Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pick the Master's winner

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pick the Master's winner Empty Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 1:14 pm

2seaoat

Pick two golfers. The highest two picks in the final leader board is the winner.

Jim Furyk
Brandt Snedeker

2Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 1:16 pm

2seaoat

Let me better define the scoring. It is the combined placement of your two picks. So if Tiger finishes 1st and your other pick is Zack Johnson who finishes 40th.....your combined score is 41. The lowest score wins. Picking the winner, breaks any ties.

3Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 1:19 pm

Sal

Sal

Rory
Louis Oosthuizen

4Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 1:22 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I find the word "master" to be demeaning and offensive to colored people. It needs to be changed.

5Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 2:14 pm

Tiger Woods and Bubba Watson

6Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 2:25 pm

I guess the smart picks would be tiger and rory... but I'll take phil instead of rory. There are several I think have a good shot: furyk, leonard, choi... I like to see bubba in there too.

7Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 5:15 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Tiger Woods and Guan Tianlang

8Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 10:07 pm

2seaoat

No Golf fans......where are the girls when I need them....Joanie would probably win this contest.....but I guess they are angry at someone.....too many chips on shoulders.....not enough time.

9Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 10:11 pm

Seaoat... I replied to you in the "I feel good today" thread that I wanted you to see.

10Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 11:06 pm

knothead

knothead

Mr. Oats, I am not a golfer soooooo . . . . . . I pick Kentucky!

11Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 11:10 pm

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:Mr. Oats, I am not a golfer soooooo . . . . . . I pick Kentucky!

I'm down with that, but the one thing I'm sure of is ..,,

Jim Furyk
Brandt Snedeker

... won't place in the top 50.

12Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/11/2013, 11:47 pm

2seaoat

Oosthuizen

Do they let caddies play?

13Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/12/2013, 2:03 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Joanie would probably win this contest.....

I suspect they still read the forum but do not post out of spite. If I'm wrong, we have had a surge of unrelated "visitors" viewing the forum since they left.

14Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/12/2013, 2:42 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I guess the smart picks would be tiger and rory

Has Rory ever come out of that bad slump yet? Because last I saw he'd gone almost back to the duffer level.

15Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/12/2013, 3:45 pm

Winning is a funny thing... if you don't think you can... you can't.

16Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/12/2013, 7:20 pm

2seaoat

I have some picks in our contest with folks who are not currently posting, and if they win I will announce their picks. It makes me sad that after almost seven years of posting daily and reading about other people's lives we have to at times stalk folks and make threats......it really does not matter to me because I guess this forum mimics life in general......you enjoy people and slowly they leave your life and one day you wake up and they are gone. After years of laughing at our inside jokes, and pushing each others buttons.......it really is not necessary to cross over the line, but we all come to this forum with our failings and humanity.....so it is what it is.

17Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/12/2013, 10:49 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pick the Master's winner Golf_t10

18Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 8:56 am

2seaoat

Slow play is killing golf. I do not want to make any broad generalizations.......but my experience has been that folks from the far east have a tendency to play methodically and slow........I for one wish they would assess the penalty more often. After the Masters you will see folks lining up putts and walking around the green like they were playing for the green jacket........sometimes stressing the pace of the game does more for the game than all the stars combined.

19Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 1:38 pm

2seaoat

Tiger got whacked, and probably should have been disqualified, but some folks who picked Tiger are in a bit of trouble.

20Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 1:52 pm

2seaoat wrote:Tiger got whacked, and probably should have been disqualified, but some folks who picked Tiger are in a bit of trouble.

Is the tournament officials showing favoritism? I believe that had it been any other player except Tiger Woods they would most certainly been DQd. Tiger and his "Vonn-tourage" are bringing in big bucks for the Masters.

21Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 4:39 pm

2seaoat

Things are looking good for the home team........

22Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 6:20 pm

knothead

knothead

Mr. Oats, can I change my pick from Kentucky to Snedeker Please?

23Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 6:52 pm

2seaoat

Actually, Joanie will go into Sunday with the lead. She PM her picks and our leaderboard is as follows:

1. Joanie Tiger and Day
2. Seaoat Snedeker and Furyk
3. Pace Tiger and Bubba
4. PK Tiger and Rory
5. Boards Tiger and Tianlang
6. Sal Rory and a cut....whats his name

Day just missed the putt to make it a tie for first in our picks, but ladies first.

24Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 7:05 pm

2seaoat

Another missed putt by Day, puts Seaoat in the lead for the final day........as Dreams says.......I like to brag.............

25Pick the Master's winner Empty Re: Pick the Master's winner 4/13/2013, 7:43 pm

2seaoat

I'm down with that, but the one thing I'm sure of is ..,,

Jim Furyk
Brandt Snedeker

... won't place in the top 50.

I guess it is pretty safe to say that Kentucky Basketball has seen its best days.......at least for a couple years...........cuz Cousin Sal picked them......he now holds the Seaoat mantle for worst sports picks.......... Arrow

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum