Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am soo mad -- let me tell you what this company did to my mom in nursing home

+5
gulfbeachbandit
NaNook
Floridatexan
bizguy
cool1
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

stormwatch89 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Coolio... please don't think you have to explain yourself to us or to people that make ignorant criticisms. gulf doesn't know shit from shinola about you, your situation, or caregiving. He doesn't deserve an explanation or even a response... he was just stirring shit. Keep the rest of us updated... I know taking advantage of seniors or handicapped is taken very seriously and has severe penalties. There used to be notices posted in nursing homes as to who to contact if abuse is suspected. We can help you research that if they don't fix this.

Good post, pkr. I really do think I can help and avoid y'all some of the research if she wants.

Great..!! Thank you Stormy..!!

Long ago I did epidemiology studies on hospitals and nursing homes... that's not much help. lol

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Coolio... please don't think you have to explain yourself to us or to people that make ignorant criticisms. gulf doesn't know shit from shinola about you, your situation, or caregiving. He doesn't deserve an explanation or even a response... he was just stirring shit. Keep the rest of us updated... I know taking advantage of seniors or handicapped is taken very seriously and has severe penalties. There used to be notices posted in nursing homes as to who to contact if abuse is suspected. We can help you research that if they don't fix this.

Good post, pkr. I really do think I can help and avoid y'all some of the research if she wants.

Great..!! Thank you Stormy..!!

Long ago I did epidemiology studies on hospitals and nursing homes... that's not much help. lol

Well, I'm pretty much a plebe, but after the golden parachute when selling the business, I needed something to do, so found this niche.

It's gratifying as we do help seniors with all problems, if we can.

Love the AG back up! We're also all volunteers for any of you who might have issues.....there is no charge.

More often than not our letterhead does the trick. If not, we can direct you through the right channels.

Lol... I know I wouldn't like getting a letter from them.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:Lol... I know I wouldn't like getting a letter from them.

Love that freakin letterhead! I have, perhaps, one talent and that is writing letters that conform to that letterhead!!!!! Yup, a legal bitch.

I do think I can help Cool, and I don't say that lightly.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

cool1 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
cool1 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:I would never put my Mother in one of these places.

I wouldnt either -I didnt have a choice on that I wanted good care for her
You wouldn't either? Then how did she end up there?
Did the government take her away from you against your will?

man --If I could take care of her she would be at home with me I love her -no I put her there so she could get help--just because they screw paper work up doesnt mean she doesnt get good care if you dont understand that well I cant explain it any better --I did the right thing she is happy where she is her meds are given correctly--phy-therapy is there --eats good has friends gets hair cuts---they wheel her in a room for singing and church--yea shes just fine thanks

I'm glad your Mom is fine. I just couldn't ever do that to my only Mother. I love her too much.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Caring for a person with health problems and without legs is not easy. My brother took care of our mom for several years, until she broke her hip. When she broke her hip, she went into rehab for several weeks and then my brother brought her back home. But after she broke her hip, she could no longer get around and caring for her was too much for him to handle by himself. So she went into a nursing home. It was the right choice and had nothing to do with how much he loved her. He had already cared for her for several years as her mind deteriorated and her dementia progressed. And believe me--it was not easy to look after her even when she could get around on her own. But once mom was immobile it was just too difficult for him to give her the care that she needed.

Cool, I wish you luck and I think Stormy can help you.

cool1

cool1

stormwatch89 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Lol... I know I wouldn't like getting a letter from them.

Love that freakin letterhead! I have, perhaps, one talent and that is writing letters that conform to that letterhead!!!!! Yup, a legal bitch.

I do think I can help Cool, and I don't say that lightly.

Hee hee Legal bitch - Laughing You are perhaps just the person I would need
thank you for carring enough to help , All of them will be in the office Monday if I run into to much that I cant deal with I will send you a mess--

you have to hear what happned today -OH My----My daughter wanted to go to NAS today to the musium I told her go ahead--can I go with a friend -Yes----------so she texts a few friends ----Shayna will go with me.

Ive known Shayna for years so no problem---so I had to go somewhere came home rested for a while--My daughter comes home and I called her to my room --Well how did yall like the museium ---she said I went by myself

ok -she had been texting Shayna for 30 min before she left -I asked her did she tell her mom you been driving for a year and your taking your car and I wont be with you I told her ya know how her mom is ya better tell her --So right there in front of me she did ! then she said Shayna moved she lives so and so --I told her I didnt know they moved--heehee its been almost a year though that the girls got togather .

I asked her ya know how to get there ---Yes she says --phone-gps im looking at it now --so the girls kept texting and Shayna says im getting ready -Katie told her im on the way -Shayna says OK

ok so then Katie comes home and I called her to my room and told me I went by myself---WHY I asked
Well Mom earlier I wasnt talking to Shayna before Shocked WHAT I said
well the other girls name was Shayna --just not the right Shayna --I said WHAT---she said yep and she has a friend named Katie I said WHAT---
So what happned when you got there Katie -oh man see you could have been hurt or something man then what happned she said Shayna came out of house walked up to her car and they noticed they didnt know each other I said WHAT--then what happned ---Katie told me the girl went to Pensacola High School and they both talked for a lil bit -she told me sweet girl mom so nice we laughed and laughed

I told her Katie man you have got to be careful with your phone just think what if a bad man would have been at that house-scared me
so I told her since yall got along that good did you ask her if she wanted to go to Nas --just kidding with her -she said NO MOM------I didnt know her I just laughed and laughed and told her I never heard of such a thing come on 2 girls same name that just does not happen it just dont. I never thought something like that could even be possible-kinda funny and scarry at the same time dont u think---------- well now that im over the shock of it all its kinda Funny Laughing

My husband just made me a BLT he is so sweet ---Looks like im going to eat now Wink

cool1

cool1

Nekochan wrote:Caring for a person with health problems and without legs is not easy. My brother took care of our mom for several years, until she broke her hip. When she broke her hip, she went into rehab for several weeks and then my brother brought her back home. But after she broke her hip, she could no longer get around and caring for her was too much for him to handle by himself. So she went into a nursing home. It was the right choice and had nothing to do with how much he loved her. He had already cared for her for several years as her mind deteriorated and her dementia progressed. And believe me--it was not easy to look after her even when she could get around on her own. But once mom was immobile it was just too difficult for him to give her the care that she needed.

Cool, I wish you luck and I think Stormy can help you.

Oh boy is it tough taking care of someone who cannot move at all it is hard very hard and mom wouldnt let us use the lift they gave us to lift her -- I just couldnt turn her or anything---right now she just has her right arm and hand that is it --I cant stand that but they have taught her to try to take her top off she did it took her a while but she did it and mom smiled I dont know if I was happy at that point or just hurt to see her have to do that.

started out with toe on foot -they took that off -then her heel they took that off---infected so they took her leg a year later other heel so they took off the other leg ---while she was at her house they meaning a nurse gave her to many meds--and I drove 90 to get to Milton and she just didnt look good so she wasnt responsive---911--on the way heart attack---lost use of her left arm---I packed up went to her --tried to take care of her and couldnt then the home she got sick again two fingers so they took them off and that was on her bad arm thank goodness -I remember talking to doc--before they took her fingers--so if you go in and look --I cried you may have to take her arm huh! he said maybe I told him mom doesnt have anything much left to take I told him --He said I know . I know I made the right decision also by my mom being in a home she is the one that picked that home lol---she said she visited someone there once and that is where I want to go .

that BLTs getting cold ----have a good evening all of you

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Be very grateful for a good husband, cool. Cherish what you DO have!

PM me, anytime.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Neko.......I surely can't hurt!

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

stormwatch89 wrote:Be very grateful for a good husband, cool. Cherish what you DO have!

PM me, anytime.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Neko.......I surely can't hurt!

Stormy, you're a gem. sunny

cool1

cool1

I want to thank all for your concern and offer to help! Good News
The place that took moms money --They have to return all the money--and the nursing home wrote a check out paid in full for moms funeral expenses-yep by law they should have been paying that $35 a month and the lady over there at the funeral place told them if you had paid that her moms funeral would have been paid months ago , So they had to cut a check out and it is paid in full--well see I dont have to worry anymore on final expenses whew started out around $3000-geeze im glad thats paid off cheers Nothing worse than having to worry about something like that

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

cheers cheers cheers

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

cool1 wrote:I want to thank all for your concern and offer to help! Good News
The place that took moms money --They have to return all the money--and the nursing home wrote a check out paid in full for moms funeral expenses-yep by law they should have been paying that $35 a month and the lady over there at the funeral place told them if you had paid that her moms funeral would have been paid months ago , So they had to cut a check out and it is paid in full--well see I dont have to worry anymore on final expenses whew started out around $3000-geeze im glad thats paid off cheers Nothing worse than having to worry about something like that

GREAT NEWS!!!!

cool1

cool1

stormwatch89 wrote:
cool1 wrote:I want to thank all for your concern and offer to help! Good News

GREAT NEWS!!!!

yes I thought I had it worked out the home told me they have to return money but yet I called the dental people and they dont want to or cant refund the money they keep telling me they have to do research-so now im on the phone with medicade fraud --they want the name of the company --phone no--moms medicare number all that stuff so im working on it --I will get this straightned out though ---moms funeral is paid in full that is one good thing that come out of this --geeze looked up medicade fraud --It said beware of doctors and dentists Rolling Eyes

the dental people said mom signed it -I told them she cant sign anything I know this for a fact----reason I know this because the home wouldnt let her sign a thing I neaded done ! I told them if she cant sign for me --she cant sign for you Razz -----geeze I told the people what do you do go to these peoples room and have them sign things without there reprosenative---I am reporting them and the home will back me up

How did the dental insurance people get your mother's medicare number?

No one needs her medicare or medicaid number to write a dental application. I am telling you call the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation tomorrow. There is also a fraud office in Pensacola I believe in that office building behind University Mall.

doubtingthomas wrote:No one needs her medicare or medicaid number to write a dental application. I am telling you call the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation tomorrow. There is also a fraud office in Pensacola I believe in that office building behind University Mall.

I know they don't need her number to write a policy. She said she had called in a fraud report w/ medicare.

cool1

cool1

The dentle insurance was stopped on the second call I had made --yes I called medicade fraud unit --the third call I made they told me that they sent paperwork in to have it stopped so I told them its a good thing and your lucky I dont report you anyway---Senior Dental is the name of the insurance company that did this --had to fight for a couple of days but I did it on my own with help from computer to.

I went to Florida Laws on nuring homes and learned allot ! I think I read so much it made me sick -I should have done that long ago but I thought everything was fine , I learned to pay attention and stay on top of things and found the law where it said if ur mom is incompacitated only family can make decisions

After all this I told the home I sugest you not let your patients sign anything without family being present --this could have gotten messy but I just wanted to end ---all is good now

what nice weather weve been having ---I have a bunch of girls at my house ---showers then church they love it --Yall have a good day Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum