Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What did Obama know and when did he know it?

+7
cool1
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
ImpishScoundrel
Sal
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

2seaoat wrote:The IRS actions should be investigated. This should not be a whitewash, but certainly I have personal experience with the incompetency of the IRS staff. I simply was astounded that they did not understand their own regulations in regard to depreciation which took a year to resolve in my favor. I actually had a supervisor in a field say she did not understand depreciation.....not a customer service person.....a supervisor. The idea that somehow the President had some input and comparing this to the Nixon White House should have proof, not innuendo. It is a silly comparison.

Also, the idea that a President is micro managing CIA operations at a couple hundred diplomatic missions.......not very realistic. The CIA has done a great job the 15 years in improving intelligence, and quite frankly has saved this country billions and billions of dollars by having some autonomy to address threats to American interests. The loss of four lives in Libya is tragic, and there should be a process to avoid this type of vulnerability, but it was just that vulnerability and access to the Libyan people which made the CIA operations so successful and toppled this regime without four thousand lives lost. The whole Susan Rice thing is idiotic.......the argument is that stupid people would be mislead by what she said after the president acknowledged that it was terrorists.......silly silly waste of energy.

I've had plenty of people give wrong info. on tax questions when I did volunteer taxes. Those people have very basic knowledge of tax issues who answer the phone as well as their supervisors. You have to talk to their tax consultants so it's not a very big coup on your part. They just pay those people to answer the millions of calls.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:I've been agin Obama's policy in Afghanistan from day one.

We can't get out of there fast enough to suit me.

Militarily I can hardly think of anything smarter than for the Commander in Chief of the United States to announce to our enemy on the battle field when you plan to surrender and leave the country. Boy, that'll teach them.

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:I have yet to see Obama dealing with incompetent people.

Really?

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:[Aren't you accusing O of being incompetent for not knowing what's going on?
lol[/font]

Well...what has he demonstrated? President Barack Hussein Obama said that he learned about the IRS scandal on TV. Good thing he was watching FOX NEWS or he would not know about it yet!

President Obama knows NOTHING, Eric Holder testified today that he KNOWS NOTHING and Hillary Clinton say "SO WHAT WHO CARES"?

If none of them know NOTHING...why are they around?

ObamaCare is a massive trainwreck.

These burgeoning scandals are starting to make that look like a toy trainwreck.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The IRS actions should be investigated. This should not be a whitewash, but certainly I have personal experience with the incompetency of the IRS staff. I simply was astounded that they did not understand their own regulations in regard to depreciation which took a year to resolve in my favor. I actually had a supervisor in a field say she did not understand depreciation.....not a customer service person.....a supervisor. The idea that somehow the President had some input and comparing this to the Nixon White House should have proof, not innuendo. It is a silly comparison.

Also, the idea that a President is micro managing CIA operations at a couple hundred diplomatic missions.......not very realistic. The CIA has done a great job the 15 years in improving intelligence, and quite frankly has saved this country billions and billions of dollars by having some autonomy to address threats to American interests. The loss of four lives in Libya is tragic, and there should be a process to avoid this type of vulnerability, but it was just that vulnerability and access to the Libyan people which made the CIA operations so successful and toppled this regime without four thousand lives lost. The whole Susan Rice thing is idiotic.......the argument is that stupid people would be mislead by what she said after the president acknowledged that it was terrorists.......silly silly waste of energy.

I've had plenty of people give wrong info. on tax questions when I did volunteer taxes. Those people have very basic knowledge of tax issues who answer the phone as well as their supervisors. You have to talk to their tax consultants so it's not a very big coup on your part. They just pay those people to answer the millions of calls.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with this explosive scandal. This could put people in jail, could have effected the outcome of the election and could cause the impeachment of President Barack Hussein Obama.

What he knew and when he knew it. On all three of these burgeoning scandals.

Markle

Markle

Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I have no problem with the CIA. However, supporters and defenders of Obama on this forum want to give him all the credit for a Navy Seal rescue in Somalia but then when he's questioned about Benghazi his supporters say that Obama had no idea what was going on and he is not responsible whatsoever for what happened in Benghazi.

Obama's supporters and defenders cannot have it both ways by picking and choosing what the president is responsible for based on whether the story is politically negative or positive for him.

The Sec of State is responsible for security at consulates and embassies.

You have it ass-backerds lady. YOU don't wish to give the POTUS any credit for actions taken by his administration that have achieved positive results.....period.

The rest is just minutia to you...more fodder for your gristmill.

What positive results? Any results from President Barack Hussein Obama are little different from the results of FDR having extended the Great Depression by seven years.

Here is an excellent, first hand reason why.

FDR’s Treasury Secretary Henry Morgenthau, Jr., in a private meeting at the Treasury Department, May 9, 1939. Morgenthau was lamenting the fact that government deficit spending did not have the intended effect (reducing unemployment).

No, gentlemen, we have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong, as far as I am concerned, somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…

But why not let’s come to grips? And as I say, all I am interested in is to really see this country prosperous and this form of Government continue, because after eight years if we can’t make a success somebody else is going to claim the right to make it and he’s got the right to make the trial. I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started.

Markle wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I have no problem with the CIA. However, supporters and defenders of Obama on this forum want to give him all the credit for a Navy Seal rescue in Somalia but then when he's questioned about Benghazi his supporters say that Obama had no idea what was going on and he is not responsible whatsoever for what happened in Benghazi.

Obama's supporters and defenders cannot have it both ways by picking and choosing what the president is responsible for based on whether the story is politically negative or positive for him.

You have it ass-backerds lady. YOU don't wish to give the POTUS any credit for actions taken by his administration that have achieved positive results.....period.

What positive results? Any results from President Barack Hussein Obama are little different from the results of FDR having extended the Great Depression by seven years.

FDR’s Treasury Secretary Henry Morgenthau, Jr., in a private meeting at the Treasury Department, May 9, 1939. Morgenthau was lamenting the fact that government deficit spending did not have the intended effect (reducing unemployment).

No, gentlemen, we have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong, as far as I am concerned, somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…

But why not let’s come to grips? And as I say, all I am interested in is to really see this country prosperous and this form of Government continue, because after eight years if we can’t make a success somebody else is going to claim the right to make it and he’s got the right to make the trial. I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started.

People have enough to eat though,don't they? Thank God and Obama for foodstamps!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

People have enough to eat though,don't they? Thank God and Obama for foodstamps!

You should see how hunger has been used as a political tool in the past.

Even in the arab spring. The cost of living vs stagnant wages (which our dollar played a large part)... was the driver.

Some want to play ideology, some theology, some liberty... but the reality was/is the ability to survive.

The funny thing is it's a contrived crisis... it's a forced condition. Pressure... the dollar is the driver. We will feel it too.

I have never in my life seen a person PROUD that their president has created a situation where so many are on foodstamps. she talks about being on foostamps as if it is something good.

These charts show the number of Americans receiving food stamps as reported by the United States Department of Agriculture. As of the latest data released on May 10, 2013, the total is 47.6 million, which is more than the entire populations of many large nations
http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts

Chrissy wrote:I have never in my life seen a person PROUD that their president has created a situation where so many are on foodstamps. she talks about being on foostamps as if it is something good.

These charts show the number of Americans receiving food stamps as reported by the United States Department of Agriculture. As of the latest data released on May 10, 2013, the total is 47.6 million, which is more than the entire populations of many large nations

There is also a large concerted effort to shift people from welfare (state) to disability (fed). It's a nanny state game.

Does anyone want to defend the numbers that get produced by the govt that lead us to believe that it's all good?

Dreamsglore wrote:

What did Obama know and when did he know it? - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRYlRBUkZz0UAfFx6ilv7NYZHAAONcysd96Gvs7iASdvHZgAQz-g

You state this as if it's a good thing.

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."
George Santayana

When will you supposedly enlightened progressive liberals learn...

"'It is scarcely possible that the eyes of contemporaries should discover in the public felicity the latent causes of decay and corruption. This long peace, and the uniform government of the Romans, introduced a slow and secret poison into the vitals of the empire. The minds of men were gradually reduced to the same level, the fire of genius was extinguished, and even the military spirit evaporated.' Now that no one buys our votes, the public has long since cast off its cares; the people that once bestowed commands, consulships, legions and all else, now meddles no more and longs eagerly for just two things----Bread and Games!"
Juvenal

When the empire (United States) falls who will you blame when Hannibal is at the gates?

*****SMILE****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU

Smile

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:I have never in my life seen a person PROUD that their president has created a situation where so many are on foodstamps. she talks about being on foostamps as if it is something good.

The problem with your theory is that is ISN'T THIS PRESIDENT who created the economic crises leading to the increase in food stamp applications. See housing crisis of 2007...see Troubled Asset Relief Program of 2008. See costs of Iraq War, Afghan War, 2.3 trillion missing from Pentagon on 9/10/01, gold bullion beneath WTC disappearance, bales of cash disappearance from Iraq, US bribes Karzai, etc. etc.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

What was the Libyan ambassador doing in Benghazi in the first place...surrounded by CIA?

Good question. I think the POTUS who is the boss of both the CIA and the State Department should give you an answer to it.
But so far his answer for everything is he learns about it only from watching the news like you do.

I don't believe the President has knowledge of every single event performed by the CIA, nor the State Department. Did I say he could do no wrong? Never did. But he's not the same as Bush...not by a long shot. He didn't start the wars; he inherited them, plus an economy barely on life support, plus a judiciary and many government offices packed with Bush appointees...immediate opposition to any measure he wanted passed and every single appointee. And no one, left, right or in between, wants to give him credit for a single thing. The alternative, both times, would have been a complete disaster, in the same way that Bush was a disaster. Do you want to dispute that?

How would he know what guidelines some IRS employees in Cincinnati were following? How would he even know what was going on in Libya unless someone from the CIA told him? Patraeus? I don't think he and the President were on the same page.

Of course the president doesn't have knowledge of every single event. But wide spread, high level abuse by the IRS, covert operations going on in Libya that the president had no knowledge of---AND his high level people, the people who work for him and are not telling him what's going on and what they're doing.....at the very least, he is a very poor leader.

And oh right, I am sure it was the Bush appointees in the IRS who were harassing those conservative groups. Rolling Eyes

The whole IRS thing is BS. You have the uncanny ability to pick up on a right-wing talking point and take it as the God's truth. Sorry...it doesn't work that way.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

Yes, I presume you are describing President Barack Hussein Obama delight in adding to his voter base with higher, record numbers of people not working, on welfare, food stamps, housing, cell phones, Medicaid, what else are they given for not following the rules?

Who pays for all this?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Who pays for all this?

In a perfect world, that would be George W. Bush, closely followed by YOU...as penance for your relentless propagandizing and prevarication...even you can't believe all the crap you spew.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Who pays for all this?

In a perfect world, that would be George W. Bush, closely followed by YOU...as penance for your relentless propagandizing and prevarication...even you can't believe all the crap you spew.

Typical from Floridatexan...NOTHING.

If what I posted was not true, I know I could depend on you to be front and center showing your proof from reliable sources and links.

And yet....

What did Obama know and when did he know it? - Page 5 LaughingDog

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum