Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

George W. Bush: Painting Has Changed My Life

+3
2seaoat
Nekochan
ZVUGKTUBM
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was in Dinskville for the Possum Festival. I got to meet the Possum Queen.

George W. Bush: Painting Has Changed My Life - Page 2 9kTNc

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I was in Dinskville for the Possum Festival. I got to meet the Possum Queen.

Jaysus, Joseph,and Mary!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, honestly, where do you find this stuff? One minute I'm looking at dog-mules and that's weird enough....but then the next minute..wham. Shocked

2seaoat

Some things are better when they are not shared............

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Some things are better when they are not shared............

Twisted Evil

Yella

Yella

Nekochan wrote:Bob, honestly, where do you find this stuff? One minute I'm looking at dog-mules and that's weird enough....but then the next minute..wham. Shocked

Neko,we all march to a different drum. Bob's is even more different, he found his at a garage sale in Blink, Mississippi. An old Indian sold it to him for an unspecified amount of wampum. I don't know how Bob got the old boy's pipe but he has it in his museum. We often smoke it and curse the white man's ways.

George W. Bush: Painting Has Changed My Life - Page 2 Native10

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob is off on another adventure this week. No telling what he'll come back with...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Forgive me. I was just jealous of George Bush's talent and I guess I got carried away trying to one up him.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Forgive me. I was just jealous of George Bush's talent and I guess I got carried away trying to one up him.
It worked. I forget what this thread was about.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Plus I just watched the new Liberace movie on HBO. That is without a doubt the most twisted and perverted movie Hollywood has made yet. I really loved it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Please don't post a naked photo of Liberace...

Thanks for those pictures yella and grad. Bob, uh, not so much thanks for the possum queen.

I was trying to have lunch when I saw here sitting there and.......
well, you know the rest of the story.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:Please don't post a naked photo of Liberace...

I'm going to give you something a lot better. Far more interesting than Liberace or his boyfriend or Michael Douglas or Matt Damon is the person who made this crazy movie happen.
I don't know if you know the name Jerry Weintraub, but he's the most colorful individual in the entertainment business.

Here's Joe Scarborough interviewing him last week.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036789/ns/msnbc-morning_joe/vp/51915477

2seaoat

Plus I just watched the new Liberace movie on HBO. That is without a doubt the most twisted and perverted movie Hollywood has made yet. I really loved it.

It was awful........overacted and cliche...........I found it to be a oversold, and I was disappointed. I had seen the HBO previews and some of the posted reviews........and after my wife and I watched it we agreed 100%.........one dimensional, and not very good.......kinda like Brad Pitt in the Curious case of Benjamin Buttons........gee the whole movie is about the aging process and really had an opportunity to hit a home run, but it became a series of scenes with Brad Pitt in make up and aging and was entirely superficial appearances and never got to the meat and potatoes.........the acting by Douglas and Matt Damon cannot be blamed as the poorly written script took them nowhere, and the over acting was simply too much......however.....whatever floats your boat.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was worthy of being a made-for-tv movie on some obscure cable channel. But not worthy of the hype and not worthy of HBO.

The excellence of this movie is comparable to George Bush's art. In other words, I wouldn't say it was as awful as a Jackson Pollock painting, but might run a close second.

2seaoat

I was greatly disappointed. Randy shilts wrote the band played on and dealt with the serious impact of aids and the San Francisco lifestyle, which was a wonderful serious attempt to capture the lifestyle and evolution of the aids virus and how it impacted people. HBO did an excellent job.

In Liberace, I anticipated in historical context a glimpse into what it was like to be a gay entertainer in forties, fifties, sixties, and seventies. I expected dialogue and insight.......instead it was like watching Bozo put on make up for the Bozo show......yes, I understand Liberace and his stage presence, but what about the man and his life.........great disappointment. Weintraub has some great movies he was part of and this made my disappointment even greater........what was he thinking?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The credit (or lack of) also goes to Steven Soderbergh who has said this is his last movie.

But it should be pointed out that even though you and I didn't care for the movie, it gets an 88% rating from the RT critics. Go figure.

When Liberace was in Pensacola He found a rare Piano and bought it. Must have been a big deal because it was really talked up. Here is Photo of when he was here.

George W. Bush: Painting Has Changed My Life - Page 2 P676394217-3

Frank Hardy says
This is Liberace arriving in Pensacola back in the 1960′s. He used to come to Pensacola to buy antiques from several dealers in the area. One of them was my father’s friend, Ada Wilson, who would always tell my dad when Liberace was coming to town so that he could take some photos of him. I will share a story that my father shared with Liberace about seeing him in Chicago in the late 1930′s when I have more time. Thanks for looking

George W. Bush: Painting Has Changed My Life - Page 2 Liberace-4_sfw_fhp_25-july-11

Bob wrote:I was in Dinskville for the Possum Festival. I got to meet the Possum Queen.

George W. Bush: Painting Has Changed My Life - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnpnDc8LqCSiMqlVy9Wg_COhK_OU6q5xbiS2ZCDmuMly-0QJZ4sA

*****GASP!!!!!*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvrWtx1p2Fk

Shocked

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:Plus I just watched the new Liberace movie on HBO. That is without a doubt the most twisted and perverted movie Hollywood has made yet. I really loved it.

LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:It was worthy of being a made-for-tv movie on some obscure cable channel. But not worthy of the hype and not worthy of HBO.

The excellence of this movie is comparable to George Bush's art. In other words, I wouldn't say it was as awful as a Jackson Pollock painting, but might run a close second.

Speaking of Jackson Pollock, on the news tonight they featured otters from the zoo doing their weekly painting. When they have to change colors, they just take a dip in the water. They're also working with the gorillas and the chimps, and even the giraffes are getting in on the act. Your purchase pays for special treats...the otters love shrimp.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My grandma really loved Liberace. I always wondered if she knew he was...g...g...g

LOL My Mother did also. I am sure they knew. My Mother used go to Gaffers (sp) at town and country Plaza. Her hair dresser was "Charles" A real Queen LOL But he was the best in town,,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum