Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Farmers' Almanac: Bitterly cold winter coming

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57600023/farmers-almanac-predicts-a-bitterly-cold-winter/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Good maybe it will kill off some of these bugs this year. We have had a glut of insect pests this year.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Great. I go and plan my first bow hunt in Iowa and they want to predict this crap? That sucks!

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm thinking we got back to Florida just in time.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dammit...will I have to turn the heat on this year?

ImpishScoundrel wrote:Great. I go and plan my first bow hunt in Iowa and they want to predict this crap? That sucks!
They make amazing winter gear these days... although it's a little pricey if you're not going to use it very often.

I can stay outside all day in northern michigan hunting december... I take toe warmers too... but have never used them.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

PkrBum wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:Great.  I go and plan my first bow hunt in Iowa and they want to predict this crap?  That sucks!
They make amazing winter gear these days... although it's a little pricey if you're not going to use it very often.

I can stay outside all day in northern michigan hunting december... I take toe warmers too... but have never used them.
It's the pricey part that hurts, especially when I have to start from scratch.

50 degrees in Florida-----50 degrees in Wisconsin

Farmers' Almanac:  Bitterly cold winter coming 0OekA

Sal

Sal

lol

People down here pull out the earmuffs and fur-lined boots when it gets down into the 60s.

I laughed my ass off when I first moved down.

Now, my blood has thinned out, and I'm shivering with everyone else.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:Great.  I go and plan my first bow hunt in Iowa and they want to predict this crap?  That sucks!

Imp go to Goodwill in Iowa after you get there and you can find some warm clothes as long as you don't mind used....

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Farmers' Almanac:  Bitterly cold winter coming Th?id=H.4888919436102376&pid=1

They're also predicting an early snowfall, November and maybe even October, here in Iowa this year. So you might want to put a parka, thermals, and snowshoes, on that shopping list if you don't have them already.

Good hunting!

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJSUT8Inl14

Smile

knothead

knothead

What ya huntin'? If it's deer you're after I'll hire you to kill all you want at my lake place in KY . . . . . they are everywhere! I gut shoot them if given an opportunity . . . .

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Imp go to Goodwill in Iowa after you get there and you can find some warm clothes as long as you don't mind used....
Unfortunately, you don't find too much in the way of Cammo at the Goodwill. Otherwise, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

knothead wrote:

What ya huntin'? If it's deer you're after I'll hire you to kill all you want at my lake place in KY . . . . . they are everywhere! I gut shoot them if given an opportunity . . . .
That's something to definitely keep in mind. Never been to Kentucky, I'll have to do a little research on it.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Damaged Eagle wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Farmers' Almanac:  Bitterly cold winter coming Th?id=H.4888919436102376&pid=1

They're also predicting an early snowfall, November and maybe even October, here in Iowa this year. So you might want to put a parka, thermals, and snowshoes, on that shopping list if you don't have them already.

Good hunting!

*****SMILE*****

Smile
If you're trying to cheer me up, it didn't work. All I ask is for a little good weather when I'm hunting. After that, it can do whatever it wants. The snowblower is ready, and the parka and snow pants are hanging in the closet.

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Good hunting!

*****SMILE*****

Smile
If you're trying to cheer me up, it didn't work.  All I ask is for a little good weather when I'm hunting.  After that, it can do whatever it wants.  The snowblower is ready, and the parka and snow pants are hanging in the closet.
Farmers' Almanac:  Bitterly cold winter coming Th?id=H.5012803463415673&pid=1

Nah. Just passin' on a friendly warnin' of what mother nature might have in store for us Iowa boys this year.

Good luck with that hunting trip though.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93S_l0qZrXA

Smile 

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Damaged Eagle wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Good hunting!

*****SMILE*****

Smile
If you're trying to cheer me up, it didn't work.  All I ask is for a little good weather when I'm hunting.  After that, it can do whatever it wants.  The snowblower is ready, and the parka and snow pants are hanging in the closet.
Farmers' Almanac:  Bitterly cold winter coming Th?id=H.5012803463415673&pid=1

Nah. Just passin' on a friendly warnin' of what mother nature might have in store for us Iowa boys this year.

Good luck with that hunting trip though.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93S_l0qZrXA

Smile 
So long as it's not as bad as the winter of '08 I'll be fine with it. That was the winter I had my first experience with truck figure skating.

Really looking forward to putting a nice bit of venison in the freezer. Just hope my archery skills are up to snuff.

ImpishScoundrel wrote:So long as it's not as bad as the winter of '08 I'll be fine with it.  That was the winter I had my first experience with truck figure skating.

Really looking forward to putting a nice bit of venison in the freezer.  Just hope my archery skills are up to snuff.
Farmers' Almanac:  Bitterly cold winter coming Th?id=H.4526295385769496&pid=1

Right now I'm looking forward to a little snow to test out my neused baby.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kb2x0D584c

Cool 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum