Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Oblamer is Whining Again

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/24/2012, 2:19 pm

Guest


Guest
Oblamer is crying that the Repubs are “twisting” his now infamous words “If you've got a business, you didn't build that”. The poor baby, someone else is using his very own words against him and he can’t take the heat. Meanwhile back at the Kremlin West, Oblamers staff is hard at work distorting and lying in their attack campaign. What a disgusting bunch of world class hypocritical liars.

2Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/24/2012, 2:38 pm

Guest


Guest
nochain wrote:Oblamer is crying that the Repubs are “twisting” his now infamous words “If you've got a business, you didn't build that”. The poor baby, someone else is using his very own words against him and he can’t take the heat. Meanwhile back at the Kremlin West, Oblamers staff is hard at work distorting and lying in their attack campaign. What a disgusting bunch of world class hypocritical liars.
Another quote from the COWH....'Under me people have a new way of looking at America'...Maybe this should be under the joke thread but it would be if it wasn't true...Starting to believe that someone is hacking his teleprompters he's a gaffe machine...not on the level of Biden but getting close!....

3Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/24/2012, 4:09 pm

NaNook

NaNook
Did Obama lose his, "Big Boy Pants?" as if he ever had any....

4Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 10:44 am

Guest


Guest
NaNook wrote:Did Obama lose his, "Big Boy Pants?" as if he ever had any....

____________________________

Yep, Oblamer never had a pair BBP's, his lack of experience and complete willingness to point the finger of blame at anyone but himself illustrates his immaturity and total lack of real world experience. The whiny liar has obviously learned NOTHING in 3 1/2 years except how to scam taxpayers, promote failing "green" companies, travel a bunch and lie about official business at obvious campaign stops so tax payers foot the bill, work on the old golf game, send his daughter and entourage off to Mexico for a tax payer funded spring break, lie about no taxes in Oblamercare, lie about closing GITMO, lie about not arming Syrian rebels, lie about creating jobs, lie about shaky campaign donations, lie about his association with criminals and the rev Wright, lie about intelligence leaks, lie, lie, lie, lie...........

There is no end to the deception and hypocrisy of this failed administration. This dude makes Carter look like a genius.

5Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 10:52 am

Guest


Guest
nochain wrote:
NaNook wrote:Did Obama lose his, "Big Boy Pants?" as if he ever had any....

____________________________

Yep, Oblamer never had a pair BBP's, his lack of experience and complete willingness to point the finger of blame at anyone but himself illustrates his immaturity and total lack of real world experience. The whiny liar has obviously learned NOTHING in 3 1/2 years except how to scam taxpayers, promote failing "green" companies, travel a bunch and lie about official business at obvious campaign stops so tax payers foot the bill, work on the old golf game, send his daughter and entourage off to Mexico for a tax payer funded spring break, lie about no taxes in Oblamercare, lie about closing GITMO, lie about not arming Syrian rebels, lie about creating jobs, lie about shaky campaign donations, lie about his association with criminals and the rev Wright, lie about intelligence leaks, lie, lie, lie, lie...........

So you're not supporting the COWH?....Did you receive one of this campaign brochures in the mail?....

There is no end to the deception and hypocrisy of this failed administration. This dude makes Carter look like a genius.

6Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 2:05 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Blah, blah, blah. The "quotes" were taken out of context. Another Romney lie. Because the only way Romney could possibly win is: 1)lying or 2)election fraud.

Every one of you is just venting every day...sounds like a steady diet of Faux News.

7Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 2:10 pm

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. The "quotes" were taken out of context. Another Romney lie. Because the only way Romney could possibly win is: 1)lying or 2)election fraud.

Every one of you is just venting every day...sounds like a steady diet of Faux News.

Whats your point? Lying and voter fraud is exactly how Oblamer won his Senate seat and the WH. Just how is a simple statement taken out of context? Why are you ignoring all the false attack ads being run by your hero - the Liar-in-Chief Oblamer? Even a far left magazine like Time, who in 2008 seemed like an Oblamer campaign magazine, has run an article saying that Oblamers Bain attack ads are a bunch hooey. Too funny.

8Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 5:23 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TIME is not a far-left magazine. I don't know where you got that idea. As for the Bain attack ads, they're effective because they're truthful...something Romney knows very little about.

http://romneytheliar.blogspot.com/

9Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 5:27 pm

no stress

no stress
Oblamer is Whining Again 53449010

Markle

Markle
This was NOT a gaff. This was a carefully crafted speech. Reading the entire speech tells us that what he said is exactly what he meant. President Barack Hussein Obama had a famous Communist as his childhood mentor and stated that he sought out Marxist professors. What else would he believe?

This latest commercial of him trying to walk back what he said is laughable. He's both saying that yes, I said exactly what Mitt Romney says I said but that's not way I REALLY said. Much like the ad from the candidate who said "I am not a witch"!

President Obama should just say...I AM NOT A CAPITALIST!

11Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 7:57 pm

Markle

Markle
Floridatexan wrote:
TIME is not a far-left magazine. I don't know where you got that idea. As for the Bain attack ads, they're effective because they're truthful...something Romney knows very little about.

http://romneytheliar.blogspot.com/


Yeah, actually Time is far left. As an editor, they even hired someone from the DailyKOS. Not easy getting further to the left than the DailyKOS unless it is your other favority site, "The Nation".

12Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 9:12 pm

NaNook

NaNook
Floridatexan wrote:
TIME is not a far-left magazine. I don't know where you got that idea. As for the Bain attack ads, they're effective because they're truthful...something Romney knows very little about.

http://romneytheliar.blogspot.com/


Why would Obama use a speech by an English Socialist? Why would Obama steal, ( the Biden influence) anothers speech? When will Obama really speak?...he did.... government needs to rule your life. Chuck-him....

13Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 11:42 pm

Markle

Markle
Floridatexan wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. The "quotes" were taken out of context. Another Romney lie. Because the only way Romney could possibly win is: 1)lying or 2)election fraud.

Every one of you is just venting every day...sounds like a steady diet of Faux News.

You're right, the entire speech is even worse. No one should be surprised. His mentor as a child and teenager was a famous Communist. When he went to college, Obama said he sought out Marxist professors.

Here's the speech, worse than the quotes.

We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more …

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

14Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/25/2012, 11:51 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
So I suppose you guys hope some poor unsuspecting schmuck will start reading this thread in hopes of seeing more sorry lame worn out lies about the President. This article sets out some revealing facts about some of the companies Mittens is showcasing. They got a lot of help from the government and are trying to make it look like they did a bootstrap operation, how lame.

Romney’s ‘We Did Build This’ Events Feature Businesses Built With Government Subsidies And Contracts
By Aviva Shen on Jul 25, 2012 at 3:12 pm
Today, the Romney campaign is hosting an entire series of campaign events based on President Obama’s misinterpreted comment about small businesses. While Obama’s full speech made a “no man is an island” argument, the Romney campaign has seized on the quote, “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that” as evidence of Obama’s disdain for small business owners.
Romney, ignoring the fact that he has echoed this same sentiment on multiple occasions, organized 24 “We Did Build This” events in the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Virginia, Ohio, Iowa, Florida, Missouri, North Carolina, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Nevada. At each event, local business owners are speaking about their self-sufficiency in running a business and how government is hindering their growth.
But, like the New Hampshire business owner showcased in Romney’s attack ad on the issue, many of these business owners have received significant support from the government, a ThinkProgress analysis finds.
Ball Office Products hosted the “We Did Build This” event in Richmond, Virginia. The company received a loan of $635,000 through the Small Business Administration in 2012, according to USASpending.gov. The company was also awarded a lucrative $52,525 contract with the General Services Administration just a year after its founding.
Midwest Tapes, a media distributor of Holland, Ohio, was showcased at a local event and received stimulus funds under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Midwest Tapes has been contracted by the Department of Defense since 2008, earning a cumulative $13,659.
Columbus Truck and Equipment was featured in a neighboring event and has received $6,643 in contracts with the Department of Defense.
Cranston Material Handling Equipment Corporation, the owner of which spoke Wednesday morning at a campaign event in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has reaped a total of $61,729 in contracts with the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs since 2007.
Systems Engineering Co.The owner of Systems Engineering has received a total of $180,200 in DOD contracts, as recently as last year.
Brady Industries in Las Vegas has received $54,425 in contracts with Veterans Affairs since 2009.
Pennsylvania business PRL Industries Inc. received a $167,847 contract through the Department of Homeland Security for ship and boat propulsion components for the U.S. Coast Guard in August 2008. Janis Herschkowitz, who spoke on behalf of PRL, Inc. used to be a director of the National Consumer Cooperative Bank, which, defined in Herschkowitz’ own words, was created by Congress “to meet personal, social or business needs, especially in low- and moderate-income communities by forming cooperatives.”
An Iowa event featured Competitive Edge, Inc. which was contracted by Veterans Affairs for $3,543 to make informational refrigerator magnets.
J & W Cycles of Missouri was awarded $25,808 in contracts from the DOD and Department of Interior.
Total Resource, featured in a Sparks, Nevada campaign event, has been a federal contractor since 2010, and received a $11,200 contract from the DOD in 2009.
Applegate Insulation, which hosted one of the events in Michigan, benefited from an energy saving federal tax credit worth 30 percent of the installation project, up to $1,500.
Home Instead Senior Care supported Romney in Roanoke, Virginia, even though home health care companies receive 75 percent of their funding from public programs like Medicare and Medicaid. Home Instead franchises in Virginia have received at least $3,613,549 in federal funding through the Department of Veterans Affairs since 2008. Chris Head, who represented Home Instead at the event, has previously lamented the low Medicaid reimbursement rates in Virginia and told the Roanoke Times that he wished state funding had helped save the now-defunct local Mill Mountain Theatre.
Ed Nagle of Nagle Trucking in Ohio also took issue with Obama’s speech, which mentioned roads and bridges as examples of essential government support. But less than a year ago, Nagle protested an idea to privatize the Ohio Turnpike, noting that the privatized Indiana toll road “has diminished in its quality and it’s become a lot more expensive.”
While the “We Did Build This” event was intended to “allow small business owners the chance to respond to President Obama’s claim,” it is clear that many of these owners exemplify the combined powers of individual effort and government support that Obama — and Romney — have praised.
Additional reporting by Steven Perlberg.
UPDATE
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/07/25/584751/romneys-we-did-build-this-events-feature-businesses-built-with-government-subsidies-and-contracts/

Rather than get all snarky (Markle) about the source of this article why don't you try to disprove these facts if you think they aren't correct?
Oh, and for an added thrill, make sure you click on the link referencing the same type of comment made by Mitt. See, he knows what the President of the United States said was true.

15Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 2:12 am

Markle

Markle
othershoe1030 wrote:So I suppose you guys hope some poor unsuspecting schmuck will start reading this thread in hopes of seeing more sorry lame worn out lies about the President. This article sets out some revealing facts about some of the companies Mittens is showcasing. They got a lot of help from the government and are trying to make it look like they did a bootstrap operation, how lame.

Romney’s ‘We Did Build This’ Events Feature Businesses Built With Government Subsidies And Contracts
By Aviva Shen on Jul 25, 2012 at 3:12 pm
Today, the Romney campaign is hosting an entire series of campaign events based on President Obama’s misinterpreted comment about small businesses. While Obama’s full speech made a “no man is an island” argument, the Romney campaign has seized on the quote, “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that” as evidence of Obama’s disdain for small business owners.
Romney, ignoring the fact that he has echoed this same sentiment on multiple occasions, organized 24 “We Did Build This” events in the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Virginia, Ohio, Iowa, Florida, Missouri, North Carolina, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Nevada. At each event, local business owners are speaking about their self-sufficiency in running a business and how government is hindering their growth.
But, like the New Hampshire business owner showcased in Romney’s attack ad on the issue, many of these business owners have received significant support from the government, a ThinkProgress analysis finds.
Ball Office Products hosted the “We Did Build This” event in Richmond, Virginia. The company received a loan of $635,000 through the Small Business Administration in 2012, according to USASpending.gov. The company was also awarded a lucrative $52,525 contract with the General Services Administration just a year after its founding.
Midwest Tapes, a media distributor of Holland, Ohio, was showcased at a local event and received stimulus funds under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Midwest Tapes has been contracted by the Department of Defense since 2008, earning a cumulative $13,659.
Columbus Truck and Equipment was featured in a neighboring event and has received $6,643 in contracts with the Department of Defense.
Cranston Material Handling Equipment Corporation, the owner of which spoke Wednesday morning at a campaign event in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has reaped a total of $61,729 in contracts with the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs since 2007.
Systems Engineering Co.The owner of Systems Engineering has received a total of $180,200 in DOD contracts, as recently as last year.
Brady Industries in Las Vegas has received $54,425 in contracts with Veterans Affairs since 2009.
Pennsylvania business PRL Industries Inc. received a $167,847 contract through the Department of Homeland Security for ship and boat propulsion components for the U.S. Coast Guard in August 2008. Janis Herschkowitz, who spoke on behalf of PRL, Inc. used to be a director of the National Consumer Cooperative Bank, which, defined in Herschkowitz’ own words, was created by Congress “to meet personal, social or business needs, especially in low- and moderate-income communities by forming cooperatives.”
An Iowa event featured Competitive Edge, Inc. which was contracted by Veterans Affairs for $3,543 to make informational refrigerator magnets.
J & W Cycles of Missouri was awarded $25,808 in contracts from the DOD and Department of Interior.
Total Resource, featured in a Sparks, Nevada campaign event, has been a federal contractor since 2010, and received a $11,200 contract from the DOD in 2009.
Applegate Insulation, which hosted one of the events in Michigan, benefited from an energy saving federal tax credit worth 30 percent of the installation project, up to $1,500.
Home Instead Senior Care supported Romney in Roanoke, Virginia, even though home health care companies receive 75 percent of their funding from public programs like Medicare and Medicaid. Home Instead franchises in Virginia have received at least $3,613,549 in federal funding through the Department of Veterans Affairs since 2008. Chris Head, who represented Home Instead at the event, has previously lamented the low Medicaid reimbursement rates in Virginia and told the Roanoke Times that he wished state funding had helped save the now-defunct local Mill Mountain Theatre.
Ed Nagle of Nagle Trucking in Ohio also took issue with Obama’s speech, which mentioned roads and bridges as examples of essential government support. But less than a year ago, Nagle protested an idea to privatize the Ohio Turnpike, noting that the privatized Indiana toll road “has diminished in its quality and it’s become a lot more expensive.”
While the “We Did Build This” event was intended to “allow small business owners the chance to respond to President Obama’s claim,” it is clear that many of these owners exemplify the combined powers of individual effort and government support that Obama — and Romney — have praised.
Additional reporting by Steven Perlberg.
UPDATE
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/07/25/584751/romneys-we-did-build-this-events-feature-businesses-built-with-government-subsidies-and-contracts/

Rather than get all snarky (Markle) about the source of this article why don't you try to disprove these facts if you think they aren't correct?
Oh, and for an added thrill, make sure you click on the link referencing the same type of comment made by Mitt. See, he knows what the President of the United States said was true.

What fun. There was no misunderstanding in what President Barack Hussein Obama said. What else would he say?

You're making President Obama's comments about all the companies rescued by Bain. As you well know, this is about ALL small and large business owners. He really spoke what he believes, Socialism, isn't that with whom he has surrounded himself?

Oblamer is Whining Again O-success

16Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 9:39 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Markle wrote:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

This is just beautiful.

I'm so glad you posted more of his speech because it points out a fundamental difference between the Democratic and Republican philosophies of government. Democrats believe that government should function for ALL the people. It should do things that people can't do on their own, like fight fires or build highways. This is not a socialist idea it is the American way. It is why we work together as a nation instead of only as 50 individual states.

The Republicans' idea is that government should just leave us all alone with a few exceptions so we can all do our own thing. Well, as we've seen sometimes it is not a good idea to put the foxes in charge of the chicken coop as would be the case with unfettered capitalism. If we really had a totally free enterprise system, which even you don't think we have, the economy would end up looking like a giant game of monopoly with a few "winners" and well, 99% loosers.

You seem to prefer that model. I, on the other hand prefer the notion that we are all in this together and that there are some things we do better when we do them together. This is the difference we should be discussing in rational terms. You, however, continue to casually toss around your accusations that the president is a socialist/communist. Really, it just makes your argument look very weak and anyone who reads those statements surely discounts anything remotely valid you may say.

17Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 9:46 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
What fun. There was no misunderstanding in what President Barack Hussein Obama said. What else would he say?

You're making President Obama's comments about all the companies rescued by Bain. As you well know, this is about ALL small and large business owners. He really spoke what he believes, Socialism, isn't that with whom he has surrounded himself?

Oblamer is Whining Again O-success[/quote]I don't understand what you are saying there. Please explain.

I do understand, however, that the president believes that we are all in this together and can accomplish more as individuals because we HAVE worked together to build a strong nation. He believes in individual ambition and effort as do we all. He merely points out the obvious, that businesses aren't built in a vacuum. They profit from the work of others as well as from the work of the business owner.

That is not socialism. It is the American way. Are we a nation or just an aggregate of individuals all on our own?

18Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 10:05 am

Guest


Guest
othershoe1030 wrote:
I do understand, however, that the president believes that we are all in this together ?[/color]

I have to disagree, Obama has proven to be a very devisive President who absolutely refuses to act in the capacity of President in bringing the Repubs and Dems together in order to accomplish what needs to be done. He circumvents Congress at every opportunity through executive fiat since he knows he does not have the experience or will to garner support among opposing views. He exhibits every trait of a true narcissist.

19Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 12:03 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
I do understand, however, that the president believes that we are all in this together ?[/color]

I have to disagree, Obama has proven to be a very devisive President who absolutely refuses to act in the capacity of President in bringing the Repubs and Dems together in order to accomplish what needs to be done. He circumvents Congress at every opportunity through executive fiat since he knows he does not have the experience or will to garner support among opposing views. He exhibits every trait of a true narcissist.
Well, I have to disagree with your view of the President. From where I stand it is the Republicans who have put roadblocks up at every opportunity going so far as to vote against bills they have co-sponsored. They don't want to vote in favor of their own ideas even when those ideas would help the country. They fear making the President look good. Now, how long it will take for the voters to pick up on all this time will tell.

May 30, 2012
NAKED TRUTHS
Posted by Hendrik Hertzberg


In the non-fairy-tale world we actually live in, nobody pays much attention if some random urchin on a street corner starts shouting that a feared and lofty potentate isn’t wearing any clothes. But if the shouters are a pair of prestigious guardians of public rectitude and upholders of the ancient traditions of civic morality, then word that the emperor in question is not just buck naked but scrofulous and syphilitic just might begin to trickle down to the lower orders.

Such a duo of über-respectables are Thomas E. Mann, a luminary of the ever so slightly left-of-center Brookings Institution, and Norman J. Ornstein, an ornament of the somewhat more firmly right-of-center American Enterprise Institute, both of whom used to communicate in tones of calm, non-inflammatory reassurance. Such a street corner is the Washington Post, and such a potentate is—well, here’s the headline over Mann and Ornstein’s double-length op-ed, which landed on Georgetown stoops a few Sundays ago: LET’S JUST SAY IT: THE REPUBLICANS ARE THE PROBLEM.

Oh dear. How very impolite. A sample:

We have been studying Washington politics and Congress for more than 40 years, and never have we seen them this dysfunctional. In our past writings, we have criticized both parties when we believed it was warranted. Today, however, we have no choice but to acknowledge that the core of the problem lies with the Republican Party.
The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition. When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges.



Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/hendrikhertzberg/2012/05/mann-and-ornstein.html#ixzz21kF1Bcp2

20Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 12:13 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
I wanted to post an excerpt from the introduction of the book mentioned above but the site won't allow me to copy and paste. I will give readers the link to the material. The opening paragraphs describe a bill referred to as the Conrad-Gregg Proposal. Six Republicans including McCain and McConnell voted to kill a bill they co-sponsored. If this is how the Republicans act in Congress, voting against their own ideas, how can anyone blame the president for failing to bring the congress together and work with him? They were voting against something they proposed.

http://www.amazon.com/Even-Worse-Than-Looks-Constitutional/dp/0465031331

21Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 12:17 pm

Guest


Guest
othershoe1030 wrote:
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
I do understand, however, that the president believes that we are all in this together ?[/color]

I have to disagree, Obama has proven to be a very devisive President who absolutely refuses to act in the capacity of President in bringing the Repubs and Dems together in order to accomplish what needs to be done. He circumvents Congress at every opportunity through executive fiat since he knows he does not have the experience or will to garner support among opposing views. He exhibits every trait of a true narcissist.
Well, I have to disagree with your view of the President. From where I stand it is the Republicans who have put roadblocks up at every opportunity going so far as to vote against bills they have co-sponsored. They don't want to vote in favor of their own ideas even when those ideas would help the country. They fear making the President look good. Now, how long it will take for the voters to pick up on all this time will tell.

May 30, 2012
NAKED TRUTHS
Posted by Hendrik Hertzberg


"It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition. When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges."

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/hendrikhertzberg/2012/05/mann-and-ornstein.html#ixzz21kF1Bcp2

While Hertzberg is a well-known ultra-liberal with an agenda ax to grind the highlighted statement is applicable - to both the Dems and Repubs currently in office, not just one side. They all need to go home. Doesn't change my opinion about the devisiveness and deception of Obama though.

22Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 10:26 pm

Markle

Markle
[quote="othershoe1030"]
Markle wrote:

You, however, continue to casually toss around your accusations that the president is a socialist/communist. Really, it just makes your argument look very weak and anyone who reads those statements surely discounts anything remotely valid you may say. [/color]

As you well know...it was President Barack Hussein Obama who implored us to judge him by the people with whom he surrounded himself.

Okay, fair enough, right?
Oblamer is Whining Again ObamaFriends-1

More? Again?

23Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 7/26/2012, 10:41 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Just go ahead and post your little supposed rogues gallery, your fantasy Obama family album. Do you think anyone pays attention to it?

It is just another annoyance to quickly scroll past in order to read something of some sense posted by someone willing to put some interesting and possibly original thoughts out for the rest of us to discuss.

This repeated paste is not even interesting much less relevant to the discussion.

24Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 8/2/2012, 12:17 am

Guest


Guest
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
I do understand, however, that the president believes that we are all in this together ?[/color]

I have to disagree, Obama has proven to be a very devisive President who absolutely refuses to act in the capacity of President in bringing the Repubs and Dems together in order to accomplish what needs to be done. He circumvents Congress at every opportunity through executive fiat since he knows he does not have the experience or will to garner support among opposing views. He exhibits every trait of a true narcissist.

That's total hogwash! He's tried to compromise over and over and the repugs won't have it. The American people are seeing this.

25Oblamer is Whining Again Empty Re: Oblamer is Whining Again on 8/2/2012, 12:19 am

Sal

Sal
Dreamsglore wrote:
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
I do understand, however, that the president believes that we are all in this together ?[/color]

I have to disagree, Obama has proven to be a very devisive President who absolutely refuses to act in the capacity of President in bringing the Repubs and Dems together in order to accomplish what needs to be done. He circumvents Congress at every opportunity through executive fiat since he knows he does not have the experience or will to garner support among opposing views. He exhibits every trait of a true narcissist.

That's total hogwash! He's tried to compromise over and over and the repugs won't have it. The American people are seeing this.

The Repukes just today voted to raise taxes on the middle class because they insist on cutting taxes on the 1%. They've painted themselves into a very uncomfortable corner.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum