Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

George H. W. Bush has died

+6
EmeraldGhost
Sal
Deus X
2seaoat
Telstar
RealLindaL
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1George H. W. Bush has died Empty George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 3:10 am

RealLindaL

I was moved by this statement from the office of Barack and Michelle Obama:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/12/01/obamas-statement-george-hw-bush-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/remembering-george-h-w-bush/

Interesting to learn that apparently Obama had just visited 41 three days ago.

2George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 3:28 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:I was moved by this statement from the office of Barack and Michelle Obama:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/12/01/obamas-statement-george-hw-bush-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/remembering-george-h-w-bush/

Interesting to learn that apparently Obama had just visited 41 three days ago.

I know. I'm glad you're still awake because my headline was going to read BUSH 41 DROPS DEAD. I'll still post this as my comment.

George H. W. Bush has died Presco10

3George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 6:03 am

Telstar

Telstar

I guess the real question is will 45 be invited to 41's funeral? I predict no.

4George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 8:02 am

2seaoat

A good man who was a class act.

5George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 8:40 am

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:A good man who was a class act.

Amen to that!

6George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 12:57 pm

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:
2seaoat wrote:A good man who was a class act.

Amen to that!

Double ditto.

As for 45's being invited to the funeral, statements on Fox radio news this a.m. were that a state funeral is already being planned and that both Trump and Melania will attend.

7George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 1:21 pm

Sal

Sal

Willie Horton

Dan Quayle

Iran Contra

Clarence Thomas

... but, he was polite ...

... so, I guess I won't say "fuck him".

8George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 2:35 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Willie Horton

Dan Quayle

Iran Contra

Clarence Thomas

... but, he was polite ...

... so, I guess I won't say "fuck him".

I guess you're right so I wish him an eternity of Lee Atwater
playing guitar up inside his rectum. Good way for the both of them to spend eternity.

9George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 3:34 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Hilarious quote on CNN. Gen. Colin Powell: Bush believed politics didn't need to be 'nasty'. Of course it didn't if you had Lee Atwater around to do your dirty work. Twisted Evil

10George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 5:41 pm

RealLindaL

You may've disagreed with his policy decisions, but the man was a class act.
Here's just one example:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/george-bush-bill-clinton-letter-trnd/index.html

11George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 7:41 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Meh.  Just another millionaire politician who served corporate special interests, wall street, and the MIE and pandered for the peoples' vote by promising things (regardless of how irresponsible)  he knew he couldn't or wouldn't deliver.

I guess it could have been worse … we could have had Dukakis!

George H. W. Bush has died No%20New%20Taxes

12George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 8:51 pm

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:Meh.  Just another millionaire politician who served corporate special interests, wall street, and the MIE and pandered for the peoples' vote by promising things (regardless of how irresponsible)  he knew he couldn't or wouldn't deliver.

I guess it could have been worse … we could have had Dukakis!  

George H. W. Bush has died No%20New%20Taxes

Or a dumb stoned glibturd like Gary's Johnson.

George H. W. Bush has died Gary_j10

13George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 8:59 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Telstar wrote:

You mean that "dumb stoned glibturd" who built a 10 million dollar business he started from scratch while in college; admirably governed a State for eight years; is an avid triathlete, long distance bike rider, and mountain climber; and who has no hint of political, financial, or personal scandal in his background?

You mean that "dumb stoned glibturd"?  Would that all of our politicians were half the human being that "dumb stoned glibturd" is.

Tell us, Mr Hide-behind-your-keyboard?  What have you done?   Did you clean your room yet?

14George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 9:06 pm

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:

You mean that "dumb stoned glibturd" who built a 10 million dollar business he started from scratch while in college; admirably governed a State for eight years; is an avid triathlete, long distance bike rider, and mountain climber; and who has no hint of political, financial, or personal scandal in his background?

You mean that "dumb stoned glibturd"?  Would that all of our politicians were half the human being that "dumb stoned glibturd" is.

Tell us, Tellie?  What have you done?   Did you clean your room yet?

Nah I've been ass fucking your bimbo wife. She says the only way you can get a hard on is by ogling pictures of Gary's Johnson. Enjoy!

George H. W. Bush has died Gary_j11

15George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 9:11 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Telstar wrote:

Nah I've been ass fucking your bimbo wife.

You mean my wife of 30 years with stage 4 cancer?

What a POS you are Mr hide-behind-your-keyboard. (but you know that, don't you?)

16George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 9:20 pm

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Nah I've been ass fucking your bimbo wife.

You mean my wife of 30 years with stage 4 cancer?

What a POS you are Mr hide-behind-your-keyboard.  (but you know that, don't you?)

You want to dish it out then learn to swallow it punk. This isn't that chickenshit forum that you ran pussy lips. Still just to show know hard feelings here's another pin up of your girlfriend in all his glory.

George H. W. Bush has died Gary_j14

17George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 9:41 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

You wouldn't say what you said about my wife to my face and you know it, Mr hides-behind-his-keyboard.  You really are a POS aren't you? … must suck to be you.

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

18George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 9:49 pm

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:You wouldn't say any of that to my face and you know it, Mr hides-behind-his-keyboard.  You really are a POS aren't you … must suck to be you.

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.   I'm done here.  

Sure I would but you're just to dumb to admit it because you were hiding behind the red badge of stupid for so many years. Maybe it does suck to be me, I guess that's why your mouth is always open pussy lips. WAIT! Don't go away mad, here is a parting gift just for you.

George H. W. Bush has died Gary_j15

19George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 10:06 pm

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:You mean my wife of 30 years with stage 4 cancer?

If that's true and you used it as a come-back on an internet politics forum, you should be ashamed of yourself.

20George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/1/2018, 11:16 pm

RealLindaL

GHW and his entire Secret Service contingent shaved their heads in solidarity with a little boy (an agent's son) who'd lost his hair to cancer treatments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVf-YFh3Rw4

In a later shot, the boy's hair (and GHW's!) is back and the child seems well and happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H0t-LtgRI

This is the kind of class and humanity that's totally missing in the current Oval Office.  Politics and policy aside, Trump can never measure up to GHW's big toe in terms of being just one damned fine human being.  Flawed, yes, as we all are -- and he admitted it -- but damned fine nevertheless, and that's something that no one in their right mind could even begin to assert as to the pitiful excuse for a man in the White House today.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 12/2/2018, 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

21George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/2/2018, 12:17 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:GHW and his entire Secret Service contingent shaved their heads in solidarity with a little boy (an agent's son) who'd lost his hair to cancer treatments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVf-YFh3Rw4

In a later shot, the boy's hair (and GHW's!) is back and the child seems well and happy:

[url= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H0t-LtgRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H0t-LtgRI[/url]

This is the kind of class and humanity that's totally missing in the current Oval Office.  Politics and policy aside, Trump can never measure up to GHW's big toe in terms of being just one damned fine human being.  Flawed, yes, as we all are -- and he admitted it -- but damned fine nevertheless, and that's something that no one in their right mind could even begin to assert as to the pitiful excuse for a man in the White House today.

One of the few world leaders that I can safely say is worse than Trump would be Hitler. At least Trump hasn't ordered the gassing of 6 million people, not yet anyway.

22George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/2/2018, 2:54 am

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:One of the few world leaders that I can safely say is worse than Trump would be Hitler. At least Trump hasn't ordered the gassing of 6 million people, not yet anyway.

...."not yet" being the operative phrase. But when it comes to immigrants, Muslims, and people of color, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump secretly wished he could.

23George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/3/2018, 9:37 am

zsomething

Won't pretend I was any huge fan (especially since he said atheists shouldn't even be considered citizens -- kinda hard not to resent that), but overall he was a fair president who took the job seriously, and a great ex-president who did a lot of good work after he'd left office. And he had some good personal qualities, especially his bravery (diving out of planes in his 80's!) and his sense of humor. Certainly worlds above what's in the office now. R.I.P.

24George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/3/2018, 12:31 pm

gatorfan

zsomething wrote:Won't pretend I was any huge fan (especially since he said atheists shouldn't even be considered citizens -- kinda hard not to resent that), but overall he was a fair president who took the job seriously, and a great ex-president who did a lot of good work after he'd left office.   And he had some good personal qualities, especially his bravery (diving out of planes in his 80's!) and his sense of humor.  Certainly worlds above what's in the office now.   R.I.P.

That has been floating around for a while but it comes from some crack pot reporter and has never been confirmed. Even though he claims Bush said it in a news conference with video/audio, etc. no evidence has been found and no corroboration from other reporters present. Of course the crackpot says he was a print reporter and just took it from his notes. Uh Huh.

Bush was a remarkable person on many levels, too bad that type of public figure seems to have disappeared from our political landscape....

25George H. W. Bush has died Empty Re: George H. W. Bush has died 12/3/2018, 2:36 pm

Deus X

Deus X

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum