Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They will shortly either capture or kill the suspect. For the sake of our country, pray they're able to take him alive.

+5
gulfbeachbandit
Sal
Nekochan
Yella
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote: Klaatu barada nikto

Jesus and Klaatu. Two great characters in fiction. And both were crucified and arose from the dead.
But one said turn the other cheek and when they fuck you over you can live with the sky daddy.
And the other said quit fucking yourselves over or it's Gort time for you.
Both left and promised to come back for another visit.
I hope Klaatu comes back first. And after seeing what Gort can do I hope in the sequel we'll be smart enough not to gun Klaatu down again. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

You reject the very core of Jesus' (and Ghandi's and MLK's) message and embrace barbarism.

Put your sword back in its place for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

If our forefathers had lived by that philosophy, their descendants would have all remained bowing to a queen. And when the queen lived by that philosophy, we'd all now be speaking German and waving swastikas.
And I seriously doubt the nazis would have ever even permitted this forum to exist.

You reject as impractical Jesus' message.

That's cool.

I find it to be radical and compelling, and would like to see the results if it was ever actualized.

I'm not holding my breath tho, cause gawd knows, "christians" will never do it.

lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I am leaving soon and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The Universe grows smaller every day -- and the threat of aggression by any group -- anywhere -- can no longer be tolerated.

There must be security for all -- or no one is secure... This does not mean giving up any freedom except the freedom to act irresponsibly.

Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves -- and hired policemen to enforce them.

We of the other planets have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets -- and for the complete elimination of aggression. A sort of United Nations on the Planetary level... The test of any such higher authority, of course, is the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots-- Their function is to patrol the planets -- in space ships like this one -- and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression we have given them absolute power over us.

At the first sign of violence they act automatically against the aggressor. And the penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk.

The result is that we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war -- free to pursue more profitable enterprises. We do not pretend to have achieved perfection -- but we do have a system -- and it works.

I came here to give you the facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet -- but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned- out cinder.

Your choice is simple. Join us and live in peace. Or pursue your present course -- and face obliteration. We will be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Klaatu was definitely old testament. I love those fucking words.
They were written by Edmund North in 1951.

Sal

Sal

Violence begets violence ...

... how's that been working out for us?

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I am leaving soon and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The Universe grows smaller every day -- and the threat of aggression by any group -- anywhere -- can no longer be tolerated.

There must be security for all -- or no one is secure... This does not mean giving up any freedom except the freedom to act irresponsibly.

Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves -- and hired policemen to enforce them.

We of the other planets have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets -- and for the complete elimination of aggression. A sort of United Nations on the Planetary level... The test of any such higher authority, of course, is the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots-- Their function is to patrol the planets -- in space ships like this one -- and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression we have given them absolute power over us.

At the first sign of violence they act automatically against the aggressor. And the penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk.

The result is that we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war -- free to pursue more profitable enterprises. We do not pretend to have achieved perfection -- but we do have a system -- and it works.

I came here to give you the facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet -- but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned- out cinder.

Your choice is simple. Join us and live in peace. Or pursue your present course -- and face obliteration. We will be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Klaatu was definitely old testament. I love those fucking words.
They were written by Edmund North in 1951.

Klaatu and Gort Need to show up tomorrow or by next week for sure.
Things are starting to get hairy

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I watched that movie when it was shown on national tv for the first time in 1957. My Dad took my mother and me to visit his two buddies who had been with him for three and a half years in the war (in the pacific jungles).
We were at the home of one of his buddies and his family in South Carolina. And the third buddy and his family were all there too.
I watched it in the living room with the three army buddies. And I will always remember these three grown men who had literally lived through hell in the war being brought to tears by those words in Klaatu's speech.
I was too young to understand why then. But over time I became mature enough to understand.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I watched that movie when it was shown on national tv for the first time in 1957. My Dad took my mother and me to visit his two buddies who had been with him for three and a half years in the war (in the pacific jungles).
We were at the home of one of his buddies and his family in South Carolina. And the third buddy and his family were all there too.
I watched it in the living room with the three army buddies. And I will always remember these three grown men who had literally lived through hell in the war being brought to tears by those words in Klaatu's speech.
I was too young to understand why then. But over time I became mature enough to understand.

WTF???

Veterans of WWII and members of the greatest generation getting weepy over The Day the Earth Stood Still??

Seriously??

For fuck's sake, the wussification of America started way before we anticipated.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

WTF???

Veterans of WWII and members of the greatest generation getting weepy over The Day the Earth Stood Still??

Seriously??

For fuck's sake, the wussification of America started way before we anticipated.

I don't think I would characterize these three men as wussies. lol
One of them's name was Rock Bell and if you heard him speak you would swear you were listening to a voice that was almost a perfect double for Bear Bryant. But the voice didn't mean nothing compared to what they had all been through and what they had done to survive. My cousin talked to my Dad about it a lot more than I did (to my regret). My cousin characterizes him as the most gentle hearted "trained killer" he has ever known.
On one occasion he was standing with two other men and a friendly fire artillery shell landed in front of them. The two with him were mutillated and died instantly. He was wounded but survived and after getting his wounds patched up he got right back into the fight. Spent two of the three Christmas Days in brutal combat. At one point had to get under the water in a river with dead corpses all around him to avoid being captured.
But when the war ended he came home and had a family and went to work and put it all behind him. Except for when the three buddies got together every year until he died.

And that time I was with them and they cried at the end of the movie it wasn't because they were wussies. It was because the idea of a world without aggression and war was very meaningful to them.
But they were no more naive about that than I am. They knew it was only a movie and would not likely ever become reality. That's also why they were crying.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Alex Jones just revealed that his website <infowars.com> is getting 100,000 views per minute.
On that note I'm turning off the radio and going to sleep.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum