Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Healthcare rates going down for consumers in states that are setting up the insurance exchanges prescribed in the PPACA

+2
knothead
VectorMan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Great news for heath insurance participants in states that are setting up the insurance exchanges prescribed in the PPACA.

Check this out: http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/17/news/economy/obamacare-health-insurance-new-york/index.html

or: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/05/24/unexpected-health-insurance-rate-shock-california-obamacare-insurance-exchange-announces-premium-rates/

This is great news. This is exactly how Obamacare is going to save trillions of dollars in the second decade. States like CA, NY, OR, and WA are already showing drops in health insurance premiums in the exchanges. Too bad we live in FL. I cannot wait to see my health insurance premiums drop.
Thanks!

2Healthcare rates going down for consumers in states that are setting up the insurance exchanges prescribed in the PPACA Empty amazing.... 7/24/2013, 2:51 am

Amazing how when one presents facts, the conservatives get really quiet.
Even dummies know when to shut the hell up.
Thanks.

NotoriousBIG wrote:Amazing how when one presents facts, the conservatives get really quiet.
Thanks.

Apologize...asked for one idiot to come forward that actually could attempt to defend cowh [name] healthcare...

Why would someone pick a dead rapper thug as their avatar and then try to present a serious issue?

CNN? Really? That's a credible source?

NotoriousBIG wrote:Amazing how when one presents facts, the conservatives get really quiet.
Thanks.

Looking at the time of your post and the meaningless drivel therein I would suspect you have been up all night smoking crack again.

nochain wrote:
Thanks.

Looking at the time of your post and the meaningless drivel therein I would suspect you have been up all night smoking crack again.

Crackheads would make more sense......

They are reporting this in all the insurance journals, but there also was a catch in those particular states for lower costs and I can't remember all of them but one major one was less coverage. In the states that do not have an exchange and for people that do not purchase thru the Federal exchange in those states can expect skyrocketing health insurance premiums next year. Will see a preview Friday but what I've been told anywhere between 30-60% increase in premiums by next July with individual plans in Florida. But since it is believed that around 75% will qualify for something of a subsidy this may only hit the one's making over 400% of poverty level.

NotoriousBIG wrote:Great news for heath insurance participants in states that are setting up the insurance exchanges prescribed in the PPACA.

Check this out: http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/17/news/economy/obamacare-health-insurance-new-york/index.html

or: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/05/24/unexpected-health-insurance-rate-shock-california-obamacare-insurance-exchange-announces-premium-rates/

This is great news. This is exactly how Obamacare is going to save trillions of dollars in the second decade. States like CA, NY, OR, and WA are already showing drops in health insurance premiums in the exchanges. Too bad we live in FL. I cannot wait to see my health insurance premiums drop.
Thanks!

ITS FLUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Kliff continues, “On average, the most affordable “silver plan” – which covers 70 percent of the average subscriber’s medical costs – comes with a $276 monthly premium. For the 2.6 million Californians who will receive federal subsidies, the price is a good deal less expensive…”

This is nothing but fluff. This admin is desperate to sell this beast.

Ins companies by the droves are fleeing california and funny you would use cali as a example anyway.

anyway, this is BS

VectorMan

VectorMan

The usual smoke and mirrors. Nothing more.

Like I said before, I'm glad Obama decided to embrace the name "ObamaCare". It'll help people remember the idiots responsible.

VectorMan wrote:The usual smoke and mirrors. Nothing more.

Like I said before, I'm glad Obama decided to embrace the name "ObamaCare". It'll help people remember the idiots responsible.

I hope "Obamacare" includes coverage for people who obsess on hating him.

knothead

knothead

The comments made toward 'Notorious whatever' are not amusing; rather they prove unequivocally the racist attitude(s) we claim to despise.  For all my life I have sat quietly on the sideline and listened without comment which is a form of acceptance for this level of racial commentary.  This individual always posts respectfully and intelligently and does not deserve to become a target of you who choose to attempt to degrade him when in fact you are degrading yourself.  Each of you should apologize to this individual!

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sir Loin wrote:
VectorMan wrote:The usual smoke and mirrors. Nothing more.

I hope "Obamacare" includes coverage for people who obsess on hating him.

I don't hate the idiot, but I do despise him and his liberal kind.

Hopefully we'll never have to find out if ObamaCare covers the people that hate him.

knothead wrote:The comments made toward 'Notorious whatever' are not amusing; rather they prove unequivocally the racist attitude(s) we claim to despise.  For all my life I have sat quietly on the sideline and listened without comment which is a form of acceptance for this level of racial commentary.  This individual always posts respectfully and intelligently and does not deserve to become a target of you who choose to attempt to degrade him when in fact you are degrading yourself.  Each of you should apologize to this individual!

Notorious BIG was a thug and killed by other thugs. It has nothing to do with racism. Hell, his murderer was an African American for God's sake. Please get it right before you toss out the race card.Rolling Eyes

He sang about getting high, killing people, and womanizing/degrading women.

Do your homework on NotoriousBIG, aka Biggie Smalls, aka Christopher Wallace and then get back to me. He went out the same way Tupac Shakur went out...in a hail of gunfire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Notorious_B.I.G.

14Healthcare rates going down for consumers in states that are setting up the insurance exchanges prescribed in the PPACA Empty off the subject, again.... 7/27/2013, 4:48 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:The comments made toward 'Notorious whatever' are not amusing; rather they prove unequivocally the racist attitude(s) we claim to despise.  For all my life I have sat quietly on the sideline and listened without comment which is a form of acceptance for this level of racial commentary.  This individual always posts respectfully and intelligently and does not deserve to become a target of you who choose to attempt to degrade him when in fact you are degrading yourself.  Each of you should apologize to this individual!

Notorious BIG was a thug and killed by other thugs. It has nothing to do with racism. Hell, his murderer was an African American for God's sake. Please get it right before you toss out the race card.Rolling Eyes

He sang about getting high, killing people, and womanizing/degrading women.

Do your homework on NotoriousBIG, aka Biggie Smalls, aka Christopher Wallace and then get back to me. He went out the same way Tupac Shakur went out...in a hail of gunfire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Notorious_B.I.G.

Any comments on the fact that Obamacare is bringing down health insurance premiums in states that have set up the health care exchanges?
That is the subject, ADHD boy.

Now, to your personal attacks on me even though you know nothing about me. Rap music is funny, and it has a good beat. That is all there is.
And I think it is ironic that a dead rapper can express himself in a more intelligent fashion than any of the frighty rightie contributors to this forum.
Obviously, you put very much thought into your screen name and avatar!!!! LOL
Thanks!!!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Very interesting articles--obviously unread by any of the flies that landed on this thread. Thanks for sharing them, Big....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Competition was what the conservative think tank wanted when the created the concept of Romney/Obama care. It really makes sense, and the transition will be rough. I personally think it is wasting time.......single pay is the only way to go.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Uh-oh, Half of California ObamaCare Call Center Jobs Are Part-time

On Twitter on Friday night, NBC political director Chuck Todd tweeted about “Another PR prob of WH on health care.” Will NBC and MSNBC pick this up?

Matthias Gafni of the Contra Costa Times was stunned to discover “Half of Affordable Care Act call center jobs will be part-time.” Oh, that won’t look good for ObamaCare backers. Gafni reported:

Earlier this year, Contra Costa County won the right to run a health care call center, where workers will answer questions to help implement the president's Affordable Care Act. Area politicians called the 200-plus jobs it would bring to the region an economic coup.

Now, with two months to go before the Concord operation opens to serve the public, information has surfaced that about half the jobs are part-time, with no health benefits -- a stinging disappointment to workers and local politicians who believed the positions would be full-time.

The Contra Costa County supervisor whose district includes the call center called the whole hiring process -- which attracted about 7,000 applicants -- a "comedy of errors.”

"The battle for the call center was over jobs with good working wages and benefits; I never dreamed they would be part-time," said Karen Mitchoff, who has heard from complaining constituents and expressed her "extreme displeasure with how it was handled" to call center supervisors.

One recent hire, who last week learned the job would be part-time, said the new "intermittent" employees feel like they've been used as a political tool, and many now regret applying for the positions.

"What's really ironic is working for a call center and trying to help people get health care, but we can't afford it ourselves," said the worker, who asked for anonymity out of fear of losing the job.

The call center is funded by the state government, and run by the county.

The county says it had been telling the public and supervisors all along that some positions would be full-time and some part-time. However, portions of staff reports list all 204 jobs as full-time, and a job posting said the same.

The new hires, many of whom left other full-time jobs for the call center positions, were told they were the "cream of the crop," the recent hire said.

Orientation and training started in July, but stopped on the afternoon of July 18, when employees were told they would have private meetings about their positions, the employee said.

"It reminded me of that George Clooney movie where he goes around the country firing people ('Up in the Air')," the employee said. "The woman said, 'I know you were led to believe you would be full time, but things have changed. ... You are actually 'part-time intermittent.'"

The worker said no clear reasons for the change were given.

Those who became part-time were told they would have to pay full freight on their health plans, ranging from $600 to $1,200 a month for a single worker and between $1,400 to $2,900 a month for an employee with a family. That is a steep bill for employees with part-time jobs paying from $15.33 to $18.63 an hour.

Another applicant said he ditched another job offer after getting a congratulatory hiring letter from call center operators in June, only to be given the runaround in the months since.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2013/07/26/chuck-todd-tweets-uh-oh-half-california-obamacare-call-center-jobs-are-p#ixzz2aHBTMEEP

Yep. This is going to turn out well. LOL

In the states that already had guaranteed issue risk pools, which New York has it will bring down the rates. The only people in those risk pools now have health problems, when you put in thousands of healthy people under obamacare you lower the risk, therefore lowering the rates.

Again anyone over the 400% poverty level in Florida and many other are going to enjoy plans that cost them 50% or higher than what they are paying now. Now people who are on grandfathered plans, pre march 23,2010 will probably not experience the outrageous rate increases they have seen in the past. Why? All the mandate's are not in them that will be in future plans. Anyone who was in a grandfathered plan but changed it to something else post 3/23/2010 is screwed, they will lose their plan either Jan 1 or if the insurance company has a plan year, example July 1 to June 30 they will lose it next July 1. But there are a few plans that did have the above plan year that are still going away Jan 1, 2014.

VectorMan wrote:Uh-oh, Half of California ObamaCare Call Center Jobs Are Part-time

On Twitter on Friday night, NBC political director Chuck Todd tweeted about “Another PR prob of WH on health care.” Will NBC and MSNBC pick this up?

Matthias Gafni of the Contra Costa Times was stunned to discover “Half of Affordable Care Act call center jobs will be part-time.” Oh, that won’t look good for ObamaCare backers. Gafni reported:

Earlier this year, Contra Costa County won the right to run a health care call center, where workers will answer questions to help implement the president's Affordable Care Act. Area politicians called the 200-plus jobs it would bring to the region an economic coup.

Now, with two months to go before the Concord operation opens to serve the public, information has surfaced that about half the jobs are part-time, with no health benefits -- a stinging disappointment to workers and local politicians who believed the positions would be full-time.

The Contra Costa County supervisor whose district includes the call center called the whole hiring process -- which attracted about 7,000 applicants -- a "comedy of errors.”

"The battle for the call center was over jobs with good working wages and benefits; I never dreamed they would be part-time," said Karen Mitchoff, who has heard from complaining constituents and expressed her "extreme displeasure with how it was handled" to call center supervisors.

One recent hire, who last week learned the job would be part-time, said the new "intermittent" employees feel like they've been used as a political tool, and many now regret applying for the positions.

"What's really ironic is working for a call center and trying to help people get health care, but we can't afford it ourselves," said the worker, who asked for anonymity out of fear of losing the job.

The call center is funded by the state government, and run by the county.

The county says it had been telling the public and supervisors all along that some positions would be full-time and some part-time. However, portions of staff reports list all 204 jobs as full-time, and a job posting said the same.

The new hires, many of whom left other full-time jobs for the call center positions, were told they were the "cream of the crop," the recent hire said.

Orientation and training started in July, but stopped on the afternoon of July 18, when employees were told they would have private meetings about their positions, the employee said.

"It reminded me of that George Clooney movie where he goes around the country firing people ('Up in the Air')," the employee said. "The woman said, 'I know you were led to believe you would be full time, but things have changed. ... You are actually 'part-time intermittent.'"

The worker said no clear reasons for the change were given.

Those who became part-time were told they would have to pay full freight on their health plans, ranging from $600 to $1,200 a month for a single worker and between $1,400 to $2,900 a month for an employee with a family. That is a steep bill for employees with part-time jobs paying from $15.33 to $18.63 an hour.

Another applicant said he ditched another job offer after getting a congratulatory hiring letter from call center operators in June, only to be given the runaround in the months since.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2013/07/26/chuck-todd-tweets-uh-oh-half-california-obamacare-call-center-jobs-are-p#ixzz2aHBTMEEP

Yep. This is going to turn out well. LOL

I wonder who they won the right from to be a call center? Call center's in the language of the law are suppose to awarded to non-profit groups and private entities, not counties and they had to apply for a grant. At any rate it is not obamacare setting up the pt jobs, I imagine the country received so much money and they decided who would be ft and pt. But just a thought, California has state exchange's and the state may have received money and did their own way. After all everyone in California does things their own way. I don't blame those people for being pissed.

I can't wait to see the government advertising that is suppose to start next month. People will probably be more confused than they are today. How many people are going to thing the so called navigators can sign them up? Many. But that is far from the truth, they can only advise and are not with any insurance company. Well it will be interesting.

VectorMan

VectorMan

IRS Workers Want Out of Obamacare

The federal employees who will be responsible for administering Obamacare for the American people don't want it for themselves.

The National Treasury Employees Union, which represents workers at the Internal Revenue Service, is asking its members to write letters to Capitol Hill saying they are "very concerned" about legislative efforts requiring IRS and Treasury employees to enroll in the Obamacare exchanges.

"I am a federal employee and one of your constituents," one letter begins, Forbes blogger Avik Roy reported on Friday. "I am very concerned about legislation that has been introduced by Congressman Dave Camp to push federal employees out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and into the insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)."

Camp, the Michigan Republican referred to in the letter, is chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, whose members oversee tax legislation in the House of Representatives. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled last year that Obamacare's insurance subsidies are technically tax credits, falling under the authority of the IRS.

Camp introduced legislation in April to put all federal employees on the healthcare exchanges in response to news reports that members of Congress and their staffs were seeking to be exempt from the Obamacare requirement that they enroll in the exchanges.

The effort by the Treasury Employees Union comes two weeks after representatives of three large labor unions fired off a strongly-worded letter to congressional Democrats, complaining that Obamacare would "shatter … our hard-earned health benefits" and create "nightmare scenarios" for their members.

The letter was signed by leaders of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and UNITE HERE, which primarily represents hospitality industry workers.

"It is insulting to the American people that the IRS is desperately trying to avoid complying with the very law they will be enforcing on American taxpayers," a Camp spokeswoman told Newsmax on Friday. "Not surprising — another day, another example of unions trying to skirt a law they spent so much time and resources supporting just a few short years ago."

Overall, Obamacare has 47 separate provisions that involve the IRS. It is the second-largest agency, after the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, charged with implementing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

The IRS has to administer Obamacare's required purchase of health coverage, checking whether millions of Americans are in compliance.

However, "there is one legitimate issue regarding members of Congress and their staff enrolling in the exchanges," Forbes notes. "Today, federal employees are offered subsidies, or vouchers, which they can use to shop for insurance on the popular federal employees' exchange, called the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program.

"Because Obamacare was drafted so hastily, it's not clear whether the law allows similar subsidies to flow to federal employees on the Obamacare exchanges," Forbes reports.
A ruling on the matter is forthcoming from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, according to Forbes.

"For inexplicable reasons," the Office of Personnel Management "has not clarified whether or not the government will be allowed to funnel subsidies through the Obamacare exchanges," Forbes notes.

"Nonetheless, it would be a very good thing for some federal employees to eat their own cooking, especially those who work for Congress, the IRS, and the Department of Health and Human Services," the Forbes report concludes. "They're the ones who are writing the Obamacare regulations; they're the ones who, in many cases, wrote the law itself.

"The IRS enforces Obamacare's individual mandate and eligibility for the exchange subsidies, among other provisions.

"They should be required to enroll in the same Obamacare exchanges that tens of millions of private citizens will have to," the report adds. "They should have to experience the same premium increases and limited flexibility that other Americans will endure there.

"Maybe then, we'll start to build a constituency for market-based reform."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/irs-obamacare-federal-unions/2013/07/26/id/517306#ixzz2aHWOtx4F
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

You see this is confusing, I have read everyone except White employee's fall under obamacare. Civil service employee's are on a group plan administered by the government as their employer. So the employer portion to report only of the mandate as been delayed until 1/2015, but the plans are going to change 1/2014. So everyone that has an employer that offer's group insurance will have many plan change's next year. From reading everything beside's your post in the past couple of days about the IRS union it appears they are being forced to purchase their own individual plans instead of having group insurance as in the past. Therefore the govt has over 50 employee's and is bound by large group rules and have to offer group benefits or face a penalty. I guess they're just bitching because their plan will change. Some congressmen and senators are bitching about the same thing. If they are still going to have group offered to them they all need to shut the fuck up.

Last thing if they are being forced to purchase individual plans then there must be plans to scrap the employer mandate all together some time next year and only enforce individual which definitely will break the system and probably lead to Medicare for all, my god can't you hear them all bitching then?

doubtingthomas wrote:You see this is confusing, I have read everyone except White employee's fall under obamacare. Civil service employee's are on a group plan administered by the government as their employer. So the employer portion to report only of the mandate as been delayed until 1/2015, but the plans are going to change 1/2014. So everyone that has an employer that offer's group insurance will have many plan change's next year. From reading everything beside's your post in the past couple of days about the IRS union it appears they are being forced to purchase their own individual plans instead of having group insurance as in the past. Therefore the govt has over 50 employee's and is bound by large group rules and have to offer group benefits or face a penalty. I guess they're just bitching because their plan will change. Some congressmen and senators are bitching about the same thing. If they are still going to have group offered to them they all need to shut the fuck up.

Last thing if they are being forced to purchase individual plans then there must be plans to scrap the employer mandate all together some time next year and only enforce individual which definitely will break the system and probably lead to Medicare for all, my god can't you hear them all bitching then?

what a silly little man you are. just because you sell people insurance plans you think you really know something about this lmao.

btw... youre out of your mind if you think there will EVER be medicare for all LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

cant even afford odumbercare....

Nekochan

Nekochan

His posts are neither respectful or intelligent and no one owes him any apology.

The posting of personal information and the threats need to stop.

Markle

Markle

I would like to know what gives this administration the authority to pick and chose what laws they are going to enforce and which they are not going to enforce.

On a whim, why does President Barack Hussein Obama have the authority to delay implementation of a key part of ObamaCare until after mid-term elections? If ObamaCare is so good, wouldn't implementing it sooner increase the chances of Democrats winning more seats in the House and Senate?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum