Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poor game attendance yesterday

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

cubbynole

2seaoat wrote:

No market in the Southern League has 50 miles of beaches from destin over to Orange Beach which will feed this stadium with families......none. When a condo board buys a box of 8 season tickets, it offers better marketing for families to rent those condos. Package that with museum tickets and you have a day away from the beach.....priceless family fun.

While not as pretty as gulf beaches, there is a lot of coastline near Jacksonville....and admittedly, if you're going to go to the beach in Florida, the Jacksonville area is about the last place somebody would pick. Regardless, I think you're overestimating the amount of tourists that attend games. If you want to go to the beach and see some baseball, go see the Marlins...or Rays...or Padres...or Angels...or Dodgers.

27 Poor game attendance yesterday - Page 2 Empty Re: Poor game attendance yesterday 5/22/2013, 11:24 am

I think you're overestimating the amount of tourists that attend games

Yes. Majority of tourists bypass Pensacola for Gulf Shores, Destin, Panama City Beach.

Quarterback Oats knows this is true.

According to SeaOat's logic the Wahoos will get a lot of spectators from the beach traffic. From what I can see they have missed a golden opportunity. This in one of the busiest weekends on Pensacola Beach and the Wahoos are playing in Chatanooga.

“He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed.”

William James

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:According to SeaOat's logic the Wahoos will get a lot of spectators from the beach traffic. From what I can see they have missed a golden opportunity. This in one of the busiest weekends on Pensacola Beach and the Wahoos are playing in Chatanooga.

“He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed.”

William James

@ Ghost....You beat me to it. Maybe they will charter a bus to go the game. Your fellow Ghosts will be whistling "Dixie" in the empty stadium this weekend. LOL Wahoos lost another T ball game last night, Now in last place in the league.

30 Poor game attendance yesterday - Page 2 Empty Two Months to Go 7/1/2013, 10:07 am

cubbynole

2seaoat wrote:http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?y=2012&sid=milb&t=l_att&lid=111

My math is perfect.   They led the league last year, and they will lead the league this year.........and it does not take speculation.....we simply look at year end totals..........now if you want to pretend you have some insight into a trend.......well the year end will confirm it......but using current attendance before the beach season brings a larger market share is bone chilling short sighted.

Still comfortable with your math here?

2seaoat

Still comfortable with your math here?

I am hearing the Birmingham Barons are putting some amazing numbers in their new stadium......they will probably beat out the Wahoos down the stretch. My friends are chomping at the bit to get minor league play in Biloxi. You get Biloxi, Mobile, and Pensacola, and you have a great transition spring training situation. If you could throw in Birmingham and Montgomery and have five or six teams play their last spring training games in the minor league parks, you are going to get a great cross over in these parks following their major league teams. I know the commitments to the spring schedules are years out, but if they could get the last 6 games of spring training played in southern league stadiums.....huge win for the southern league, and great spring break draw for Biloxi, Mobile, and Pensacola.......the Wahoos will do 305k with a terrible team this year and Birmingham will lead the Southern league......all good......300k is putting money in the bank.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We enjoyed a great day at the Wahoos game. Arrived at 3pm, watched the game, and stayed for fireworks. The wind was directly out of the south and the constant breeze was awesome.

I thought of Seaoat several times.

2seaoat

We enjoyed a great day at the Wahoos game. Arrived at 3pm, watched the game, and stayed for fireworks. The wind was directly out of the south and the constant breeze was awesome.

Family fun is a formula which simply works.........and people continue to vote with their feet.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:We enjoyed a great day at the Wahoos game. Arrived at 3pm, watched the game, and stayed for fireworks. The wind was directly out of the south and the constant breeze was awesome.

Family fun is a formula which simply works.........and people continue to vote with their feet.

It works.....and always has.

and people continue to vote with their feet

Your right. attendance levels are down. Up then down but more down than up. More up for Studer. More down for the taxpayer.

2seaoat

Your right. attendance levels are down. Up then down but more down than up. More up for Studer. More down for the taxpayer.

Enough up to be wildly profitable.........and beyond anybody's wildest dreams.......I guess winning 7 of the last 9 games missed your radar.......does not matter.....the park is working perfectly and citizen's quality of life has in fact been enhanced........and I am still waiting two years for this taxpayer coverage of the deficit.......waiting.........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum