Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am soo mad -- let me tell you what this company did to my mom in nursing home

+5
gulfbeachbandit
NaNook
Floridatexan
bizguy
cool1
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

cool1

cool1

My mom is in a nursing home some company went and tapped into my moms money at the nursing home , They have taken apon themselves to be paid $118.00 a month for dental insurance --SHE HAS NO TEETH.

they were to have authorization to do this ---- 3 days ago I got this huge package wanting me to sign a couple of pages I laughed knowing mom wouldnt want this so I threw it away -Well

today I get this letter from Rosewood that I get every so often say 3months ---and on there is yep for the last three months they took $118 without permission -so I called Rosewood asked them whats up with that they told me didnt you authorize them to do that -I said NO , They said we thought you did .

They said you want us to help we will send them an e-mail -I said yes please and I said give me there number I have a few things I would like to tell them myself.

I called them the first time really mad told her a lil bit- she said hold on and sent me to some kind of voice mail--oooo so mad at this point .so I called the young girl back this is wanda again she said so sorry im sorry I connected you to a disconnected number --I told her put a person on the phone now--yes mam she said

so I get the lady on the phone and tell her I reprosent dadadada im dada and you have stolen money from my mom--you have lied and forged paperwork to take the money--and I want you to put every penny back

still trying to sell the crap----we are a repticle company she started off and I told her no the hell you are not --not at all --well then she said Monday the lady who handles this will call you --she will do research and get back with you .

I told her yea you have her call me after she writes the check back to Rosewood---you tell her she is lucky I dont call my lawyer and I will if I have to .

Then I called Rosewood the home ----have you been sending that 35.00 I told you to send for moms funeral arrangements ? Because everytime I bring it up you say you will check and never do ---so I told them yea do that because you can put money out the door that is not authorized --lets see if you have been paying what was authorized and signed --geeze

she said we will check---I told her im mad right now sorry she said I will get back with you --on the statement I get I never see that 35 going out so oh well I dont think they have been paying it---at first they didnt want to pay it but the funeral home told them you have to because its the law-

Because mom allready was paying on that and I prooved it so they have to make those payments --with any of mothers money left they have to pay it . IM DONE-----I cant believe what some people do these days

bizguy

cool1 wrote:My mom is in a nursing home some company went and tapped into my moms money at the nursing home , They have taken apon themselves to be paid $118.00 a month for dental insurance --SHE HAS NO TEETH.

they were to have authorization to do this ---- 3 days ago I got this huge package wanting me to sign a couple of pages I laughed knowing mom wouldnt want this so I threw it away -Well

today I get this letter from Rosewood that I get every so often say 3months ---and on there is yep for the last three months they took $118 without permission -so I called Rosewood asked them whats up with that they told me didnt you authorize them to do that -I said NO , They said we thought you did .

They said you want us to help we will send them an e-mail -I said yes please and I said give me there number I have a few things I would like to tell them myself.

I called them the first time really mad told her a lil bit- she said hold on and sent me to some kind of voice mail--oooo so mad at this point .so I called the young girl back this is wanda again she said so sorry im sorry I connected you to a disconnected number --I told her put a person on the phone now--yes mam she said

so I get the lady on the phone and tell her I reprosent dadadada im dada and you have stolen money from my mom--you have lied and forged paperwork to take the money--and I want you to put every penny back

still trying to sell the crap----we are a repticle company she started off and I told her no the hell you are not --not at all --well then she said Monday the lady who handles this will call you --she will do research and get back with you .

I told her yea you have her call me after she writes the check back to Rosewood---you tell her she is lucky I dont call my lawyer and I will if I have to .

Then I called Rosewood the home ----have you been sending that 35.00 I told you to send for moms funeral arrangements ? Because everytime I bring it up you say you will check and never do ---so I told them yea do that because you can put money out the door that is not authorized --lets see if you have been paying what was authorized and signed --geeze

she said we will check---I told her im mad right now sorry she said I will get back with you --on the statement I get I never see that 35 going out so oh well I dont think they have been paying it---at first they didnt want to pay it but the funeral home told them you have to because its the law-

Because mom allready was paying on that and I prooved it so they have to make those payments --with any of mothers money left they have to pay it . IM DONE-----I cant believe what some people do these days

Who is paying for her nursing home care...Medicaid, LTC insurance or private pay? I'm curious as to why the nursing home has access to her funds.

cool1

cool1

mom use to get say $700 a month --medicade I guess --the home is paid for ---and she only has 35 left over I gave authorization for them to pay funeral home---I will pay whats left owed there! I buy small stuff--lotion -clothes stuff like that.

The home told me that because that money went to dental well they had to take a pay cut? for that dental place to be paid -- Rolling Eyes I dont understand that one.

The home gets her check--I dont I just oversee everything and sign everything

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

First, take a deep breath and relax, Cool.

Better? OK, now...do you have the full name and address of the company? Keep a record of everyone's name that you speak with from this point on and all other communications with them. Take your case to the nursing home administrator...don't waste time with clerks. I take it you often visit your mother; it shouldn't be too hard to schedule a visit with the admin when you're going to be there anyway. Face to face is best. How did this company gain access to your mother's account? What will be done about the unauthorized charges? The authorized charges? You may need a full accounting of all expenditures before you consult your lawyer...

cool1

cool1

Floridatexan wrote:

Better? OK, now...do you have the full name and address of the company? Keep a record of everyone's name that you speak with from this point on and all other communications with them. Take your case to the nursing home administrator...don't waste time with clerks. I take it you often visit your mother; it shouldn't be too hard to schedule a visit with the admin when you're going to be there anyway. Face to face is best. How did this company gain access to your mother's account? What will be done about the unauthorized charges? The authorized charges? You may need a full accounting of all expenditures before you consult your lawyer...

your so right I got so upset --I dont even know the name of the company Rolling Eyes isnt that stupid ---Im exhausted I took a nap --Monday I will go to the home -no if I have time tomorrow I will go to home and find out the name and keep on top of it -and yes your right go to the top the administrater--yes face to face is best !

I guess the home wasnt paying attention and sent the money out to them I guess they thought I signed it --yes I hope it dont have to get that far -im also going to call the funeral home and ask them if they have been getting those payments --I will try to do that now--because the home never called me back ---? thank you I wasnt thinking clear but I will from now on --let me call funeral home now and yes I will write down from now on who I talk to even the funeral home

thank you sooo much.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

cool1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

your so right I got so upset --I dont even know the name of the company Rolling Eyes isnt that stupid ---Im exhausted I took a nap --Monday I will go to the home -no if I have time tomorrow I will go to home and find out the name and keep on top of it -and yes your right go to the top the administrater--yes face to face is best !

I guess the home wasnt paying attention and sent the money out to them I guess they thought I signed it --yes I hope it dont have to get that far -im also going to call the funeral home and ask them if they have been getting those payments --I will try to do that now--because the home never called me back ---? thank you I wasnt thinking clear but I will from now on --let me call funeral home now and yes I will write down from now on who I talk to even the funeral home

thank you sooo much.

It's all right, sweetheart. You have a lot on your plate.

cool1

cool1

ok I called the funeral home because where mother is staying they didnt call me ----geeze bad news again -they havent been paying moms funeral bill in over a year caught it in time she said it was ok

Monday the funeral home will call the home where mother is and she said she is sorry for not keeping up with moms account and she will now she said its the law and I will call them --she said she sent 2 past due notices to them a year ago she is up set to --she is going to call them and give them hell she said Laughing

she said they will pay up or be in trouble---I asked for her help I said do you have all that information dates and stuff she said --I sure do so maybe we can get this straightned up thank you again I will let ya know the outcome of all this Monday---I hate that I panic to put this on pnj but some of you do know more than I do -you helped me today thank you

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

cool1 wrote:ok I called the funeral home because where mother is staying they didnt call me ----geeze bad news again -they havent been paying moms funeral bill in over a year caught it in time she said it was ok

Monday the funeral home will call the home where mother is and she said she is sorry for not keeping up with moms account and she will now she said its the law and I will call them --she said she sent 2 past due notices to them a year ago she is up set to --she is going to call them and give them hell she said Laughing

she said they will pay up or be in trouble---I asked for her help I said do you have all that information dates and stuff she said --I sure do so maybe we can get this straightned up thank you again I will let ya know the outcome of all this Monday---I hate that I panic to put this on pnj but some of you do know more than I do -you helped me today thank you

I love you, too.

Hang in there Coolio. If they don't resolve this asap there are some resources that can advocate for y'all.

Good luck..!!

NaNook

NaNook

Cool1,

Do you have a Durable Power of Attorney regarding your Mother? If not, why not? If you mother is unable to handle her finances, you need the protection to handle them for her. Otherwise, your Mother could/can sign anything she wishes in regards to her financial obligations.

Good Luck....

cool1

cool1

PkrBum wrote:Hang in there Coolio. If they don't resolve this asap there are some resources that can advocate for y'all.

Good luck..!!

Thank you Pkr

Gee, if I didn't know better this sounds like insurance fraud with the nursing home allowing some agent to write dental plans on the residents and someone there is signing the electronic fund transfer form and probably receiving a rebate from an agent. I think I would start with the Department of Insurance.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I would never put my Mother in one of these places.

cool1

cool1

NaNook wrote:Cool1,

Do you have a Durable Power of Attorney regarding your Mother? If not, why not? If you mother is unable to handle her finances, you need the protection to handle them for her. Otherwise, your Mother could/can sign anything she wishes in regards to her financial obligations.

Good Luck....

ok try to make it short -mom lost both legs -I moved in to help --but by then she was going to the hospital say 8 times a month I tried to move her here with me but she wanted to stay in her home in Milton , My brother is mentally challenged I had to move there for about a year --my child goes to school in Pensacola --drove back and forth

I have to take care of my brother now ---she got so bad I got a call my brother couldnt handle taking care of mom --couldnt aford a wheel chair van so that screwed me up----after around 2 months I was there she got bad --My brother and I tried to take her to get her hair cut in the car and well she was very very large and she slid in the seat and got stuck under dash--called 911 as you see I or my brother couldnt help her ---I just didnt have time to get power of att---I knew I needed to mom told me to --I told her we have to find someone to come to us

back to hospital she went -from there to nursing home we just couldnt take care of her right ----and one nurse that came to the house overdosed her --she almost died that night ---so home she went --now she has had heart problems --she doesnt have her left arm its stuck so is her hand they had to take two fingers-----so all she has now is one limb --her right arm and hand that is it she does feed herself with one hand -thank god!

when she got to home they wouldnt let me do it get power of att---so im only the family reprosenative --they cant do a thing without my signature im still family------------shes not my real mom I just call her that ive called her that for years --she got custody of my brother so now I have my brother to take care of at 46 and mentally challenged ---geeze which is making me go crazy from time to time lol----ok that was not short

cool1

cool1

gulfbeachbandit wrote:I would never put my Mother in one of these places.

I wouldnt either -I didnt have a choice on that I wanted good care for her she was around 300 lbs geeze I just couldnt lift her shes lost some weight now some---they feed her right --she use to eat junk and being diabetic thats real bad to do my brother let her eat anything she wanted mostly junk food

Last edited by cool1 on 4/19/2013, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

cool1 wrote:

I wouldnt either -I didnt have a choice on that I wanted good care for her
You wouldn't either? Then how did she end up there?
Did the government take her away from you against your will?

cool1

cool1

yall have a good evening I dont feel so well im going to bed Sleep

cool1

cool1

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
cool1 wrote:

I wouldnt either -I didnt have a choice on that I wanted good care for her
You wouldn't either? Then how did she end up there?
Did the government take her away from you against your will?

man --If I could take care of her she would be at home with me I love her -no I put her there so she could get help--just because they screw paper work up doesnt mean she doesnt get good care if you dont understand that well I cant explain it any better --I did the right thing she is happy where she is her meds are given correctly--phy-therapy is there --eats good has friends gets hair cuts---they wheel her in a room for singing and church--yea shes just fine thanks

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PkrBum wrote:Hang in there Coolio. If they don't resolve this asap there are some resources that can advocate for y'all.

Good luck..!!

I had a card in my billfold for soooo long from a sharp woman who is an advocate for the elderly. I must have tossed it, because I can't find it now.

FT, do you think DCF could help? It seems taking money out of an elderly person's account without permission would amount to elder abuse.

I'm sorry, cool.....I don't know that much about resources in situations such as yours.

And don't feel bad for coming to the forum with this!

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

You are such a colossal jerk. Have you ever tried to provide 24/7 care for an elderly parent with dementia or another serious illness? If so, tell us all how you managed it, please. If not, shut up.

cool1

cool1

PBulldog2 wrote:

Good luck..!!

I had a card in my billfold for soooo long from a sharp woman who is an advocate for the elderly. I must have tossed it, because I can't find it now.

FT, do you think DCF could help? It seems taking money out of an elderly person's account without permission would amount to elder abuse.

I'm sorry, cool.....I don't know that much about resources in situations such as yours.

PB -I will figure it all out Monday ---If they dont do something -I will---dont know what yet but I will do something. I have homework to do this morning -computer stuff and im not good at it so I will be working on that yall have a good day busy this weekend -come Monday everyone should be back in there office

PBulldog2 wrote:

Good luck..!!

Yes, it would be financial exploitation. She could call 1-800-96-abuse and file a complaint w/ adult protective services. They will investigate. Makes you wonder how many others they've been doing that too. I've never heard good things about Rosewood.

Coolio... please don't think you have to explain yourself to us or to people that make ignorant criticisms. gulf doesn't know shit from shinola about you, your situation, or caregiving. He doesn't deserve an explanation or even a response... he was just stirring shit. Keep the rest of us updated... I know taking advantage of seniors or handicapped is taken very seriously and has severe penalties. There used to be notices posted in nursing homes as to who to contact if abuse is suspected. We can help you research that if they don't fix this.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Cool, so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. It's exhausting, I know.

There are many senior help groups. I work for a branch of the Attorney General who does nothing but work for Seniors and your case is not unfamiliar. We can guide you in many ways where you will not require an attorney.

We can more than likely help. PM me if you want .......I'm on it.

We're FREE!

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:Coolio... please don't think you have to explain yourself to us or to people that make ignorant criticisms. gulf doesn't know shit from shinola about you, your situation, or caregiving. He doesn't deserve an explanation or even a response... he was just stirring shit. Keep the rest of us updated... I know taking advantage of seniors or handicapped is taken very seriously and has severe penalties. There used to be notices posted in nursing homes as to who to contact if abuse is suspected. We can help you research that if they don't fix this.

Good post, pkr. I really do think I can help and avoid y'all some of the research if she wants.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum