Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him!

+2
2seaoat
Wordslinger
6 posters

Who's for bombing Syria?

Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! I_vote_lcap43%Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! I_vote_rcap 43% [ 3 ]
Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! I_vote_lcap0%Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! I_vote_lcap57%Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! I_vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

It's time to terminate presidents who defy the Constitution -- and time also to fire anyone elected to congress who let's them do so, war or peace!!

Screw Amerika Inc.!!

2seaoat

I think you need to read the war powers act. In an age when this nation, or critical interests of this nation can be decimated in a very short time frame, how exactly are you going to get a vote in hours when they are currently in recess. No, the war powers act has a purpose, and it is easily manipulated to justify almost anything. If the President was smart, he would let congress debate the same and wait for the response, however on the flip side it will set a precedent of chilling required action, and that is equally as bad as simply intervening in a civil war without true authorization from the American people..........If any of this was simple, any of us could have done the job.

Obama violated the war powers act by attacking libya imo... and perhaps in other strikes in other sovereign nations.

There is no provision to circumvent congress in time of recess... and we were not then nor are we now under imminent threat.

WAR CRIMINAL..!!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

How many times do we have to get involved militarily in the business of other countries before we get the idea that it is not a successful way to go about things? When was this ever a good idea? When did things turn out as predicted in this sort of situation?

Surely there will be civilians killed by our missile strikes. What would a direct strike on a stockpile of chemical weapons do? Wouldn't the chemicals be dispersed and kill thousands?

I can see no purpose to missile strikes. What would it accomplish?

2seaoat

Hardly, but then again you had nobody on the airline down in in Scotland and therefore Mr. K and his terrorist history was of no concern to you. When President Bush senior bombed his tent and killed children, where were you............if it was easy to kill our enemies, then we would have no wars, but cowardly terrorist can attack America and hide with impunity, as they hope we are impotent and a paper tiger......we are neither, and the War Power Act has been abused, but it is there for a reason. If you do not like it, then work to overturn the same. However, until it is overturned, the executive can kill with impunity and you can whine, or work to change the law.

You kill our citizens, you risk being killed......pretty simple proposition which most certainly can be abused, but most reasonable people understand the necessity for the War Power Act.

2seaoat

We simply do not have that intelligence. If it was simple, it would be a strike against those responsible, and a strike against any stockpiles such that the act could not be repeated. It is not simple. Therefore, it will get messy. It was messy in Kosovo, but thousands of lives were saved by Nato finally taking a stand on the slaughter. The key here is a coalition, or UN Sanctioned response on a clearly delineated target which would lessen the threat to innocent civilians. If that cannot be accomplished, stand down.

This is President Obama's defining moment. A real tough guy does not worry about being called a wimp. A real tough guy worries little about others opinions. A real tough guy does what is correct. He needs to eat some crow and stand down...........a strong man could do this.

Lol... moot point. Russia and probably china too will veto action in the un security council. Then what?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

You kill our citizens, you risk being killed......pretty simple proposition.
Unfortunately, that so-called simple proposition cannot happen. Because Obama has already told Assad that he will not be a target.
Assad will live. It will be many many others whose names we don't know because they aren't famous who will be doing the dying for Assad.

2seaoat

Then what?

The usual NATO alternative........probably some stretch concerning Turkey and the skirmishes along its border.......

othershoe1030 wrote:How many times do we have to get involved militarily in the business of other countries before we get the idea that it is not a successful way to go about things? When was this ever a good idea? When did things turn out as predicted in this sort of situation?

Surely there will be civilians killed by our missile strikes. What would a direct strike on a stockpile of chemical weapons do? Wouldn't the chemicals be dispersed and kill thousands?

It won't accomplish anything because Obama won't be taking out the perpetrator of these acts- Assad.

knothead

knothead

It's a no win situation or a Catch 22 . . . . . . take out Assad and the country will be over run with extremists and or al Quaida. Side with the rebels who will lose to the extremists elements supplied by Iran and Russia. Our options and choices are very limited except to just stay out of it and there will be consequences for no action . . . .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead wrote:It's a no win situation or a Catch 22 . . . . . . take out Assad and the country will be over run with extremists and or al Quaida.
Yep that's how conflict works with nations and heads of state.
But it's quite odd. Because it's like the police having a policy that when a gang leader slaughters a bunch of innocent people, the police don't try to capture or kill the gang leader himself. The reasoning being that if they do go after the gang leader, then another gang leader will take his place.
That is so insane that it boggles the mind. And it's the reason why I no longer have any respect for war amongst nations. Period. The whole thing about nations going to war is so convoluted that it makes me want to puke.

2seaoat

I just heard his news conference. He has established the nexus under the war powers act......he can go all alone into this..........got even his own party convinced he has become Rambo......Syrians are running around hiding assets.......the Russians are calling for an emergency Security Counsel meeting.........the Hawks in Congress are having second thoughts.......and the President has had everybody bite......lock stock and barrel.......that he is going to do something Rambo like..........brings a smile to my face.......as a poker player.........pure theater.......but he is getting the needed reaction, and he may actually have the strength to do nothing......I love the drama, but hate the consequences........500 dead children gassed by nerve agents is reality.........hopefully, he can bring this civil war and all the players to the table........but Rambo acting alone.........the crazed power hungry omnipotent crazy.........bluff.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I just heard his news conference.   He has established the nexus under the war powers act......he can go all alone into this..........got even his own party convinced he has become Rambo......Syrians are running around hiding assets.......the Russians are calling for an emergency Security Counsel meeting.........the Hawks in Congress are having second thoughts.......and the President has had everybody bite......lock stock and barrel.......that he is going to do something Rambo like..........brings a smile to my face.......as a poker player.........pure theater.......but he is getting the needed reaction, and he may actually have the strength to do nothing......I love the drama, but hate the consequences........500 dead children gassed by nerve agents is reality.........hopefully, he can bring this civil war and all the players to the table........but Rambo acting alone.........the crazed power hungry omnipotent crazy.........bluff.
I hope it is a bluff because I feel as if I'm back in George W  land and I don't like the feeling AT ALL. I used to wake up every morning with a feeling of dread waiting to see what the cowboy would do next. Obama is no cowboy so I hope he has something going on behind the scenes. He admitted there is no military solution but keeps bringing up international norms.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:I can see no purpose to missile strikes. What would it accomplish?

We simply do not have that intelligence.  If it was simple, it would be a strike against those responsible, and a strike against any stockpiles such that the act could not be repeated.    It is not simple.   Therefore, it will get messy.   It was messy in Kosovo, but thousands of lives were saved by Nato finally taking a stand on the slaughter.   The key here is a coalition, or UN Sanctioned response on a clearly delineated target which would lessen the threat to innocent civilians.   If that cannot be accomplished, stand down.

This is President Obama's defining moment.   A real tough guy does not worry about being called a wimp.   A real tough guy worries little about others opinions.   A real tough guy does what is correct.   He needs to eat some crow and stand down...........a strong man could do this.
"A real tough guy does what is correct." What the Hell is "correct" here? Saddam nerve-gassed Iranian army units with stuff we sold him -- fact -- we used CS gas to clear underground tunnel networks used by the Vietnamese in that un-winnable war. If you feel its necessary to project an image of American morality, go ahead but we all know the truth. This has nothing to do with gassed civilians and everything to do with image and politics. If Obama goes on his own there will be impeachment proceedings and he damned well knows that. And maybe that's the kind of fight he favors when he faces so many other sour issues. Your tough guy has never been able to stand up for the people against Wall Street, the Military, the NSA or the MIC. Reality!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:It's time to terminate presidents who defy the Constitution -- and time also to fire anyone elected to congress who let's them do so, war or peace!!
Screw Amerika Inc.!!

Replace them with some of your idols?  Maybe Bernie Sanders President and Sam Webb as Vice President?

Last edited by Markle on 8/30/2013, 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

2seaoat

Actually eight years of Bernie Sanders would not be the end of the world. He is a very wise man. A little Uncle Bernie might offset the status quo.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:It's time to terminate presidents who defy the Constitution -- and time also to fire anyone elected to congress who let's them do so, war or peace!!

Screw Amerika Inc.!!
Replace them with some of you idols?  Maybe Bernie Sanders President and Sam Webb as Vice President?
Suits me fine!!

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

You kill our citizens, you risk being killed......pretty simple proposition.
Unfortunately,  that so-called simple proposition cannot happen.  Because Obama has already told Assad that he will not be a target.
Assad will live.  It will be many many others whose names we don't know because they aren't famous who will be doing the dying for Assad.

Please show us a quote from a reliable source where President Barack Hussein Obama has said that Assad will not be a target.... President Obama has ALSO said Assad must go....

There have been 130,000+ killed over the past three years. President Obama also drew a red line in the sand about using chemical or biological weapons.

SNAFU But, what else do you expect from someone whose greatest achievement has been running an ACORN meeting?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Screw Amerika Inc.!!
Replace them with some of you idols?  Maybe Bernie Sanders President and Sam Webb as Vice President?
Suits me fine!!
We know you're proud to be a Communist.

2seaoat

SNAFU But, what else do you expect from someone whose greatest achievement has been running an ACORN meeting?

The economic news must not be sitting well with you today...........the Syrian matter has the pups barking and nipping at his heels.......he is playing this like the pro he is.......you are making it easy for him........at what point are you going to realize underestimating your opponent in a poker game usually does not bode well.

lol... you're a good mark... not many players can bluff themselves. Obama is frozen stiff... scared to death.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:SNAFU But, what else do you expect from someone whose greatest achievement has been running an ACORN meeting?

The economic news must not be sitting well with you today...........the Syrian matter has the pups barking and nipping at his heels.......he is playing this like the pro he is.......you are making it easy for him........at what point are you going to realize underestimating your opponent in a poker game usually does not bode well.
No one can underestimate President Barack Hussein Obama.

You are swallowing the Cool Aid he is serving up in barrels with regard to the economy.

He has lied about the rate his deficit spending is dropping.  He also avoids the part where it is at the highest of any nation in the world, ever in history.

For the administration, "their" debt clock STOPPED on May 17, 2013 at $16,699,396,000,000.00. With no change in the existing law and spending, our spending is putting us $50,000.00 deeper in debt EVERY SECOND since that time.

By the end of 2016 = $18.8 TRILLION
By the end of 2019 = $21.2 TRILLION
By the end of 2022 = $24.2 TRILLION
Figures from CBO

Money, paper dollars are being printed faster than any time in our history.

Just the interest is staggering.  This does not include the massive new cost of ObamaCare.

Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! Kool-aid-new-large-tub-1640-p

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Screw Amerika Inc.!!
Suits me fine!!
We know you're proud to be a Communist.
Markle, I'm every bit as much of a communist as you are a Nazi. LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:SNAFU But, what else do you expect from someone whose greatest achievement has been running an ACORN meeting?

No one can underestimate President Barack Hussein Obama.

You are swallowing the Cool Aid he is serving up in barrels with regard to the economy.

He has lied about the rate his deficit spending is dropping.  He also avoids the part where it is at the highest of any nation in the world, ever in history.

For the administration, "their" debt clock STOPPED on May 17, 2013 at $16,699,396,000,000.00.  With no change in the existing law and spending, our spending is putting us $50,000.00 deeper in debt EVERY SECOND since that time.

By the end of 2016 = $18.8 TRILLION
By the end of 2019 = $21.2 TRILLION
By the end of 2022 = $24.2 TRILLION
Figures from CBO

Money, paper dollars are being printed faster than any time in our history.

Just the interest is staggering.  This does not include the massive new cost of ObamaCare.

Syria: If Obama makes the decision without congressional approval -- fire him! Kool-aid-new-large-tub-1640-p
Herr Markle, you quote Churchill as though he was a paragon of honesty and wisdom. In fact he believed in Britain's right to subjugate and control all the millions who lived in countries Britain had conquered. He hated the Jews, and his economic policies were so disliked, that as soon as WWII ended the British people threw him away like used toilet paper. Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum