Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow......when does Mr. Hallmark start whining that this is Studer's fault

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130503/NEWS01/305030024/Pensacola-s-future-sport-fish-hatchery-envisioned-attraction

1. Mr. Studer has created a secret lab to create frankenfish.
2. Mr. Studer is going to have Joe Patti condemned and put a burger king
3. Mr. Studer partners with Joe Patti on special on trout
4. Mr. Studer will fee fish in the state hatchery
5. Mr. Studer will supply the fish house with fresh Trout
6. Mr. Studer will have bat day and trout fingerling day
7. Mr Studer will charter row boats for deep sea fishing at hatchery
8. Mr. Studer has 7th inning stretch trout special
9. Mr. Studer illegally ships trout to Iran
10. Mr. Studer found guilty of putting hallmark in fingerling tank covered with peanut butter.....it was reported he passed with a smile.

From the PNJ
It’s expected to employ a staff of about 10.

Damn was I wrong. Pensacola employments problems are over. Woot Woot.

ps Patti has that many making Sushi LOL

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:From the PNJ
It’s expected to employ a staff of about 10.

Damn was I wrong. Pensacola employments problems are over. Woot Woot.

ps Patti has that many making Sushi LOL

Pensacola's employment problem will never be under control as long as the GOBs reign supreme.

11. Studer moves back to LaGrange Il to work as a mechanic for his father's Locomotive service company after trying to deal with Florida fishermen. Writes new book. Hardwiring the Choo-Choo

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Look, Seaoat, I used to be in the ad biz. Please stop defending the caca that Studer and whoever is in his corner put over on the residents of Escambia County...it might be an easier sell if there weren't so many lies and maybe if the contractor hadn't been covered in dirt or if a certain career politician hadn't recently been added to the board overseeing the whole project. Excuse me, but I've been here long enough...not as long as some...but long enough and immersed enough in what goes on to spot a skunk when I see one.

Very Happy

2seaoat

what goes on to spot a skunk when I see one.

I am amazed at the crowd hysteria. The ballpark is one of the most successful in the last 20 years in minor league baseball.......this is the twilight zone to see people living in an alternative universe. It has exceeded everybody's wildest projections. Now where are the lynch mob for Judy Bense? She promises all these things.....and she builds a hotel and buys a golf course..........a hell of a lot more money than their commitment of five million......yet Studer gets blamed for Judy Bense? Could be she is a good ol gal, and like Hallmark says.....Studer grew up in LaGrange...........

Not many folks feel sorry for all the shit that people put on Studer. He likes it. He is a ego manic that has to have his name and face in the news. It is what he does and he is damn good at it. it makes him feel good to keep telling the story of how poor and fucked up he was and now he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. That is the real issue. Many of us have also over came great obstacles but we have enough class to keep quiet about it.

I would not trade my worse day for Mr Studers best day.

Rememberer this sad Talk Mr Studer gave? This was about the 2 million dollars misunderstanding. He just did not have it, you guys are picking on me. Now just a couple of years later, after his ballpark is built, He has 5 Million to give to the YMCA. You dont think he plays his sad poor suffering me card in this talk? Give me a break. He played us like a drum.

[quote="Hallmarkgrad1"]Rememberer this sad Talk Mr Studer gave? This was about the 2 million dollars misunderstanding. He just did not have it, you guys are picking on me. Now just a couple of years later, after his ballpark is built, He has 5 Million to give to the YMCA. You dont think he plays his sad poor suffering me card in this talk? Give me a break. He played us like a drum.

Yes he did and is still doing so.

2seaoat

He played us like a drum.

Currently probably the most successful new minor league stadium in the country, and he played who like a drum? Where has one red cent of taxpayer money been paid? Where have the monies for the bond payments come from? Do you see any other waterfront park where private funds are paying for public property? This is as old as the ages. This is all about a perceived carpetbagger. He is from Yankee land.........he has been brilliant and created something wonderful.......and again, all the critics simply have left to hang their hat is the bonds will not be paid.......foolishness........a two dollar surcharge and this ballpark alone.....without any of the other development pays the bonds......but instead we hear nonsense which is based not on substance but the traditional carpetbagger jealousy where someone who was not born in Pensacola actually finds success........gee.....at least be honest.

2seaoat wrote:He played us like a drum.

Currently probably the most successful new minor league stadium in the country, and he played who like a drum? Where has one red cent of taxpayer money been paid? Where have the monies for the bond payments come from? Do you see any other waterfront park where private funds are paying for public property? This is as old as the ages. This is all about a perceived carpetbagger. He is from Yankee land.........he has been brilliant and created something wonderful.......and again, all the critics simply have left to hang their hat is the bonds will not be paid.......foolishness........a two dollar surcharge and this ballpark alone.....without any of the other development pays the bonds......but instead we hear nonsense which is based not on substance but the traditional carpetbagger jealousy where someone who was not born in Pensacola actually finds success........gee.....at least be honest.

This has absolutely nothing to do with where Studer is from. I would still be as outraged as I am now if this boondoggle had been initiated by someone that was born and bred in Pensacola.

I believe that Mr Studer is basily a good man. He as taken a negative in his life and turned it to a positive. He has shared his money with others and provided employment for many. He has over come physical stigmas and handicaps than have held lesser men back. I have played golf with some of his employees, they speak highly of him. I commend him on his 30 years of sobriety, not a easy task.

I disprove with his methods and his vision for my city. Those facts I have stated over and over. Mr Studer takes thing personal, if you dont like my ideas, the you dont like me. This is not the case By his own admission he has sometimes pushed too hard and caused conflict and ill feelings in the community. These facts are not a positive thing for Mr Studer.
The fact that he is from some other city/state is of no consequence. Most of the citizens in this area are not natives.

But in his haste to improve the area. he has failed to consider the many varied cultures, traditions and feelings of many people in the area.

2seaoat wrote:what goes on to spot a skunk when I see one.

I am amazed at the crowd hysteria. The ballpark is one of the most successful in the last 20 years in minor league baseball.......this is the twilight zone to see people living in an alternative universe. It has exceeded everybody's wildest projections. Now where are the lynch mob for Judy Bense? She promises all these things.....and she builds a hotel and buys a golf course..........a hell of a lot more money than their commitment of five million......yet Studer gets blamed for Judy Bense? Could be she is a good ol gal, and like Hallmark says.....Studer grew up in LaGrange...........

Seaoat....the people you are posting with here on this thread want Pensacola to be the craphole it has always been and never join the rest of the country in the 21st century.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:He played us like a drum.

The "nonsense", as you put it, is your $2 surcharge idea. This project was shoved down the throats of the taxpayers, who, whether they have paid ONE RED CENT to date or not, are still ON THE HOOK for the costs associated with this project. What Dr. Bense did or did not do is basically irrelevant. She did not negotiate the original plan for UWF.

I wasn't born in Pensacola, as everyone knows. I was 29 when I moved here. Both my children were born here. This is our home. Starting out, I was hired by a local developer and worked at a local real estate agency...at some point I began working one day out of the week at the beach. I toured all over Pensacola and the surrounding areas and soon learned the "lay of the land", including who does what. I was directly involved in the development of several local major projects, from condo conversions to single family homes to beach rentals. Not only have the taxpayers been hoodwinked; other projects that would have added value to the community will now have to be put on hold because the CRA funds have been spent. So take your "carpetbagger envy" and shove it.

2seaoat

So take your "carpetbagger envy" and shove it.

It is what it is.....pure and simple hysteria and casting Mr. Studer as a carpetbagger. This entire project has been an exceptional success. If folks cannot understand that......well you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make that horse drink. The citizens voted for this park. Only a person gravely challenged would not have understood that the ballpark was the pivotal point of this park. Again, show me where taxpayer dollars have been used in this plan. It is private Bond funds, and the source of repayment is private entities. It will be at least four more years until the other development will provide the revenue source for bond repayment.......but what part of a 40 acre public park being built out and giving access to the bay in 30 years paid for do people not understand.

The argument that I was a dumb asz and did not understand the project is a feeble argument at best, and the argument that better things could have been done with this property is just more sour grapes and anti Studer nonsense. There actually will be some taxpayer money coming into this project at some point.........for a gap period.......but in ten years, this park will have been paid for by private funds, and our great grandkids are going to have this beautiful park forever, because of the leadership of our elected officials and the voters who actually still know this is a great project and so the whining will continue....the scapegoating will continue, and objective analysis will simply not happen. Every community in America would like a citizen like Mr. Studer.......but no good deed goes unpunished.

2seaoat wrote:So take your "carpetbagger envy" and shove it.

It is what it is.....pure and simple hysteria and casting Mr. Studer as a carpetbagger. This entire project has been an exceptional success. If folks cannot understand that......well you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make that horse drink. ]b]The citizens voted for this park.[/b] Only a person gravely challenged would not have understood that the ballpark was the pivotal point of this park. Again, show me where taxpayer dollars have been used in this plan. It is private Bond funds, and the source of repayment is private entities. It will be at least four more years until the other development will provide the revenue source for bond repayment.......but what part of a 40 acre public park being built out and giving access to the bay in 30 years paid for do people not understand.

The argument that I was a dumb asz and did not understand the project is a feeble argument at best, and the argument that better things could have been done with this property is just more sour grapes and anti Studer nonsense. There actually will be some taxpayer money coming into this project at some point.........for a gap period.......but in ten years, this park will have been paid for by private funds, and our great grandkids are going to have this beautiful park forever, because of the leadership of our elected officials and the voters who actually still know this is a great project and so the whining will continue....the scapegoating will continue, and objective analysis will simply not happen. Every community in America would like a citizen like Mr. Studer.......but no good deed goes unpunished.

Yep the citizens surely did vote for this boondoggle, the citizens of Pensacola, but if you were a citizen of the county you were considered second class and no input into the issue at all.

It is what it is.....pure and simple hysteria and casting Mr. Studer as a carpetbagger. This entire project has been an exceptional success. If folks cannot understand that......well you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make that horse drink. The citizens voted for this park. Only a person gravely challenged would not have understood that the ballpark was the pivotal point of this park. Again, show me where taxpayer dollars have been used in this plan. It is private Bond funds, and the source of repayment is private entities. It will be at least four more years until the other development will provide the revenue source for bond repayment.......but what part of a 40 acre public park being built out and giving access to the bay in 30 years paid for do people not understand.

Just more Bull Shit from someone who fails to acknowledge the real issues. Read Mr Kerrigans analysis again. You live in a dream world and choose not to accept the facts and realities of this project. Maybe if you lived here you would be more objective. Contrary to your beliefs, the CMPA has some serious issues.

Seaoat....the people you are posting with here on this thread want Pensacola to be the craphole it has always been and never join the rest of the country in the 21st century.[i]

It is difficult not to reply without a harsh comment when I read a post like this. People degrading and mocking your efforts to make your area a better place to live. Perceiving that you and your family and friends are just a group of misguided cretins that are incapable of any type of worthwhile endeavors. Incapable of living a fulfilling life with out the assistance and help from people outside the general area. Then having the audacity to criticize your efforts to improve you area with involvement in Church, Boy Scouts, Community activism, Local politics. The entire concept numbs my mind.

2seaoat

The entire concept numbs my mind.

At least you acknowledge why you do not appreciate the beautiful Maritime Park.....your mind has been numbed. It is a great park. Kerigan's analysis to renegotiate a written lease because the tenant got a sweet lease......well I argued for four years that there was going to be huge profits on this deal, but people laughed at me that it would have 50k attendance per year and would close in two years..........now the same folks are angry because Studer is making money.

Yella

Yella

This entire project has been an exceptional success. If folks cannot understand that......well you can lead a horse to water, but you

Huh? The first year is a monstrous loss for Pensacola . What will year two bring? We will know before too long. Studer is making money I suppose, but everyone else is hung out to dry. Taxes will have to be increased to pay for the biggest bamboozle in the history of Pensacola.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

2seaoat

The first year is a monstrous loss for Pensacola

Please quantify that loss.

It has been posted before. Look at the City of Pensacolas budget and the expenses related to the CMPA/studer Stadium. Power Bill, Maintance costs etc. Unless drastic measures are taken the CRA will tap out in 2017 leaving the City to cover the difference.

PNJ
It's no secret the city's Community Redevelopment Agency is laden with financial woes.

In fact, according to a recent memo from the agency's administrator, Ryan Winterberg-Lipp, the CRA is on course to fully collapse as soon as 2017. ...

2seaoat

Again, show me where the bond payment has been made by any government money. HG are you going to tell me maintenance costs on some other parks in town is a huge fail? Come on......show me the money......until then wishing for bad things for Pensacola is really really unbecoming.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.pensacoladigest.com/2012/02/deciding-the-next-steps-for-downtown/

In a race to fulfill its mission and seize the momentum in developing downtown Pensacola and its surrounding neighborhoods into an attractive, competitive, walkable environment for both residents and visitors, Mayor Ashton Hayward’s Urban Redevelopment Advisory Committee (URAC) got off to a quick, well-organized start at its first meeting on Friday by putting in place agendas for future meetings to accomplish its goals.
Hayward formed the seven-member committee in early February and gave the members until the end of June to provide him with a report that will outline specific actions to take to achieve its goals.

A key to success for the committee appears to be consultant Charles “Chuck” Tessier of Tessier Associates, whom the committee landed to help it achieve its goals. Tessier, who was closely involved with the city and Quint Studer in the early development of the Community Maritime Park, described himself as an “executive on loan to the committee.” Tessier is volunteering his time for the four months it will take for the committee to provide the mayor with an action plan. It was Tessier who presented the committee members at the meeting with a “roadmap” which will guide their future work.

Tessier has a BS in Engineering and a Master’s in Urban Design from NC State and owns an urban planning and development firm in Asheville, NC, which he established in 1985. He is given much of the credit for the redevelopment of downtown Asheville. Because of his work with the URAC and because he remains involved with Studer, Tessier said he is spending half of his time in Pensacola and half in Asheville.

Ryan Winterberg-Lipp, the new Community Redevelopment Agency administrator and Sherry Morris, the City Planning Services Director, each of whom gave presentations to the committee, also will assist the committee in its work. In her presentation, Winterberg-Lipp explained the CRA organization and listed projects that have been completed per the CRA plan. She also explained how the CRA’s tax revenue is being used to pay off bonds that were used to finance the building of the Community Maritime Park and the relocation of the Main Street sewage plant. For the last few years that revenue has been declining, Winterberg-Lipp explained. One of the goals of the committee will be to replenish the CRA’s income by identifying realistically feasible capital projects within the CRA plan area.

Morris’ presentation concentrated on explaining the various land use criteria and zoning districts for the city. She showed the committee the specific areas of the city where changes were in the works to bring the city’s various zoning districts into compliance with the city’s Future Land Use Map. For example, the area along Heinberg Street is currently zoned for industrial use but the Future Land Use Map calls for that corridor to be changed to commercial use. In coming up with an action plan, the committee will have to be mindful of these sorts of land use and zoning constraints.

Each committee member present at the meeting expressed enthusiastic willingness to serve on the committee and to get the job done. The seven members of the URAC are Ken Ford, Teresa Dos Santos, Christian Wagley, John Myslak, Stephanie Powell, Shana Neuhaus and Brian Hooper, who is the chair. The committee will meet every other Friday at 9:30 am, except that the first meeting in May will be on Thursday, May 10.

The presentations made to the committee and other documents will be made available online at the Mayor’s Urban Redevelopment Advisory Committee page of the city website.

Wishing for bad things to happen? How is reporting the fact that the CMPA is closing in on a 400,000 dollar short fall, not to mention no repayment on their 500,000 dollar (Loan?) a bad thing? That's my fault? The true cost of all this is all most impossible to calculate due to the smoke and mirrors financing schemes. This was proven when the YMCA tried to lease a piece of property. No one is in charge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum