do not believe in Global Warming being caused by humans are the deniers? The evidence appears to be very strong that they are correct and you are wrong. That would make you the "Denier" would it not?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Well, firstly we have this occurring...

Record Dolphin, Sea Turtle Deaths Since Gulf Spill

http://news.discovery.com/animals/whales-dolphins/record-dolphin-sea-turtle-deaths-since-gulf-spill-130402.htm

Rush Limbaugh is one of the most influential spokespersons for the ideas of the republican party.

First he suggested that "eco-terrorists" intentionally sabotaged the Deepwater Horizon oil rig and caused the explosion which brought on the oil spill. Same sort of "false flag" claims Alex Jones makes.

After he got laughed at for telling us that, he then took another tack. That's when he started telling us any clean-up of the oil spill was unncessary because the BP oil was as natural as the seawater...
"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."

I don't think that dolphin you got to know would agree with him.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Well,  firstly we have this occurring...

Record Dolphin, Sea Turtle Deaths Since Gulf Spill

http://news.discovery.com/animals/whales-dolphins/record-dolphin-sea-turtle-deaths-since-gulf-spill-130402.htm

Rush Limbaugh is one of the most influential spokespersons for the ideas of the republican party.

First he suggested that "eco-terrorists" intentionally sabotaged the Deepwater Horizon oil rig and caused the explosion which brought on the oil spill.  Same sort of "false flag" claims Alex Jones makes.

After he got laughed at for telling us that,  he then took another tack.  That's when he started telling us any clean-up of the oil spill was unncessary because the BP oil was as natural as the seawater...
"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."
I don't think that dolphin you got to know would agree with him.
Which turned out to be true. The oil was absorbed by the gulf much sooner than expected.

Please show a quote where he said a clean up was unnecessary. Rush Limbaugh is also an entertainer and yanking the chains of Progressives.

Do you have any idea of how much oil seeps naturally into the gulf?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I take back what I said about you, markel. At first I thought you were showing some signs of humanity with what you wrote about that experience with the dolphin. But that glimmer of humanity you expressed is just too outweighed by your political brainwashing for it to count.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I take back what I said about you,  markel.  At first I thought you were showing some signs of humanity with what you wrote about that experience with the dolphin.  But that glimmer of humanity you expressed is just too outweighed by your political brainwashing for it to count.
I'm so sorry that the FACTS and TRUTH continue to annoy you so much. I guess you'll just have to live with it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:How the hell is anyone supposed to know the truth about this when you have two disparate groups of scientists claiming exactly the opposite thing.

That isn't what we have here.  We have the general consensus of virtually the entire scientific community of the world....and then republicans and a few one-off scientists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on climate change. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), summarized below:

Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]

Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.[6]

"Benefits and costs of climate change for [human] society will vary widely by location and scale.[7] Some of the effects in temperate and polar regions will be positive and others elsewhere will be negative.[7] Overall, net effects are more likely to be strongly negative with larger or more rapid warming."[7]

"[...] the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time"[8]

"The resilience of many ecosystems is likely to be exceeded this century by an unprecedented combination of climate change, associated disturbances (e.g. flooding, drought, wildfire, insects, ocean acidification) and other global change drivers (e.g. land-use change, pollution, fragmentation of natural systems, over-exploitation of resources)"[9]

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points; the last was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists,[10] which in 2007[11] updated its 1999 statement rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate with its current non-committal position.[12] Some other organizations, primarily those focusing on geology, also hold non-committal positions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum