Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Police , more dangerous than street gangs ?...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/08/william-norman-grigg/abolish-your-local-police-2/

DON'T support your local police gang...

There is no place in a genuinely civilized society for any group of people – however accoutered, by whatever name they call themselves – who claim the supposed authority to commit violent aggression. Anybody who countenances such behavior in the name of “supporting your local police” is an enemy to human liberty and basic decency.

There is definitely a growing problem in America of police violence against people of all ages, sex, race, nationalities, etc.

I am from Little Rock AR originally before moving to Alpharetta GA and then to Europe.

Little Rock held the non-distinction of leading the USA in murders / homicide per capita in 1991-1992 due to gang violence. With 57 identified gangs competing over drug sales, it was not hard to understand why 86 lost their lives in 1 year.

One of my neighbors was Keith Jackson of NFL fame. He was All America at Oklahoma, then All Pro in the NFL and retired when Green Bay won the Super Bowl.

He founded an organization named PARK, Positive Atmospheres Reach Kids and it has been instrumental in helping to turn Little Rock around. The Black church ministers got involved, too.

Some say 'the only way to fix a fool is shame a fool' and the ministers showed remarkable courage in facing down the gangs.

I saw the difference first hand and now believe that any city that wants to change the drugs and gangs problems all across America has to first start in organizing what is needed to fight back.

The answer is not the police. They have been making the problem worse and worse by waging war against the poor and disadvantaged.

The change has to happen from within a community from the churches, concerned citizens and then confront those that cannot seem to play by the rules. They change, it all changes for the better.

knothead

knothead

AmericanSwiss wrote:There is definitely a growing problem in America of police violence against people of all ages, sex, race, nationalities, etc.

I am from Little Rock AR originally before moving to Alpharetta GA and then to Europe.

Little Rock held the non-distinction of leading the USA in murders / homicide per capita in 1991-1992 due to gang violence.  With 57 identified gangs competing over drug sales, it was not hard to understand why 86 lost their lives in 1 year.

One of my neighbors was Keith Jackson of NFL fame.  He was All America at Oklahoma, then All Pro in the NFL and retired when Green Bay won the Super Bowl.

He founded an organization named PARK, Positive Atmospheres Reach Kids and it has been instrumental in helping to turn Little Rock around.  The Black church ministers got involved, too.

Some say 'the only way to fix a fool is shame a fool' and the ministers showed remarkable courage in facing down the gangs.

I saw the difference first hand and now believe that any city that wants to change the drugs and gangs problems all across America has to first start in organizing what is needed to fight back.  

The answer is not the police.  They have been making the problem worse and worse by waging war against the poor and disadvantaged.

The change has to happen from within a community from the churches, concerned citizens and then confront those that cannot seem to play by the rules.  They change, it all changes for the better.

Thank you for sharing your story . . . encouraging and positive. Good post.

4Police , more dangerous than street gangs ?... Empty You are WELCOME 2/27/2014, 12:05 pm

I remind people all the time: 'where are the police when you needed them?' Relying on them, especially with so many military PSTD rejects from Afghanistan and Iraq is not a good option. Every day the police prove they are not to be trusted, too violent to respect.

I do not need Uncle Sam to protect me or my family, will handle that myself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum